It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anne Coulter Banned For Life From NBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
And which person did NBC ever ban for vitriolic attacks on Bush?

Level playing field. Deny Hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I draw the line when she refers to all Liberals as TERRORISTS.

;nuff said

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by jdub297

I draw the line when she refers to all Liberals as TERRORISTS.

;nuff said

And yet, still covered by free speech. Besides, there was far worse said about Bush, McCain and Palin. So you tell me - if you ever said anything bad about any of those three, does that mean you are unpatriotic? Did you speak out because you just wanted to stir the pot?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And which person did NBC ever ban for vitriolic attacks on Bush?

Level playing field. Deny Hypocrisy.

Let them do it, I say. The more NBC and others do this sort of thing the more they undermine their reputations for being "fair and unbiased" networks. I'm not a fan of Coulter any more than the next person, but dammit she still has a right to speak her mind in this country as do we all, no matter how hard it is to listen to.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I'm not a fan of Coulter any more than the next person, but dammit she still has a right to speak her mind in this country as do we all, no matter how hard it is to listen to.

Her right to free speech is covered by the Bill of Rights. But there is no law that says she has a right to do it on NBC. I doubt very much that Fox would want to hire me as a commentator, for example, but there is no law or Constitutional clause or amendment that says they have to.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Anne Coulter is a non-issue.

She is just s symptom of our sad current state of affairs her eint he USA.

Poorly educated, poorly informed, addicted to drama and divisive crap.

She is a political 'shock-jock' and nothing more.

She contributes little or nothing to the state of politics or the state of the nation.

Who cares if she is banned or not, she is a waste of space.

Of course this is simply MHO.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
UPDATE:

According to Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, the "banned for life" part is Coulter's own exaggeration. Apparently it was very important to her to introduce her new book on NBC (why NBC, I wonder, since she thinks it's so reprehensible?) and she was throwing one of her trademark fits.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Sestias]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
God is that woman still alive, jebus....

well good for NBC, one less bigot on they're airwaives

Congrats to them!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Originally posted by sos37
I'm not a fan of Coulter any more than the next person, but dammit she still has a right to speak her mind in this country as do we all, no matter how hard it is to listen to.

Her right to free speech is covered by the Bill of Rights. But there is no law that says she has a right to do it on NBC. I doubt very much that Fox would want to hire me as a commentator, for example, but there is no law or Constitutional clause or amendment that says they have to.

I'm not arguing that NBC or any other channel has to let her on their network, because clearly they don't. I'm arguing against people like dgTempe who claim Anne Coulter is unpatriotic by making fantastic claims against liberals, and wishing she would "just shut up".

The best way to take power away from folks like her is to not buy her books and not watch or listen to the shows on which she appears.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Any guesses as to who was a guest on NBC's Today show this morning? Yep, Anne Coulter. So this whole thread is basically nonsense hype.

Ann Coulter smiled brightly and thanked Matt Lauer for welcoming her to the TODAY show. Lauer smiled back, thanked her for coming, and told the caustic conservative commentator that reports of her being banned by NBC were untrue.
today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

She may be caustic and I can't stand to listen to her for long periods of time, but damn dog, she's still hot.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Maybe everyone at NBC need to take a course on the First Amendment. The same document that gives NBC the right to broadcast, gives Ann Coulter the right to write her books.

Simply allowing Ann Coulter to express herself or to discuss her new book does not imply that they agree with her. This is Journalism 101 stuff.

Banning Ann Coulter sounds a little like the boycott of Fox News that the Democrats tried a year ago. We all saw how well that worked out as Bill Richardson, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama, all eventually went on Fox. They had to, they could not afford to ignore a major network.

This is going to backfire on NBC and they will watch as their ratings continue to sink. Making them ripe for a buyout by Rupert Murdock

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

They didn't ban her. Read the thread.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Who did they ban for vitriolic attacks on liberals?

The playing field Is level.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Reply to Dbates:

Originally posted by Sestias
UPDATE:

According to Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, the "banned for life" part is Coulter's own exaggeration. Apparently it was very important to her to introduce her new book on NBC (why NBC, I wonder, since she thinks it's so reprehensible?) and she was throwing one of her trademark fits.
[edit on 6-1-2009 by Sestias]

I posted this last night, as well as a reply to Flyers Fan to the effect that one article implied the ban was of indeterminate length and that Drudge said it could last only until Wednesday (today).

Didn't you read any of my posts?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join