It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 408
<< 405  406  407    409  410  411 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by akjen

go to their site at avo , its already listed

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by akjen

You can listen to Anchorage ATC with winamp/audacious here. (shoutcast stream)

It's bad when you hear the pilots talking about adjusting their flight plan to avoid ash clouds. =)

Ground Traffic Control on the left channel
Approach on the right channel.

pick your pleasure. =)

[edit on 1/27/2009 by startx.jeff]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by startx.jeff

Very kewl thanks.. Yea, my pops was a bush pilot for about 15 years up here; hard enough to stay alive without ash clouds hovering about..

Any ideas about the YML activity?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Thanks - I just went through the articles..

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting article I found: www.katu.com...

Scientific research in Oregon, Washington and Japan tells us that at 9 p.m. on Jan. 26, 1700 AD, a magnitude 9.0 earthquake, centered about 75 miles offshore, ruptured along a 600 mile long fault, running from Northern California to Southern British Columbia, causing untold damage and destruction to the Pacific Northwest coast and the Native American tribal communities that made the coast their home.

Native American oral histories, passed on for generations, echo this event and speak of a great shaking followed by a massive flood (tsunami) that struck the northwest coast.

Now, if anything even close happened like that off the coast - anytime soon, I can't imagine what influence it would have on Yellowstone. But I would make a pretty safe guess, it would not be a good influence. Something like that could set Yellowstone over the edge.

Seems, that this fault produces quakes such as the 9.0 every 300 to 600 years.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
MAN. You guys see this big smack at Redoubt?

www.avo.alaska.edu...

That's a heck of a bang.

You likely know this by now. That was a 6+ around 80 miles south of Redoubt.

Redoubt goes Orange often and it is one of some concern up here. I don't think that earthquake was related however.

The picture below for you volcano fans is a crop from a picture of Augustine. That quake was right next to it. I took this picture from a lookout above Homer, Alaska while it was still smoking a bit. I took it at sunset just before it got to dark. The entire ocean below me was covered in clouds with Augustine sticking up in the distance.

Please do not distribute this photo or use it outside of ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hi Folks, The wave producing part of my program is finished, and many thanks to Shirakawa for the input.

I have placed 2 wave files of the same 'pipecleaner' @06:18 to 06:24 27 Jan 2009. The file ending _002 is a slightly higher pitch than _003. You can get them here:

www.4shared.com...

(Sorry but I don't have another way of doing this at present)

What is particularly interesting is the thumps in tha background. You see none of that on the seismograph. Are these little eqs in the park? Perhaps some one could chack against the time?

Re the program I must make it into a standalone now since as I said I use SQL Server 2005, but if you have that then I can let you have the program now, otherwise it will be a few days to convert it.

Edit: I have also put a screenshot from the program of the page on which the wave file is produced showing the wave of the sound.

(Shirakawa - note properly zeroed now!)

[edit on 27/1/09 by PuterMan]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

a while back i head an audio file from the st helens 80 eruption and guess what!!!!!

there are almost exactly alike

job well done

[edit on 27/1/09 by alysha.angel]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Yes I heard that one as well. Fortunately this one does not have the whistle of the magma - yet!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Whoa; that was interesting.. The thumps sound like ultrasound to me, sort of like when a fetus kicks during ultrasound..

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

WOW, I listened to that, is that high pitch ... magma moving? It sounds like some type of whistle.

Good job, getting that... how did you get that?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nice going

I have to agree the 'thumps' sound exactly like the Mt. St. Helens samples that are out there on the web.

It's obviously some sort of electronics signal, but it doesn't sound like any motor or pump I've run into.

M.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yes! I'm still here too (along with the rest of the addicts.) and you will find that I am mostly a lurker and not much of a poster.

I thought I would call your attention to the fact that the "air sampling compressor" was shut off nine hours before that 2.8 bump. Will it re-start when mother nature once again begins slowly prying open the squeaking door I previously aluded to?

It might be a good research subject. I seem to recall one bump that came during the "compressor" cycle, however it was from a more remote location.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BOTOH

heres a link with about ys research from a ats member 6 years ago , yeah its outdated but very informitive.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27/1/09 by alysha.angel]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I say we need any new thread items to pop up on our phones/email during the day! Everything else comes across my blackberry so why not something interesting like my ATS thread updates? Hmm..could code that but sounds like work and work is best left to others typically lol...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ok - so IDAHO? There isn't an actual true date and time yet - as it is on RSOE.
But take a look at the line these quakes are making.
Yellowstone and right over to our beloved California.

visz.rsoe.hu...

-20090100-141831- Common Alerting Protocol
Magnitude 3.4 (Minor)
# Date-Time [UTC] 00 December, 2009 at 00:19:08 UTC
# Local Date/Time Wednesday, December 0, 2009 at 17:19 in the afternoon at epicenter
Location 41.9640 -114.0930
Depth 16.00 km (9.94 miles)
Region
Country
Distances 35.65 km (22.15 miles) S of Oakley, Idaho
Affected people
Source USGS-RSOE
Generated Tsunami Not or no data!
Damage Not or not data!

edit - because I can rarely do it right the first time.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Thanks for your work!
Is SQL Server Express 2005 or 2008 ok anyway? It's available for free from Microsoft.

Quick suggestion for the program:

Could you add two labels, one of which tells the user the sample rate of the original file in Hz (in the image the pipecleaner signal is from LKWY, which has a delta of 0.025 = 1/0.025 = 40 Hz), and the other one the sample rate of the resulting wave file?

It would be more intuitive if instead of having a generic negative "sample rate factor" there would be a positive and effective "sample rate (speed) multiplier". So, to make a LKWY signal audible we would have to select a 50x multiplier to make the sample rate of the resulting wave file 40hz * 50 = 2000 Hz.

Another label which tells the user how long in minutes:seconds is the audio file before and after multiplying the sample rate would be useful too!

EDIT:
as from what it looks your program already does what I would need it to do, there's no need anymore for you to make me a small applet to extract seismic wave data only from VASE files! You can concentrate on your program only now

EDIT2:
I read this caption from your image: "Incoming wave data will be clipped at +/- 32500 to lessen spikes". Could this value be user selectable instead of hard coded and show in bold red if data has been clipped?
Could you also add a "Normalize maximum peak to +/- 1 (-0 dB)" checkbox below or near the "Adjust Offset" one?

[edit on 2009/1/28 by Shirakawa]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A very weird quake happened this morning. I am inserting it here, though it is not right by YS, but I have not seen a quake in this area before.

It seems things are happening in lots of weird places.

MAG UTC DATE-TIME
y/m/d h:m:s LAT
deg LON
deg DEPTH
km LOCATION
MAP 3.4 2009/01/28 11:19:09 35.120 -97.872 5.0 4 km ( 3 mi) S of Amber, OK

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirakawa

Hi Shirakawa, yes I knew the labelling was all wrong - it's a throwback to when I had not worked out what to do with all the data and really did not understand what I was doing! (Mmm) Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Yes SQL Server 2005 (or 2008) Express free from Microsoft is fine. I still think I need to create a version that does not require this however.

I will work on the other bits, but later today I will post a version of the program and and an empty database so you can try it out. Actually I will post a backup with all my current data so you can carry on from that point. The data runs from the beginning of Jan.

[edit on 28/1/09 by PuterMan]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Hi Shirakawa, yes I knew the labelling was all wrong - it's a throwback to when I had not worked out what to do with all the data and really did not understand what I was doing! (Mmm) Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Still a work in progress then, ok, we'll wait and see

Yes SQL Server 2005 (or 2008) Express free from Microsoft is fine. I still think I need to create a version that does not require this however.

Ok, I'm downloading right now the 2008 version!

I will work on the other bits, but later today I will post a version of the program and and an empty database so you can try it out.

Good! I have haven't worked often with databases though, so I'm not very sure of what you're implying with including an "empty data base" (is "filling" a database a simple task?) and this:

Actually I will post a backup with all my current data so you can carry on from that point. The data runs from the beginning of Jan.

Do you mean that you'll include all VASE data since January 1st? That's a lot of data!

[edit on 2009/1/28 by Shirakawa]

top topics

<< 405  406  407    409  410  411 >>

join