It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mokele-mbembe video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am looking for a video suposedly of Mokele-Mebembe. I have never seen this video, but the discriptions about it are on this site:

www.cryptomundo.com...

(scroll down on the page and see one of the last posts).

Anybody who has the vid? I'd really like to see it. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
LOL been some time since I posted this. Anybody knows about the video? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Wow! I would love to see this clip. It sounds amazing. The only mokele Mbemba video I've ever seen was one taken from a plane which showed a large animal crossing a lake. Sceptics said it was either a large crocodile!!! or a man standing up in the rear of a long canoe like boat.
We should try to organise an ATS vid hunt and see if we can find it?

However, a note of caution. There are scores of people who say they saw a photograph of a thunderbird nailed up to a barn door with a line of men standing in front of it to give it scale. That picture has never been found although all describe the same picture. There's also supposedly a grainy video of Nessie trapped in the River Ness near a loch gate! People claim to have seen it but no such film has ever surfaced! Maybe this video is destined to go the same way. . .

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by morbidity

The video supposedly showing Mokele Mbembe is almost just as legendary as the creature itself. Everyone has heard about the video - some claim to have seen it - but no one can produce a copy of it.

According to the sources the video is from a 1988 (some source say 1987 others 1992) Japanese expedition. The video supposedly also made it to the TV show "That's incredible". And further investigation will suggest that it was episode 26. (See comment #29)

You'll even find a reference on Wikipedia about the expedition and the video:

1988 Japanese expedition
In 1988 a Japanese expedition went to the area,[15] led by the Congolese wildlife official Jose Bourges. Members of a Japanese film crew allegedly captured the first evidence of Mokele-mbembe.[16] As they were filming aerial footage from a small plane over the area of Lake Tele, intending to obtain some shots for a documentary, the cameraman noticed a disturbance in the water. He struggled to maintain focus on the object, which was creating a noticeable wake. About 15 seconds of footage was captured, which skeptics have identified as either two men in a canoe or swimming elephants.

Source

That in turn refers to this page: Here which is all Greek to me. (
)

That's the long story. The short story? This is supposedly a screen cap from the video:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e70455394aea.jpg[/atsimg]

As usual it could be anything.

If anyone can show us the video – I promise at least a star and a flag…

Edit: Additional Info

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Gemwolf, although I've never seen any mokele videos, I think you mention the japanese video. As far as I know the one that's discussed on cryptomundo showed a close up of the creature, unlike the japanese one, which showed only something large swiming. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mintwithahole. I hope that video isn't destened as those others (although I hope that they are found as well).

P.S. If anyone knows where we can find that "That's Incredible" mokele video, please tell us, as well for the japanese one. If I am not wrong those are two different videos.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I found the opening of the show here: www.youtube.com...

It's the second clip in there.

Found it thanks to the guys over at Cryptomundo. Check out the comments section, looks like you're not the only one searching: www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I've seen that video but sorry, no idea where. The reason I'm writing is that it was probably linked on ATS as it's pretty much the only para type place I go.

It definitely looked like something big and alive swimming across a lake but too far away to tell what. I thought the elephant explanation pretty likely.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Strange. The only Mokele Mbembe I'm aware of is the Japanese one... I guess some more digging is in order then.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wow, seems like we have an ATS investigation going on! I will also search and post what I find/if I find anything.

tO

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ok...I've got a question
...the japanese film is the same as the one on "Thats incredible" or not? As far as I know the japanese one showed something swiming, but it was blurry so it could have been anything, unlike the video we're discussing, which shows something that it looks more clearly like a dinosaur. Anyone who saw at least one of the vids please answer this. And btw if we can't find it on youtube or anywhere on the net, maybe someone who has a copy of the video can upload it please? Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Found these links

members.lycos.co.uk/lijudkn/story709.html
blocked

www.trueauthority.com...
Gives a history of all sightings etc but no video

www.angelfire.com...
References the japanese video but not showing - have emailed the guy who posted to see if he still has a copy.

www.cnn.com...
this link was referenced on another thread but links to video no longer seems to work

loads of stuff out there but most links seem to have expired.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmm...After all the searching on the net, so far as I know noone has found any mokele video. I think we should still search for it, but my guess is that our best chance to see it is if someone uploads the video if he/she has a copy of the episode. All you can find of that's incredible are some episodes that I'm not sure if they are full, less the entire show! Why is it so?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've been looking for "That's Incredible" but I don't think they've released DVDs. I can't find anything on Amazon, Ebay, or through Google.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the efforts all, keep searching, we may get lucky!

BTW I've sent two messages to robatsea2008 and bobtwcatlanta on youtube if they have the video and if they can upload it (since I saw they have uploaded something from thats incredible and some old shows). Waiting for replies.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I saw a programme, on Discovery Channel,. a long time ago about this subject. The Theory was, that originally, large areas of the Congo rainforest were Savanna, in drier epochs. The local tribesman had retained a trace memory of their encounters with a now extinct Congolesse Rhino. The present day tribesman had never seen photos of the White Rhino. When they were shown photos of the white rhino , they instantly regognized the mystical beast of mokelee. .

Just recently it was discovered that there are rainforest elephants in the congo. Western science had not previously known of their existence . It is possible that some rare form of rhino might have adapted to jungle life - like the Summatran Rhino and is now responsible for the sightings. However, it would be unlikely that they could swim which would rule out that particular video featured at the beginning of the thread.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Circle]

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Circle]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If a video did or does exist would it be wise for it to come to light?

I know it's a very interesting event supposedly, I have heard the stories of the video being irrefutable, not that it would mean anything on here.

What I am saying is, perhaps the video was removed because the realisation of what would happen if it was proven beyond doubt to be real, someone would want to go and either own it, or hunt it, and that should never be allowed to happen, same with Nessie and any other mythological creatures, or creatures that where thought to be extinct.

Example COELACANTH thought to be extinct for up to 90 Million years , until 1938, when was was caught in a fisherman's net, fantastic, until you realise it is really for real almost extinct for real, because of Scientific interest, and collectors, it has been some time since they have been seen, unless I missed a report.

I want my kids to see them like this.

It should not be like this.

However that shows we have this habit of destroying even the most rarest of creatures, be it through the need for knowledge or greed, what would make Mokele Mbembe any different? surely it would be better off left alone and forgotten, and perhaps that is why the video disappeared without trace.

Just an opinion

[edit on 31/7/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
azzllin you make a good point. Sadly humans are the most evil species on the planet
But the video aired, many have seen it, so by watching it I don't think any harm would be done. It would be unfortunate for the creature (if real), to be found by "scientists" who would "reasearch" it, but actually paid by some crazy billionair, who cares for nothing but his pocket

And therefore, it becomes history

BTW I got replies from robatsea2008 and bobtwcatlanta, and they don't have the video
Maybe should try someone else?

[edit on 31-7-2009 by morbidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
arg! what a truly frustrating mystery! i'm quite fond of the mokele-mbembe, mostly because it seems so probable. i would love to see either of these legendary videos

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Wow! I would love to see this clip. It sounds amazing. The only mokele Mbemba video I've ever seen was one taken from a plane which showed a large animal crossing a lake. Sceptics said it was either a large crocodile!!! or a man standing up in the rear of a long canoe like boat.
We should try to organise an ATS vid hunt and see if we can find it?

However, a note of caution. There are scores of people who say they saw a photograph of a thunderbird nailed up to a barn door with a line of men standing in front of it to give it scale. That picture has never been found although all describe the same picture. There's also supposedly a grainy video of Nessie trapped in the River Ness near a loch gate! People claim to have seen it but no such film has ever surfaced! Maybe this video is destined to go the same way. . .

What about this picture?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Oreyeon, that thinderbird photo is proven fake. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways thanks for the search, we might even find the true lost thunderbird photo someday

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join