It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul update on Gaza conflict

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul speaks about on Gaza conflict as well as other issues such as the dollar, foreign policy, and the leadership of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Gotta love RP. One of the few politicians that make sense on anything happening in this country.

I agree with pretty much everything he said in the video and that includes his stances on Israel/foreign policy.

Oh, and of course...he's always been dead on about our economy and the loss of our rights.

Keep spreading the word about RP.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This guy is the embodiment of what a president should be, but every one wants change instead of truth

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Unfortunately the majority in this country think a different political party running the country is change...when it is not. RP speaks the truth...but would bring about REAL change.

Maybe people just aren't ready or desperate enough yet for this change to happen.

I hope he's still around in 4 years and in good health. I think his chances will be much better next time around. Of course..time will tell.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
He is a politician, don't trust him. He seems so smart and logical why would he say " hey these people have been fighting for hundreds or thousands of years, we can't take sides". Sorry Ron but this planet gets smaller every year, If we choose not to take sides we will be forced to at some point. RP would make a great science fiction or alternative history novelist.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am still so sorry that USA didnt understand value of this guy...

Or maybe they did, but all votes doesnt get counted, at least in NH primary. Who can not remember that mess? Anyway, theres a leader we all can trust, no matter what country we are from.

Go, Ron Go! - My man...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas2k4

Ron Paul has substance and integrity which, unfortunately, don't play well to the mass-media-hypnotized American public unless coupled with charisma, showmanship, and eloquence at the podium and on TV. Intelligence, sensibility, substance, and integrity will never carry the day in this country. Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
every time I see him I am impressed with his honest statements. the truth behind his words is most probably known also for others party leaders but no one will tell you that staraight in the eyes. except Ron.

star and flag

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hannamtong
He is a politician, don't trust him. He seems so smart and logical why would he say " hey these people have been fighting for hundreds or thousands of years, we can't take sides". Sorry Ron but this planet gets smaller every year, If we choose not to take sides we will be forced to at some point. RP would make a great science fiction or alternative history novelist.

Ron Paul respects the US Constitution that makes it clear that "We the People" are to avoid foreign entanglements at all costs. Our Constitution makes it clear that we should not support one or the other. Clearly Israel's military is the product of the USA who have supplied them. Hence no matter what it is American weapons and equipment that will be killing in Gazza.

Ron Paul is correct that unless attacked directly our position should remain one of diplomacy and neutrality. People like you are the reason that the USA is in decline. That area has always been contested but the entire reason the US presence is there is to dominate the resources and build bases and create proxy wars, etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

He is a politician, don't trust him.

Yes, next time you guys should pick someone who isnt a politician.

Oh wait - thats impossible.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why is Ron Paul talking about preemptive war.
I thought this war was about the rockets the palestinians where shooting on Israel.
Or have i missed something?
btw. it's a pitty this guy didn't become the new president of the US.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

He also went on to say...(Concerning the 'Gaza invasion', which was prefaced in the opening statement)

"...there is no benefit for us to be involved in this fight..."

As a politician he is compartmentalizing the Gaza invasion as 'this fight',

as far as his stance...'we can't take sides', on inherent ethnic hatred for one another... he is mixing the Jew-Palestinian & the Irsael-Palestine
issues together...
you can tell, because he says 'they' have been fighting
for 100s or 1,000s of years... untrue on both accounts

pre-british mandate, the sparse populations of indigenous Jews & Palestine Arabs were living without combat or hostilities, i.e. 'at peace'
...of course they weren't hugging one another either,
but a group hardliner Jews (some call zionists) wanted to forceably take over the area called Palestine during the mandate period, that's when conflicts & aggressions & terrorisms first started. And it really popped after the 1948 UN creation of an independent Israel state.

RP is telling his own narrative, which deviates somewhat from the real 'truth'...
i expect some 'ignore' clicks for that unpopular opinion

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's great to hear someone tell it like it is, and be able to speak his mind without being looked at as either a sympathizer or supporter, he doesn't seem to be afraid to speak his mind against Israel i am so glad he sees we have absolutely no business there or should we be complicit in inciting more hatred towards the the United States when we are attempting to rally our allies and fix some of the things the last 8 years have brought on us, actually please do not bring up 911, think of this if we minded our own business and affairs at home and did not get involved behind the scenes in middle east conflict, choosing sides I truly believe that hate would not have come to us at all, look at the other nations that minded their own business in this ages old regional, religous conflict.

If Obama really is any sort of man, he would condemn these actions on both sides also and absolutely not choose any sides.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

Lie #2) Hamas violated the cease-fire. The Israeli bombardment is a response to Palestinian rocket fire and is designed to end such rocket attacks.

Israel never observed the cease-fire to begin with. From the beginning, it announced a “special security zone” within the Gaza Strip and announced that Palestinians who enter this zone will be fired upon. In other words, Israel announced its intention that Israeli soldiers would shoot at farmers and other individuals attempting to reach their own land in direct violation of not only the cease-fire but international law.

Despite shooting incidents, including ones resulting in Palestinians getting injured, Hamas still held to the cease-fire from the time it went into effect on June 19 until Israel effectively ended the truce on November 4 by launching an airstrike into Gaza that killed five and injured several others.

Israel’s violation of the cease-fire predictably resulted in retaliation from militants in Gaza who fired rockets into Israel in response. The increased barrage of rocket fire at the end of December is being used as justification for the continued Israeli bombardment, but is a direct response by militants to the Israeli attacks.

Israel’s actions, including its violation of the cease-fire, predictably resulted in an escalation of rocket attacks against its own population.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

He also went on to say...(Concerning the 'Gaza invasion', which was prefaced in the opening statement)

"...there is no benefit for us to be involved in this fight..."

As a politician he is compartmentalizing the Gaza invasion as 'this fight',

as far as his stance...'we can't take sides', on inherent ethnic hatred for one another... he is mixing the Jew-Palestinian & the Irsael-Palestine
issues together...
you can tell, because he says 'they' have been fighting
for 100s or 1,000s of years... untrue on both accounts

pre-british mandate, the sparse populations of indigenous Jews & Palestine Arabs were living without combat or hostilities, i.e. 'at peace'
...of course they weren't hugging one another either,
but a group hardliner Jews (some call zionists) wanted to forceably take over the area called Palestine during the mandate period, that's when conflicts & aggressions & terrorisms first started. And it really popped after the 1948 UN creation of an independent Israel state.

RP is telling his own narrative, which deviates somewhat from the real 'truth'...
i expect some 'ignore' clicks for that unpopular opinion

I'm not going to ignore you but you are historically and informatively in error. That area has been contested for thousands of years. Ultimately the Arabs were able to take it from the Crusaders and hold it for 600-700 years. If memory serves that area has changed hands over 50 times.

Now in reality everything comes down to resources or the control of those resources and if there was never any oil discovered in Iran, Mesopotamia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc. then the British would never had influence over that area. Since prior to WW1 everything has been about control through proxy if necessary and direct military conflict so that the current powers that be could obtain resources.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
It's great to hear someone tell it like it is, and be able to speak his mind without being looked at as either a sympathizer or supporter, he doesn't seem to be afraid to speak his mind against Israel i am so glad he sees we have absolutely no business there or should we be complicit in inciting more hatred towards the the United States when we are attempting to rally our allies and fix some of the things the last 8 years have brought on us, actually please do not bring up 911, think of this if we minded our own business and affairs at home and did not get involved behind the scenes in middle east conflict, choosing sides I truly believe that hate would not have come to us at all, look at the other nations that minded their own business in this ages old regional, religous conflict.

If Obama really is any sort of man, he would condemn these actions on both sides also and absolutely not choose any sides.

Since the USA supplies both Israel's military and economy with weapons and funds Israel amounts to a "Proxy Government" of the USA. Since this is the case how will Obama be able to condemn anything since we are in it up to our eyes? Israel is a NUCLEAR POWER thanks to WHO? US the USA!

Ron Paul would invoke the US Constitution in foreign dealings that directs us to stay out of foreign entanglements. In essence we decided to support the Israelis who were a creation of the British who we are and have also been entangled with. How would Israel be able to drop DU smart bombs on Gazza if the USA didn't give them the weapons to begin with??

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's nice to get an update on Ron Paul every once in a while....just to know he is still alive. He is older than John McCain you know.

On one hand you have the Israelies who got tired of indiscriment bombing of their people, and on the other, you have a terrorist government who has no regard for their own people. But it would be wrong to take sides?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I do believe that many secrets that the U.S. had in regards to Nuclear and also advanced warfighting designs and weaponry were stolen from the U.S. and U.S. TAXPAYERS which if really put out there would enrage many citizens, this was carried out by Israeli spies in the Pentagon, Israeli spies in the U.S. military and the government which took place over a number of years and decades, Spies that took those secrets away to the Israelis that they decide to use against their own neighbors and enemies.

It would be great if they who were being supplied some weapons legally from us had amassed all of their weaponry in good faith and on their own technological abilities instead of stealing them from the United States, I understand that a great many things were also purchased though but the top secrets were all out theft and in some instances purposely leaked by traitors, it doesn't matter if that country is considered an ally or friend, top secrets are kept for our own national security, not to be given to anyone or any country, nor aggregiously and irresponsibly exploited after the all out theft and deceitful acquisition of those top secrets.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A narrow focus on the current events would cause one to think that this is about Israelies vs Arabs and that once the shooting and bombing stops, all will be forgiven and a way to a peaceful solution will be found.

A wider view would reveal that this is just another step in provoking a regional war that will quickly become a global war. There really is no meaningful "peace" process; it is all reminiscent of the diplomatic posturing that occurred prior to WW I & WW II.

Iran did not jump at the bait when Israel invaded Lebanon or attacked Syrian military installations even though it is suspected that a mutual defense pact exists. Once Iran is brought into an open conflict with any of our Allies, we will have our excuse to make a military move against Iran. The cork will be out of the bottle at that point and the genies of war and destruction will be turned loose on the world.

Regarding the issue of who has something to gain by a global war: perhaps it is not a plan concocted by humans. There might be an alien race who, working far behind the scenes and in ways not known to the human psychological process, is able to manipulate events for their grand scheme which would, once again, bring the survivors under their domination.

Excuse me for going from rational & logical to irrational but these times are difficult to explain in ordinary, simplistic terms. Humans are behaving so irrationally; there might be an irrational cause.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas2k4

I supported Ron Paul and still do. But he is dead wrong about his wording and his point on Israel. Listen to what he says again and see if you don't agree. He said Israel is doing a preemptive war to stop something from happening in the future, which is kinda true. The Israelis are stopping the Hamas from dong what the want to do in the future BUT, they are stopping what they have done in the past HAMAS ROCKETS. This Ron Paul is obviously not watching or paying attention and Don't fret about 200,000 people are contacting Rn Paul's site as we speak letting him know that daily rocket attacks for years is not PREEMPTIVE strikes to stop...

So I am sure you won't see Ron Paul making this same mistake again...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join