It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Ban From TV?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

He probably meant the queer looking ones. You know, like on Soap Operas they have that queer looking bad guy. They always look so strange you can tell right away they are the bad guys. They need to make the bad guy look normal for once and not so weird, strange, or queer. Also, to any one who doesn't get it, we are using the old definition of the word. Like using gay for happy and not homosexuals.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Without a doubt MTV...Trash and some of the shows are stupid...In my opinion it caters to the wealthy side of society and this country is made up mostly of middle and lower class and will never see an extravagent lifestyle they live, It is whats killing our youth if you ask me!!!!

Star and flag for good thread OP

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

But I LOVE watching these girls throw a tantrum because daddy only bought them a BMW S Class Series and not an M3! How dare he call himself a good father after spending 30,000 on just the party, not to mention the gifts! But I love Jackass and any thing with Chris Raab and Bam in it! You can't watch MTV like it's a television show, same with VH1. It's a parody of television, keep telling yourself that and laugh so hard you collapse a lung.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Without a doubt " COMMERCIALS "! If I flip to a channel that has one I go to the next and the next until I find one without a commercial playing. :bnghd:

Now if commercials couldn't be banned then it would have to be the WWE. For me it has to be the real deal like " USC or MMA. Wrestling is just so fake, but the fans pay to watch it. And we wonder why our government is in control?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
heh. what I've seen TV come to lately, I'd just ban the coaxial/HDMI jacks so no signal gets in.

MWUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by martalen

I'm with you on that one my friend.
Television has become the junk tube lately. No worry's LOST will be back on in January.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

Yes..The Jackass boys are great, I would like to see them move to Mav TV so MTV can crash and burn....

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Paris Hilton's My New BFF

Or FCC regulations.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ah crap I didn't even think of FOX!!!

Hmmm, MTV vs Fox...

Ah damnit, I'd have to change my vote to FOX

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'd ban anything that caused anybody any kind of problems to watch...
So we'd have to get rid of TVs and most people would have to go outside and do something!

Or, just ban the advertisements, so that the price of having a tv increases (due to shows having to collect from the television companies or viewers directly instead) eventually force it into redundancy.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There is a commercial here that goes on about a company that will help people get Medicare to cover the cost of catheter supplies so they do not have to re-use their needles.

I tell you, no ammount of sex and violence on TV could bother me more than the catheter commercial.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I would ban the stupid reality shows en mass!!!

What the hell do I care about what the "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" are bitching about today?????

Useless mind sucking TV. Pick up a good book instead!

SeeYa!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Without a doubt I would remove Reality Televison. Just the concept of reality mixing with television,something I beileve is to get away from reality,is absurd.Plus they ususally aren't that interesting to watch.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmmm,id like to ban this from TV.........

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Everyone will agree..

"That 70's Show" Does it have to air on multiple channels?

"Ice road Truckers", along with "Dealist Catch", or that other logging spin off... They are watchable but come on.

All Infomercials..

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
GET RID OF ALL COMMERCIALS ! ! ! For starters. Say, how come the women on TV, all look the same? OF COURSE they "have" to be skinny and under 26, but I mean also, the skinny shiny straight low flat hairdos, that hang out in their eyes, and then the giant pillow lips, no matter what their ethnicity. While I'm looking at them, as a mid'aged strait attractive gal myself, I CANNOT RELATE TO THOSE. They remind me of insectoid-evolved humanoid extraterrestrials. Maralyn Monroe was a goddess, and she looked nothing like those cloned xerox'd things. OH I FORGOT. EVERYTHING on TV has to appeal to young strait horny men who adore violence, and ONLY young strait horny men who adore violence. (And oh yeah, stupidity). Therefore, BAN EVERYTHING ON TV that appeals to young strait horny men who adore violence.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'd ban. EmpTV EmpTV2 ,Fuze, Much Music, VH1, and half of the shows about house flipping. How does the Home and Gardens channel get away with it. it's like they are taco bell or something. ever notice that every item on the menu there is exactly the same just presented differently. Ie...taco-tortilla, lettuce, tomato, beans, cheese. burrito= tortilla, lettuce, tomato, beans, cheese. etc... Well that H&G channel is the exact same thing.

Coming up this hour. flip that house. next hour, flipping out, after that don't miss a special episode of sell that house. later on whats my house worth for sale. then don't forget to set your dvr for tonights lineup. rate my space. then fix up my space. re do my room, followed up with lets remodel my kitchen, followed up with a extra special and highly innovative show called lets re do my kitchen cabinetry then flip the house!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
Any thing with a Jew in it. Why? Just to see what would happen. Would we have any shows left? From writers, producers, directors, and actors would there be any thing left? Since they do control Hollywood... For a good reason! Before acting was a glamorus(spelling?) job it was a dirty looked down upon profession. One of the very few jobs a Jew could get. So when it went from a dirty horrible thing too a popular business, who had the experience and the heritage in acting? The Jews! Anyways, I would love for Television too stop for like, a week, with a week long Jew ban just to see what would happen.

man.... i'm speechless

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
my choice would be sean hannity----- i just have a general hate for that man

i used to hate king of the hill----it's growing on me

also---on speed channel---unique autosports,,,

they're not a custom shop---more like king of bolt on crap,,,and spray can paint jobs----go to a real custom shop

now this is custom and truly unique --eat your heart out will castro---you punk, fake wanna be!!!!!!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
MTV.

Or ALL of reality tv. . .
pffft :bnghd:
:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join