It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sumerian tales versus the bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow, those were certainly belligerent responses from EdenKaia and Hanslune. FYI, Kings and Queen's often write fictional books and movies about their adventures. A great deal of world literature involves them. In the hopes that we, the little people, can learn something of ourselves.

Let me show you something. Perhaps picture cards will help you understand.

Giza

Above is the Giza Plateau it is a representation in Stone of your world. The guy who built it was a genius. Three worlds, related to one another as a mother and two daughters. Notice the three small pyramids to the east of the Great Pyramid and three small pyramids to the south of Menkaure's pyramid. One small pyramid on the south of the Khephren pyramid. I won't go into my personal interpretation as you two have worn me down.

GPCS

Above is the cross-section of the Great Pyramid.

Three worlds...one below, one on and one above. The great King comes from the world above. The serpent slithers its way from the pit, arriving first at the queen, the only one who can approach the King.

The Sumerian world and its relation to the rest of the world is as one of those pyramids to the rest, it trys to destroy the other two but cannot. It comes from the world below. It wants to be God and live forever. Knowledge of the three worlds could not be removed from the earth. Napoleon tried, Saladin tried and others have tried. Whenever someone asks me where is my proof, I know then why the pyramid complex was built.

You may ask, how do I know the Sumerian is below and not above? I respond, "parents will never murder their own children." If they are above then they have been murdering their children continually for the last 5000 years.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

You know....that was the longest bit of inconsequential nonsense I have ever seen. That entire post had absolutely nothing to do with the subject we were discussing and frankly, I'm really having a hard time understanding how your mind pieces things together. You seem to just pull random bits of information from the sky and somehow in your head, it becomes pertinent to the topic you are on. Conveniently for you, this excercise in futile randomness can be applied to nearly any topic and could go on and on, forever.

Personally, I believe if you want to spout on about how the sky is blue because my dog barks and there's a lake somewhere in England called the Dhelila which is really quite nice in a photograph, I think you would be better off in the rants section.

I would very much like to continue this discussion, but only if you can give me relevant information. How do the pyramids at Giza tie into Gilgamesh being Nimrod and the Humbaba/Enkidu clone conspiracy? I understand that you are saying all of this because you believe it, but you just aren't making any sense. Your posts jump from one thing to another and the long monologue meant to drive your point home is really just making it stretch farther into the realm of the ridiculous.

If we could please get back to your original comparisons and the legitimate reasons you have for them, then by all means, let us continue. Otherwise, I'll just say you win and move on before I go cross-eyed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jratcliff63367

How do you feel? Do you prefer to shape your beliefs by the writings of ignorant savages from thousands of years ago, or by the absurd interpretations of dead languages by lunatics and fools, or by what we have been able to discern though our senses and the scientific investigation of nature in these modern times?

John

Are you talking about Christians or Sumerians?
It could apply to both. My answer, of course, is no- I support logic and science.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by EdenKaia

You are right, I do that all of the time. I am not sure if I ever really expected you to understand. I understand it though.

Everything has something to do with everthing else. I know exactly who and what the sumerians are; I know what is the point of the bible. they fully reconcile with one another; there is no versus. I know why this thread, discussing this topic exists. Everything has a purpose.

But since you're sitting on the other side of this conversation armed with your theory of quantum gravity, I guess nothing coming from my computer makes much sense.

I'll just melt away now into my world of chaos; I mean order.

PS. Eden is not achievable by some economic or political or religious philosophy. Many people who you probably think make sense already tried and failed. From where you are standing now, seeing it will require your mind to twist to the point it nearly breaks.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

Very well then. I will concede that you are right in the fact that I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about, and getting to that point would require me to bend my mind to the point of breaking. We can agree on this and be happy.

To the OP, I hope all of this back and forth has at least given you some answer to the question you had. Please feel free to keep this going if you still have questions. It's one of my favorite subjects.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh, one last thing regarding my posting the Giza Plateau above. Perhaps this will help it "make sense"...I forgot to mention that the Great Pyramids are considered by many to be the "Bible in Stone".

Many people, including myself see that the pyramids probably served as the source of the spiritual truths later written down in the Bible. I knew I had a point of posting the image, but I haven't forgotten more than most people have learned. Perhaps that can serve as your written evidence of an earlier source Hanslune; that's a big pen.

If there is any truth to this at all, the idea of the Bible sourcing Sumerian tales is ridiculous. I knew that anyway. Unless we want to believe that the Sumerians built the Pyramids at Giza. I am sure someone will propose this, as nothing on Earth can happen without them, right? It's more likely that they got their partial story after visiting Egypt.

the life of the Pyramids is generally considered to be from 2600 B.C., but that is debateable if you're into that sort of thing. I personally think they are one of the only remaining remnants from the Age of Eden. Probably built by Adam after he conquered the whole world; to commemorate his singular accomplishment.

If your spiritual theories and religious theories don't conform to the Pyramids, it's probably wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well Huckfinn

That is a large amount of oddity. So it would seem asking questions about what you are writting about is deemed belligerency hey? In my case I'd say its just puzzlement over what you are saying.

I'll leave the philosphical side of this discussion to EdenKaia, he seems to like it.

Bible in stone huh?

The pyramids age debateable? Yes but only if you know nothing about them.

As Harte did I'll withdraw from this fine converstion exceot to comment on aspects that are fact based AISF. EdenKaia I acknowledge your greater ability to deal with Huckfinn.

Huckfinn, I think you have something to say but like many student's I've seen you are leaving out a lot of what you are thinking. What you are writing is only bits and pieces, you are leaving out links to reasons and logic. This may appear to you to be complete and understandable. ...But it leaves those without the ability to access your brain a bit puzzled.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
Oh, one last thing regarding my posting the Giza Plateau above. Perhaps this will help it "make sense"...I forgot to mention that the Great Pyramids are considered by many to be the "Bible in Stone".
Many people, including myself see that the pyramids probably served as the source of the spiritual truths later written down in the Bible.

Who are these "many people"? The pyramids were a source of spiritual truth for the Egyptians who built them, for the people who followed in that religion, and perhaps even as inspiration to those who look on them now, but how do you mean that they are the source?

I knew I had a point of posting the image, but I haven't forgotten more than most people have learned. Perhaps that can serve as your written evidence of an earlier source Hanslune; that's a big pen.

Hanslune was asking for an earlier source of writing than the physical Sumerian records we actually have. You are saying that the pyramids at Giza contain writing older than that?

If there is any truth to this at all, the idea of the Bible sourcing Sumerian tales is ridiculous. I knew that anyway. Unless we want to believe that the Sumerians built the Pyramids at Giza. I am sure someone will propose this, as nothing on Earth can happen without them, right? It's more likely that they got their partial story after visiting Egypt.

Why is it, exactly, that one would have to believe the Sumerians built the pyramids to believe that the Sumerian texts are archaeologically older than any Biblical text. The oldest account of Genesis is from the Dead Sea scrolls and is nowhere near as old as the Gilgamesh tablets, let alone the Kish Tablet.

the life of the Pyramids is generally considered to be from 2600 B.C., but that is debateable if you're into that sort of thing. I personally think they are one of the only remaining remnants from the Age of Eden. Probably built by Adam after he conquered the whole world; to commemorate his singular accomplishment.

I hate to be a source jockey, but do you have anything on this? I've never viewed the Biblical Adam as the Alexander the Great type, personally, but hey, that's just me.

If your spiritual theories and religious theories don't conform to the Pyramids, it's probably wrong.

How would one's spiritual and religious theories conform to the pyramids? What part of them are we conforming to? Are you saying your theories of the pyramids, which we have yet to really disect?

All I'm asking for is just one post that actually clarifies some of this stuff, rather than just introducing something new and equally unhelpful. I can't even remember your original theory now. At some point it just went off and mutated into something even more strange...

[edit on 10-1-2009 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
As I earlier claimed the right to make comments on factual areas.

I think Huckfinn is claiming that somebody encoded a message into the pyramids, not that there is actual writing there

Oh yeah the Kish tablet was excavated by Stephen Langdon and an Oxford team that worked at Kish from 1923 to 1933

[edit on 10/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

lol

this
IS
not a one
line

__________ < that is tho!

They have nice tablets you can roll on clay and they made the things inside out!!

gotta give it to em they was pretty smart way back then!

Bible does seem to talk about the same thing tbh.. i mean it cant happen twice "this flood" can it?? or did it?

The dates dont match for a start of each "story"..

I dont know what one is "correct" mayb im just abit fikkle like that i dont care
but trying to be logical about the "story" of each given book relevent to the dates i would say Nibiru and all that came "befor" the "printened" bible "or the ten commandments" ect..

But hey i could be wrong and go to hell

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
what I am saying is the use of symbols is communication and the bible is probably a translation of symbols. the pyramid complex as a whole is very large lesson completed in stone. A complex that been on several occasion descrated by the likes of Napoleon and Muslims. they were able to destroy mostly all of the evidence, but they couldn't move those things. the bible contains subtleties that are not present in gilgamesh or the sumerian version of the flood.

two guys escaped death by drowning by building a boat and taking a selection of animals. this one wrote it down first everyone else must have copied it, as a result my long held faith is shaken. are you kidding me? it must not take much to shake your faith.

the only possible explanation for this thread is related to the overall assault upon the western world. this thread, the Noah/Utnapishtim thread, the holocaust never happened thread, the 2012/Planet X threads all the same.

all these threads are a part of an overall effort to upload viral thought in this country. I guess Israel is just going to have to continue the assault upon Gaza to make ya'll stop playing. Perhaps then you'll understand my point.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When Adam conquered the world it wasn't alexander the great type conquest. I forgot I am communicating to people who dwell in the physical/material world.

Adam conquered the world simply loving his wife and children. You wouldn't understand. Sumerians usually don't.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

When Adam conquered the world it wasn't alexander the great type conquest. I forgot I am communicating to people who dwell in the physical/material world.

Adam conquered the world simply loving his wife and children. You wouldn't understand. Sumerians usually don't.

adam who??? I know loads of adams

stop asking questions that LOOP go ur making me ask them lol

we dont know what made us.. not matter how you word it WE DONT KNOW

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Come on dude you have your beliefs, which are apparently nothing. I have mine. The Adam of the bible is a person. The only man to successfully capture the whole world. Many have tried only Adam succeeded or maybe it was his father. either way he did so in ways you could obviously never understand.

Don't despair, even the mongol khans broke down and cried, its to big, noone could take the whole thing. Adam did...by loving his wife and children. he also defeated death. some people just play at a higher level i suppose.

Its actually easy, when you realize there are only two people in the whole world; okay maybe its five or six.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

the only possible explanation for this thread is related to the overall assault upon the western world. this thread, the Noah/Utnapishtim thread, the holocaust never happened thread, the 2012/Planet X threads all the same. All these threads are a part of an overall effort to upload viral thought in this country. I guess Israel is just going to have to continue the assault upon Gaza to make ya'll stop playing. Perhaps then you'll understand my point.

Well, considering that the Noah/Utnapishtim thread began and ended with me, I think I would probably be the best to ask about what it was for, and please trust me when I say that it had nothing to do with a viral upload against the western world.

Actually, if you read the thread all the way through, you will see that I was actually arguing the other side of this debacle back then. I was arguing for the Biblical accounts being older, based on the realism of Noah's Ark vs Utnapishtim's in the descriptions given by both the Bible and the Epic of Gilgamesh. You really should give it a look instead of just quoting it to try and prove a weak point. There is some valid and interesting information in that thread and some that I think you would find interesting. I like arguing both sides of a line. It makes me exhaust the research from every angle before I make up my mind about what is what.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Um...yeah. Adam was given the world. He didn't need to conquer anything. Materially or otherwise. It was already his. Entirely.

Whoa, dude.....did you seriously just call me a Sumerian?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Well obviously EdenKaia, people who disagree with Huckfinn must be Sumerians. Gee can I be a Sumerian too Huck?

He seems to use that word like people used 'Communist' during the 1940-80's. Anyone remotely out of line with his thinking is a [insert descriptive word].

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm thinking about putting that into my signature. Seriously. It's funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Adam was "given the world"? He didn't have to fight or do anything because it was already his?

That's what I am saying. If you know that the world belongs to Adam, Then why are all those people dying?

Answer: Because they reject the truth and instead hold to a lie.

Gilgamesh and Sumerians, as Ham, murder or trespass upon Adam, as Noah. The wars being waged all around the world becuase someone is challenging what you already know. It's what they are famous for. Gilgameshes Epic is about becoming like Adam. Its a story about how Gilgamesh overcomes the truth. Gilgamesh is not Adam, if he were, then why all the killing and hunting? None of this is necessary for Adam. All things are already his.

Now we are getting somewhere...the world belongs to Adam. I knew you guys were just playing dumb noone could be as stupid as you sound.

As for calling you sumerians that's what I will now refer to all people who don't honor Adam's hegemony over his world; bow your necks and spread.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

people who disagree with Huckfinn must be Sumerians. Gee can I be a Sumerian too Huck?

That's exactly my point. You MUST be, I am huckfinn afterall.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join