It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Ban From TV?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Shortywarn, I was speechless too, when I saw that post. It's straight out of 1939 Germany.
I'm not Jewish, don't know anyone who is, however, I will never forget this warning I heard long ago, and it went something like,"when they came for the communists, I did not speak out. Then when they came for the Jews, I did not speak out. When they came for the disabled, I did not speak out. But when they came for me, there was no one left; to speak out for me.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by simonecharisse]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

You really need too learn how to read the whole thing. Acting was considered the work for scum. The Jews, being considered scum, were about the only ones too do it. But when acting became a big deal the Jews were the ones with all of the experience in acting, putting on shows, so forth. And so when some one claims the Jews control Hollywood, well, they are right. And its because the Jews did the job when no one else wanted too. Same with banking before it was a high end job.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
1John 4:20 "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar; for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God, whom he has not seen?
21: And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God, love his brother also."

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would go for those religious channels. I would replace them with good quality entertainment.

I would also ban Fox news... Juuuuust because.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

You ever see the Evils of Harry Potter? It was hilarious! Sure once you realize they are serious its scary but at first you laugh and laugh!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Without a doubt MTV...Trash and some of the shows are stupid...In my opinion it caters to the wealthy side of society and this country is made up mostly of middle and lower class and will never see an extravagent lifestyle they live, It is whats killing our youth if you ask me!!!!

Star and flag for good thread OP

so true,,,,thaT SWEET 16

my nieces watch it

how many can afford that???? and how does it make kids who don't get that

it plants a suggestion,,,,and that if your not getting that---then your less than

geez 250,000 on a party

and how they exploit kids by not being invited

all those little bratz,.,,,,and every episode they cry like it's the end of the world

truly disgusting

sty

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
5 years too late but I would ban the commercials for credit cards..

sty

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

the religious channels are 100% sponsorised by the viewers, i see no reason to take away their freedom to express their belief. If you do not like it , make an atheist channel - that is real freedom !
not banning someone else.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by sty]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I would ban adds.... well the annoying ones.
And there is this show here in Aus called "Dont forget the lyrics" - its the most annoying show ever and the people are always sooo fake.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Davina Mcall!!

Everytime i see her on the telly, trying to be funny and entertaining,it just makes me squirm with embarassment.

I would ban her!!

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree, most stuff on MTV is pretty bad. Gone are the days when MTV was the station to watch. Now it is the station to avoid.

I am surprised no one has brought up My New BFF or the Simple Life.

I can't stand Full House.

Good post btw.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Keith Olbermann and maybe all of MSGLBT tv.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by DantesLost

I hate "reality" shows. They are the downfall of good TV. I also think there are way too many talk shows and court/judge shows out there. Instead of banning them, I just turn the tube off.

I totally agree with you. Reality TV sucks!

Needs to get off the air.

Write some good shows Hollywood.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would ban paris hilton!!!

Why the hell is she in the UK now!?

On a TV show called, Paris Hilton's British Best Friend. Where people compete to be her best friend!?? Why!?

There was a man, CRYING because he wanted to be her friend...........

Help us! USA this is your creation! You guys must help!

Look at the guy crying at the end! lol

[edit on 5-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Most of that stuff, you can just change channels or block them altogether like I do with make-believe-friend channels.

The one thing I would ban is any reference to urination & farts

I'm tired of hearing some female saying she's going to pee her pants. One stupid comedy, the wife who looks like his mother says "I sit in your pee every morning" in the running joke the networks have about leaving the toilet seat up/down.

Some programs I expect crap like that, so I don't watch. But some programs, just seem to throw lines like that in for no reason but a cheap, but disgusting laugh.

I don't mind sexual references, but human waste is something I don't care to hear about on tv.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is interesting many people here listed they would ban reality shows. I recently saw the classic movie "Network" and TCM, and that film was very close in its predictions in reality programming. I guess we all need to do a Howard Beale and yell out the window: "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

If any of you have not seen the movie, go out and find it in the bargain bin or rental store. It was made in 1976, and has not aged one bit. I still cannot believe it lost best picture to "Rocky", but it may have bit the industry to hard to take home Oscar.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I know which one you are talking about! The woman is like "I always got sick and UTI's from reusing boiled catheters..." There is nothing like getting comfy in your pajamas with some heated up left overs and bam- hearing that commercial to just kill your appetite and destroy your comfor level.

Also, I don't like commercials either, but the ones that are so much louder than the rest of them are the worst! Those "head on... apply directly.." over and over again. YUCK!

Not to mention shows like rock of love bus. That's just nasty.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i do however like vh-1 sober house or whatever it's called,,,,it's pretty real and accurate of addiction,,,
i also liked tom sizemore's reality show,,,,he is one messed up addict,,,and proves money is not always happiness

also like bonaduce's show,,, he's a madman!!!!

but yeah rock of love,,i love new york,,flavor flav are sickening

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

And there was me thinking film makers flocked to Hollywood in the early days because the sunshine Califonia provided,gave great light and long days for filming.

Id ban adverts, why do i need to sit threw 3mins of crap ill never need nor buy ,every 15mins

[edit on 9-2-2009 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This one is easy! Frakkin' infomercials!!! They are undoubtedly the most annoying thing that has ever been broadcasted! If I could choose two, the second would be religious tripe! If you truly want to 'save' me, send me a check!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join