It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Apparently Helpless Man In The Back (Update: Officer quits to avoid IA questions)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I watched yet another blurry video. But this time I didn't have the audio turned on. What I saw was someone on his knees and then on his stomach. I cannot tell if the person was shot. But he was surrounded by other officers who could have easily subdued the person. Later, the person on the ground was motionless. I would think the person didn't deserve to be shot in the back. That was, well, merciless.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
reply to post by Elijio

Blah, blah, blah,

I know what race you are.

No you don't. Wanna bet money? lol
Poor thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Modified? Link please? I'm curious. I'm a gunsmith and i've never seen any Glock modified to include a safety on the slide. As I said, the only one I'm aware of is the Glock 18 (and 18C, the compensated version) 9mm machine pistol...which is one of the main reasons you see those big honkin' 32 rd 9mm magazines floating around all over the place.

Carrying a Glock takes training and discipline. It's not like a 1911 where you can carry it fully chambered and skip on down the street without a care in the world.

Carrying a Glock is like that quote from Black Hawk Down. "This here's *my* safety." *wiggles trigger finger*

That being said...*I* carry a Glock 22, the full-sized .40 S&W version for the firearms-uneducated.

Additionally, I forgot to mention. Most agencies *do* carry their TASERs in a cross-draw rig on the opposite hip of their duty firearm. It allows you to draw either your firearm or your LTL with your strong hand. Truly, I fail to see how a police officer can confuse the two...especially since the TASER has a big yellow sticker on the back of it to help distinguish the two.

At least my stepbro's does, anyway. Not sure if it's a standard equipment sticker. I've never sold a TASER like that. The first linked one has a MSRP of $1000. Not many people willing to drop the cash on something that expensive that won't even "finish the job."

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

The gun could easily be one of these:
www.naaminis.com...

Notice the trigger guard?

I think you are just rambling and trying to say anything to defend the dead guy.

I am just here telling you my point of view. There is a big difference.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I think you should read Netwarriors' post above, the one where he is a gunsmith and completely debunks your theory.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

It's called a thumb safety.
www.tarnhelm.com...

I take it your aren't a very good gunsmith?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No hostility, man. I honestly am curious to see if there is one out there. I know some people that have done some outlandish things with guns. I have held with my own grubby little paws an AK that is both a pistol *and* bullpup configuration.

It's not outside of the realm of reason...but just for the sake of argument, if that Glock *did* have a non-standard configuration..even if it was an accident the courts will CRUCIFY that BART cop. Doing stuff like that is a big no-no when you carry a firearm in the course of duty.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I think you should get a clue before you post.

I have no theory. WTH you talking about.

Glocks are known to accidentally discharge, END OF DISCUSSION.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Here is an interesting little paragraph I found while perusing news sources about this incident....

From www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/01/04/BA0R153LGU.DTL

BART officials declined to say whether the officer was carrying a Taser - a device that sends out two electrical probes and can incapacitate its target - when he shot Grant. The agency uses Tasers but does not have enough of the expensive devices to give one to every officer.

Normally, officers who finish a shift give their Taser to an officer starting a shift. But with so many extra officers working on Wednesday and Thursday in expectation of holiday revelry, there were not enough Tasers to go around.

So basically the fact that he meant to draw a taser is in question because it seems that BART have a shortage of tasers and, being New Years it may very well have been that he was never equipped with one. If this turns out to be true then I guess there really is no argument....the man was shot in cold blood.

reply to post by Kryties

I think you should get a clue before you post.

The more you attempt to insult me, the more I disregard your posts as the ramblings of a racist fool.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I'll let that snide little comment by, considering the fact that the owners of that company are lying through their teeth. They state at the very top that it does not void the warranty, yet the installation involves cutting into the polymer frame.

Glock would have a coronary if you tried to send that in for repair.

Like I said..I was curious to know if one existed...but I will bet you ten dollars to a plugged nickel that is *not* the case regarding this cop's weapon.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Eh no, your analysis is wrong I'm afraid.
Your special, you know that?

I'm adding you to my friends list.
BTW if you could kindly point out where I defend the dead guy please.(omg u called him a "guy" instead of a negro, ur changing! *crowd cheers*)

So you think this guy deserved to die. Based on all we know at this point, his death seems justified to you?

And you didn't tell me my "race" yet...I'm still waiting mate.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

Here is another company that makes aftermarket safeties for Glocks:
www.cominolli.com...

You think I am trying to lie or something?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio

How can an analysis be wrong??? It's an opinion.

Wow you are not firing on all cylinders.

So you think this guy deserved to die. Based on all we know at this point, his death seems justified to you?

Did I EVER say that? No, I clearly remember saying a few post back that I think the shooting was an accident.

Yet another person jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Oh yeah. I nearly forgot. You said "slide mounted." Those two examples you posted are frame mounted. Now scuttle off and find me a slide mounted safety conversion for a Glock so you can try to back up your point.

Although, I do thank you for the 2nd link. I'm curious to know how it works. I can see the first one and I wouldn't risk cutting a big channel into the polymer, but I don't quite see at first glance how the second one works.

Edited to add: Nevermind. Same principle. Cut big gaping channel into the polymer frame to make room for the lever. No thank you.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by netwarrior]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
The more you attempt to insult me, the more I disregard your posts as the ramblings of a racist fool.

How am I racist? Stating FACTS about "Negros" in prisons? Using the name "Negro"?

United Negro College Fund
www.uncf.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

, the appellation was accepted as a normal neutral formal term both by those of Black African descent as well as non-African blacks

"Negro" means "black" in Spanish, Portuguese, and ancient Italian[6] - all of which derive from the Latin niger (i.e. "black").

Calling me racist, is racist.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
Oh yeah. I nearly forgot. You said "slide mounted." Those two examples you posted are frame mounted.

So you are going to heckle me because of a choice of words I used. Nice. What I meant was a "safety near the slide". Honest mistake.

for the record, this is the exact quote from me:

And if the cops gun is a Glock, that would mean the saftey is on the slide, and that style saftey is known to get bumped on and off when drawing your gun from a holster.

On the slide, near the slide, whatever... After market thumb safetys for Glocks are right against the slide.

THANKS FOR MISQUOTING ME. Disinfo.

Now scuttle off and find me a slide mounted safety conversion for a Glock so you can try to back up your point.

Back up what point? WTH are you talking about, you think I'm like trying to debate something?? There is one FACT, GLOCKS ARE KNOWN TO ACCIDENTLY DISCHARGE.

Wow, people these days.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

How can an analysis be wrong??? It's an opinion.

Wow you are not firing on all cylinders.

Did I EVER say that? No, I clearly remember saying a few post back that I think the shooting was an accident.

Yet another person jumping to conclusions.

how can an analysis be wrong....hmmmm lemme think long and hard about that one...

I never said that you said it. That's why I asked you. Do you know why people ask questions?
You clearly said that he got shot because he was acting like a typical negro. Remember that? Lol I find you entertaining you are on my friends list.

Yes I'm serious. Wait, how did u get so many points?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

How am I racist? Stating FACTS about "Negros" in prisons? Using the name "Negro"?

Here is just 2 examples where you have shown you racist attitude....

Both of the answers to the above questions point to the reason why he got shot. BECAUSE HE WAS BEING A TYPICAL NEGRO. Yeah, I said it. Truth hurts.

So you have basically put all African-Americans into the same basket. Racist? You betya.

Here's another...directed at another poster on this forum...

reply to post by Elijio

Blah, blah, blah,

I know what race you are.

You are, by dictionary definition, a racist.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

www.infoplease.com...

About 10.4% of the entire African-American male population in the United States aged 25 to 29 was incarcerated, by far the largest racial or ethnic group—by comparison, 2.4% of Hispanic men and 1.2% of white men in that same age group were incarcerated. According to a report by the Justice Policy Institute in 2002, the number of black men in prison has grown to five times the rate it was twenty years ago. Today, more African-American men are in jail than in college. In 2000 there were 791,600 black men in prison and 603,032 enrolled in college. In 1980, there were 143,000 black men in prison and 463,700 enrolled in college.

The African American prisoners mentioned above are what I call "typical"

Just stating facts.....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Oh yeah. I nearly forgot. You said "slide mounted." Those two examples you posted are frame mounted.

So you are going to heckle me because of a choice of words I used. Nice. What I meant was a "safety near the slide". Honest mistake.

OK now that you've stated your point accurately.

Now scuttle off and find me a slide mounted safety conversion for a Glock so you can try to back up your point.

Back up what point? WTH are you talking about, you think I'm like trying to debate something?? There is one FACT, GLOCKS ARE KNOWN TO ACCIDENTLY DISCHARGE. Guns don't accidentally discharge, except on rare occurences. PEOPLE accidentally discharge weapons.

Wow, people these days.

See the above. Regarding the safety, modifying one's duty weapon to such an extreme is unheard of in every police agency I've ever seen. If he did actually do this, like I said. They're going to crucify him (as they should) in civil court at the very least.

Regarding the Glock AD issue. Guns don't accidentally discharge unless in very rare mechanical failures...especially Glocks. Unbeknownst to most, Glocks have THREE safeties. One external, two internal. They're designed like that on purpose.

All of this is a moot point anyway. That officer very deliberately drew his sidearm and shot that guy. Whether or not it was an accident is also a moot point. Unless you're able to maintain yourself through control (this is where training is VITAL!) then you have no business carrying a gun. Ever.

Fun fact: Did you know that most police officers rarely shoot unless it's for their yearly (or quarterly, or bi-yearly, whatever) qualification? These are people that the general public trust with their lives. IMHO it should be REQUIRED for every police officer to spend at least two full days per month training in both force-on-force scenarios and threat identification...but that's my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join