It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asthma Inhalers BAnned, 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Someone asked how long these inhalers (albuterol and atrovent in particular) will last. If you keep them in a cool, dry place (not your car in summer) they will last 10 years.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My asthma kicked in about 15 years ago.
It was usually brought about due to allergic reactions.
Some desert plants from Southwest Texas were especially potent.

Still had allergies when I moved to Dallas but my asthma has almost gone away entirely since I got my dogs to keep me company.

Some people probably think it's gross but dog kisses do wonders for your immune system. Additionally, I haven't had a flu shot in 4 years.

Even my doctor is surprised why I no longer require treatment, and a breathalyzer, or a inhalator, (not a breathalyzer) for my asthma.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Thank you so much for those links. I just got out of the hospital on Monday due to an asthma attack Friday night. To top it off, I had a slight case of pneumonia. I completely agree with you-being attached to my medication. I feel like I always have to carry it around with me. Not just because Im scared I might have an attack...I think its more than that.

After this last attack, I feel I need to lean more towards a holistic, alternative approach. I definately do not want to end up in the ER again.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
one thing that helps some, when you feel one coming on, is Altoids strong mints.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I was prescibed the new type inhaler last year and found it to be scarily ineffective - having to take the deep breath in is just not practical when having an attack.

I was lucky in that my GP changed my prescription back to the old inhaler when I complained, but I don't know how long I'll get away with it.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I have not heard of this until today.

I have never cleaned mine, and they work fine. I have one in my cars, home,
purse etc. I wish I knew I would have stacked up.

They may as well ban hairspray, fridges, whip cream cans, etc too.

All in the name of the global warming scam.

To this poster and other's who have claimed this is "green nonsense" and "all in the name of global warming", I have the following public service announcement:

CFC'S HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GLOBAL WARMING

CFC's actually break down the ozone in the upper atmosphere and have been proven, beyond doubt, to have caused ozone depletion and the subsequent "hole's".

Ozone protects the earth from UV radiation. Prior to the banning of CFC's some while back, there were huge hole's developing in the Ozone layer. These have now largely healed.

Ozone depletion has naff all to do with Global Warming or Al Gore.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
could you point me to the scientific proof of it not being a scam?
pretty sure they now call it climate change because the earth has stopped warming

Global warming is the prefect scam. You can not prove it is not a scam and I can not prove it is. It is perfect. I can not beleive no one though of it sooner.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I found this NYTimes article from May 2008 on the switch. It contains some tips that might be helpful to people switching to the new inhalers.

It also has some interesting information about the availability of the four name-brand inhalers that use the new propellant. It doesn't follow through on it, but it says that there are important differences between the four, that doctors are mostly prescribing "Albuterol" and leaving it up to the pharmacists to decide which brand to provide, and most interesting, that the brand covered by most insurance plans is the one with the lightest spray.

That seems odd, when most people's complaints about the new inhalers have to do with the spray being too light.

Also, I have a question for people. Some people have said there's also a link with underground meth labs (like with the pseudoephedrine/phenalamine thing, I guess). I haven't found anything that talks about that – could someone point me to some links?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Also, I have a question for people. Some people have said there's also a link with underground meth labs (like with the pseudoephedrine/phenalamine thing, I guess). I haven't found anything that talks about that – could someone point me to some links?

Take a look at the contents of the inhaler and do a search on meth production and you'll see the connection.

Ephedrine is by far a better base source and the inhaler has the cleanest, most pure source on the open market. There is a rule that most chemists live by, "garbage in, garbage out", so the cleaner source is most preferable.

There seems to be an intentional omission of the inhaler in stories about illicit drug production. I am guessing that the DEA doesn’t want to give those who don’t already know any new ideas.

And just in case anyone is wondering, yes, I made this in college as one of my projects, for a grade and aced it, no problem. So did most every other student in my class. But that were many years ago and I do not think it would be tolerated today.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I have never cleaned mine, and they work fine. I have one in my cars, home, purse etc. I wish I knew I would have stacked up.

SAME HERE. I have asthma. So does my husband. So does my daughter.
We've never cleaned ours and they work fine. 5$ each.

This sux.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wonder? Maybe this is the Government's way of getting rid of us? You know, let to sick die off leaving only the people that are healthy.

Socialized Rx will be in trouble with all of us asthmatics.

Roper

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
Take a look at the contents of the inhaler and do a search on meth production and you'll see the connection.

Ephedrine is by far a better base source and the inhaler has the cleanest, most pure source on the open market.

But the ephedrine inhalers aren't what this switch is about, except indirectly.

They'll still be available over-the-counter until 2011, with CFC propellant, according to what I've read. I haven't seen anything about past that date, but they might be available with HFA after that, since it's the CFCs that are banned.

The switch coming this year is in the albuterol inhalers, from CFC propellant to HFA propellant.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

But the ephedrine inhalers aren't what this switch is about, except indirectly.

They'll still be available over-the-counter until 2011, with CFC propellant, according to what I've read. I haven't seen anything about past that date, but they might be available with HFA after that, since it's the CFCs that are banned.

The switch coming this year is in the albuterol inhalers, from CFC propellant to HFA propellant.

Albuterol is a brand name for another stimulant used in illicit drug production. The CFC propellant evaporates 100% in certain chemical processes without affecting the end resulting drug. It is believed by some people that the HFA propellant will throw a kink in this method of production. From the looks of it, it will, but the chemist would need only to vary the process slightly to achieve the same ending product. But hey, they take another source of CFC’s off the market.

At least that is what I understand, but my college days are long behind me and I am not really up on all the illicit drug production.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I talked to a Pharmacist friend of mine today and asked him about this and it is Albuterol that is taking the hit. If primatene is on the hit list he didn't know it.

So I'm good for now. BUT I'm still angry about this, taking away someones med's is wrong!

I may have missed it but is this law or did this come from the FDA? What I thought of was writing to my congress-critters and complain. Other that hanging the bastards I do not know what to do.

If they take your Rx how long will it before that come for mine?

Roper

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

Ah, I see. Thanks

Either way, to make it ever-so-slightly harder for meth labs or to take what must be a fairly minor polluter out of circulation, I think someone's priorities are pretty far out of whack.

Providing asthmatics with better, cheaper medicine seems more important to me than forcing meth labs to alter their procedures. And it's one thing to take the CFCs out of our hairspray; it's quite different to take it out of inhalers.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I agree with you 100%

The #1 priority should always be the patients health in these issues.
The CFC content in an inhaler is a non issue.
The war on drugs is also a bogus waste of our time and money as those people will always find a way to do what they do.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
www.savecfcinhalers.org...
This morally despicable forced change of medication is making thousands upon thousands of asthma

sufferers sick.

See their explanations of what is going wrong at these two links:
www.ipetitions.com...

Fight back and hold those responsible for this travesty accountable.

The National Campaign to Save CFC Asthma Inhalers

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

Global warming is a hoax. The warming and cooling cycle of the earth is widely documented in the fossil and climate record and not restricted to the relatively short period human beings have been on the scene. Thats the fact, check the record. We have had warming and cooling cycles that have been of similar or even greater magnitude than the century or so of cooling and warming often cited as evidence for a 'warming trend'. The inhaler nonsense is just the climate nazis finally making it down the isle to tie the knot with big pharma, thats all. Oh, and by the way, didt you idiots say that the trends pointed toward global COOLING back in the 70s, and that we were about to have a NEW ICE AGE??? Um, well? helloooo? Uh yes, I was there, and I remember the goofy, sky is falling rants, and it didnt happen, did it? Typical liberals, neeeeever acountable when your wrong. So which is it? Warming? Cooling? Exploding? Vanishing? Sheesh.... And now, I cant get my inhaler, and I cant breathe properly. Thanks a lot, Al Gore-lione! And by the way, I hope Barry O' falls flat on his face. Maybe waterboard him so he can see what its like to NOT BE ABLE TO CATCH HIS BREATH-

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I used to have Asthma as a kid. My mother had Asthma for over 65 years! Until I gave her 2 supplements. I gave her 1 bottle of Adrenotrate by ultralifeinc.com and Germanium 132. It's been almost 2 yrs. and she hasn't had 1 instance of Asthma or a cold or flu. Niacin can help with Allergies and Asthma cause it's an anti-histamine and opens up tubes. Don't take large doses of Vit.-C. Allergies are caused by the body becoming too alkaline. So Vit.-C, most fruit juice, green veggies or seafood can give you allergies. Acidifying agents to help counter Alkalosis would be cranberry juice, plum or prune juice, carrot juice, and vinegar.

www.ultralifeinc.com...

Here's a list of Germanium 132 benefits.
www.stopyeast.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Looks like another move to make some cash from the Green Fad by updating technology to help the environment. I've had asthma my whole life, though I haven't had to use my inhaler in more than a year... I'm all for caring about the environment, but this green Global Warming Climate Crisis stuff wreaks of a scam...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join