It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Hmm, could happen. Bush's last hoorah too force Obama to keep a war going that the GOP started to get more money for Halliburton. Although I wouldn't mind an Israeli controlled Middle East. A lot less terrorists too fly airplanes in to our buildings.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
John, Are you serious, so if an invading force lands in the US and takes control all Americans are going to kow tow to the new regime, really, are you sure?

The norm is that when another peoples land is occupide and stolen from them and a murderous regime is in place the norm is for the indigenous people to fight back or are you saying that they should not do that. I just want to know so when the US is invaded it will be a pushover as everyone will accept the new regime and give up all their rights, land, wealth and all the rest of it.

If you can just make you position clear on this matter for me.

The conflict in Israel will not end whilst the Jews are traking every bit of grounf they can from the Palestinians, they who have every right and should use every means to protect themselves and their land form murderers and thieves.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
GAMER, I see you have a problem in answering questions and telling the truth, yes.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

This seems to be your single point that you're hanging on to and it is quite a weak one. In fact, it is a pretty pathetic argument.

Answer me this, what food are they supposed to buy? There is none.

And you claim they use food convoys as covers to buy arms, but provide no evidence. Are you saying the UN (the organisation who convoyed in the food) was allowing the Palestinians to use their convoys as covers? I say was, as even the UN convoys are barred from entry into Gaza now. If you must know, they tend to smuggle arms in through tunnels on the Egyptian border. They have rarely, if ever, got weapons through normal border access points, even before the blockade.

A war crime, by the way, if ever there was one. Even the Serbs allowed UN aid convoys into Sarejevo during the siege. But I don't suppose you minded the Bosnians spending their money on weapons instead of food then, no?

Are you also claiming every civilian in Gaza is using their money (which is worth nothing) to buy weapons instead of food? I would like to see evidence.

You've been here a couple of months, so you know you need to back up your claims. Please do so.

Have you seen a map of the land the Jews were "given" in 1947? Have you seen how it was supposed to be divided? Have you seen a map of now and what land they have grabbed with their illegal settlements? Have you even looked into the history of this conflict?

It seems to me you're woefully ignorant of a great many facts pertaining to this region and would be wise to educate yourself.

If that is you in your avatar, you look very young, so I could put down your singlemindedness as youthful naivety and a tendency to see things in black and white. But please, for the love of all things holy, don't be so ignorant of the facts or blindly believe whatever the tellybox told you.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

JERUSALEM—Since Hamas’s violent takeover of Gaza one year ago, Israel has transferred nearly 25,000 truckloads of fuel, food, medicine and other supplies to Gazans through the Sufa, Nahal Oz and Karni border crossings. Weighing in at 580,000 tons of humanitarian aid, if the total were divided evenly among Gaza’s 1.4 million residents, a typical family of five would have received more than 2 tons of food and supplies over the past 12 months.

Hamas’s position, on the other hand, is much less tenuous. They see their own people—like the mortar shells they launch from residential districts inside Gaza—as expendable. They attack the border crossings that supply their own people with food—baiting Israel to choke the flow of humanitarian aid—knowing, if they do, that the international news media will roundly excoriate Israel for “causing” Gaza’s humanitarian disaster.

www.thetrumpet.com...

I still feel this is an Hamas induced crisis intended to gain sympathy from the world community while they continue to bombard Israel and build up their weapon supply.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just read on Debkafile the Hamas gunmen have fired ground to air missiles at Israeli helicopters. Where do Hamas get this weaponry from?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Have you seen a map of the land the Jews were "given" in 1947? Have you seen how it was supposed to be divided? Have you seen a map of now and what land they have grabbed with their illegal settlements? Have you even looked into the history of this conflict?

You mean AFTER ISRAEL WAS ATTACKED BY SEVERAL NATIONS! And then won, and won land after being attacked. Yeah, I feel so bad, not.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
You are correct that there are 2 sides to this issue. But even you should be able to admit that if the Palestinians wanted to they could easily smuggle in food as easily as they do their weapons.

Tunnel smugglers fill the gaps, bringing in contraband drugs and guns and more mundane items like frilly underwear and laptop computers, as well as exotic animals like the lion and lioness that pace in a cage at the Rafah zoo.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for showing me an excellent piece of propaganda media. Do you think food is not smuggled into Gaza? Both food and weapons are smuggled by those who can afford to pay for it. Most can't and most are people like you and me who want to live a life peacefully. Of course there are also terrorists and I will never advocate terrorism. If your theory about 'being dead already' would make sense, then no one would live in Africa anymore.

I will tell you a story. A couple of days ago there was documentary on TV in which a Dutch Israeli girl and a Dutch Palestinian refugee went to Israel together to show the public that this conflict has more than just the Israeli side (like many Americans seem to believe). They visited a Palestinian family in Hebron which was forced to barricade their door to prevent angry settlers from beating them up. These settlers want them to sell their house but this Palestinian family refused to move. Two months later the settlers set their house on fire and the problem was solved. now this is what you are not shown on American tv.

They also visited an Israeli man who lost his daughter because of a suicide bomb attack as well as a Palestinian man who lost his 10 years old daughter who was brutally shot by an Israeli soldier while buying candy on the street. Instead of feeling hate, they decided to meet up and start an institution to stop the hate towards each other. This is just an example to show that the majority of Palestinians is not like the stereotypic terrorist idea Americans have about Palestinians.

Once again I will ask what makes one's acts any better by starving an entire people in comparison to firing missiles on innocent Israelis.

And yes, I am angered by the stupidity of particularly, Americans. Many of them think they are so smart, know everything, but in reality they have no clue about how this world works. In fact, most haven't even been abroad once (and I don't mean a trip to the red light district in Amsterdam), but they think they are so clever while their entire opinion is based on the #ty and censored American media.
You should come to Holland to find out how objective mainstream media works, then you will understand the lies you are being indoctrinated with.

It seems no one has a good answer to my question. So once again I will ask what makes firing missiles on innocent Israelis worse than the Israelis starving Palestinians.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Mdv2]

link   
but should´nt the news title say Hamas retaliated with rocket fire when israeli troops killed 3 hamas soldiers , or something in that direction ,

pretty yellow journalism in my opinion

link   
double post

[edit on 24-12-2008 by zerbot565]

link   
Jam, thats the problem and you raise a valid point, both sides have their radicals and they are both quite happy to sacrifice their own people for the cause. Like everywhere we need to be free of the extremists and allow logic, common sense and peace to be injected into these conflicts.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have been asked that if it was reversed, would I feel the same? Yes! If the Jews day in and day out attacked civillians, and only civillians. If the Jews smuggled in weapons to use and kill babies and toddlers and children and pregnant women, I'd be on the Palestinians side. But nope, they kill a hundred babies, Israel kills a terrorist leader, and the Jews are the "evil" ones.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Gamer, still avoiding the truth and the questions I see, obviously you know you story is flawed as you cannot provide the proofs to back up what you claim to be the truth.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So what you are saying is.....

No Israelite has ever killed an innocent Palestinian right?

The cases of the Israelie snipers shooting school children and torturing farmers and innocent Palestinian workers...

But i guess Fox news doesn't show you this does it?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by raymond68

They get these weapons from Iran and Syria.

How they get into the country is something I would like to know.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
Everyone living in Israel has to obey the laws of Israel, just like in the USA. If an ethnic group started taking up arms and launching missiles into Florida, what do you think the US would do? Israel has the same right to use force in order to keep law and order, and to keep the peace. If a group became involved in seditious activity and bombings we would destroy them.

That analogy doesn't apply as Palestine is seperate from Israel. Israel has encroached further and further since the 1947 borders and has taken most of the good land of the Palestinians.

These arguments that Israel stole land from Palestinians is hypocritical. How do you think we got our land? Most countries were taken over by more powerful and more advanced civilizations at one time or another. That does not give anyone the right to engage in seditious and murderous activity against the citizens or government of the country in which they live.

They don't live in israel. Another one who is ignorant of the facts. Look at this and tell me they haven't stolen land, even if we agree on the original 1947 partition:

I observe the news too...for more than 40 years....and I see it is always the Palestinians or some other Arab people that breaks the peace with bombings aimed at Israeli citizens.

Bollocks. The Lebanon War was started by an Israeli incursion into Lebanon. The rocket fire didn't start until after israeli aircraft carried out their first raids. I also believe the 1967 conflict was started by Israel. Also, this latest uprising was began by IDF ships attacking a family on a beach, breaking the Hamas ceasefire.

Treat them like human beings.

Indeed, but they don't and haven't, leading to revolt after revolt. Israel is as much to blame as any militant group, with the civilians caught in between on both sides.

[edit on 24/12/08 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

that and go read up on some history , sorry
dont mean to be rude and do not wish to be.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
dp

[edit on 24-12-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Now watch some quality piece of journalism, in contrast to the crappy **SNIP** you are being shown in the US.

Makes you understand why many Americans think the way they do.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Mdv2]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
You mean AFTER ISRAEL WAS ATTACKED BY SEVERAL NATIONS! And then won, and won land after being attacked. Yeah, I feel so bad, not.

Unilateral annexation of land is illegal. Answer that one, smart arse.

You can't just go round grabbing bits of land. Also, the creation of the Israeli state caused immense anger in Arab circles as it gave land owned by one group of people to another that has no claim to be there! 95% of the population of Israel is Ashkanazi, meaning they are not even Semetic and hence are not descended from any ancient Israeli's that lived there over 2,000 years ago, but I guess you have no clue what any of that means.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join