It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says will give $85 million to help Palestinians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
it's not like the US actually has the cash in hand and are walking it across the border to hand deliver it to the Gazans. it's going to a third party - the UN.

Given the restrictions currently in place and limitations in the past and what is anticipated in the future the, Gazan's will never see a dime of that "aid".

It's all for show like so many other things that the US does. Appease the coalition so they can continue with their plans unabated.

LMAO at intrepid - conscience???? The US Gov????? the two just don't go together now do they??? hehehehehe

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
WTF??

Palestinians dance for joy on 9/11

And no .. this is NOT a fake tape. It has NOT been debunked.
There is someone here who tries to claim it has been debunked
but it is very much TRUE.

You are so gullible.
5 Dancing Israelis

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE

What the???
Is this part of our 700 billion bailout??
Why as a nation we feel we need to hand out our nations money for foreign aid but cant seem to handle our own demsticate problems?

Well....maybe government officials, being as smart and brilliant as they are, heard the words "West Bank" and they thought that it referred to a bank, literally,

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Your exactly right! The UN will get the money! What a joke - the Palestinians will be lucky if a third of it makes to them. And who do you think the UN will give it to? Hmmm, maybe the ruling faction for the Palestinians which is Hamas.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
money is for puppet govts.

this makes me think that Hamas is an american puppet

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
85 million just from the US?
I wonder how much more from other countries?
I believe there are only 1.5 million people in the Gaza Strip.
Is every last person in Gaza starving/suffering now?

On the other hand if my math is correct that is about $56.65 USD for every person.
Guess that wont get you too much theese days.

Someone else said " A hungry man will fight. But a starving man will just starve."

Also I would think it is most easy to negotioate with a person facing death.

Tuff call

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

God bless the USA. $85 million to the suffering Palestinians and $3 billion to the Israeli's to help slaughter them.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
America sells billions of dollars worth of Military technology and munitions to Israel. Israel uses it against Palestine , America gives millions in aid to Palestine.

Sounds like a bad joke.

How i wish we could rid the world of these idiots and have a fresh perspective on geo political and global social structural integration.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

The US may back the choice of Israel and a slight ally with Palestine, but if we do not show support for the loser of the ongoing conflicts the reprocussions could be far greater.
Maybe both sides are going to devistate themselves enough to increase US military power. Think about it, the US pretty much controls the world. We are always cleaning up after all of the countries and their decisions to start a war or fire missiles at civilians..... Our military power is the strongest of anyone out there. Look at the weapons being used by the terrorists- ever wonder how they were acquired? This is all a religious war and will not be stopped until both sides are defeated.
Should we take sides or should we sit back, fund the war and see how many people suffer once these alleged 10,000 suicide bombers lay down there efforts for the cause. When will it end- or should we ask what is going to be the breaking point?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
$85 million... That's an awful lot of RPGs to keep the ol' conflict a brewing and a bubbling. Seriously only 1/3 of this money will probably reach where it's supposed to be going the rest is corrupt officials and armaments. I think the US wants this conflict to go a little further than what it is doing.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo

Originally posted by FlyersFan
WTF??

Palestinians dance for joy on 9/11

And no .. this is NOT a fake tape. It has NOT been debunked.
There is someone here who tries to claim it has been debunked
but it is very much TRUE.

I'm sorry but I didnt see anything that would proof or indicate they are celebrating the event of 9-11...

Here is just one example of many which can be found on the net.

Oh, but wait! Could this be propaganda from our government to encourage war?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
wasn't it just last year the US bankrolled Israel to attack Palestine? Or at very least supported them in the media. Another example of the most powerful nations supplying both sides of a conflict to further the financial and political agenda in the Mid East.
I this people the world over ought to be very careful about their lives in the next few years. Stockpile food, collect arms; prepare to defend yourselves from Pain Rays, Plasma rifles and other conceptually insane weapons the NWO will deploy by 2012. Our "Apocalypse" is the end of the Mayan calender. The NWO's "Apocalypse" is something a lot scarier.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I agree, but notice we wont sponsor Israel if they attack Iran, but we are ready to throw money at any other state it decides to attack or at least start a conflict with.
It all comes back to the thought that if our country is in such a financial mess that given more foreign aid no matter what the conflict should be put on hold.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

My point exactly.Why give any foreign country any funds.We sit back when they misuse the funds and say they shouldn't do that.Don't give them the money,if they don't have it what harm can they do. War= Profit
Profit=War If you don't have the money to fight...no war.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by sos37

I agree that the thought of anyone starving or suffering is very bothersome but the problem I have is that there are people here, in our own freaking country starving and suffering. Let's help America first. I thought the point of a government was to take care of it's own before funneling aid to other areas.

I do agree with "Help America First" but let's be realistic about the two places - America has soup kitchens available, homeless shelters and organizations willing to provide meals and clothing. All one has to do is look for them. Even in these tough economic times, there is also ample opportunity in America. If someone wants a job to buy food badly enough, they can get one with no problem. Fast food places are always hiring.

In Gaza, I can't see any of the same being true. But the Palestinians aren't helping their cause by firing a constant barrage of rockets into Israel. My question was, why didn't they sell those rockets on the black market if they were so desperate to feed their people? They could have made a fortune selling munitions like those and fed the people for a long, long time! I guess the Palestinian leaders thought continuing their bloody war more important. It's the children who ultimately suffer needlessly, and that's what wrenches my heart about this whole mess.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
Dont get me wrong, I am just as humanitarian as the next educated person standing next to me and feel for people of the world and have been to many foreign countrys, but enoughs enough.
Sending money should be last on our list.
I can see sending aid, food, clothing, water, but not financial aid to a crisis thats not even considered a war yet.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by MREALE]

[edit on 30-12-2008 by MREALE]

But you as many of the above posters (prior to the quote post) seem to be missing the point, you are not simply sending money to Palestine, the money is being giving to the U.N. to aid Palestinian civilians.

You are a sick self centred people if you cannot see that this is a good deed, you answered you very own statement.. "I can see sending aid, food, clothing, water". Your government is doing exactly that via funding the U.N. (not Palestine) allowing them the collateral resources to provide exactly the resources you mentioned.

I cannot believe you couldn't even understand this yet you and the posters before yourself have the audacity to post as if to you fully understand when missing such fundamental points.

I repeat, the money was sent to an humanitarian aid agency, for Christ sake how hard is it to accept your leaders are simply doing a good thing when so few other nations are making such nice, kind and needed gestures.

This thread isn't about the history, merely a kind token gesture from a nation. Other threads are available in ample measure for you all to whine about relations and historical facts concerning the conflict.

I bet you'd have the cheek to call Bush stupid even after missing such clear fundamental meanings and uses of such a gesture, unbelievable. In fact, why have I just wasted my time as I have a funny feeling you, and others, are way beyond understanding the context of articles with restraint from accounting other variables even when it comes to helping FELLOW innocent humans.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
LOL! The US sends 4 Billion to Israel every year like clock work...

The State of Israel is the US's 51st State.. get it?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You misread...it said the US would give 85 million to American contractors to either build A) Defense shield, or B) Permanant military installation, your right, Palestinians will never see a dime of that cash.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

rather china, us is dead

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
85 million u.s. dollars is a drop in the ocean, the uk gov gave 200 million british pounds to....somalia i think it was, not so long ago, however only around 6% of that sum got to the people that really needed it by the time it got there....

maybe if the u.s. didnt sell depleted uranium, whiskey pete and other (unconventional) weapons to israel to use on gaza (note that i didnt say "to use on hamas), then that 85 million could have been saved for another rainy day in the u.s.......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join