It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Shoots Apparently Helpless Man In The Back (Update: Officer quits to avoid IA questions)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I can't imagine why people here don't understand why these people are protesting AND rioting!

That would be because those are the voices of the government telling you and I to, "Obey US, go home otherwise we will open fire!" The government and the cops are holding us hostage!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

So hundreds of other people now have to suffer because this dumba$$ cop shot someone. The freaking cop is in jail for murder (for now).

Exactly what amount of people being hurt will make up for this in your mind?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Citizens remain calm and stay in your homes. This is not a drill!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I don't advocate any violence on any innocent person.

That being said, a clear message is going to be sent. And I understand exactly why. Like is often repeated in these forums: "Collateral damage is expected when you are waging war."

And make no mistake about it, this is war to these people.

You know, when I joined the military in good conscience and faith way back in 2000 (eight years ago already?) I did so because I thought it was the right thing to do.
When the NTC towers came down, I was ready for revenge. Well, things have taken quite a turn since then. One thing is for certain. Through the thick and thin of things since THAT DAY, I have learned one thing...

THE PEOPLE need to learn their damned role in this experiment (Our Constitution and system of Self-Governance) in order for this to work at all.

What that means, is that people need to understand that when the jack-boots are firmly planted on your throat (quite a literal meaning in this case) you MUST fight them off...

Yes, the cop is in jail for murder. Now is the time to let it be made clear that he needs to remain there, lest there be hell to pay.
I still say that nobody should be injured. If it were me, I would use a bullhorn to notify anyone in the PD to get out, because it is coming down...
Then I would give them 60 seconds to come out before the cocktails went in.

Furthermore, I am insulted that you would put words in my mouth to the effect that I advocate violence against ANYONE other than the perpetrators.

The rioters need to take heed that they don't hurt people in the process.. But, in my view, infrastructure is fair game. Just let people know to get the hell out of dodge first.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

So hundreds of other people now have to suffer because this dumba$$ cop shot someone. The freaking cop is in jail for murder (for now).

Exactly what amount of people being hurt will make up for this in your mind?

Scroll up and read about the Tea Party. The police are paid by the people through taxation. They have become a gang that deals with collections. There is nothing new here and power corrupts as absolute power corrupts absolutely. If this becomes another revolution then so be it. This is just one citizen and there will be more.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha_Magnum

You make an outstanding point! The police are, in fact, a gang dealing in collections!

We already pay their wages with our taxes, but through petty laws forced upon us, they are nothing more than tax collectors. Enforcing BULLSNAP laws, 90% of which are NOTHING MORE than a means to tax people EVEN MORE!

It is sickening, really.

I'll give a perfect case in point: Here in my localle, we just voted down, FOR THE THIRD TIME I'M AWARE OF, a law that would allow the police to pull people over for not wearing their SEATBELTS! First of all, I would think that once is enough for a ballot-initiative that has failed. But no, that isn't good enough, they keep bringing the fecking thing up over and over again.
WHAT CRIME IS COMMITED WHEN YOU DON'T WEAR YOUR SEATBELT?!!!
No crime, that's what. Yet it is just another way for the government to tax me, if it were to pass. These people want more and more for themselves and less for you and I. No wonder we are in such bad shape economically, and have to deal with more and more power grabs from OUR SERVANTS!

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

My feeling is that there is no time like the present.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Like I said earlier, my initial feeling when reading up on this story and watching the video was "Does it start here?"

It may. However, I don't see this playing out as even a regional event. This isn't going to be a revolution. But this, hopefully, will play out into a CLEAR, CONSICE message to TPTB....

ENOUGH!!! GODDAMNIT! ENOUGH!!!!

God Bless America!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Infrastructure is fair game? Ruining peoples livelihood is fair game?

In todays economy lots of those infrastructure victims are probably as close as me to losing thier homes. So yeah go tear up thier stores, burn them, loot them, they don't matter just so long as they arent thier to be hurt physically who cares if they cant pay thier mortgage tomorrow beacuse they can't run thier stores (or whatever) anymore.

What a juvenille attitude.

By all means protest but don't freaking riot. Who the hell does that help?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Well, in simple terms... Yes.

Maybe Barack Obama's infrastructure plan will have a reason to take off, eh?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Rioting helps more than you or I can even put into words, I'm afraid.

It is a pitty, but that is how the game is played. Problem is, people don't realize that anymore.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I really hope that the arrest of the MURDERER doesn't go down as the credit of the riots and the dumb masses who took part in them. That's all we need is people thinking that destroying personal property will help their case. There's better ways to protest and to fight the system then hurting others who had nothing to do with it. Justice will prevail for the parents and the shooter. Rioting will never solve our problems and will only hurt innocent people who are loving parents, tax paying citizens and human beings.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

"By all means protest but don't freaking riot. Who the hell does that help?"

Tell the people trying to peaceably assemble at either the republican or democratic national conventions that protesting helps!

Hard to protest when your "area" of protest is cordoned off NINE blocks away from the event you are protesting!

Candle-light vigils would be spun by the media as people honoring the life of Oscar Grant, not protesting the Gestapo tactics of our ever-growing Police-State Executive Branch.

I'm sorry, I can't sympathize with people against this behavior. I imagine that people are pretty well fed up. I know I am.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Infrastructure is fair game? Ruining peoples livelihood is fair game?

In todays economy lots of those infrastructure victims are probably as close as me to losing thier homes. So yeah go tear up thier stores, burn them, loot them, they don't matter just so long as they arent thier to be hurt physically who cares if they cant pay thier mortgage tomorrow beacuse they can't run thier stores (or whatever) anymore.

What a juvenille attitude.

By all means protest but don't freaking riot. Who the hell does that help?

When you become flustered your spelling becomes problematic for some reason? So now they have your permission to protest but not "freaking riot" well gee thanks. What happens if the agent provocateurs of the police stage a riot and then the police start shooting bean bags, rubber bullets, pepper spray paint balls and then some girl gets killed like the one in Boston. Killed by a paint ball shot in her eye by a cop who was never charged.
Do you remember that? She had nothing to do with any of it but dead none the less. When will you accept the reality that most of us are not much different than slaves. Pay the tax or we will kill you.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Everyone loves the idea of peace on earth...
Myself included. But what a lot of people have a hard time realizing is that if you aren't willing to stand up (and by stand up, I mean make a STAND) against people who are abusing what authority YOU GIVE THEM, you are going to be trampelled asunder.

Don't riot, don't riot... Okay, you guys are absolutely right. These guys shouldn't riot. They should just live to "fight" another day. Right?

No, what the hell am I thinking...

To the poster three spaces above this one talking about how it would be a shame if people thought that the police only arrested this man because of the rioting, YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT IS WHY!

Hell, they have already tried to cover it up! If the video tapes, and subsequent riots, hadn't taken place, this guy would be on paid leave right now seeing a shrink. Nothing more.
And you can take that to the bank.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Actually the post before the first one you quoted from me is thus:

It appears he has now been arrested:

Several well-placed sources are telling KTVU news that a murder warrant was issued for former BART officer Johannes Mehserle and that Mehserle is now in custody.

Bart Police Officer Arrested

Its about time. Hopefully this will keep the demonstrations tomorrow peaceful.

See where I state I hope the demonstrations are peaceful? Wow how unpatriotic of me. I didn't even edit that post so wow it must have really been there the whole time huh?

As for my spelling why is that an issue, is that another childish attempt to insult me?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
People are just going to have to come to the realization that people are PISSED about this.
To each his own, and you may call me a criminal, but I understand totally why the riots are taking place and as I've said twice in this thread now, I would be rioting too, if it had happened in my neck of the woods.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
People are just going to have to come to the realization that people are PISSED about this.
To each his own, and you may call me a criminal, but I understand totally why the riots are taking place and as I've said twice in this thread now, I would be rioting too, if it had happened in my neck of the woods.

Why does anyone but Oscars family have the right to actually get violent over this? Its an excuse nothing more nothing less.

And guess what OSCARS FAMILY IS ASKING FOR NO VIOLENCE what right does anyone have to get violent in Oscars name when his mom asked they don't?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Nice! Tear up the neighborhood, burn businesses and cop cars that had nothing to do with the transit police. Never mind going down to the court house, never mind going to the police station, never mind going to the news stations or hell even going to the murderers house. NO! the riots didn't solve this, the videos did. That's the only thing in your post that is correct. Rioting is ignorants at it's best and when the smoke clears the innocent is hurt, their property destroyed, their lives in fear because of a bunch of idiots who's only rioting because they have an excuse to.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join