It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Roar from Faraway Space Detected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Mystery Roar from Faraway Space Detected

news.yahoo.com

"The universe really threw us a curve," Kogut said. "Instead of the faint signal we hoped to find, here was this booming noise six times louder than anyone had predicted."

But the newly detected signal, described here today at the 213th meeting of the American Astronomical Society, is far louder than astronomers expected.

There is "something new and interesting going on in the universe," said Alan Kogut of NASA
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is really interesting to me. Is what they are hearing the actual expansion of the universe? Maybe it's the burning roar of the sun? Maybe God has a loose speaker wire? Could be anything really.

I'm interested in what they learn about this noise. I'm guessing it could be a while before they find out any more information on this, or they may not at all. What are your thoughts?

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 1/8/2009 by leisuredrummer]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Whatever it is, NASA will cover up 90% of it and then spin the official 10% to us.

Hopefully, someone with some brains and not affiliated with NASA will end up spilling the beans about the true nature of the signal.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is already here www.abovetopsecret.com... I know that because I posted this news as well and then found like two more threads on it
ooops

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm sure that we'll end up hearing that it was a fluke or a bad reading. Or we may never hear anything about it again.

Like the way the Nasa sends rovers to Mars that malfunction at the last second...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Does anyone have mp3 of sound, it would be interesting to hear something like that as to what it would sound like. Is that more than one line?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think I know what that distant roar is: A few years back, I stumbled down
a darkened hallway, going for the bathroom; but forgot about some metal shelving I stacked there, and stubbed my toe real bad, and let out a blood-curdling scream, that echoed all the way into space...now they're hearing it returning from space!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
This post is amazing to me because I actually think my psyche is in some kind of tune with our universe, meaning my moods and feelings are the product of sound.

And lately i have sensed that i am more connected to the universe because of this symbiotic relationship between the human nervous system and sound waves.

My personal theory is that the universe was begun by three to five different basic elements, then a sixth elements or catazlyst was added to start the matter balls hurling and spining through the chaosphere.

Now when a water bubble in the ocean expands we can witness maliable changes in the outer shell of it. But with a sphereoidal or spinnng sphere which I forget the name of an imperfect sphere..sorry.

So with that the center, pushed sound waves on both the outside-outwards, and the inside-inwards. Add then a symphony of planets and galaxies creating a harmonic confusion, perhaps that sound is what is affecting our expansion. With out force expansion wouldn't remain.

But after time perhaps the affect of anomolous matter does effect the wall of our universe, which im sure is comprised of a gradient or falloff of energy or static?

So we have the effects on sound of trasduction, conversion, dampening, pitch alteration, pitch blurring, unless we are able to focus in on say a planet with whatever they do for getting planet sounds from space.

So being inside an atmosphere, our microcosmic body or what we also call psyche, are affected eventually by the cascade of blending and effected pitches and delays of the expansion force soundwaves that blend with the within creating a harmonic resonance..perhaps magnetism, temperature, vacuums and sound waves/energy are a fun thing to start learning about for me at this point? hmm

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Is it at all possible that the radio waves are artificial? Meaning originating from an intelligent species somewhere?

I'm sure they themselves have wondered this, but of course we wouldn't hear about it.

Also, just off-topic: Any one else find it odd that Columbia blew up over a small town that just so happens to have a NASA facility based there?

Anyway, carry on. I know nothing about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I wonder if they'll slow down or speed up the sound to see if it says something.
Maybe if they play it backwards there'll be a satanic message.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A very interesting thing we have here.. We have seemingly background noise now comming to our sensors.

My guess is this.. There is a signal being sent out throughout the whole galaxy, that if you have the right tuner, you can pick up whats going on.

So in essence, its like we are driving down a long road of highway in our cars.. We dont have a CB, but can hear the trucks moving past us.
Metaphore here.. But in essence we need a CB!

Or a way to tune into what we are not tuned into right now..

So much we dont know.. We are like children as a whole..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Interesting Thread...!
Another thought......maybe it's Blossom Channeling!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm curious what a black hole sounds like. What about the sounds we might hear getting closer to galactic center or whatever. Two galaxies colliding etc. What about the never ending story's; the nothingness?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Most likely feedback from a spare improbability drive. Just passing Vogons. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The sun isnt really considered far away space...its actually just down the street in relative terms. This sounds like something very far off....thousands of light years possibly.

Originally posted by leisuredrummer

This is really interesting to me. Is what they are hearing the actual expansion of the universe? Maybe it's the burning roar of the sun? Maybe God has a loose speaker wire? Could be anything really.

I'm interested in what they learn about this noise. I'm guessing it could be a while before they find out any more information on this, or they may not at all. What are your thoughts?

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 1/8/2009 by leisuredrummer]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They say to say Om mantra, but is said the sound of the universe is ONG. I would really like to hear what this sound, sounds like if possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This probably explains why TPTB are so hot on taking away our analog sets. Forcing us into digital gives TPTB complete control over what we see and hear. No free thinkers are allowed now there will be no free transmitters or viewing either. I was just complaining at another site that the ETs are going to have to do some serious PR and mass communication if they expect us to believe they mean us no ill will. Maybe they are trying.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
After reading the article, it seems frankly amazing that this huge radio emission escaped notice until now.

My guess, as an apt. dweller: a neighboring parallel universe with the radio on too loud.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
After reading the article, it seems frankly amazing that this huge radio emission escaped notice until now.

My guess, as an apt. dweller: a neighboring parallel universe with the radio on too loud.

My guess is they figured they would have it figured out by now and could just say "Oh ya we discovered it to be a star exploding and by the calculations we were able to determine when it exploded and where at" or something like that yet nothing explains it to date so they decided to just press release it and see what possible theory's might pop up.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
When they translated the roar they discovered it said;

"C'mon down to craaaaaazy Zzblksh's used intergalactic spacecraft lot! We've gone craaaazy! We're slashing prices, we're getting you financing, we're practically giving them away! So hop in your old clunker and take the IG 242 wormhole to the Crab Nebula and see us! No one can beat our prices! We're CRAAAAAAZY!"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join