It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

And most likely the zombies would kill more people than them being killed like a ratio probably 10:1

Nuke em lol, nah just bomb em and that would clear things up pretty well....
(I would go with the nuke though, hehe)....

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Maybe not death raising but there can be some kind of drug like the ones that african shamans used for creating the real life �zombies� guys whose under these drugs effect were stronger, pain immune and mindless, much as some actual drugs, of course you could hit and pierce them as much as you want cause it would not die until the drug effects passes. The drug would be easy to develop and spread, but it would require mind control too.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think zombies need to take over the world. That way the human race would quit making war amongst themselves and ally against a common enemy. I think it would really wake us up, unfourtainitly, I doubt it would happen.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
After doing alot of research i find that it would be NEAR impossible to bring a corpse back to live, There would be a scientific way to do it through the Eltical Impulse in the brain this carrys on once your dead if you can get it charging all your body have it re-generating new cells etc this would form a corpse to be walking around doing stuff

Also to have them needing to feed on human flesh would be quite impossible unless you tied them up and fed them on human flesh for a good couple of month and even though they would be zombies brainwash them into needing human flesh and blood then thats the only way i can think it would be possible for a Zombie to be alive and/or to feed on flesh

Im not saying this is Impossible but im saying it is Unlikely

I have seen someone say in the topic or a similar topic it is not the dead being brought back to life but people being 'Enraged' (Not sure if thats the correct word to use) Like in 28 days later, Which i think would be the most concerning thing and i think there could be possible tests happening on this but not for used as such lethal conseqences (Spell check) as the movie would make us think, I think it could be used on Front Line Soldiers in the war not neccesary in Iraq but like close-up combat like in the trenches of WW1 were they would just go and run at each other and die basically (Im sorry to go a little off topic here) But i think this is what it would be used for because people wouldnt be brave enough to just run onto the wrong end of a machine gun and die so they could be millitary test to enrage people into doing crazy # like that

Well thats my opinion anyone think otherwise?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wake Up

Seriously ya'll. Some of you are right, some are wrong. For those who think they'll call in a swat team. dream on. If your precious government set those things on you, do you think they'll just call them back by sending primary elite troops? Resident Evil was good for one thing. causing the superstition that an outbreak would happen, cuz some dumbass leaked a rumor saying it was actually based on a secret lab somewhere in north Alaska. But the numbnuts forgot, Resident Evil is a GAME series. ( a fun one at that too! xD ) And if anyone bothered to watch the Special features in the DVD version of 28 days later. you would see clearly that top reaserchers said an Epidemic is quite possible. If the government is willing to attack Iraq with a SARS virus. Whoose to say they won't release Solanum ( as quoted from the Ultimate Zombie Survival Guide ), and C.J.D. is not truely a threat. Becuase the zombie effects take place in coma. so unless u stick your hand in its mouth and force it to bite you. shut up. And the FVZA was an actual organization between 60s-80s. But it's not that reliabe since it's been out of operation now is it. My theory is, the Rapture will come when jesus walks the earth, and all those who havent accepted christ will live there for 7 days to accept christ, and zombies will walk the earth while u wait to accept him. but thats only my biblical theory, if u wish to discuss anything with me please Instant message me at Sw33tDrmin4Life

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
PS- how are we for shure the movies are right? Suppose there is no way to kill it. suppose shooting it in the head ISNT ENOUGH? what will you do then? Run. it's the only thing you can do. and hiding somewhere wont work. They find you by SMELL, remember that. And heres a weapons tip!

Blade- Machete or Hatchet. Anything with ridges ( ie- saw ) wont work, it will become lodged in the body and you will be stuck to them until u let go of the weapon, and by then they might already be biting your neck off

Gun-

Automatic-- I suggest Special OPs Desert Storm Mod AK-47. It has semi-automatic and automatic modes. It wont lodge if dirt or water gets in it, and bullets arent too uncommon.

Rifle-- a good ol' .22 with a good Scope, make sure its sighted well too. The reason being is, u can find .22 bullets anywhere

Handgun- Either a standard .45 Calibur Baretta ( standard police equipment ) or a Colt 45 Magnum, powerfull bitch right there

Shotgun- 12 Gaudge, just be sure you can handle that baby, its got a nasty kick, and also be loaded with ammo, you'll need it, i'd say 5 common boxes of 100 shells, by Remington.

Car- Hummer, not the H2, the original one, it has more durability than the H2, and dont go for anything with a fold-up top like convertables and jeeps.

If you have a Jeep, install a metal top, and get bullet-proofing on windows ( that goes for every glass- home, car, etc )

Other- good old fashion bike, It's light and portable, only it dosent have protection =/

if you are worried about if your safe or not, i do have strategys for Surviving in groups, surviving solo, preparing your home.

Email me and i will email you the strategy. Or if u would like to rate my strategy please email me. Please leave feedback on my post! thx

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i think you forgot the good old

zombies aren't real and will never be real (thank God)

if they are so slow, why do we need to be so scared?, gun... bang.... bang... bang.....bang.... you get the idea.. zombies are just slow moving target practice

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Theyre slow, point good, but if you get about 100 round you, you cant kill but so many at one time eventually you'll get surrounded. And zombies are possible man =/ you just don't want to accept it. No one does, but truth point blank, it's gonna happen, and your going to have to be prepared or die.

Deny Ignorance
Deny Bliss

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We have been known to spread disease diliberatley- when a group of pilgrims gave a tribe of indians blankets covered with a disease ( I am sorry I cant remember what disease it was i will do some more research!!)- I dont think they would create zombies- but i would put it past them to spread a disease dileberatley...

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
-replying to Deny_Bliss

i think not, zombie's can't exist and there is nothing to deny
that which is dead is dead and can't live...

fight or flight neutraling drugs wouldn't true you into a zombie only a LIVING pychopath

[edit on 123131p://666 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
why would the government care to turn people into zombies if only they could control the mind (who knows maybe they do already)

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A genetically modified version of RABIES would emulate the 28 days version of zombies. It can be spread through biting. Animals don't reason that well, so they tend to attack. So the disease would need to overcome a man's ability to reason and think so he becomes a mindless killing machine.

Funny, but rabies never gets mentioned in the press anymore, until recently when 4 people died from receiving rabies infected organs from the same man.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's impossbile to bring the dead back to life. there is no wat to do it. Once you die, you dont come back. Your organs cant function anymore because they have passed out.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Zombie aren't really viable. Without bloodflow there would be no motion.. with bloodflow would mean brain activity.. with brain activity you can pretty much rule out mindless zombies.

I also don't think the Gov would be stupid enough to release any viral agent as a means of pop control... they can easily mutate and become uncontrollable.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
At least all the time I spent playing Resident Evil will come in handy

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMeI also don't think the Gov would be stupid enough to release any viral agent as a means of pop control... they can easily mutate and become uncontrollable.

you'd have to admit, the government has made some pretty stupid decisions in the past 10-20 years

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Some pretty interesting thoughts here, but the whole zombie idea you see in the movies is a skewed version of a real Voodoo curse, that like most things, has quite a rational explination.

Sometimes in the Carribbean, someone 'dies' and is miraculaously brought back to life, who then serves as a 'living dead' slave to a witchdoctor who brought them back form the dead.
The truth behind this is that the witchdoctor 'infects' the soon-to-be zombie beforehand. That is, he poisons the victim with a preperation based on the ground bones of a small fish (can't remember the spieces). This toxin renders the victim comatose and lasts for about a week. The victim will appear dead to the uneducated eye, and when the poison begind to wear off, the witchdoctor performs a dummy ceremony to 'awaken' the 'dead' man. Because the whole voodoo magic thing is engrained in their psyche and folklore, and witchdoctors are too feared to be questioned, people buy the voodoo magic explination- victims included, who then precede to serve their masters as a 'walking dead'. There is no contagiousness or random brain eating involved, but 'zombies' can carry out their masters dirty work - ie murder, terrorising etc.

(I got this info from one on of those 'paranormal explained' type documantaries on tv. It was very interesting and showed interviews with witchdoctors and even a demonstration of making the poison etc)

A good point I read in this thread was that involving a modified rabies virus. That could be frighteningly possible, and having read it, I wonder if there could be some twisted scientists who could or would manipulate a virus in such a way.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I saw that same special ages ago. It's powers of your own mind .. whether it's a curse or a blessing.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Zombies are real, they don't exist UK Wizard because they're the undead!

But from studying the subject closely in my free start to the weekend, I've read books and found articles that prove the dead who can't sleep, move and walk!

Zombies cannot be made, they are our future unaware selves!

I wish people would refer to them in the correct context...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, there are parasites that can completely take over and control a hosts brain, so its possible that something similer could happen to humans. If it simply had the desire to replicate it would use whatever food was around (other humans?) and well, might ask like a zombie.

SO IMO there is basically no chance of a zombie happening natually (disease etc.) however with the way microchips and genetic engineering not to mention the growing understanding of a day, there could be man-made zombies.

They wouldn't be real zombies though, more like soldiers working for thier government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join