It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits 2 UN schools in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Israel hits 2 UN schools in Gaza

www.presstv.ir

At least five Palestinians have been killed after Israeli strikes hit two separate schools run by the United Nations in the Gaza Strip.

According to medics and UN officials, two people were killed in a strike on a school in the southern of Khan Yunis and three people were killed in an air strike on a school in Gaza City on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
More schools bombed...

How many school is now attacked... Four? And we know well that schools are made to shelters for homeless peoples. I just look long report from schools in Gaza, by Al Jazeera, where hundreds of peoples are trying to find shelter...

This madness by Israel is outrageous!

Something we will never forget.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

according to some here

schools = Bomb making factories and there for are justified

i wont mention who said that.

Those Kidz are Future terrorists and education is Bad

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

An Israeli air strike flattened one of Gaza's best private educational institutions, the American International School which had been targeted by Islamic militants in the past.

The Israeli army said the campus on a northern Gaza hilltop overlooking the Mediterranean had been used as a launching base for rockets and was a legitimate targe

the AMERICAN international school has been destroyed by Israel.

you could say this is a direct attack on the maerican way of life - trying to teach the american values to the most well-off gazan children , and israel destroy it - don`t israel want american values taught to anyone?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
See new targets your self... Al Jazeera was there yesterday!

Gazans flee homes and seek refuge in UN schools - 05 Jan 09

EDIT:

Al Jazeera just confirm attacks to schools shown in report.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
"We Are Targeting Schools"

Isreali Ambassador BBC News

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

right now i am just waiting for the Pro Israelis to come in here and justify attacking schools and places of last refuge by palestinian civilians.

funny how the Israeli ammbasidor trys to dogde the answers

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

These attacks are nails in coffin. Just I heard when Israeli Air Force Pilot and Captain demanded immediate measures to stop this madness in Live broadcast in Al Jazeera...

His parents are living in area where Hamas rockets strikes daily, but by him, there is still no support to such massacre. opposition is rising, and Israelites cant defend these attacks.

Harm and damage from this operation to Israel and US reputation is huge!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Looks like someone "farted in a foxhole" ...
yet another gaza thread has appeared.

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I just look long report from schools in Gaza, by Al Jazeera, ...

That's all you needed to say - Al Jazeera -

Originally posted by bodrul
schools = Bomb making factories and there for are justified

Schools have been turned into military targets by Hamas because they launch rockets from them and use them as weapons depots. It's a fact.

Reality check -

It's highly doubtful that school was going on during an intense war situation. That would be insane. As for the schools being used as 'shelters' according to Al Jazeera - they have NO CREDIBILITY. None. They have proven themselves to be a crock. Even if it was being used as a shelter, they were also used as military staging grounds and therefore it's HAMAS' fault if anyone was hurt in the school.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The only way out for the palestinians is yo drag the hamas leaders out and give them to Israel.

Unfortunatly that probably wont be possible, Hamas are using the palistines as a human shield. And they are using them as leverage so the world will look upon Hamas as the victim.

Hamas and Israel are both wrong, the people being killed are probably innocent.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

While I accept that it is likely Hamas do use Schools, you have offered no evidence to support your rebuttal.

And is wasn't said that Schools were continuing, it was said that these places were being used for shelter.

It is logical.

There is at least one reporter within Gaza reporting directly to the BBC, and he has confirmed more than once that people have left their houses and are taking refuge in places that they hope will not become a target.
They are not inviting Hamas in to fire rockets!

They are trying to protect their children, not offer up their kids to Hamas as Human shields.

Frankly, the fact that Israel is even continuing with this has destroyed any trust I have in their nation that they will do anything moral. I believe they are capable of anything.

They'll be judged for their actions.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Reality check? you seen any other News source lately
every channel i go to apart from press tv or Aljaz start off with the same BS
Israel attacked, Israeli familes run for cover, then it goes to Palestinians killed by Israel

they spin it so almost all actions by Israel are justified , (even the civilians killed)

This is like me spinning the attacks on 9/11 as justified as Israel are using american weapons to kill palestinians and since the americans voted in their goverment they deserve to be attacked and killed? (i dont share this view, trying to make a point)

Schools may not be going on but last time i checked in almost all countries and this has been shown in the US aswell. in time of crisis people use schools as shelters.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Reality check?

Yes. reality check.

almost all countries and this has been shown in the US aswell. in time of crisis people use schools as shelters.

Sure. But in 'Palestinian' neighborhoods HAMAS uses the schools as military staging areas - to shoot rockets from and to store arms and ammo. Therefore, in 'Palestinian' neighborhoods, schools are NOT places people should be going for shelter since HAMAS has destroyed that for them.

They might want to stay out of Mosques as well - since Hamas has done the same thing to those Mosques.

Reality check.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

"Fart in Foxhole?" - You people are real idiots when denying thins what doesnt suit to your picture...

Al Jazeera is only newsmedia in place... And BTW, why are you condemning their work? Did you even look the report? Are those people in schools just some actors... Uh? Are you those "pollywood" maniacs?

english.aljazeera.net...

They are sending 24 h live broadcast inside Gaza. You should watch OnLine material a while... Most reliable source in this mess, you Zionists have done.

They are just now talking about those attacks... THEY ARE THERE!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

firstly whats up with you and reality check, you that out of touch with reality flyer?

the Israelis are attacking UN and US sponsoerd Schools,
places where you would expect to be safe, schools, civilian Infrontstructure, ever heard of the Rules of engagment and geneva convention which protects them.

also nice of you to skip most my reply.

Reality check me again i put you on ignore and we discontinue our Hate, like relationship on ATS

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sure. But in 'Palestinian' neighborhoods HAMAS uses the schools as military staging areas - to shoot rockets from and to store arms and ammo. Therefore, in 'Palestinian' neighborhoods, schools are NOT places people should be going for shelter since HAMAS has destroyed that for them.

They might want to stay out of Mosques as well - since Hamas has done the same thing to those Mosques.

Reality check.

So, where do they go?

Here's a reality check,
As reported, Israel is not allowing anyone a safe refuge from warfare. Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International and the United Nations have all stated this and condemn Israel for attacking without conscience all areas of Gaza.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
why are you condemning their work?

Al Jazeera? You've GOT to be kidding me!
If you don't know their reputation or why ....

Are you those "pollywood" maniacs?

I have no idea what a so called 'pollywood maniac' is.
And I don't think I care to know ...

Enjoy your bash Israel thread.
I see reality is a waste of time here.

OUT.

Edited to add -

Reality check me again i put you on ignore

Ohhh I'm so hurt.
NOT!
Whatever.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

How about making your own opinion, than taking some "their reputation" to your leading attitude, without anything to back your stance...

Live pictures doesnt lie, live reports are closest to the truth we can get, and Al Jazeera is only who have people there... ( they went there with Aid boat )

Facts.

Goodbye.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Al Jazeera? You've GOT to be kidding me!
If you don't know their reputation or why ....

If you've got allegations, I'd like to hear them.

I've been following their webcasts for a couple of years now, and find them to be at least as reliable as the BBC.

Let's have some specifics.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

There is no discussion possible with those Israelites in here, they just attack, and gives hard accusations as their bombs, then retreat from scene... Some kind of "Shock and Awe" tactics, I think.

They are not here to educate them self, but just supporting their madness, agenda.

Bad mental illnes is huge western problem, and growing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join