It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gun Buyback' Organizers 'Irked By Lack of Support'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Cool website. Reminds me of a punt gun. Some of those had up to a 2 inch bore and carried up to a pound or more of bird shot. Bye Bye little duckies. Oh, what fun it would be to fire either of those guns.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by jibeho]

edit to add clip. Fun Fun

[edit on 31-12-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now that was impressive. But I think I'll still stick with my Kimbers. I think that they are a little bit easier to conceal.

Duster

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by duster

Walking around with one of those Punt guns may qualify as what Hitchcock referred to as "concealment by the ultra-obvious."

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by Raustin

Yeah, I don't know what I thinking

Every new born should be given a Mobile Phone and a Magnum 45.
Crikey, If nobody had a Gun, people would have to get along and respect
each other like in a community.

Yeah it would be utopia. I nominate you to retrieve all the guns owned by the gangs, terrorist, and militaries of the world. After you have accomplished this feat let us know and we will gladly hand over ours. Then we can all hold hands and sing coombaya while basking in eternal bliss. WAKE UP & SMELL REALITY DUDE!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I've seen pictures of users of Punt Guns. They didn't just use one at a time, they lashed 4-5 in a fan to a large timber in the flight line taken by ducks and geese on the Potomac and its tributaries. They wouldwait till the flock was with in range, usualy 250-300 yards to allow for the greatest dispersalof shot and fire all at once. Its must have been deafening. Took half an hour for the danged smoke to clear before they could see what theyhad hit!!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hey guys. This reminds me of a family anecdote.
Way back in the early 70's (I think) my father was a state trooper in Detroit MI. Due to HUGE quantities of gun crime/racial tension, the police thought it was a good idea to do a gun turn in thing. All the guns turned in were to be destroyed by melting.
This old man comes in with a smile. He hands over several guns with a sad look on his face...not really sad because he's giving them up but because of the way people treat each other, I guess. Anyway...my pa takes a look at them and is surprised to find an original Whalter P-38 in a german holster with SS insignia stamped in the leather and this weird german "submariner gun" which is a thin nine mil that's shaped kind of like a 1911. Shocked, he offers to buy them. He got em for some insanely low price...the old man happy that a cop has his guns instead of someone else...
Doesn't really make much sense why this guy wanted to destroy such fantastic old collectors items...but now we've got them. So weird firing these handguns...they feel enchanted or something.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I can only imagine the aftermath of a multi-barrel shot. I heard of the punt gun some years back from a buddy who grew up on the Maryland Eastern shore Cambridge/ Salisbury area. I found this fun picture of a multi barrel punt gun boat.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

All you freaking Anti-Gun nuts should go take a leap off a bridge. Don't you people realize that people kill people, gun don't. They prevent other from killing them. I have a carry concealed weapons permit and I carry every day of my life. Cause the first time some crazy lunatic starts shooting people in Wal-Mart, he's gonna find out real fast what a .45 caliber hydrashock feels like when I empty my clip into his chest and head. All you anti-gun people need to go live on an island somewhere. Maybe it will get blown up.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A decent handgun of reasonable caliber costs over $500. I don't think I'll be turning one in anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by skeptic_al

Originally posted by skeptic_al
Crikey, If nobody had a Gun, people would have to get along and respect
each other like in a community.

Sure, just look at Great Britain.

Five fatal UK stabbings each week, figures show

If someone wants to kill someone they will do it in the easiest way they can. The gun being the obvious winner as all you have to do is aim and pull the trigger. Over here in Blighty we have to get a bit more tribal if we want someone dead

We will never be able to beat our government as we dont have a level playing field and I think this is the point everyone is trying to get across. If none of you had guns except for a very few criminals as we do in Britain then you wouldnt have to worry about having guns, but its the point that if your government do decide to go under martial law for one reason or another, you may decide to form a rebellion.

I dont think that Britain was really ever that bothered with being armed to the teeth. Most people with guns owned them for sport/collections/farming. Guns were banned after a a couple of nasty episodes
such as the Dunblane massacre en.wikipedia.org... and the Hungerford massacre en.wikipedia.org... back in the 1980's.

Dont get me wrong, Im not a hater. I have fired military weapons historic and modern and I used to train as a marksman. I just think that the less guns there are within people's reach the better. Accidents happen and mistakes happen. Also tempers flare and what may have been a fist fight will be a gun fight. And when theres a gun fight there may be stray bullets and thats when innocents get killed.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by tigermoff]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

jibeho! I thought that was the new Iranian flag ship that was supposed to be announced after some 48-hour period that the world is waiting on!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by dooper]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigermoff

If someone wants to kill someone they will do it in the easiest way they can. The gun being the obvious winner as all you have to do is aim and pull the trigger.

Really?

Isnt alot easier and much more likely to result in the death of the target to beat them in their sleep with a bat or hammer or just drive a vehicle into them?
Not to mention those options are much less expensive and far more readily available the world over.

Murder isnt like self defense. Murder is generally thought out. Self defense happens in an instant. It's easier for an old woman to kill 14 people with a car and it's easier for that old woman to stop an intruder or mugger with a gun.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Its easier to dodge a car.

If you wanted to kill someone Im sure you would choose a gun over a mode of transport.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I posted this same tidbit last year in another thread; Morton Grove Illinois made firearms illegal and Kennesaw Georgia made owning a firearm mandatory;

ten years later Morton Grove has the highest crime rate in the U.S. and lo and behold Kennesaw has no crime rate;

*snip* Some people are too damn dumb to realise that the criminal element does not buy legal firearms, and I will never voluntarily give up my right to bear arms;

as for those turkeys with their buy back program, they need to go take a hike off the side of the Matterhorn; the right to defend one's life, liberty, and property should never be forfeited to the political process;

however, the new rules for ammo going into effect in June 2009 are not good; so stock up, people.

seeker

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory.

[edit on 1/1/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

however, the new rules for ammo going into effect in June 2009 are not good; so stock up, people.

Has this actually passed anywhere?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
HA! A multi-barrelled punt gun?...

To shoot Geese? Damn, if THAT was my objective, I would just try to get my hands on a few claymore mines!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All I can say is, I proudly live in Chicago, IL home of one of the strictest gun laws in the US! And murder capitol of the US!

www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Wait a minute..... somethin's not right with this picture..........
wait wait.... what could that be??

www.digitaljournal.com...

I mean, strict guns laws ought to lower crime and murders right? Wait wait, something, something just isn't adding up!............. hmm...

(PS they won't even let us have airguns, airsofts, bb guns, pellet rifles or any toy gun that shoots projectiles! What a great city! I'm lucky I aint locked up yet.)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

What new ammunition laws that are coming in June?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Has this actually passed anywhere?

It was in committee last I heard; but my bud on the local Swat team suggested I stock up, so I am not waiting to see if the 'coded' rules take effect; as much as I like to shoot, it won't go to waste if it doesn't.

But it wouldn't suprise me if it does pass.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The proposal is to make all ammuniton digitally coded and trackable, and the word I got is for the target date to be June, 2009.

May just be another spin put out to rile everyone up, haven't had time to properly research it yet; maybe some of the super esearchers here can either verify it or de-bunk it for us.

Not trying to spread rumors, for I trust the source I got it from; but fore-warned...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join