It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rapture could be explained like this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
An idea I've pondered over for a long long time, figured I'd share it with you...

Basically I think the rapture could be a transition into the forth dimension... For those who are spiritually enlightened enough when they would make this transition they would seemingly disappear right? The clothes would stay behind because the clothes are not bound to you... It would totally look as if people just disappeared, but in reality they would have simply advanced spiritually into the 4th dimensional conscience in turn leaving everyone else behind in the 3rd dimension... The ones in the 3rd dimension would see them as vanishing...

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think it could be explained as an entirely modern invention, created to cope with the notion that when God trashes up the place, there's a reason you were a true believer in the first place.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Nice one C.C.!

This place is god's so it is to that character to decide the outcome. This god thing created everything so...that's just beyond anything's else ability to control or be responsible for.

Ya, that is a pretty cool idea EUS. I hope I get put in the fifth coz, really, I don't like anything
Not even in terms of love or hate!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"The Rapture" SHOULD be explained like this -

It's 'soul candy' that was invented in the 1800s by failed anglican priest Nelson Darby. It's a feel good escapism CULT that has flourished and that people have made millions of $$$ off.

It's NOT biblical at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You do know the god of the bible is based upon the Sumerian accounts of god, Enlil, don't you....?

I think the Annunaki will be beaming up their chosen ones then attacking the earth then when they are done with the population reduction the chosen ones will be returned to inherit their mind controlled new-world order

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Do you consider the annunaki as bad?

If so then doesn't the bible say the bad people lose in the end?

Also, I think the whole beam me up theory is wrong... I believe that something spiritual not technological is going to happen...Also the end of the world, in my opinion, will be that of natural disaster, the cause, who knows, but it's supposed to go in fire... So probably not good...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thank you Flyers Fan for being on that "Deny's Ignorance" and backs up what he says with FACTS and TRUTH. I could not have said it better thank you except maybe to point out that Darby took his idea from Margaret MacDonald's nightmare and ran with it. Remember that Margaret said after the nightmares that she thought they were evil dreams, I think she was right in the first account.

Rapture is not Biblical in the pre-trib disappearing people sense. Great Job!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I never got the whole rapture concept in the first place... so like all these dead people are to rise from the grave??? sounds a bit like the "Zombie Stripper" Or "Shaun of the Dead "movies to me... only not so funny

Hey maybe that's were the Zombie idea came from!

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I never got the whole rapture concept in the first place... so like all these dead people are to rise from the grave??? sounds a bit like the "Zombie Stripper" Or "Shaun of the Dead "movies to me... only not so funny

Hey maybe that's were the Zombie idea came from!

If you really want to see what's in revelation check out "The Left Behind" series written by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It's not the dead people's bodies rising out of the graves. It is their souls going towards Jesus as He comes in the clouds for all to see His second coming.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarSeaman
Nice one C.C.!

This place is god's so it is to that character to decide the outcome. This god thing created everything so...that's just beyond anything's else ability to control or be responsible for.

Ya, that is a pretty cool idea EUS. I hope I get put in the fifth coz, really, I don't like anything
Not even in terms of love or hate!

Sounds to me like you've been desensitized somehow... Have you ever been part of any military projects?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

Basically I think the rapture could be a transition into the forth dimension...

For those who are spiritually enlightened enough when they would make this transition they would seemingly disappear right?

immediately i thought there could not be a natural 'trigger' for those who have developed enough in the spiritual sense...

or else goodly, saintly people like ]Mother Theresa would have been poofed right out of this existance and into that heavenly state (4th D)

Besides, all through the last 2,000 years there has not been any orderly 'poofing' of any spiritually enlightened people... the only persons missing have mostly been found in shallow graves, lime pits, chopped up in a 55 gallon drum
some of the other 'missing' were in voluntarily incommunicado for various reasons.

Being 'caught up in the clouds, forever with the Lord'
sounds more like being Vaporized !
that's a reward ??

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
4d is just a bunch of 3d realms stacked. It is the closest and nearest alternate realities. Where as you see your keyboard in front of you in 1 place, in 4d it exists in many places.

Here is a video called Visualization of theory of relativity. It's interesting in itself, but take notice of what it calls a "world line". Also take notice of how it shows the object moving and also shows where it has been.

That line is a linear way of looking at 4d. Where it is a bunch of 3d relaties stacked on top of each other. In the video is is looking at linear time as 4d. In reality, 4d stacked is not only in that straight line, but also side by side.

As such, if you suddenly took on a 4d consciousness, you would still exist in this 3d world and people could still see you, they would not see any change in you. But you would possess "super powers". You could grab an object across the room without ever getting up in the person with a 3d perspective. You could move like Neo did in the matrix etc. You could walk through walls and so on.

However, even though your perspective is only 3d, you still exist in the 4d and beyond. So all that really changes is your perspective. You can also by seeing all the different choices at once make choices that lead to better things more easily. If you are able to see that you are going to hit your finger with a hammer in the future - as 4d does provide a tint of the future and past along with it's side by side dimensions, then you would not choose that path and so on. 30 seconds ago you could see in 4d for example. To see 2000 years ago, you need much more than a 4d perspective. But you could jump in that direction if you could move back in time eventually, at a fraction of the time. Instantly however would require a much bigger jump.

What you speak of where someone disappears could be done just by taking a big jump across dimensions. Like going back 2000 years. Way more than just 4d. In 4d, it would be like the person disappearing and appearing on the other side of the room.

Truth is, you move in 4d all the time. It's just something we see as linear(time). But we move across the 4d dimensions every time we make a choice. I'm pretty sure nobody will disappear(I don't rule anything out however), but rather those who actually do as Jesus says will make choices that will lead away from the path, and thus those people will never experience it. The universe is a mirror of yourself mostly, but big and unlimited and your "path" across it is determined by your choices. Make the right choices, your mirror is heavenly. Make wrong choices, your mirror is hell. As you reap what you sow. There is a bit of delayed reaction.

top topics

join