It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gun Buyback' Organizers 'Irked By Lack of Support'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

'Gun Buyback' Organizers 'Irked By Lack of Support'

www.denverpost.com

Denver Million Family March organization leader Alvertis Simmons said a lack of support from the community has been an "appalling silence."

"It's not always about the money. I asked people to come, to care about safety, to care about the community," Simmons said. "We did this to make a statement against gun violence."

Holmes said the politics surrounding gun control was probably a factor in the lack of financial help and the absence of community support from groups such as lawmakers and the Denver Broncos.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
LOL, gun-grabbers offer a "buyback" program, offering a measely $50 bucks, then rescend that when they don't have the funding, and expect the sheeples just to all come down in droves to turn their PROTECTION in to them for FREE?

And they're wondering why there's a "lack of support"?

Funniest part about this is that it was held in DENVER, where the DNC cesspool of trampling of rights just occurred...As if everyone in that town wants to hand in their weapons so they can be even MORE helpless as the Fascist Police state takes hold.

www.denverpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread has been up for 1 minute at time of my reading and already has 2 flags? Honestly people.

As far as the gun buyback thing goes, it's not too surprising. Every day, our gun rights are diminished more and more.

[edit on 12/30/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This sounds like something I need to try.Advertise that I will give fifty bucks for any working firearm to get them off the street.There should be some fools out there that would fall for it.I could get my hands on some pretty cool equipment for just a few dollars.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As a collector of guns, I think I'll get a small group together, we'll pool our money, and pull this same stunt.

We will have guns in no time, and for only $50 apiece. We'll get some junk of course, but you can believe that there are idiots who don't know what they have, and will turn loose of some good pieces.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I always get "irked" when my own stupid and ridiculous ideas fail to gain popular support and acclaim as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There was one of these last week, I forget where, that wasnt able to get any funding and told people handing in guns that if they wanted to be sent the money they would have to leave a copy of their I.D. and a signed statement.

So much for "amnesty".

These things are a joke every time they are done. Just a pointless "feel-good" exercise for the hopeless hoplophobes.

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That's probably because people are paying VERY close attention to gun-rights right now. And with a new POTUS coming into office who has quite the track record with gun-rights, and these types of gun-grabbing programs being churned out like hotcakes all over the nation, people are right to be concerned IMO.

link   
reply to post by dooper

I'm all over that! We'll even be nice and offer $100 for assault riffles!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I wonder if you couldnt park your car right there at the "buyback" and set up a table offering $25 more than the buyback? There arent any laws I can think of that would prevent you from doing it except in MA where you're only permitted so many FTF transactions a year. Still you could get something from a granny or otherwise ignorant for next to nothing.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hah. Wish I was a firearms dealer in Denver.

I would have opened up a stand right across the street...

"$50.00 coupons off any gun in our store! Today only, get 'em while they're here!"

Then we'd see where the crowds went.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Only an idiot would be willing to succumb to outlandish propaganda by willfully giving up their arms before they take their last breath.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Mark my words. I, and everyone I associate with, will never give up our small or side arms and never live to see them taken from us! That's a promise to those who think they can.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I work part time in a gun shop. I just called my buddy and asked him what he thought of the citizen buy back program mentioned here. It intriqued him and he said he's going do some research into what the down side might be. I let ya know what he comes up with either pro or con!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They used to do it for 100$, and the gun did not have to be in working order. I know a guy that had a garage full of junk guns that he had for parts, and to try and piece together some guns. He went down and sold a lot of the really crappy ones, and made a ton of cash off it. He was selling them 5 and 10 dollar guns that were rusted, broken, smashed, ect for 100$ each!!!

He took the cash and bought new good guns!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Let me quote Joe Biden... "You're not taking my nine."

Any deals out there on .223 ammo?

I had to ask, otherwise it would have been a one liner...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by SonicInfinity

That's probably because people are paying VERY close attention to gun-rights right now. And with a new POTUS coming into office who has quite the track record with gun-rights, and these types of gun-grabbing programs being churned out like hotcakes all over the nation, people are right to be concerned IMO.

Yeah we are having runs on ammo here where I live.

As soon as new stock is in, it is bought out in certain types
at stores with the lowest prices.

4 shot, 00 buckshot, 000 buckshot, .45 hollow point.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Turn in yer trigger fingers dang nabbit. Turn in your knives and sporks. Drop off your dogs here please.

Ridiculous. I am glad it was an epic fail.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
This thread has been up for 1 minute at time of my reading and already has 2 flags? Honestly people.

As far as the gun buyback thing goes, it's not too surprising. Every day, our gun rights are diminished more and more.

[edit on 12/30/2008 by SonicInfinity]

its becuz dimensional detective is reputable. people believes in everything he says XD.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think this is absolutely laughable that with the way the world is that these nincompoops actually think anyone is going to turn in a gun of any kind for $50, especially when most handguns cost between $250 to $500 per handgun, let alone feeling already like the Government does not protect citizens enough as it is to begin with.

What astounds me is that anyone within Government or any organization actually believes that these programs work. Guns do not kill people, people with guns kill people.

When Government takes away citizens guns, only the Government has guns.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Maybe the Gov should just stop retail selling of Bullets.
That should keep the Constitution freaks happy, you can
buy a gun, you can own a gun, you just can't buy the Bullets.
I'm pretty sure it's not in the constution that somebody must
make or sell Bullets. Just simply make it Illegal to own and
store bullets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join