It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Apparently Helpless Man In The Back (Update: Officer quits to avoid IA questions)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

And the great majority of those in prison are there for drug-related or other minor offences that shouldn't be punishable by jail-term. YOu are looking at the numbers but not thinking about the fact that if you take the drug-related and minor offences out of the equation you receive numbers that are equal or less than the amount of caucasion men imprisoned.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

A person close to the investigation told the San Francisco Chronicle that BART officials are looking into the possibility that the officer thought he was firing a Taser and pulled out his gun by mistake.

Well, there is the defense.

As weak as that defense is, I am gonna bet the farm that it will hold up in court and the officer will go scot free.

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with you. But this is a little bit different than your average case of some cop being able to blatantly lie on the witness stand to keep their career or whatever.. Officers of the law are trained to clearly know the difference between a tazer and a sidearm... And even if this was a situation where the cop thought he was pulling out the tazer, it still doesn't make any sense. the guy was cooperating and literally already face down pretty much.. So...

We apparently have a face down cooperating man who is not holding a weapon and not capable of doing any harm to the officers (The officer who apparently shot him was even holding him down already). What would then be the motive to taze the guy (even if that really was what the officer thought he was doing)? And then an officer of the law who is trained to know the difference between a tazer and a pistol "accidentally" fires a round into this guy's back?? I know it was a little bit chaotic in the video and that perhaps a cop might lose his/her cool but... wow.

-ChriS

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

If 10 % of a group does something and then that thing is "typical" of said group?
Are you out of your mind? Do you know what the word "typical" means?
Stop making yourself look like a fool on the internet...please...I'm embarrassed for you.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Elijio]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Elijio

typical

Adjective
1. being or serving as a representative example of a particular type; characteristic: a typical working day
2. considered to be an example of some undesirable trait: it was typical that he should start talking almost before he was inside the room.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

That still means absolutely nothing mate. You are attempting to excuse yourself now that you have been caught out in your opinions on race, but we see right through you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

The guy was not handcuffed, and was not searched. He was a potentially dangerous threat if he reached for his pockets or resisted arrest.

Just because he was on the ground, and appeared to be detained doesn't mean he wasn't resisting arrest.

Can you see his muscles in the video? Can you feel him fighting back? No, so you don't know if he was resisting or not.

Ive had to hold someone down before. From a distance it would appear that I had full control and he wasn't resisting, but in reality, this guy was using all his muscle strength to get loose. None of his movements were major, so you couldn't tell he was resisting, but he definitely was.

Generally tasers are used to take control of a suspects muscle movement.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Ooops, some how double posted.

Must be server lag when submitting, and double clicking.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

And that is the excuse for shooting him in the back?

I really hope you never get into law enforcement, it's this type of attitude that gets innocent people killed and the perpetrator let off because 'He is the Law, He can do nothing wrong....."

Utter garbage.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
reply to post by Elijio

typical

Adjective
1. being or serving as a representative example of a particular type; characteristic: a typical working day
2. considered to be an example of some undesirable trait: it was typical that he should start talking almost before he was inside the room.

That's more like it, you've still got it my friend. Keep performing for me i'm loving it.

typ·i·cal
(tp-kl)
adj.
1. Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.
2. Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive.
3. Conforming to a type: a composition typical of the baroque period.
4. also typ·ic (-k) Of the nature of, constituting, or serving as a type; emblematic.

That is the context in which you used/meant the word no? Be Honest.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Wow what is your problem??

I said it 3 times now. IT WAS AN ACCIDENTAL SHOOTING!

Grow up you unthankful anarchist.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

My problem is that you have proven yourself to be a racist fool who thinks you can go around insulting other people (in my case calling me a 'kid' repeatedly) and get away with it! Not only get away with it but think it justifies your argument somehow.

A prime example of what I am saying. Another insult.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This guy lives a few blocks away from me he had two jobs and 1 kid.

He was actually trying to get his other friends calm down when one of the officers knocked him down on the ground and opened fire which u can clearly see on the video as the officer is pulling his weapon out while he has full control of Oscar grants.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

You sir are unreal.

I hope the mods don't close this because you've had me in stitches a couple of times.
The people I live with won't be happy if my laughter wakes them up.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Do not judge a user by his/her username.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Elijio]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

My problem is that you have proven yourself to be a racist fool who thinks you can go around insulting other people (in my case calling me a 'kid' repeatedly) and get away with it! Not only get away with it but think it justifies your argument somehow.

Wow, another highly misinformed post.

I'm not racist. I am just stating facts, the reality. It is typical for a black person to be in trouble by the law. I have FACTS that prove it. Ok?

Also, I am not trying to "justify my argument". Actually I don't have an argument, I have an opinion that is based of of reality. IT WAS AN ACCDIENT!

If you seriously think this cop just decided to shoot some guy in the back for no reason, then you are absolutely in another world, and you are crazy. No cop is going to risk his entire hard earned career on some punk kid that is fighting in a train station.....

A prime example of what I am saying. Another insult.

Actually it wasn't an insult. You admitted yourself you hate cops, that means you are slightly "anarchist". You are unthankful, because a cop saves your life EVERY DAY, and you still hate them.

Yes, that is right, a cop saves your life every day whether you know it or not.

Who knows, maybe one of those prisoners in prison was going to kill you in the future, but the cop put him in jail, saving your life.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Wow...just, wow.
It's still going.....amazing.
Give it a rest mate you're not fooling anyone.
My condolences to the family of the deceased. I hope that hate will not cloud their hearts an that they do not become racists because of this. That would only continue the vicious cycle.
Can't we all just get along?
Hey mankind, forget the ten commandments. I see that is too much for you.
Just do this, BE NICE. Come on you can do it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What if I told you I am African American? All your racist comments would be shot then wouldn't it? Thinking I am not African American is racist.

Go away kid, dude, man, slick, sport, (insert random nickname here).

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
That guy has been on the job for two years, I'm sure he practices firing with his side arm in the holster. He knew what he was reaching for, he killed that guy with pure intention to do so. Be it malice or fear, it was intentional. This is very bad on so many levels...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I don't believe you

Oh and please, continue digging the hole you have put yourself into...I will admit it is rather amusing watching you attempt to scramble your way out.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'd like to talk about filming cops. Everyone here knows without the video evidence we probably wouldn't even know about this.

Isn't it illegal in most states to film police on duty "because they have a right to privacy"?

carlosmiller.com...

That means they can take off any video equipment off you with force. Imagine if the cops wanted to take the film off the people who filmed.

"
On Jan. 28, 2000, Anthony Johnson filmed Byron Nelson, then-police chief of Sequim, Wash., as he talked with dispatchers from his patrol car. … After twice telling Johnson that it was illegal to record conversations without consent, Nelson and another officer physically struggled with Johnson, seized the camera and arrested him. Johnson spent three days in jail.
"

Remember the Rodney King video? Those cops did not know they were being filmed, so would that be illegal.

"
Seriously though, he is right, and so are you. Just to add one thing, my impression is that while cases like this one are rare, it’s quite common for police to tell people that they have to stop recording in situations where in fact they have no authority to give such an order. You might remember the tasering incident at (I think) UCLA. If I remember correctly, one of the officers there actually threatened to taser one of the bystanders if he didn’t stop recording.
"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You know what is really funny? This:

Fine, you got me, I hate most police (with the exception of a few decent ones I know).

We know the only reason you are here, and debating about this ACCIDENT.....because you hate cops.

What that means is, what you say has absolutely no merit, because of a conflict of interest. This means you would NOT be able to be a part of the jury for this case.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join