It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I was thinking after all the zombie movies (I especially looked into Resident Evil)

Will the government/military actually be happy until they made a chemical that allowed the dead to rise and feed, Is it possible this is already in testing? If there was an out brake of this would they be ready to handle it, Or could this wipe the world out if this actually happens

The government have a bad habbit of making chemicals/diseases without an antidote so if they made a chemical for zombies, Most likely they woudnt make an antidote

Tell me what you think about this or if you know anything about it

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't think it's so much about raising the dead, but rather a disease that will make people go into rage, much like the movie 28 days. I'm sure there's an antidote to ever man made disease, it's just reserved for certain people.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The way the government is so sick and twisted they would probably have the antidote and the disease would be spread they would leave it for a couple days and monitor the activity of it but when they try to use the antidote ithas spread to much and it will of nearly wiped out the world or something

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It's called population control. I don't think the government would allow for such a thing to spread pandemically, but in order to keep down viral mutalitions, they'll quarantine and monitor from there.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
True they wouldn't like it to happen but if there was an outbrake of this. Yes they would send in various swat teams to go for the kill of them (Head shots like in the movies
), But could you picture your self standing infront of a dead person who is covered in blood cuts all over him also imagine the smell of it, You would be to scared to do anything unless you was a natural born killer

And most likely the zombies would kill more people than them being killed like a ratio probably 10:1, You say the governemnt would take care of it, But if this went and spread to the streets all the civilians such as me and you would be faced with this problem and what could we do? Die gracefully at the hands of them, So think about the mass outbrakes it could cause before you say it has a cure that can work

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I figured if any event ever like this were to happen, and yes, say it spread to the streets and I encountered such a thing, I'm going to have the mentality, if I'm going down, I'm taking others with me. So give me the rusty butcher knives, a vehicle, and alot of ammunition, and I'll take care of business
plus, I'm sure I'd create a moat of fire, not sure where, but I'm gonna have a moat.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yes true some people would take actions into there own hands me for one, But like i saw on Dawn of the Dead (origional version of couirse
) Say you was out killing them you encountered a family member under some much distress and emotion from all ready killing people and because of this outbrake would you be able to kill them, Knowing they wouldnt run on emotion they would just be running for food and death

I can honestly saw i would be able to do it and kill a deceased family member but it would be emotionally challenging

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I think things would end up more like Shaun of the Dead than Dawn of the dead, but it's quite a plausable situation nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
What do you mean it would end up more like shawn of the dead? Sorry ive not seen that yet

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Oh yeah, it would be emotionally devastating if you had to kill a zombie family member, but if you think of it this way, they're dead, they're not themselves, and they're trying to kill you, I think it would then be a little easier to do so. But still, I guess you could feel guilty for killing them for a second time.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You guys ever consider Mad Cow.... What if it like eventually evolved into Mad Human or something?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
if zombies ever start appearing, what will happen when one is injured? shall one transform? shall one walk it off? or if they are seriously injured, will they walk it off like the stars did in re 1? or will they hobble pitifully with their arm across their gut as in re 2?
where's stars when you need them?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
When ATS gathers to kill off the zombies when we have an outbrake of it...We will be STARS

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
as the great Stephen King once wrote "OH #, HERE COMES THE ZOMBIES!!..maybe we should walk a little faster"

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah, Zombies are dumb and slow in most movies but I'd still most definatly sh!t my pants if I saw one.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You guys ever consider Mad Cow.... What if it like eventually evolved into Mad Human or something?

Isn't that called CJD? The human variant of BSE. It does turn you into a Zombie, albeit without the wanton need to eat living peoples Brains.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well spotted Bacchus - there is Mad Human..Also Known As C.J.D. You do get pretty zombified, but only while you are lying in a coma dying.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They would probably be able to handel it. The troops in 28 days were lazy and crazy. All they have to do is report it on the news, tell everyone to stay home while they deal with it and poof problem solved.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If there ever were a true Zombie epidemic, it would be like fighting George Foreman. If you're still standing after the first several rounds, you'll end up OK.

When the Zombies first become "activated" I think they would be the fast-moving, fast-attacking kind as seen in 28 DAYS LATER (not a true zombie filck, I know) or the DAWN OF THE DEAD remake. This is when things could spiral out of control VERY quickly.
However, if we were able to withstand the first several weeks, one has to think that rigor mortis would begin to set in rendering them to be quite immobile a la Romero's zombies. It would be during this stage that we could regain control via organized extermination squads and the like.

Of course this is all assuming that people remain calm and rational during stage 1. I would agree with Romero's films that cooler heads probably wouldn't prevail, and with the exception of a few, we'd be pretty much screwed.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here's a fun link about zombies... says it's a tribute site, why it's an ORG not GOV. Not sure about the validity, but you can check on that yourself.

www.fvza.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join