It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSME Introduction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

I did book reports on cryptozoology when I was younger, too! I loved Nessie the most. I still do, deep inside.

I agree with you that most cryptids are probably aquatic, especially marine. It seems every single time a record-breaking depth is reached, a new species is found! Imagine what else could be down there...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Congrats to you Raven hun.

This part of the forum has got to be one of the best on here. I mean you see everything from Mothman to sightings of the Big Cats being posted. I'm more of the Mothman type since I am from West Virginia. That and people have been reporting sightings of Bigfoot here for years.

By the way.....

Welcome to the madhouse called the Crypto Forum.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Did I ever tell you I saw a Bigfoot once? Saw it with my own eyes. Those suckers are real!

Congrats Raven, You are going to be such an asset to this forum.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Great news Ravenshadow,
Congratulation on the FSME

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Gimme- Thanks, babe ^_^ I still say maybe you should go ahead and do a mothman thread, maybe with Deaf Alien, if he'd want to? Local things are much more exciting when the people writing about them are from the area!

mrwupy- Believe it or not I knew, but you never told me. I'm in the process of working on something and I came across you talking about it in someone else's thread back in the old days. '05 or '06... Thank you, mrwupy. I hold you in very high regard... you've posted some amazing things in this forum, yourself. Not only personal experiences, but general information. I didn't know all that until recently when I was combing through. But your opinion matters a lot to me.

antar- Thank you!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Did I ever tell you I saw a Bigfoot once? Saw it with my own eyes. Those suckers are real!

It's called a unibrow and I took care of it.

Congrats raven, well deserved.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Aww hahaha! I don't think I've ever seen a 6'x" unibrow, but I don't doubt you. Never kill the beast, though! Always try to observe it and gather data... you could have been famous!

Thank you, schrodingers dog. =)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Congratulations Ravenshadow13!

Just to say that your topic on Frogs and the problems they face is very interesting- It maybe a small issue to some compared to other subjects like things like Bigfoot and Big Cats discussed here, but I think it's a major issue that needs to be addressed, so thanks for creating the topic about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hey ravenshadow, I'd like to ask you if you know of a video that was shown on Thats incredible TV show supposedly showing mokele mbembe. I have never seen this video, but since I heard about it, I got interested. Asked for it on other boards, searched the net for it-so far nothing. So if you or anyone else knows where to find it, or if its real or fake, please tell us thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by morbidity

Edit:
To avoid hijacking this thread, I posted a response in a thread asking the same question, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
reply to post by morbidity

Edit:
To avoid hijacking this thread, I posted a response in a thread asking the same question, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Gemwolf]

Oops, sorry didn't see those replies. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You live in the Cayman Islands? Are you kidding me?! Anywhere with reefs and things like that has tons of species we don't know about yet!!!! Why do you think I'm getting my SCUBA certification?!

Yep. I don't scuba, but I do freedive down to 60 feet or so. some of the most amazing (and WEIRD!) things I've seen have been at night. Once, while torching for lobsters at night, a manta ray passed between my buddy and myself. I could've sworn at the time that it had a 50-foot wingspan
I'm sure it was a normal sized manta, just startled the crapola out of us both. We were in 20 feet of water.

Another time, also at night, we ran into a "swarm" of what were [later] identifed as blood worms. ewg. They vaporized when touched, and all I knew was that I didn't want to be around them. Later that same night, something started to "orbit" my divelight. It was fascinating.... something about 3-5 mm and moving very fast in an eliptical pattern around the light. More kept coming and pretty soon my hand looked light a Bohr model of.... uranium. Freaky. Our local dive people said they were shrimp of some kind.

Don't even get me started on the first time I saw a sea cucumber.

I once saw a conger eel from about a foot away when I was trying to work myself between a shelf and a coral head. I do believe I walked on water that night. "Oh, they respirate with their mouths open, they're no danger." Okeydokeyfine.

creatures evolved in the sea all have their own defenses, and only a few use the schooling defense. Nearly everything else bites, or jabs or pokes or poisons. I am a pro with the sea ray shuffle, should you ever need lessons.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Regenstrum- Thank you!! I'm glad that you enjoyed the thread. The amphibian decline is certainly a mysterious and important issue.

morbidity- I saw your other thread. I will respond to you there if I find something

argentus- Freediving is amazing! I find it so difficult, I've only gone down to about 12 feet doing it, and I was freaking out from the pressure!! Everything that you've seen sounds so awesome. If I ever feel like a vacation down there I'll let you know! I've seen all those things before, but in enclosed environments like labs and aquariums. I'd love to see them in the wild.

I'm not kidding. I may just pop by for a visit.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well I can't find it now, but some post on here alerted me to a "Spooklight" thread. And what do you know, it is all about my Hometown!! How exciting! Thanks Raven!

I posted a response in the other thread and it could use a bump. No activity since June; I don't know how I missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=475088

This is an interesting forum that I haven't spent enough time in.

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, I will not necessarily post often on this forum area, but welcome as F.S.M.E. nonetheless.

I have yet to have posted on mythological creatures here on ATS yet.

I know a massive amount of mythoglocial creatures, I just tend to stick to conspiracies.

I'm more interested in crytoanalysis, than cryptozoology.

Loch Ness, is a submarine hiding in the Scottish Loch, and Bigfoot and the Yeti are civilians the government got to go out and act like the boogeyman, in my humble opinion.

Oh, and "reptilians" everyone talks about?

That's your "reptilian brain", the part of all humans, that thinks about sex, violence, and acting without inhibitions.

Somewhere along the way, it got skewed into this "reptilian" nonesense.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
getready- That's awesome that you live there! Usually threads on local things will wax and wane, but if a new member joins who lives in the area and finds the thread it will likely become popular again. I'm glad you think the forum is interesting, we're glad to have you here!!

Spartan- Thank you! Your opinions are very interesting, I look forward to seeing you post them in some threads here, and to see you comment on other cryptids as well =)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I struggled with freediving until a buddy showed me the secret. It's all mindset and clearing of ears. You know how to balance the pressure by holding your nose and "pushing", right? So you do that before you dive, then again as you feel the pressure, say at six feet and so on. Mindset. I used to use up all my oxygen just getting down a few feet. I learned to calm myself, and go down slowly with efficient moves. Yes, I use fins and mask/snorkle. On the way back up, you get back some of that air, and I always let it out slowly coming back up. I've been to 80 feet, but that was too close to a bad zone for me, so I stay in the 40-60 zone. My Bride can get to 35-40 feet and she says that it's mostly (for her) in an efficient flipturn when diving down.

You probably don't have much body fat. I have about 20 pounds and as a result, I pop up like a cork
Add to that an easy dolphin kick and I get to the surface pretty easily.

Hey, feel free to let me know if you come down here. There are excellent dive sites, abundance of sea life, and very clear visibility.

I think I've seen something strange or wonderful every time I've gone out at night. I remember once being eyeball-to-eyeball with a small group of squid. With a light lighting up the area but not directly upon them, they have like a multi-colored movie matinee lights running around their bodies. I made very slow and nonthreatening movements and one of them drifted toward my mask and we were literally inches apart, checking each other out. I think they must be very intelligent.

Octopi here change colors depending upon their "mood"....... I've seen them suddenly turn a reddish hue -- what I suspect is alarm, and I've seen them a turquoise/magenta color that is just beautiful.

I go out at night (in season) for food. Much of the time I come home empty-handed because of some critter or another I was fascinated with. I won't take female lobsters. The first one I struck 15 years ago was a female that was full of roe, and I just hated that that represented so many killed lobsters, so I figured out how to tell the gender looking down one them (carpace ratio to tail is more marked with males). Female lobsters are more tender and tasty, however -- as with much of nature -- there are always plenty of males to go around.

You'd love the sea life here. Hurricanes are our only threat, currently.

cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Yeah! In SCUBA we call the pressure balancing 'equalizing' and we do it every few feet when we dive. We learned how to hyperventilate before free diving to trick the brain, and about getting some air back when you come back up. I'd be nervous to really try it, though. We had to do some of it going up in SCUBA in case we run out of air, but I've only done it from 12 feet so far.

It sounds like an awesome place, I'd loooove to go visit!

Those squid sound so awesome, I'd love to see them.

I love octopi so much! They're very very very intelligent. It makes me sad that invertebrates have barely any rights...

Maybe I'll see about doing a term down there... I was thinking about Costa Rica, Madagascar, New Zealand, and The Galapagos... I have a few terms before I have to decide.

I'd love to live in a place like the Cayman Islands permanently, though, after schooling and stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Welcome as fsme of the crypto forum ravenshadow. As Gemwolf can testify to, this is one of our favorite forums. I am very happy that you decided to accept the challenge of being the fsme of this forum. If you need anything in regards to this forum, please do not hesitate to ask Gemwolf or myself for help. You will get it right away. I love this forum. I read alot here, I post once in a while. So again, welcome aboard.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

Thank you so much, William. Coming from you this really means a lot.

I love this forum, too, and you've really helped it become what it is today. If you ever, ever can correct me on something, add something, comment on something, please do!

You're my favorite.

Don't tell anyone.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join