It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Coulter Banned For Life From NBC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Anne Coulter Banned For Life From NBC

www.examiner.com

According to the Drudge Report, top-selling conservative author Anne Coulter has been banished from NBC – for life.

What started as a spot cancellation of an appearance on tomorrow’s Today Show – allegedly because of statements made in her forthcoming book “Guilty: Liberal ‘Victims’ and Their Assault on America” - has become a perpetual ban.

According to Drudge, sources at NBC claimed they were "just not interested in anyone so highly critical of President-elect Obama, right now."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.drudgereport.com

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Turns out the headline was something of a hyperbole. The "ban" (according to Drudge) was only expected to last until today(Tuesday). This sort of report is only going to make people curious about what she has to say (I'm looking for a copy of her book right now). Liberal though I am, I like to hear all sides of an issue.

I would argue that NBC has a right to pick and choose if they want to, Fox certainly does. I could say all the networks should strive for more objectivity, but I am doubtful complete objectivity is possible. Everyone has their biases, though some may not realize them. As long as many different perspectives are out there (and they are not--some viewpoints are suppressed--some deservedly so) I guess that's the best one can hope for.

www.examiner.com

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I will tell you she has nothing of interest or of any truth to tell anyone, that woman is a disgrace and will forever carry that title.

She better shut up now that she will have a nEW PRESIDENT, or else, SHE WILL BE UNPATRIOTIC and thats just not cool.

That hag is a hasbeen. a neverwas! neverwillbe!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

ummm

sarcasm or are u just an angry venter?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ConservativeJack

The latter, who fails to realize that such sophomoric name-calling makes one no better than the object of disdain [in this case, Coulter].

Personally, Ann Coulter's diatribes are repulsive. But this is television we're talking about here. What do people expect?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure how she ever got to be a 'name' person. If someone less 'elite' than she spewed some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth they'd be in jail. Since she was SO ardent about supporting 'The President' when Bush was in office, lets see what she has to say when Obama is sworn in. Coulter needs a new job. One that has value. Don't we have some nuclear plants that need cleaning?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
hahahaha, this is the real Ann Coulter, right here;

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
haha shock horror 'American News Agency Highly Biased' gosh whatever next, we'll find out the government have only been telling us what they think we #should# hear! or Big business doesn't have our best interests at heart!

Meh, it's all nonsense until we can work out the pope religion and where bears do their business we're still in the dark ages.

Oh well, as long as fox is 'fair and balanced' everything will be ok.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many here that believe in freedom of speech.Except when it pretains to an opposeing view. People should never totally agree with anybody.It's unhealthy and begets an automaton following.
I don't always agree with Ann's views.She is sometimes harsh and brash.However many of her points lend creedence to thought. My thought is everyones point of view is valid,and much knowledge can be gleaned if you choose not to ignore them or cast them aside because of personal prejudice.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I will tell you she has nothing of interest or of any truth to tell anyone, that woman is a disgrace and will forever carry that title.

She better shut up now that she will have a nEW PRESIDENT, or else, SHE WILL BE UNPATRIOTIC and thats just not cool.

Are you afraid of opposing viewpoints, or just afraid? Everyone has a right to their own opinions and observations. You don't have to listen.

Does it bother all liberals/progressives/democrats (which are you this week?) that discordant voices are allowed to be heard.

What is it about "Free Speech" that you do not like or understand?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

I would argue that NBC has a right to pick and choose if they want to, Fox certainly does. I could say all the networks should strive for more objectivity, but I am doubtful complete objectivity is possible. Everyone has their biases, though some may not realize them. As long as many different perspectives are out there (and they are not--some viewpoints are suppressed--some deservedly so) I guess that's the best one can hope for.

www.examiner.com

What about the "fairness doctrine", this is what Liberals want for talk radio, TV so doesn't it apply to NBC? They should lead by example.

Roper

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Are you sure she is a woman? I have seen Adam's Apples on her and yes PLURAL, she has two on one book cover of hers. And she is a hate filled crazy person who should be speaking at the Hitler museum with her Fascist views...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Does it bother all liberals/progressives/democrats (which are you this week?) that discordant voices are allowed to be heard.

Obviously not. Did you read my OP?

Who suppresses free speech more--the left or the right? That could be the subject of much debate, but it's likely just to end in name calling.

I might remind you that folks like Rush Limbaugh & co. are not exactly open-minded either.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm confused. Is the ban for just a few days or is it really 'for life'??

I think it's beyond funny that NBC said it was because they don't want someone that critical of Obama on their network. At least they aren't hiding their bias.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ann is the most beautiful woman on the planet. God Bless her I hope she keeps sticking it to NBC and obamassiah.........

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Unpatriotic?
Then her and Obama should get along swell. Two peas in a pod.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

WOW WOW WOW!!!! HOW QUICKLY the tide has turned!!! Some Republicans accused you liberals of being unpatriotic when you spewed the same venom about George W. Bush, even in the early days of his presidency!

And you Democrats and libs had the GAUL to say you were taking the high road and would never call someone unpatriotic for expressing their right to free speech.

All the sudden, when YOUR elected president is the target of vitriol, you travel down the very same road you condemned just 7-8 years earlier!!!

HYPOCRYTES ALL YOU that scream free speech against an elected official is unpatriotic!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The "Examiner" article implies the ban is of unspecified length; the "Drudge Report" cites one executive at NBC as saying the ban could last only as long as Wednesday (I stated Tuesday in the OP--my mistake).

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
She'll go after anyone if it stirs the pot and causes controversy.

How would she actually sell her insipid books if she didn't?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join