It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says will give $85 million to help Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

US says will give $85 million to help Palestinians

www.reuters.com

The United States announced on Tuesday it would give $85 million to the UN agency providing aid to Palestinian refugees in the West Bank,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What the???
Is this part of our 700 billion bailout??
Why as a nation we feel we need to hand out our nations money for foreign aid but cant seem to handle our own demsticate problems?
This is just crazy.
Here we are backing Israels choice, but using our tax money to help the other side.
Whats your thoughts??

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

I'm with you. I'm getting so damn sick of the US printing and handing out money to countries when we are going to be joining the rest of the poor world soon. We have our own problems to deal with currently and shouldn't be handing out money to make ourselves feel better.

I'm not saying don't offer political support but lets not print more money that we already don't have.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But the US econmoy is backed up by nothing - so changing a few numbers on a PC screen doesn`t mean a thing

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I agree with you.
Would rather see Israel making a 85 million promise to the palestianians and blaming Hamas for this.
So when is us americans going to start having a say on how are taxed money is going to be spent and who were going give it too.
If we cut taxes and stop sending so much foreign aid out there we wouldnt need bailout funds.
Ugh...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You know sometimes, like right now, I'd like to take one of those foam bats to the heads of our leaders.. (Not hard enough to cause death or serious injury, but hard enough to get their attention and maybe give them a headache.)

Our economy is going down the drain, we have $10 trillion in debt, thousands are losing their homes and jobs, we still have troops in two wars which requires a lot of funding that we really don't have, yet congress gets a raise, we have billions for corporate bailouts and we have $85 million for foreign aid? Maybe when we are reduced to trading seashells for currency they will understand that we don't have the money for them to be tossing it at whatever strikes their fancy. Then again, that would make too much sense so even then they'll be promising 85 million seashells for foreign aid.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong, I am just as humanitarian as the next educated person standing next to me and feel for people of the world and have been to many foreign countrys, but enoughs enough.
Sending money should be last on our list.
I can see sending aid, food, clothing, water, but not financial aid to a crisis thats not even considered a war yet.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by MREALE]

[edit on 30-12-2008 by MREALE]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am surprised theres not much more outrage for this topic.
I dont see the big three companys wanting to give out money for foreign aid, but they can spend thousands on advertisements thanking american tax payers for lining there pockets.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Oh my God is this true?

I swear I could just scream!!!!!!! WTF?

We are broke, they are not our friends, we need to help our own people, who told "them" it is ok to give away our tax money?

I never ever thought I would see the day when the world became so upside down.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Don't worry, I'm sure they already have that end covered.

"What? You didn't receive our money package? Hmmm.... Israel must have rammed into our delivery boat
. Sorry 'bout that. Have a good fight!"

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I love your idea with the foam bats. This should be legal. Not only legal.... it should be mandatory.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So, ah america..
Next time our government asks us to sign on for a billion bailout, maybe we might want to protest it a little more now that we see just how blindsided we were after the last one.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wonderful. Now Hamas can buy another $85,000,000 worth of rockets, mortars, rifles, ammo, and war-making components.

We need an asteroid to nail the hell out of DC while Congress is in session.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
WTF??

Palestinians dance for joy on 9/11

And no .. this is NOT a fake tape. It has NOT been debunked.
There is someone here who tries to claim it has been debunked
but it is very much TRUE.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Wonderful. Now Hamas can buy another $85,000,000 worth of rockets, mortars, rifles, ammo, and war-making components.

We need an asteroid to nail the hell out of DC while Congress is in session.

Jeez, does anyone actually read the source material anymore?

The U.S. funds, which will help cover appeals for aid by the agency for 2009, would pay for urgently needed food, medicines and other humanitarian aid for Palestinian refugees, said the department in a statement.

Of the $85 million, the State Department said $25 million would go to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) emergency appeal for the West Bank and Gaza and the remainder to a general fund run by the agency for Palestinian refugees in the region.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Borrowing money from China or whoever is buying US debt these days to give money to Palestine sounds crazy to me. Oh and in case anyone was wondering I also think giving Israel money and weapons is just as crazy if not more so.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My biggest question is..
"Who makes up the governments mind to send aid, then were do they come up with the figure?"
Ugh...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Charity begins at home!!

This country sends billions of dollars a year to other countries that would just as soon,see us blown to hell. I don't believe in isolationism.However I do believe that this country needs to practice protectionism.Protect our families,our jobs,our monetary welfare.
I don't mean give us all a hand out.Equalize the import tax structures.Fix it where goods from China cost the same as American goods.If we don't manufacture the goods,start manufacturing them.Put people back to work.

This continual hand out of our money over seas,makes me sick.Palestine is and has been a terror supporting state.We owe them NOTHING!!! When did it become our responsibility to wet nurse the rest of the world?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
When did it become our responsibility to wet nurse the rest of the world?

Guilty conscience?

The American government will increase aid for Israeli defense by 25% to $3 billion annually over the next 10 years, Prime Minister Olmert of Israel said.

The American government offered the enlarged aid package when Mr. Olmert visited Washington last month, the prime minister said at a Cabinet meeting yesterday, his spokeswoman, Miri Eisin, said by telephone.

"In addition to the considerable increase in aid, a renewed and explicit promise was given that Israel's qualitative military edge over the Arab states will be ensured," Mr. Olmert said.

www.nysun.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Right on DaddyRoo. Starred!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join