It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Key West...New Years Eve Missile Launch ??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am an inveterate sceptic but that is the most interesting video I've ever been referred to from this site.

As for the explanation from the newspaper that it is an unusual contrail. Well frankly, bollocks. Contrails do not form or behave that way. They simply don't.

One anomaly: To my eye it appeared the source of the contrail was getting smaller, that is going away from the observer. Yet the explanation for the source of the contrail appearing to rise up from the ground was the curvature of the earth, that is the object must have been travelling toward the observer.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The video shows an aircraft.

At 2:20 into the video, as the camera zooms in, you can see there are 2 clearly defined contrails from this twin-engine aircraft.

The reason the contrail appears to be coming from the horizon, is there are no other obstacles (buildings, trees, or other structures) to compare it's origin. It appears wider at the horizon due to an optical illusion. Don't believe me? How many of us have seen the full moon rise, and appear much larger than it is?

The atmosphere plays tricks on us. Mirages, green-flash, and this video are all examples of this.

Another thing to consider - Near the end of the video, the "rocket" (the aircraft) levels off as it passes over the camera.

Finally, look at the direction of travel. It's moving from the left of the sun toward the camera man. The only landmass it could have come from in that area is Cuba. If the Cubans launched a missile at the U.S.A. - I wouldn't be writing this.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's a rocket-lifted drone. those can fly even higher than airline planes. probably from a naval ship or other kind of installation.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Missle,rocket, or an airplane really doesnt matter. It is still a very gripping view. I am not an expert, I was in the Air Force however, and if it was indeed a plane, that was the strangest turn I have ever seen an aircraft take. (but maybe it had to turn that way to avoid a restricted airspace)Again as it has been stated before the atmosphere can play tricks on the eye, and sometimes what appears to be going up is indeed just traveling a straight line. Again what ever it was made for a great visual show!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

it's an alien spacecraft ! not an airplane

commander zion of the first federation has contacted me and told me !

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

There are several keys west of Key West, notably Marquesas Keys and Dry Tortugas. Could the launch have come from them?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
What we need is to have Zorgon or JPM come in this thread and take a peek, alyosha might be a good one for an analogy as well.

Okay if you insist... I is here...

Awesome video
Nice capture of a sunset plane contrail

Yeah I know... not what you wanted to hear... but hey missiles don't stop firing or they fall. And I see no stage separation to account for the missing contrail

Too many of these Missile threads. I think America is doomed. When we can't tell a simple plane contrail from a missile smoke trail without page after page of debate, how will we ever find truth in UFO pictures?

Okay bye bye now...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
not entirely ruling out the possibility of it being a jet coming towards the camera

Whew... you had me worried there for a bit... I thought maybe you picked up the virus too

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
We do not have any technology to allow us to go from H2O to atmosphere other than a Ocean launched Missile, so I guess it could not be what "You" think it is.

How do you figure it is coming out of the water?
It is merely coming over the horizon and looks wider at the horizon the same reason the moon looks bigger at the horizon. And going 'up' is an illusion when it is coming towards the viewer. Not sure why so many have problems with that

I have never personally watched a "Missile Launch" or been witness to a "Rocket Launch" as well, but I have watched aircraft all of my life. It does not seem to follow traditional Contrail, flight path, ascension, etc. of any aircraft that I have witnessed thus far in my 40+ years of life. it does however follow a "Probable" Ocean Launched Missile though, and you are probably right with your assumption of this object being 100+ Miles away during the event, but you can clearly see that the ascension and the trajectory is going away to the up and right of the video, even the videographer on the vid was talking to his father as too which way it was heading, first it was towards Cuba, then the correction from the son was towards Mexico,South America in direction.

Well I would suggest you take a minute to watch some excellent missile launches available on you tube
We call them ballistic missiles because missiles follow a ballistic trajectory. There is no ballistic trajectory in that contrail. There are however gaps in the contrail... so if it was a missile that would mean engine failure and it would drop. The only exception to that is when it has a stage separation... at which point you will see a very bright flash as the second stage ignites. I see none of that in that video

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by easynow
not entirely ruling out the possibility of it being a jet coming towards the camera

Whew... you had me worried there for a bit... I thought maybe you picked up the virus too

Ewww ...missile disease !

i gave up on the missile idea not long after the boogyman showed up at my door

edit on 14-11-2010 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
almost two years ago?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
almost two years ago?

Yup its an on going disease

But it gets worse... but this time it really was a missile

Missile lights up western sky, police switchboards
Friday, Sept. 20, 2002

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile on an experimental flight lit up the Las Vegas Valley's western sky Thursday night. Concerned Las Vegas residents lit up the Metro Police switchboard with calls of a strange light in the sky as a white cone-shaped cloud formed over the Spring Mountains. The contrail zig-zagged over the horizon and mixed with the fading light to create an eerie glow. The spectacle was seen throughout California and even as far as Phoenix. The three-stage, solid-fuel missile is part of the Air Force's Force Development Evaluation Program. The Air Force termed the missile mission a success. The missile blasted out of an underground silo at Vandenberg Air Force Base north of Santa Barbara, Calif., about 7:30 p.m., an Air Force statement said.

BTW Vandenberg is 422 miles from me... but every time sunset launches occur the weird high altitude missile launches get the media all riled up

THIS is what a missile launch in California at sunset looks like looks

www.freqofnature.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join