It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Over Gilbert, AZ Tonight on New Years Eve!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I keep getting an error when I try to log in. But Hey My wife and I saw the same thing, Three lights in a row, but we saw a yellow/white not amber. it hovered just above the street light and then headed south east in the direction of gateway airport but then just vanished. Can't wait to see the video.

Matt in mesa

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok...Well, I got the video posted.

I used the Windows Movie Maker to resize the video, and it looked okay still when I played it on my cpu. But, when I uploaded it to Youtube, it's hardly visible at all :-(

The original video looks better than this, but it was too big for youtube. MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT IN HIGH QUALITY, or it's even worse!!!

During the video, I am focusing on the two SMALL objects in the sky, there is another light you wuill see towards the bottom, but that's a light from a neighbors house down the alley way...NOT a UFO! When I'm moving the camera between the two REAL UFO's, the light often appears in the same frame, so do not be distracted by it.

Other than that, what can I say? I was hoping the video would turn out better than it did...It was MUCH, MUCH, better in person, MUCH brighter, MUCH more colorful, and MUCH more convincing...Unfortunately it didn't translate over to video even close to as well as in person.

I REAAAALLLLY hope someone knows how to enhance video and bring out these objects better. They didn't flicker like in the video, they glowed an amber color uniformly, and flew in a straight path.

You'll also see where I say "It disappeared....wait, it's still there". At that time the camera was out of focus and you can't see the object "Turn the light back on", but it did...This happens right before the third object appears from the north as well.

Please pardon our excitment in the video, both my wife and I were pretty excited and it shows :-) Anyway, Tell me what you think!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi
Import your avi to Microsoft Moviemaker (if you don't have it, google it and you'll see many places to get it and it is free) then save "as movie to be played on your computer" it will save it as best quality wmv that way. it will then convert the movie for you to wmv format which then can be uploaded to youtube. Youtubes website will convert it again to flv.

If you need to break the movie up in smaller segments, Movie Maker does that too and easily. My Girlfriend and I live in chandler AZ and saw the UFO's also. All I can say is,,,

WOW!

What the hell were those! Like ocre halogen mini sparkling things

The last time we had seen anything like that was during the now famous Phoenix Lights where that huge angle looking thing was up there for so long the entire city saw it if they were out. I spent 6 years on a carrier airwing task force 6th fleet and never seen anything like what I've seen in AZ. This is my third sighting and Ive never been able to capture one on video. Hope you get that uploaded

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Aermacchi]

Hey Aermacchi,

I just saw your post...That's AWESOME you experienced the same thing in Chandler!!! I'm just glad someone else saw the same thing as we did...I was also a first hand witnesss to the Phoenix Lights back in 1997, and watched that massive craft fly right over my head. This is my sixth sighting here in AZ, and while The Phoenix Lights was the most impressive thus far, the illuminating quality of these objects and the way they appeared so bright and brilliant puts them in 2nd or 3rd place!

Keep your eyes on the sky, it's been my experience that they seem to appear for many nights in a row when they show up!

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Hey guys I'm in AZ too and I have something to add from what I saw today (Saturday). I saw something really bizarre over Scottsdale. I was driving north up the 101 and I looked up and noticed what looked like slow moving streaks of bright white light that were moving from east to west. It was really bizarre. It kind of looked like, almost exactly like, giant sparks that were falling sideways from a giant invisible sparkler. They were appearing out of nowhere. It's pretty overcast here today and it really stood out against the backdrop of the darker clouds. It probably wasn't more than 1500 feet off the ground. And it was not, I repeat, not a shooting star or meteor. They were moving slowly and also moving up and down, kind of bouncing around, and then disappearing. The color was bright white and they probably moved maybe 150 to 200 feet east to west before disappearing. I wonder if it's related in any way to the orbs you taped. I've never seen anything like it before.

Awesome video. It looks like a lot of other orb vids but when you have someone in your neck of the woods actually seeing orbs it makes it all the more exciting. Cheers and thank you for posting.

Also, Bigdaddy7ftr I would really like to hear your first hand account of the Phoenix Lights!!! If you could post some of the story on this thread or start a new one, oh man that would just be awesome. What on earth was like to see one of the greatest ufo sightings of all time?

Dave in Scottsdale

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnureality
Hey guys I'm in AZ too and I have something to add from what I saw today (Saturday). I saw something really bizarre over Scottsdale. I was driving north up the 101 and I looked up and noticed what looked like slow moving streaks of bright white light that were moving from east to west. It was really bizarre. It kind of looked like, almost exactly like, giant sparks that were falling sideways from a giant invisible sparkler. They were appearing out of nowhere. It's pretty overcast here today and it really stood out against the backdrop of the darker clouds. It probably wasn't more than 1500 feet off the ground. And it was not, I repeat, not a shooting star or meteor. They were moving slowly and also moving up and down, kind of bouncing around, and then disappearing. The color was bright white and they probably moved maybe 150 to 200 feet east to west before disappearing. I wonder if it's related in any way to the orbs you taped. I've never seen anything like it before.

Awesome video. It looks like a lot of other orb vids but when you have someone in your neck of the woods actually seeing orbs it makes it all the more exciting. Cheers and thank you for posting.

Also, Bigdaddy7ftr I would really like to hear your first hand account of the Phoenix Lights!!! If you could post some of the story on this thread or start a new one, oh man that would just be awesome. What on earth was like to see one of the greatest ufo sightings of all time?

Dave in Scottsdale

Hey Dave, Good to meet you! Cool story about those sparks in the sky!!! I have no idea what that could've been either, but like I said in the previous post, I noticed that once they start appearing, they seem to come back for days or even weeks in a row! So, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that this is all related.

As far as my Phoenix Lights story...I would be happy to share it! I was standing outside of an apartment complex around I-10 and Baseline with a friend of mine waitng for his roommate to come home. It was around 9 or 10pm at the time. We were both just talking when we both started noticing what looked like a really big craft slowly approaching from the north. It was still quite some distance away, so we just casually mentioned it like it was no big deal, and continued to watch it come towards us...

Soon, we realized that this was no ordinary craft! By the time it got close enough overhead to make out it's size, we were absolutely stunned at how massive, yet silent it was!!! The incredible thing was that neither of us were scared of it in the least, which I find to be COMPLETELY uncharacteristic of a sighting of this magnitude! Let me tell you, under normal circumstances I would've been screaming and pooping my pants! But for some reason, we were completely calm as we watched it fly right over our heads...The only conversation I recall us having at that moment was "whoa..."

It was almost as if this craft was emitting some kind of calming, positive energy from it...that's the only way I can explain our non-chalaunt reaction to it. Anyway, we could see that the craft was in the shape of a triangle, and it completely blacked out the stars above as it passed over us. So, it was definitely a solid object!

That was my very first UFO sighting, and since that time, I have seen five others. I sometimes wonder if it's a coincidence that I have seen so many wonderful sightings since that time, or if there could be more to it? It just seems that I can step out in my backyard at will and almost expect to see something strange at least half the time when I really look for it...

Just the other day my wife could've sworn she saw another UFO in Sedona just hovering above a mountain...These sightings are just so common here in AZ, it's the perfect place for anyone interested in this type of phenomena!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply BD! I'm a long time ATS lurker but I decided to sign up and validate what you said about more sightings occurring just after the first sighting. It was unusual and unlike anything I've seen before so maybe they are connected some how. Btw, I never used to believe any of this stuff but now I'm convinced it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Something I would like to know from someone who actually saw it: How big would you guesstimate it's size to be? Some witnesses described it as nearly a mile wide. Is that realistic? Also, how big would you guesstimate the size of those 'orbs' or lights underneath to be? Sorry for all the questions, it's just fascinating to me.

It's pretty incredible that any of us would be calm witnessing what you witnessed but I understand what your saying about the feeling of calmness ... others have described feeling like there was a connection of some sort to what they were seeing or that they felt that it was trying to communicate with them in some way. That doctor who lives in P.V. said she saw orbs before the Phoenix lights and she felt that it was trying to communicate with her. It's nice that 'they' have some kind of way to keep us from pooping our pants and flipping out because if I ever get to see something like that I'm going to lose it.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Gnureality]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnureality
Thanks for the reply BD! I'm a long time ATS lurker but I decided to sign up and validate what you said about more sightings occurring just after the first sighting. It was unusual and unlike anything I've seen before so maybe they are connected some how. Btw, I never used to believe any of this stuff but now I'm convinced it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Something I would like to know from someone who actually saw it: How big would you guesstimate it's size to be? Some witnesses described it as nearly a mile wide. Is that realistic? Also, how big would you guesstimate the size of those 'orbs' or lights underneath to be? Sorry for all the questions, it's just fascinating to me.

It's pretty incredible that any of us would be calm witnessing what you witnessed but I understand what your saying about the feeling of calmness ... others have described feeling like there was a connection of some sort to what they were seeing or that they felt that it was trying to communicate with them in some way. That doctor who lives in P.V. said she saw orbs before the Phoenix lights and she felt that it was trying to communicate with her. It's nice that 'they' have some kind of way to keep us from pooping our pants and flipping out because if I ever get to see something like that I'm going to lose it.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Gnureality]

Hey Dave,

You're absolutely right! Many people did feel a connection to the lights when the saw them. Dr. Lynn Kitei who filmed the objects from her house said she felt a definite connection with them as she watched. The lights she saw were amber orbs as well, and I have no doubt that the lights I witnessed on New Years Eve were the exact same thing! I really do think the calming effect of the craft was no coincidence.

The craft itself that I saw was absolutely HUGE!!! At the time I would tell everyone that it covered the sky overhead and would outstretch both of my arms to demosnstrate how large it was. I told people it looked like it was about the size of a football field, but I was probably under-estimating based on my own disbelief about just how big it really was. When I heard other people testify that the craft was 1 mile long, I was in full agreement...It really was that big! As far as the ights that I saw under the craft, I don't have a great recollection of their size...I just remember seeing five round lights in a triangle shape.

I hope that helps!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I saw one of the lights over Beverley, UK, at 12.15am while the fireworks were going off on New Years Eve this year (2009). It was bright orange and there was no sound. I filmed it on my mobile: uk.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I saw one of the lights over Beverley, UK, at 12.15am while the fireworks were going off on New Years Eve this year (2009). It was bright orange and there was no sound. I filmed it on my mobile: uk.youtube.com...

Thanks for sharing!

It's very dificult to analyze both videos to tell if they're the same type of object or not due to the way both films captured the object differently.

The video I filmed came out much differently than how I saw it with my own eyes, and I'm sure yours was the same.

If it was an evenly glowing orange/amber ball that moved steadily from one direction to the other without any flickering, then my guess would be they're the same objects. I'm glad so many of us shared the same experiences on here...It's always nice to know you're not alone in your experiences!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by bigdaddy7ftr]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

oops didnt mean to bump a old thread...

My wife and I saw about 5 UFOs over Joplin, MO. USA. New Years eve, they were orange and amber in color and they pulsated/flickered but had a white/red flashing light in the center. They made no sound and traveled across the sky at different speeds.
They appeared out of nowhere at hig rate of speed and then slowed down to like a smooth sail. Was weird. I thought they were lanterns but they were the size of a Helicoopter that passes over my house almost daily.

I got a picture but i was shivering from the cold.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Optix]

<< 1  2   >>

join