It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gun Buyback' Organizers 'Irked By Lack of Support'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

That's idiotic!!! A .45 is far too big for a new born.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by smarteye

Not really, seen the size some babies lately.
Their like, born over weight.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

crikey ,you're right !!!!!! look what happened to the crime rate in aussie land when they took your guns and left you with only the ones locked in safes. home invasions went up 64%
we dont intend to make the same mistake. and a .45 magnum?
please educate yourself,become familiar and then condemn.
obviously you have no knowledge of firearms.
its like you going to mars and telling the martians what to do. if you haven't experienced it , how can you know whats best?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

They make magnum .45s now! Woo hoo, got to get me one. I live in a very nice community and get along with everyone. You don't want to give a baby something quite that big, I like to start the newborns out with something like a 9.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

They make magnum .45s now! Woo hoo, got to get me one.

Doh! Every time I buy a computer they come out with a better one too. Why is that?
sigh...
Guess I'll just have to wait for the 46.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Those that are afraid of the American people having a gun by right of the constitution need to educate them selves on guns and then take a course in using them. You will find out why it is a given worth while right to have. Then you will defend the right to have one.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Nice, when they come out with the 46 Mag we should all go buy one.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
wow! When I was a baby, all I got was a crappy .22. But then again, I'm a wimp. Probably all I could handle at the time. Glad I'm all grown up now! I can run right out and get one of them super-duper .46 magnums. Do they make Core-bon ammo for 'em yet?

nenothtu out

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Why wait for the .46? Heres what you need!

www.smithwessonhandguns.com...

If I had it, no I wouldn't turn it in for $50!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Laughing at mythical guns is fun and all but be careful.

We still have a percentage of fools among us who are convinced people are walking through metal detectors with magic ceramic and or polymer guns

Then there's the "Black Talon" armor piercing idiocy.

It's all fun and games until some idiot starts believing it.

Now, off to the airport with my .46 magnum ceramic assault revolver loaded with armor piercing hollow points.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
has anyone bothered to research who or what is behind all of this?
could it be a cia operation trying to put guns in the hands of some obscure tribe or village who opposes or stands in the way of the agency's short term goal in that region ?
maybe it's black water buying up some covert weapons that would not have to be shipped to their next field of operation.
i think if D.D. gets a star from me it will only be after he lays out the rest of the story here. i need some things answered and they can only be answered with the whole investigated story and not just a snippet of it.
isn't this a conspiracy site? this thread is only propaganda without the story fully investigated before posting a thread about it.
two thumbs down until project is complete .

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is to skeptic_al, I'm glad you are not in our government and have no authority to make any decisions. You are the type of person just like 99% of the rest of the people in government who does not belong there. You are also the reason I have a 12 gauge mossberg and over 1000 rounds of ammo at my disposal right at the moment. Your type of ignorant people are going to run this country in the ground. There will ALWAYS be criminals and people who do harm to others... it is human nature. Every citizen in the world is entitled to the right to protect themselves, their family, and their property. I have not had to pull my gun on anyone yet... but if someone breaks into my house they will be shot, no if's and's or but's.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

These idiotic things have always gone on. It's not a new phenomena.

The only ulterior or sinister motive I've witnessed was the departments involved with the buybacks at $100/pop (usually "donated" i.e. not there money) would turn around and sell the firearms for profit. Usually legally in another state but occasionally illegally to criminals if my childhood news watching memory serves me well. Which is one of the reasons 'buybacks' may actually contribute to the number of phantom guns on the streets.

Maybe the sinister motives have grown to be more complex as you suggest but I dont see how that would alter the spirit of the thread.

There was a 'buyback' and nobody came is the topic.
A sponsored buyback to arm thugs killing people halfway across the world is another topic entirely. Besides, have you ever seen what a 'buyback' brings in? The guns they are currently using in third world countries to arm their pointless genocides are by leaps and bounds better and cheaper. Why arm yourself with grannies single shot .22 from Podunk, USA when you could arm yourself with an AK the Soviets left behind for less?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
Crikey, If nobody had a Gun, people would have to get along and respect
each other like in a community.

Sure, just look at Great Britain.

Five fatal UK stabbings each week, figures show

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well I don't think we're getting a convert with this guy anytime soon but I sure am gad there are still some out there that share my view of gun control being idiotic. The stabbings are a great example.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I believe everyone should own guns - especially in this economy - that is what will keep America Safe - Look at examples of other countries that gave up their guns - Germany, Japan, Russia all gave up their guns because the Government ordered them to.

That is why we have a constitutional right to own guns - so that the Government cannot take over the country - or at least it will make it harder for them to do so.

America over the last 8 years has lost tooo many of its freedoms - don't let guns be one of them. Once you allow this then there will be no stopping anyone that wants to take every last freedom away.

This Credit crunch in my opinion is one of the many ways that bankers are trying to squash America and its people and the pity of it is that our so called leaders are all a part of it.

Speak UP and Speak Out - or you will be silenced before you know it.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think this is funny that they are even surprised by the fact that the have no support for this. I hope they are waking up to the fact that anyone who supports this will be committing political suicide.

Even the liberal friends I have have are now buying AK's, shotguns, and a bunch of ammunition.

Perhaps it has something to do with a lack of trust in the govt. and them seeing families instead of high schools or soccer teams doing car washes asking for money to feed themselves.

Maybe they realize that they can only count on themselves to get things done.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If guns kill people then…
- pencils miss spel words.
- cars make people drink drunk.
- spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Communities are power structures. The buyback is an attempt to reorient the power structure in favor of the PTB. A community is only kept together and peaceful by the nature of its power structure. Look at a prison, one guard in a tower with a rifle can control hundreds of prisoners as he has untouchable power. Or look at a wolf pack, the biggest, physically and mentally strongest wolf rules. Guns in the hands of community members simply eliminate the ability of strong to control weak and equalize the society so that issues can be discussed rather than fought over. It is human nature that someone will always try and take power over others, wether by fist, rock, knife or gun. Equalizing that physical force by making it available for all allows a civilized society to exist and thrive. If criminals knew they were to be confronted by a barrage of lead from every house broken into or every person robbed and that all fellow citizens would come to the aid of the attacked, crime would be virtually non-existent as the criminals would either be dead or be influenced by society to curb their personality traits that led them to such behavior.

The buybacks reorient the power structure away from the people where our constitution has placed it. This allows the proliferation of tyranny from the petty tyrant of a corrupt cop to the highest levels of government. It reorients responsibility away from the individual and places it in the hands of an unknown entity collectively known as "the state". This goes against the very grain of what it means to be an American... Independent, free and self responsible.

My sidearm is on my hip as it always is and I will continue to exude civility and politeness to my fellow humans until individuals or groups exhibit behavior that requires a different response from myself.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think everybody needs one of these. Its called a Wall or Rampart gun.
It has a 1.1 inch bore, 49 inch barrel, fires a 1 pound lead ball and uses 250 grains of fffg black powder. It was used on the walls of forts to harrass cannoneers and coulds hoot out to 500 yrds with great acuracy. The dame thing weighs 27 pounds and is a real hoot to shoot, specialy at night. The guy who built it is firing it. His name is Ed Parry! He is a master gunsmith and craftsman. and one riot to be around:

and hereshis website. His flintlock and percussion rifles are some of the best in the entire world. Check out his page and gallery!

www.blackhartlongarms.com...
Zindo

[edit on 12/31/2008 by ZindoDoone]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join