It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mokele-mbembe video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thanks DrJay1975! Since I'm not in America I can't watch it

TO ALL WHO ARE IN THE US, PLEASE IF YOU CAN SAVE THE VIDEO AND UPLOAD IT, DO SO, IT WILL BE MUCH APPRICIATED. THANK YOU.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This thread got down again...any news on the video?

second line

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well, well: look what I found on Google:

Some hoaxes come in the form of motion picture film. I remember an episode of the That’s Incredible! television show, which showed footage supposedly taken of Mokele-mbembe by an expedition team in the 1980s. What the film showed was a swamp heavily shrouded in fog, while in the distance the silhouette of a long neck and small, cylindrical head rose up from the water, remained still for a few beats, and then dropped back below the surface. Not bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. In the years since I heard several stories of how the film was faked, but the one which stuck with me was told to me by my former boss at the Natural History Museum in Los Angeles. He had been in that part of Africa at the time collecting specimens for the museum. He had spoken to somebody involved in the hoax who told him that they simply found a tree branch of desirable length with a smaller stump angling to the side, just like a sauropod head and neck. They hired a local boy to raise and lower it on their cue and the rest is history. Once again, whatever the case really was, the evidence clearly indicates yet another hoax.

Link:
believeittour.com...

[edit on 30-5-2010 by erik kristopher myers]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
For some reason, my original post was deleted; but to sum it up, I too saw this video back in 1981, and I have been obsessed with finding it ever since.

erik kristopher myers
Writer/Director -- ROULETTE (2010) (2010)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
thanks for the info erik! much appriciated. well although it may well be a hoax, I think it's worth to find and see the video anyways. so any news on tracking the video?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hey guys i have the video had it saved for a while, here you go and enjoy

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

no, they don't want that one by the japanese...I'm wondering if these witnesses might have actually been experiencing some sort of psychic time anomaly

maybe there are spots where this happens

[edit on 31-5-2010 by reject]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

I tried my best
dont hack me up Mr Jong Il

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That sure looks like an elephant to me. Remember there would have to be dozens and dozens of these things to have any chance of a breeding population. Same goes with Nessie, I keep seeing it called a "reptile" yet never any talk about how it would have to surface to breath. I really really want some of these creatures to exists but at some point we have to use some common sense.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Everton

ya sorry about that, i found a BBC documentary it was in cut it out and posted that on youtube. If you went back on page you wouldve of seen my link.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi people, I was just looking through this thread and thought I'd have a look myself. I searched Mokele-mbembe on wikipedia and near the bottom of the timeline there's a link to this picture -

Hope I embedded that right lol, it's my first ever attempt

Anyways, thought you might find it interesting.

Looks to me like an elephant's trunk to be honest.

EDIT: It didn't do what I wanted it too, hope the link works out for you

[edit on 9-8-2010 by kai22]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
thanks for your effort kai22! the picture you've posted is very blurry, and in my opinion it could be anything. i suggest some picture experts take a look at it (if it hasn't been debunked already). thanks again, keep looking

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by morbidity

Yeah I thought it was kinda low quality, but hadn't seen it on here so thought I'd put it forward.

Will have to pick up the search later, the missus will be home soon and I've spent all morning on here and done f all housework haha

Guess you can figure out who 'tptb' are around here....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I cant believe this thread is still going.......quality
i had just about given up on the footage
its nice to see people still looking
the japanese footage definatley does look like an eleph

for fu*ksake ATS will you sort out these posting issues

[edit on 10-8-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

link   
post went crazy
dont know why????

link   
I cant believe this thread is still going.......quality
i had just about given up on the footage
its nice to see people still looking
the japanese footage definatley does look like an elephanted
do we know what the name of the lake the "elephant" was film at?
we could do a search then and check the records for depths of the lake.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i say the pic that kai22 posted (good job for finding it
) is a hoax. but thats just my opinion, prove me wrong

GezinhoKiko: yeah i think its actually great to see it still around. i think its worth finding the video, even at the cost of it being proven fake
i just don't understand where could the video disapear. is it just me, or someone else too thinks this is similar to the lost thunderbird pic case?

EDIT: did anyone watched "thats incredible" show that was reaired on a channel in the US?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by morbidity]

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by erik kristopher myers

Okay, I did some more digging. This vide has been an obsession f mine since the original show was broadcast, and it led to a life-long obsession with cryptozoology, the Loch Ness phenomenon in particular.

I discovered the episode's opening, and my blood went cold -- it was exactly as I recalled it:

www.youtube.com...

(Starts at 1:36)

And yes, I already emailed the YouTube account holder, who replied:

bobtwcatlanta has sent you a message:

Re: That's Incredible!!!!
To:fourfingeredfilms

Sorry, I just saved the open.

Bob

Tis is frustrating, but at least confirms the existence of the episode outside of group recollection.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great job erik! Too bad he hasn't got the whole footage
. I even emailed Bill Gibons about the video, but nothing so far (he ain't got it). Keep looking, I'm sure the video is out there!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Let me say first I don't have any leads on the missing video or photographs.. Just wanted to add my .02 from a totally different and unrelated experience. Oh, and I remember seeing the Japanese clip when it aired and even then thinking, "Geez, that's just an elephant."

Anyway...

Back when the Lion King released in theatres in 1994, I was there with a friend of mine to see it. It's one of my fondest memories, and it also kind of relates to the subject of Lost Evidence. During one of the scenes, Simba flops down and the seeds of flowers fly into the air. They spell out the word "SFX" or "SEX" depending on what you believe. My friend and I saw it and turned to look at each other in shock. Nobody else in the theatre seemed to react. For literally YEARS afterwards absolutely NOBODY would believe me when I told them about it, because the VHS's didn't have it. At some point I finally forgot about it and gave up.

Years later, you can find the original scene on YouTube clearly showing it, and you know what the real irony is? There are STILL people that say it was never in the original movie. I can assure you right now that it was very real and I was only 14 or 15 at the time, so no drugs alcohol or anything else clouding my vision.

My point is, I believe that evidence does indeed disappear for whatever reason. In the case of the Lion King, I think it was simply the SFX team trying to leave their mark and almost causing a scandal and trying to cover their tracks.

Another classic example: When I first saw Groundhog Day (1993) starring Bill Murray, there was a scene where he wakes up, and picks up a gun and shoots himself instantly. It was so jarring yet strangely morbidly hilarious. I remember that scene so well that when I watched it with my girlfriend who had never seen it, I specifically warned her about it being kind of graphic since she doesn't like to watch scenes like that. I was stunned when the scene never came up. We had the 15th Anniversary Edition which included deleted scenes and extras, but nowhere was that scene to be found. My inquiries online came back with people not remembering that scene. I have been unable to find any reference to it or anyone who could confirm seeing it. One of the big reasons I know I saw that scene is I remember wondering where the gun came from since each time he woke up in exactly the same day in the same way, so how did he get a gun as soon as he woke up? Yet, the scene is gone.

So yes, I firmly believe things disappear, but if you look hard enough you might get lucky enough to turn something up. (By the way, if you have seen that scene or know anything about it... I'd REALLY appreciate it. lol... sigh.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join