It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Here is a holiday story to brighten your day. It is true and it really happened to me. I went to Virginia to pick up a golf cart I bought on ebay. I borrowed my father-in-law’s trailer for the journey. Everything went great until I got about 10 miles from home. I was on I95 about 5 miles from my exit and the tire on the trailer blew out. By the time I got pulled over the rim was messed up bad so I went ahead and pulled up the ramp to a gas station. Now I forgot to mention it is Sunday December 21st. I am in a small town. Benson NC. I am aware of a hardware store in town but I doubt they are open. I called my wife to let her know what had happened and to ask for the phone number of the hardware store on the off chance that they were open. Of course they were closed. Now this is far from the end of the world, but I really didn’t want to leave the trailer unattended for any time as the golf cart would probably not be there when I returned. Just then a guy drives up in a truck pulling a trailer. He says that he has a rim and tire that will fit mine. It turns out he had just replaced the two tires on his trailer and had the extra one with him. He helps me change the tire and makes sure I got on my way. I paid him for the tire. Now what makes this such a great story is that I could sit at any exit ramp in the United States with a blown tire on a Sunday and probably never have this happen again. But because someone was looking out for me (God), I was fixed and on my way in less that 15 minutes. I was truly blessed to have that chain of events happen. To know that God took the time to look out for me makes my so happy to know that he cares. You may not believe that this was divine intervention, but how else would you explain it? I’ve known me for a long time, and I ain’t that lucky.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Mike.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: N/A

Personal Disclosure: Great story . Made me
. May your Good(God?) Luck continue Merry Cristmas and Happy New Years to you and yours Be safe and have fun.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

i too am from dunn[which probably explains mmy typing skills] and feel God has provided us countryfolk with many blessings, one of them being kind neighbors. it's nice to know there's another ATSer in our little part of the world.:how

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
i forgot to login for my previous reply about our friendly neighbors.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
im going to refrain from commenting on this one. this post has just has me too upset for words.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

I sure hope you get better. Being upset like that can cause heartburn. Life is too short for upset tummys.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

is it so hard to believe that God spent a nano second to send me a little help? I would much rather have seen where world hunger was solved while I sat road side for days. A small sacrifice on my part. But I really was just trying to share an uplifting story to brighten the day. I really don't understand the hostillity in your post. If I could end my life to save two others at this time or any other, I would without hesitation. Please get to know the person you are lighting on fire before they burn up completely.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
is it so hard to believe that God spent a nano second to send me a little help? I would much rather have seen where world hunger was solved while I sat road side for days. A small sacrifice on my part. But I really was just trying to share an uplifting story to brighten the day. I really don't understand the hostillity in your post. If I could end my life to save two others at this time or any other, I would without hesitation. Please get to know the person you are lighting on fire before they burn up completely.

oh, trust me, i havent lit you on fire completely

i just wish that people would think.

i mean seriously, the only reason you seem to think it was god was because your not usually lucky? think about what your saying implies...

it implies that you are special enough that god would help you with something small and mundane, yet he would ignore people with serious or catastrophic problems.

sure the story would brighten your day. but reread what you wrote, and imagine you are a person with a life threatening or traumatic problem. how would you reading this text make you feel?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

But what if you were someone like me on that day. the chances of that happening have got to be worse than getting struck by lightning, while clutching the winning lottery ticket with one hand and fighting off the shark attack with the other. I get what you are saying. I really do. but I had a feeling that it was more than luck. I have plenty of bad things going on in and around my life to know that God does not answer all my prayers. but I don't resent him for that, I thank him for the ones he does answer.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
the chances of that happening have got to be worse than getting struck by lightning, while clutching the winning lottery ticket with one hand and fighting off the shark attack with the other.

god does answer prayers, but sometimes getting lucky is just that. getting lucky.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
While we can't expect God to fix every thing for us, we can appreciate it when he does help us out. If network dude wants to see this as a personal love note from God, then so it is.

Personally I've been left on the side of the road for nearly 2 hrs. while I waited for a spare tire for a boat trailer. I can see how much of a "lucky" thing this is. In a strange town on a Sunday, when someone just happens to have the exact special tire you need. That's not luck.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

it appears we aggree. I am glad I didn't have to fight off a flame war with such a beautiful woman. have a nice day and I hope God answers the prayers that matter most to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
In a strange town on a Sunday, when someone just happens to have the exact special tire you need. That's not luck.

ok, ill play along.

how does god's intervention in this case bring glory to god?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Through network dude's attribution in the original post, and by encouraging other who may read it. If he uttered a simple "Thank God" when the man offered to sell him the tire he needed, then wouldn't that be bringing glory to God?

Through this action God is bigger, more real, and more personal to network dude. God works on a case-by-case basis. He just happens to be a good multi-tasker.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Old man lying by the side of the road
With the lorries rolling by,
Blue moon sinking from the weight of the load
And the building scrape the sky,
Cold wind ripping down the allay at dawn
And the morning paper flies,
Dead man lying by the side of the road
With the daylight in his eyes.

Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning,
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around.

Blind man running through the light of the night
With an answer in his hand,
Come on down to the river of sight
And you can really understand,
Red lights flashing through the window in the rain,
Can you hear the sirens moan?
White cane lying in a gutter in the lane,
If you're walking home alone.

Just find someone who's turning

Just find someone who's turning

[edit on 18-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Through network dude's attribution in the original post, and by encouraging other who may read it. If he uttered a simple "Thank God" when the man offered to sell him the tire he needed, then wouldn't that be bringing glory to God?

Through this action God is bigger, more real, and more personal to network dude. God works on a case-by-case basis. He just happens to be a good multi-tasker.

i dont know how to get into this discussion without making the mod´s head´s explode.

dont mean that like i would be cursing but for me to even begin to relay my experiences would require talking about things you just dont talk about on a public forum.

to anyone who reads this thread who has a major problem they are facing (not minor, major) will likely feel discouraged.

i read it, and im thinking, wow. god thinks this guys golfcart is more important than me.

really im sorry for exploding before, but this thread doesnt make me feel good about anything.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

He expressed what happened to him, and he believes it is god. Why is this effecting you so much, just because he believe something good happened to him, and he thought it was god, is no reason to get upset. It is his personal verification, not yours.

Also, what happened, happened. Whether it was god or not.

Please, don't take everything to heart.

Better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

~ Chinese Proverb ~

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
and he thought it was god, is no reason to get upset. It is his personal verification, not yours.

Also, what happened, happened. Whether it was god or not.

your right.

im sorry for going overboard.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You don't need to apologize to me, i was not offended, and i don't think anyone else was too. I think you need to calm down for yourself. Your post sounded like you were having an emotional breakdown.

Peace,

-Arcon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join