It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Er...so I hate to be the one to bring this up
, but I have to admit I found it kind of freaky because up until I clicked this thread I had never even heard of a "super-volcano" -

But after looking at a few of the educational links some of you guys posted, like this one and this video:

I went back and looked at some of those web-bot threads, like this one! and couldn't help noticing these words sound exactly like what's being talked about here.

November 14th onwards:
Giant Loud Noise
Shock
Stunned
Bowl Release
Bladder Release
Shock to the Body which Causes Trauma
Thundering Shock Heard Across the World

Alarm
Release of Forces From Control
Knocking Knees
Fainting
Falling Over
Suppression
Breaking Loose
Cascade Around the Planet

Large Noise Shock
Breaking Fracturing
Control System
Efforts
Push Back

Fishes Seeking to Escape from the Net
Attempt to Flee
Induce a Panic

Panic
Destructive Forces
Vomiting Losses
Panic
Beyond the Realization of the Difficulty
Difficulty
So Large / Unique
Without Previous Experience
Cannot Be Grasped

I know this was already beat to death over the whole earthquake thing and the last thing I wanna do here is resurrect that - just saying you have to admit this sounds waaay more eerily like the eruption of a super-volcano...

Bowl/Bladder release = Caldera/Magma
Without Previous Experience/Cannot Be Grasped = a few posts have already mentioned how seismologists can't really predict the warning signs since such an event has no recorded precedent...
Cascade Around the Planet/Attempt to Flee/Panic = how do you flee a worldwide nuclear winter??

OK, so yeah, not trying to be another fear-mongererer
Just saying these vague, power-of-suggestion terms hit a little too close for my comfort in this case.

Anyway, look at the bright-side if this really does happen soon - sure millions will die - but it will also pretty much prove the web-bot thing is right and global consciousness exists and is tied into the fabric of our reality. That's pretty neat.

So it's win-win?
(nervous laugh)

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
Yes, it was pretty much calm before the swarm. I've read anyway that strong winds can bring much noise in seismograph charts. If in the last days the weather in the area has worsened maybe the "busy" lines in the charts are because of it, and not volcanic activity.

Yes, exactly good point. It might be a combination of both. Look like a decent storm yesterday at least.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I'm not so sure about a web-bot that can't frigging spell BOWEL lol... I've always hoped the higher/global consciousness could be proven with a smaller shock to the system than a supervolcano eruption, but whatever it takes to really change things (necessarily and) for the better, I'm all for it. *gulp*

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Who said anything about BOWEL?

In this case, BOWL applies just fine - as in the Caldera, aka cauldron/cooking pot/bowl shaped depression from where the problem is emanating.

The "bladder" part would be the interpretation of the liquidy-magma filling the chamber until there's nowhere left for it to go - until "nature calls".

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Its been 7 hours since the last EQ in this swarm. This is the longest gap since it started... Maybe its ended...

Take a deep breath, hold it, in a few hours maybe we can forget about it and look for the next Chicken Little to listen to!

TruthHunter

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Sorry I have trouble understanding a methodology that speaks in vague puns however often... Actually the first report of a new bulge in Lake Yellowstone was sometime in '04, I'm pretty sure, or definitely no later. Ever since then it's occasionally been a nagging item for me. ("Nice" to have THAT reinforced now). Around the same time, or not too long after, I saw something on the History Channel about supervolcanos. (There are 4 known ones).

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
just looked at the chart. it seems to calm douwn...... ore silence before the storm?

www.quake.utah.edu

[edit on 29-12-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
just looked at the chart. it seems to calm douwn...... ore silence before the storm?

www.quake.utah.edu

[edit on 29-12-2008 by ressiv]

You might also reference the weather and wind patterns for the area. It may help you all understand why those charts get whacky sometimes during the normal high winds we have out here.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
might just be that the weather storm has lessened its activity, or it was just a normal swarm for real.

edit: oh damn, you were faster rfburns

[edit on 29-12-2008 by th0br0]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
hmm was to early.. big peak now!

www.quake.utah.edu...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
yup; noticed that one too, but not listed here: www.seis.utah.edu... ???

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You only need to look at this map once, (zoom in/out to get the full idea) and you will see that Yellowstone lake is at the center of a previous blast! www.yellowpages.com...

Also I find this odd.

"Scientists monitoring the Yellowstone caldera think that's exactly what has caused the caldera floor to rise by almost 3 inches (7 centimeters) per year over the past three years—more than three times faster than it has more typically risen since observations began in 1923."

I don't know how to fix the link,or the quote sorry!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
seems they are slow with updating .

Update time = Mon Dec 29 7:00:02 MST 2008
Here are the earthquakes appearing on this map, most recent at top ...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The count is at twenty right now... we'll see i guess... But something seems unusual about this.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by razorvocals
You only need to look at this map once, (zoom in/out to get the full idea) and you will see that Yellowstone lake is at the center of a previous blast! www.yellowpages.com...

Also I find this odd.

"Scientists monitoring the Yellowstone caldera think that's exactly what has caused the caldera floor to rise by almost 3 inches (7 centimeters) per year over the past three years—more than three times faster than it has more typically risen since observations began in 1923."

I don't know how to fix the link,or the quote sorry!

I dont quite understand this....Scientists think what caused the caldera floor to rise? Earthquakes
Also the Yellowpages link doesnt work...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the drudge report now has a link about the swarm at yellowstone

2nd line

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Fox News just reported this story of earthquake activity at Yellowstone. It lasted for about 2 minutes the most. I wouldn't think this is really a big deal since earthquakes usually happen at Yellowstone all year round.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Black

Sorry about that, the scientists say it is a rising ball of magma causing the floor to rise. Here is the lik to that article. (If it works) www.livescience.com...

You can simply search on yellowpages maps for Yellowstone lake, then put it on aerial or hybrid to see what it looks like!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Am I the only having connection and speed problems with the Utah university and the USGS Yellowstone earthquake websites? Anyway, activity under Yellowstone lake connected with the reccent swarm seems to have come to a stop. It's been more than 8 hours since the last earthquake.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The wind patterns out here regularly gust and die down quite frequently. These patterns on the charts do indicate some vibrations down there, but alot of it is from the heavy wind gusts.

We have a saying out here...if you dont like the wind right now, wait about 5 minutes and it will change!

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join