It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Key West...New Years Eve Missile Launch ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

great find Ziggystar60 !

that's an amazing ship

i looked at the homepage but didn't see any indication of a launch near Florida.

i will speculate that the Miltary probably has some type of Ship also to launch Military satellites so that could be another possibility ?

also there are many military ships that have missiles launching capabilities and this could have been a secret test or a show of power to the Russian destroyer that is in Cuba.

thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Little One

thanks Little One for the picture

i have been to the keys a couple times and it is very beautiful there and the sky is usually breathtaking from what i have seen.

don't feel bad about not knowing about this because i live in Florida also and i didn't know about it either until i seen the story on Coast to Coast.

i am sure if this was a secret military operation or just a plane we wouldn't have heard about it on the five o'clock news anyways

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

OK. Here we go.

Notice the symmetrical "object" above it. Sorry about the uninspiring pallete. I'm sure somebody else can do better than me here. Like I said, posterize filter at level 10...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

That really does mean a lot to me. I am beating myself up pretty badly. I pride myself on being 'in the know' so when something this big goes on and I dont catch it - I kick myself way too hard.

A lot of it is probably because my career requires being in the right place at the right time and this shows me Im only human and sometimes fail in that. Ouch. Hard to swallow!

Heck - from Homestead to the tip of the Keys is only about 120 miles - small neck of the woods around here once you pass diami opps Miami hehe. Its a blow to know these things happen so close to home - unnoticed. Thanks for your kind words as I feel foolish and betrayed - yet again - by all the things that go on which we remain oblivious too.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Miami ? no i doubt that very much. it would not make sense for a plane to be that far south of Miami and make a left turn for an approach to that airport.

Actually inbound IFR flights to MIA from the SW would follow exactly that flight path, making a turn to the northeast near Key West.
CURSO ONE

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

hey nice find Phage and i guess i stand corrected on the flight path. i really didn't think they would divert that far away like that..interesting

we still don't know what it was though, perhaps we could somehow find a corresponding flight schedule and match it up to the event in question ?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hello again easynow,

Seems as if the "Missile Launch" theory could be plausible of this sighting explanation, and for Phages analogies of this being an oncoming flight path of a traditional aircraft, well, I really don't see that with the contrail coming from the horizon as big as it is and tapering off to a distance in a irrational flight path. But, I respect Phage and his input, people have been wrong before, not excluding myself !! "Howdy Phage!!"

I was wondering if there were any types of sightings in or around Florida that had been reported to any UFO websites, ran across one that was in southern Florida that kind of gives a strange bu accurate description of what you had initially opened this thread with,

Case Number: 14726
Log Number: US-01042009-0003
Submitted Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 05:40:08 UTC
Event Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 17:30:00 UTC
City: Hialeah
Region: Florida
Longitude: -80.31050109863281
Latitude: 25.875999450683593
Shape: Disc
Distance: Unknown
Entity Type: None

Description:
I was driving in 26 W Okeechobee Rd, Hialeah, FL, United States south in the front passenger sit to Miami Beach for a work related issue, I was looking an airplane when I saw a cloud in the far south change from white to yellow and back to white... It look interesting so I stay looking when out of no where I started to noticing something, at first I though it was a bird... but it was coming toward my direction, as it get closer I did not notice any winds or anything related to a bird, second though in my mind was a balloon but then balloon do not stay in the same position and moving north, to my knowledge they keep going up and up but this was definitively not going up but north in the same altitude... when it was getting closer it look like a circle metallic object, the bottom part was dark so as the sun was hitting the top side... as i keep looking at the object it looks like it was hovering really low.. i was in a red light so I had some time to look at it, when I decide to tell my friend who was driving the light turn to green and we had to go, my friend try to look at it but he could not see it since he was in the driving sit and could not look up as i did. my heart started pounding really hard, I had no words for 4 to 5 minutes, I was in shock my mouth was open and I did not know what to do but keep looking, when I finally decide to tell my friend i realize that i did not had a camera... my sorry blackberry does not have a camera either so I could not take a picture, I feel so baddd that I could not have take a picture or video for the whole world to see but I think this is going to stay with me for the rest of my life. I am still in shock and wish for a seconds that I had a camera of anything so I could have taken a picture right then and there. maps.google.com...,-80.280764&spn=0.001767,0.004828&z=18&layer=c&cbll=25.822722,-80.280564&panoid=GrGnEIZqE9NksXi4Ujaw4A&cbp =11,149.57865974497065,,0,-11.930006242878056 there is the link on the location where I was at the moment of the event If anyone here in South Florida notice the same thing please let me know.

Just click on the "UFO Icon" on Fl.

www.ufostalker.com...

now, Hialeah Fl. doesn't seem that far away from the Keys, and the description is relative too what we were seeing in the adjusted photos and the very last viewings of the object through the camera footage.

As for the Google hyper text supplied in the sighting statement, Let me go check that out right now, BRB... Okay, "It worked." but with very undecipherable shape in the distance, It is located at center screen to the left of the electrical pole/telegraph pole and does seem to be quite large , even in the distance.

Here's the Google link:

maps.google.com...,-80.280764&spn=0.001767,0.004828&z=18&layer=c&cbll=25.822722,-80.280564&panoid=GrGnEIZqE9NksXi4Ujaw4A&cbp =11,149.57865974497065,,0,-11.930006242878056

I know it does not fall on the exact day of the video, but it may well be associated with it somehow, I will leave that up to your discretions...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you look at the trail, midway up from the ground, you can see evidence of spiraling, which would suggest that the object is spinning as it ascends, which would suggest that it's a missile.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, im the one who shot the video, and found this after a google search. I might add that i am by no means suggesting it is a missile because of the coloration of the sunset. I personally have never seen any plane have such a large smoke trail. If it was a plane, i would think it would be more condensed of a trail than that.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

thanks Allred5923 for the interesting ufo incident report.

you inspired me to look a little further outside the box so i went looking for video of missile launches. i haven't found any that are from the right distance yet for a really good comparison but the ones i am posting here now certainly look intriguing enough to speculate that the vapor trails do look similar.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Those are two really good video's, but without the distance you had mentioned earlier, it is difficult to accept this as to be a missile launch comparison. But, still a possibility none the less.

With the video I had initially supplied, and with the story you had provided, and with the possibility of this being a "Sea Launch" possibility, there may be more research of location longitudinally and latitudally for absolute verification of there being an actual launch from this particular vicinity.

I don't know if we could research it via the WWW but, maybe there is a way to verify a launch by direct disclosures from the PTB's for such an event??

I will see if there is a way to contact these individuals.. "Happy hunting!!" As the fox runs from the hounds!!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No please dont misquote me or get me wrong. I didnt say the subject caused the color... I said the color has NOTHING to do with the subject.

You shot the video huh?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Well, im the one who shot the video.

You realize this will require proof here at ATS, right? Can you prove you shot this because until you can, dont expect to be believed. We like hard core proof or we cant really take a person or situation for their mere word.

Can you prove you shot this video as you stated you did? I would like that - sure many others would too. I hope you can make a liar out of ME and you actually are speaking the truth!

EDIT:

Im not calling you a liar... just saying... Im not buying it.

If you have the original footage perhaps we could analyze it better - frame per frame. Can you produce that for us? Im assuming not. Please make a liar out of me for the betterment of the thread as a whole!

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Little One]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

hi Little One

i just sent a message to the person on youtube that is hosting the video and asked if they would send a message back to me to confirm it was actually him that sent the Anonymous post.

if i get that confirmation from the person hosting the video then i will believe it is the correct person. if i get a response i will let you know

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I responded to easyone on youtube.

As for the original, i do have it. Its in .MOD format, directly off of the cameras HDD. Its about 700MB. Im not sure where i can upload it to though.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Well, im the one who shot the video.

You realize this will require proof here at ATS, right? Can you prove you shot this because until you can, dont expect to be believed. We like hard core proof or we cant really take a person or situation for their mere word.

Can you prove you shot this video as you stated you did? I would like that - sure many others would too. I hope you can make a liar out of ME and you actually are speaking the truth!

EDIT:

Im not calling you a liar... just saying... Im not buying it.

If you have the original footage perhaps we could analyze it better - frame per frame. Can you produce that for us? Im assuming not. Please make a liar out of me for the betterment of the thread as a whole!

I just responded to you as Anonymous, but after the fact decided to register, so whenever that goes through and gets verified.

But i am legit.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewy_Solo

Welcome to ATS Chewy_Solo !

Great video you captured and i bet it was an awesome sight to see while it was taking place. i have to ask...do you think it was a plane ?

could you hear anything that would give a clue as to what it was ?

[edit on 4-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Welcome to ATS Chewy_Solo !

Great video you captured and i bet it was an awesome sight to see while it was taking place. i have to ask...do you think it was a plane ?

could you hear anything that would give a clue as to what it was ?

I couldn't hear anything. Well after someone pointed out at 2:24 the distinctive trails, im not so sure anymore, but i was sure it was a missile before.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

ok great thanks

have you ever noticed any Jets approaching from that direction before ?

could you tell us what time it was when this happened ?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Awesome job! Welcome to ATS! I cant wait to have all of this verified.

Would this be the first of this on ATS - verified truth?

Im so proud of you for registering and cant wait for your confirmation!

GREAT job!

EDIT:

To give you a shiny lil star!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join