It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful Solar Storm Could Shut Down U.S. for Months

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
So please don't jump down my throat. I really have no idea what will happen on 2012. This is all speculation, which is why we are on a discussion thread on a conspiracy theory web site. Or maybe you didn't realize that.

i just think it's fascinating to see people even consider doomsday predictions and i always like to understand what their motives for believing are...
that's why i'm saying "because someone on the radio/tv/other media thinks it's going to happen we need to believe them"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

just think it's fascinating to see people even consider doomsday predictions and i always like to understand what their motives for believing are... that's why i'm saying "because someone on the radio/tv/other media thinks it's going to happen we need to believe them"

If it was just the television stations saying this, with nothing to back it up, then I would likely blow it off, but when you have scientists and astrophysicists that don't know hats going on, and the PTB's won't let you mention it in any news oriented spectrum? "Damn right I will be afraid and absolute;y keeping my eye to the skies!" So to speak.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine

If you like this sort of stuff I recommend you look into David Flynn's Doomsday Clock

video.google.com...

2012 is when it all aligns and we stare straight into the eye of Ouroboros. Even if nothing happens it's still an amazing time to be alive through - we're truly blessed whatever the outcome.

Holly cow....thank you so much for posting this. I just now got a chance to watch it tonight...and I am blown away. Thanks. I can't wait to read and hear more of his stuff.

I highly recommend everyone watch this if you have time to spare....it's very enlightening.

I think what blows my mind is the eagle and the serpent symbolism which is echoed in the seal of the president of the united states. That means, that our founding fathers knew all about the precession of the zodiac, and the 2012 date, etc... And one would assume that the official explanation of the seal of the president would be passed down to all presidents afterwards.

Which means that all presidents must know of what's to come in 2012....unless the information somehow stopped being passed down....which I can't imagine happening. And you know what they say....almost all the presidents have been members of secret societies, which also pass down this knowledge....so I guess what I'm just now realizing is that our government has known all along that huge things were going to happen at around the time of 2012.

Holy cow....I'm blown away. Seriously blown away.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

New Web Bots Predictions about 2012
www.disclose.tv...
Hoped that worked , but will find out right now, "Won't I?"

Thanks for the great link. I have also been following the web bot prediction, but I had not seen that video before. Great video.

Wow....makes me want to buy land in the country and start farming now.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

New Web Bots Predictions about 2012
www.disclose.tv...

Thanks for the great link. I have also been following the web bot prediction, but I had not seen that video before. Good video....makes me want to buy land in the country and start farming now.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

www.foxnews.com

Damage to power grids and other communications systems could be catastrophic, the scientists conclude, with effects leading to a potential loss of governmental control of the situation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well first off the title.

Thanks for the laugh

My question is...
This is only going to be a problem here in the US? What the rest of the world will go about their merry way?

Second. "effects leading to a potential loss of governmental control of the situation."
UMMM what situation? Did they ever have control of Solar Storms or the effects?

Third I think the title is a bit sinsationalized

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah if you read the thread you would see we all pretty much agreed on the fact it would be a larger event than just encompassing the states.

Sensationalism with the topic, maybe.. their words not mine. But then again if "they" do not say anything, we will vilify them for the silence.

It is more interesting now than ever before though, because of the recent information of our planetary magnetic shielding having gaping rips in it. Add that with the apex of the 11 year solar cycle, and you have an event that will be interesting to see progress.

For all we know, the smaller solar storms that are affecting us now could be the cause of the recent seismic/volcanic activity worldwide, just magnified by a thinned out shield.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I can't argue the fact that "We can't tell for sure these out comes." statements, but one thing is for sure, if you had watched the 2012 video, it is an era of new and unusual events , and we as a species have never had to deal with such thing's in recorded history.
The planet Earth has probably seen these events and bared the pains of them, but the fact that there has been mass extinctions throughout the history of the blue marble, only leaves one to accept "The end is inevitable for us " as well. Where, When, How or why are all teh questions one can endeavour on, and with responses such as "Scientists and credentialed individuals are concerned and don't know how or what to do or expect" is quite the profound answer of explanations.
This is not "Scare Tactics" it is our current reality.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I know I just got a laugh is all
I thought the article was pretty funny.

Not the possible situation because I do believe as we become more advanced in our communication systems the easier for something like this to do us in.
Also I like books, real books and they cant get their data erased by some random power surge.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Electormagnetic pulse, or EMP is very real. The US military is EMP hardened. The only real protection from EMP is fibre optics. This is an expensive but successful countermeasure. The US infrastructure should be EMP hardened, however, it is not...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know Slayer,
It is rather "Unbelievable" in it's text, but there are many examples given to us this very day that the world is going to change, and the PTB can not control this event, and with people of teh 'Real' humanitarian emotion, it is hard to have all these events unfolding and no one listening to the warning signs, such as this thread. It is a "Real Deal" scenario, it is just a matter of time and events to stage it all as it will be, then the laughter will stop and a heart wrenching existence will take teh place of smiles and denial.

Look at Easter Island, it has since the discovery of global warming, deteriorated some 90% and is on the brink of total ecological devastation.
They are saying the global warming event may produce a "Global over heat catastrophe" or it could be signs of another "Ice Age" for teh planet, and either is a welcomed thought of the worlds population. it will change life as we know it, forever.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Oh dear, Oh dear!!

The 11-year 'cycle' of our Star that we call "Sol", or just, the sun, has been known for decades.....of course, since you obviously cannot discern an eleven-year cycle UNLESS you've observed for a good, long time!

Let's see.....the sun, and our Solar System were forming roughly, give or take a few million, about FIVE Billion years ago. All that while, the sun, sitting there, 'coughing' every now and then?? Yet, here WE ARE!!!

Not to mention, so many of our earlier contestants, in the millions of years prior....likely NOT killed off by our sun, but by external, or possibly even internal forces.

So....if, just IF, an EMP could possibly last long enough to disrupt some World grids....dontcha think a few computer nerds with some Macs would manage to get everything back up within a few days?

Hmmmm......note to self, dump MicroSoft and buy Apple......

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The solar cycle, the possibility of a massive CME, and the coming of a high point in Solar weather is all fact.

Solar flares, CMEs and their effects

"Some effects of solar storms were far beyond the nuisance level, especially at higher latitudes. In August 1972, a 230,000-volt transformer at the British Columbia Hydroelectric Authority blew up when shifting magnetic fields induced a current spike. On March 13, 1989, a storm plunged Quebec into a complete power blackout, affecting millions.

Over the years, such failures -- which follow the sunspot cycle -- have caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damage."

A history of solar weather

People joke, but the bottom line is that a massive disruption of electrical systems would be catastrophic. Imagine no trucks coming to your town with goods for your local supermarket, most people would go hungry.

The Northern Hemisphere would be set back for a long time - Basically the more advanced and dependent a society is on technology to more likely an event such as this could lead to a lot of death and destruction.

In parts of the world where people are less dependent of technology life would go on pretty much as before.

That an event like this is certain to occur is a FACT.

Like any disaster, you can do things now to prepare. Most importnatly learn a skill which will aid in feeding you and your family when you can't get to Wal-Mart. Think about the route that a dozen eggs takes to get to your omelet. Think about that loaf of Wonder bread and how it gets to you.

As for it effecting America, the truth is that America is a highly industrialized nation which depends on technolgy for even basics of life ( as is most of the West of course). I believe that nations such as America and the UK would be most adversley effected.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Merigold.....what a shame!!

Your first 'link' is completely off-topic. Your second link is a compilation of dis-connected stories that seem not to relate to the concept that a powerful 'Solar Storm' might disrupt, or as the title suggests, "Shut Down" the U.S. for Months.

Funny that ONLY the "U.S." would be affected....not Canada, nor Mexico, nor Panama.....Costa Rica, Venezuela, etc, etc, etc.....

Not to mention that the Earth happens to rotate about its axis....do people not realize this???

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Erm, my first link give a quick explanation about the solar cycle, how is that off topic?

My second link gave a list of past solar storms and their effects, how is that off topic?

?????

I know NOT only America would be effected - my point was that America, like other highly industrialzed countries would be more adversley effected.

I don't see how that can be argued.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join