It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when will the Rapture happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have heard from many people that the Rapture has already happenend
in the old testement. After thinking of this, Are we doomed then?
What next?Text Brown

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it will happen about the same time as Elvis comes back to earth on a UFO and plays his first welcome home gig in Vegas...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
when will the Rapture happen?

Never. It's soul-candy propaganda pushed by failed Anglican Priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. He got a cult going with the easy-out Rapture cult and it took hold with fundamentalist christians.

There is NOTHING in the bible about a pre-trib rapture.
In fact, the bible says just the opposite - endure to the end.

There are probably a hundred threads on this in BTS.

Sorry.

SR

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
if you think about it logically if you say or believe it's already happened then the logical outcome is all of us are living in hell basically and the people who got saved got saved.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

After the extensive debate, research and posting on this very issue no so long time ago, if you remember I can still see that people actually believe this stuff.

For the Op opener do a search and you will find tons of information with links on the issue and how the whole propaganda was started.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Jesus is never going to come back,because he never existed mwahaha

Ahh my sense of humour needs some tweaking.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Fascinating non-believers are so quick to discount a potential Christian belief. First, there is NO way of knowing, period. Second, it may or may not ever happen. There are Bible verses that point to a potential "rapture", but then there are other verses that say there will be great persecution, and that all must experience death. I am a Christian, and my outlook is to believe it could possibly occur, but in no way do I look at it as a guaranteed event. It would be nice if it does occur, but no one should be counting on that to save them from the misery coming in the very near future. I am again the "christians" that say this is a 100% certainty, and they are really building people up to incredible disappointment should it not actually occur. I've heard both side, and I'm still not convinced either way. I am however 100% certain it is NOT an event that occurred in the past, and NERO was not the beast spoken of in Revelation or Danie....nice try though.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Thank you for that wisdom filled comment and keep smiling when that is played back for you as you stand before him in the near future. At that point, I'm sure you will no longer be smiling; It is at that time that I will be smiling.
Smiling at you, and the millions like you that like to slander God while you feel so brave here..In the end, you will have NO choice, you WILL stand before him, period. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What if the dinosaurs have there own messiah with his own version of the rapture, I believe he was known as velocirapture and could tear a man to pieces with his claw of truth.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Pick a thread. These are just a few of the many rapture discussions.

www.belowtopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus Prayed – ‘I do not ask that you take them out of the world but that
you keep them from the evil one’ – John 17:15

Those who ‘suffer with Him (for His sake) through the terrors of the last
days will at that time ‘also be glorified with Him’ (Romans 8:17)

the one ‘who endures to the end will be saved”
(Matthew 24:13; see also 10:22)

Some history on the Rapture Cult -

Different rapture cult beliefs

Darby’s pre-tribulational view of the rapture was then picked up by a man named C.I. Scofield, who taught the view in the footnotes of his Scofield Reference Bible, which was widely distributed in England and America. Many Protestants who read the Scofield Reference Bible uncritically accepted what its footnotes said and adopted the pre-tribulational view, even though no Christian had heard of it in the previous 1800 years of Church history

waiting to be raptured

Most people who hold dispensational beliefs assume they are based in the Bible and have ancient roots. But dispensationalism has been around less than 200 years. The father of dispensationalism is John Nelson Darby, a Protestant Irish lawyer who left his successful practice to become an Anglican priest. ... In 1827 Darby left the Anglican priesthood and by 1831 was among the leaders of the Plymouth Brethren, a non-denominational movement which denounced mainline Christianity. He began to teach that the true church would need to be removed from the earth in order to make way for the completion of God's dealings with the Jews. He named this secret removal of the church the Rapture. This belief was something completely new in Christianity. No previous Christian, neither Catholic nor Protestant, had ever proposed or taught such an thing.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
However, it is interesting how much the whole UFO issue is being played up, which could be a possible explanation to explain a mass disappearance. I think that establishes that there are many on the dark side who also believe there is a chance for the rapture to occur, so they have the "alien ufo" scenario waiting in the wing. Brained humans (those humans with functioning brains) know there are NO space aliens, no UFO's from other planets, so why else would man be behind creating these phenomena.....to explain the rapture, should it occur. Schools out now.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

Great catch, and if you hear a lie enough times, it magically becomes truth.
Have you already begun looking for new friends or associates. I don't associate with known liars.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"Re think, the kingdom is at hand"...Jesus

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Solomons

Thank you for that wisdom filled comment and keep smiling when that is played back for you as you stand before him in the near future. At that point, I'm sure you will no longer be smiling; It is at that time that I will be smiling.
Smiling at you, and the millions like you that like to slander God while you feel so brave here..In the end, you will have NO choice, you WILL stand before him, period. Good luck.

"As you have judged, so shall you be judged"...

I'd wipe that smile away real fast if I were you and reconsider what you just told this man. If you think you'll be smiling at anyones torment, you're fooling yourself in a Great Delusion. Did you not read "to the least of these, so to have you done it unto me"? I'd start washing the inside of that cup you're drinking from, or you will drink it full, against your will. "not my will, but your will be done"

"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do"...

Peace

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Fascinating non-believers are so quick to discount a potential Christian belief.

I am Christian and I totally discount it because it's not in the bible, it wasn't practiced by any Christian group until 150 years ago, and it is a made up cult by Nelson Darby. The Rapture Cult has been totally debunked. Pick one of the threads I posted. Do a BTS search. It's all there.

[edit on 1/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jesus said to watch for His PHYSICAL COMING.
He doesn't come AFTER the anti-Christ.

If you read Revelation 3;
Rev 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

People who claim the Rapture is a false teaching usually base their assertion on two false beliefs:

The idea of the Rapture (or a pre-tribulation Rapture) was first announced by theologian J.N. Darby around 1830 and is based on the alleged prophetic vision of a 15-year old Scottish girl named Margaret Macdonald.

or The Rapture was not taught by the early church.

It was not a new idea by Nelson Darby,
Ephraem the Syrian wrote in A.D. 373;

"...Because all saints and Elect of the Lord are gathered together before the tribulation which is about to come and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins. And so, brothers, most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour, and the end of this world comes to the harvest, and angels, armed and prepared, hold sickles in their hands, awaiting the empire of the Lord ..................
He summarized: "There will be a Great Tribulation, as there has not been since people began to be upon the earth" and described the Mark of the Beast system.

7. He declared that Christ will come to the earth after the "three and a half years" Tribulation Period in Section 10: "And when the three and a half years have been completed, the time of the Antichrist, through which he will have seduced the world, after the resurrection of the two prophets . . . will come the sign of the Son of Man, and coming forward the Lord shall appear with great power and much majesty.-- (On the Last Times, the Antichrist, and the End of the World, by Ephraem the Syrian, A.D. 373 and translated by Professor Cameron Rhoades, of Tyndale Theological Seminary).

After The Rapture, God will begin executing judgments against unbelievers, during a period called the Tribulation. At the end of the Tribulation all nations will attack Israel, and Jesus Christ will physically return, leading the armies of heaven. At the Battle of Armeggedon they will destroy everyone who is not a believer. Then Satan will be bound, and Jesus will set up the Millennial Kingdom, headquartered in Jerusalem. Jesus and the saints will rule over the nations of the Earth for a thousand years. During this period there will be people born who are not loyal to Christ. However, it usually will not be obvious. Therefore, at the end of the thousand-year period, God will release Satan and let him tempt those who inhabit the Earth. A large group will take up arms against the Lord and be defeated. Then, Christ will judge all who have ever lived, giving rewards to some and punishment to others. Those who were "destroyed" will be cast into the Lake of Fire, i.e., Hell. After that, God will destroy heaven and Earth because they have been polluted by sin. He will create a new heaven and a new Earth, put those who were saved on the new Earth, and rule it forever
www.godonthe.net...

[edit on 3-1-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I have heard from many people that the Rapture has already happenend
in the old testement.

The Rapture has not happened yet.

You asked (in your title of this post) "when will the Rapture happen?"

TWO things precede (come BEFORE) the Rapture. Parenthesis mine:

2 Thess 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away (meaning an Apostasy from the Faith) first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The Apostasy is here already, so the "final sign" is for the Antichrist to be revealed. As soon as the Antichrist is revealed, the Rapture is immanent.

The Rapture could not have happened BEFORE the Apostasy and the Antichrist being revealed.

(I'm just answering the OP's question of "when")

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
[There are Bible verses that point to a potential "rapture", but then there are other verses that say there will be great persecution, and that all must experience death. I am a Christian, and my outlook is to believe it could possibly occur, but in no way do I look at it as a guaranteed event.]

Thats because BOTH are true ...Christ will call his bride up (His FAITHFUL) (They will be changed from flesh to spirit without DIEING physically) then there are those who will be here and will die for Christ ...(Beheaded and killed by the Antichrist) .............

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone;

We are living between two advents of Christ's coming. The first advent of course has already happened. When Jesus was born and God became man. I believe the secod advent will happen when Jesus returns for The Second Coming. I believe this will happen after the Rapture.

Christ will come secretly and raise the righteous dead and these with the righteous who are alive will be caught up somewhere in the ari, where they will be with Christfor a period, the length of which is affirmed by some to be seven years. During the time the righteous are in the air the living wicked on earth will endure a period of great tribulation under the rule of a personal anti-christ.

Christ must come first for his saints before he can first appear with them.

However, it will be a hard road to walk for those who will be left behind. I don't think we can even begin to imagine the tribulation that our brothers and sisters will endure. It will be a terrible time indeed.

Peace to you

Grandma

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone;

We are living between two advents of Christ's coming. The first advent of course has already happened. When Jesus was born and God became man. I believe the secod advent will happen when Jesus returns for The Second Coming. I believe this will happen after the Rapture.

Christ will come secretly and raise the righteous dead and these with the righteous who are alive will be caught up somewhere in the ari, where they will be with Christfor a period, the length of which is affirmed by some to be seven years. During the time the righteous are in the air the living wicked on earth will endure a period of great tribulation under the rule of a personal anti-christ.

Christ must come first for his saints before he can first appear with them.

However, it will be a hard road to walk for those who will be left behind. I don't think we can even begin to imagine the tribulation that our brothers and sisters will endure. It will be a terrible time indeed.

Peace to you

Grandma

Hi Grandma ...I disagree ...I believe based on what I believe scripture describes ....that there is a bride of Christ who are the ones changed in the twinkling of an eye who meet the Lord in the air and the marriage *(Between the bride and Christ) is consumated in heaven (seven days of consumation alone with the bride in bridal chambers)(these will be taken alive) seven days representing seven years (the time when great tribulation will be happening on earth) ..Read about the Jewish wedding traditions ....He would not bring his BRIDE TO BATTLE >...at the second coming the SAINTS come with him (these are not the bride of Christ but his SAINTS) ...these are those who came out of great tribulations (The trib saints ..those who died for him during the trib) ....then there is the great white throne judgment where ALL are raised from the dead ...

Read about the harvests in Israel ......there is more than one ...
The bible says this earth is his field and we are the plants ..(barley,wheat and fruit etc) and there are different harvests for each plant ....
I believe the Barley even has two seperate harvests ..which could be like the first coming harvest (Christ said he was the FIRST of the firstfruits which means there are more to come of his firstfruits) ....
Exd 34:22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end

Barley is planted either as a winter or summer crop.
Harvesting: Spring-planted barley is harvested in the fall. Fall-planted barley is harvested in June. A combine is used to harvest the crop.

There is so much evidence in my opinion based on scriptures from the OT and the descriptions of the end times in the NT that Jesus talked about ....and the harvests etc ..then you have Enoch and Elijah (Both were TRANSLATED not KILLED) ......then you have everything the Lord says about the bride and bridegroom ..then the scriptures about Saints etc ..(which all are symbolic of what Christ has in mind to do ) ...............I cannot just ignore it all .....I believe with all my heart that there will be a rapture (taken away out of here of his faithful who will not have to die for him because they died for him spiritually *(gave up their own life for him in spirit) and those who did not ..will die literally for him during the trib .(These are the saints not the bride) ...etc etc etc ........................

<<   2  3 >>

join