It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket misfires, kills 2 girls in Gaza

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So.... people are saying that its OK for Israel to blockade the Palestinians to the point of starvation because there may be terrorists in the area.

Its the same old chestnut. Some people in the area are terrorists, but not all of them. Why should the many suffer because of the few?

For example, some US soldiers in Iraq have behaved reprehensibly, and bought shame on their comrades by their actions. Would it be right for us to condem all US soldiers? No.

I can't understand why people only seem to want to see the world in black and white when its a whole myriad of shades and colours. Its a very simplistic and dangerous way to view the world.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 24/12/08 by neformore]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Jews are people of the book and are not forbidden from living in the Middle East. They made great contributions to human civilization during the Golden Age of Islam when the Caliphate resided in Baghdad. Jews and Arabs are brothers, sons of Abraham.

This hate and mass stupidity is a fairly recent event.

While were on stupid ideas, maybe we could just give the entire Middle East back to the Turks, have a new Sultan and be done with it.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
John, If you going to quote god quote all of it, God made the commandments for his chosen people and said, I will punnish those who break my laws well the Jews have certainly done that so if he's going to punish anyone its going to be his chosen people.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The Palestinians have access to Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt via routes not blocked by Israel. In fact the only place they are being blocked from going by Israel is Israel.

It is interesting however that the surrounding mostly Muslim countries want nothing to do with the Palestinians. These countries could easily help the Palestinians but they choose not too.

I think the problem is that most Palestinian deaths are at the hands of other Palestinians. It would appear that absent Israel, the Palestinians would still be in a state of perpetual fighting, suffering and death at their very own hands. That is why even their own fellow Muslims will not lift a finger to help them and won't let them seek refuge or food from them. They understand the truth of the Palestinians.

If most Palestinians are not to blame, why do they not take matters into their own hands and stop the insanity they bring on themselves? They are their own worst enemy. They bring all the suffering on themselves.

The number of Jew Haters on ATS and their brazen, cavalier attitudes about it never ceases to amaze me. Even the KKK knows to hide their faces and whisper in secret.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It takes far more heart, honor and courage to resist non violently than with violence.

The South Africans and the Indians were oppressed and persecuted, but peace brought them out of oppression.

The Palestinians can do what they have done. All they need is real leadership.

This isn't about being sheep or being silent. It is far from cowardice. It is the most honorable and virtuous thing to do. Real martyrdom comes not from death in battle but sacrificing one's life in peaceful resistance.

The Christians brought down the most powerful empire, the Roman Empire, on the face of the earth over 1500 years ago. Not by the sword but through peaceful resistance and martyrdom.

The Palestinian people can follow history's examples and with determined will they will have the liberty they seek.

The path of violence will only lead to more violence.

That path must be abandoned.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The Palestinians have access to Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt via routes not blocked by Israel. In fact the only place they are being blocked from going by Israel is Israel.

It is interesting however that the surrounding mostly Muslim countries want nothing to do with the Palestinians. These countries could easily help the Palestinians but they choose not too.

I think the problem is that most Palestinian deaths are at the hands of other Palestinians. It would appear that absent Israel, the Palestinians would still be in a state of perpetual fighting, suffering and death at their very own hands. That is why even their own fellow Muslims will not lift a finger to help them and won't let them seek refuge or food from them. They understand the truth of the Palestinians.

If most Palestinians are not to blame, why do they not take matters into their own hands and stop the insanity they bring on themselves? They are their own worst enemy. They bring all the suffering on themselves.

The number of Jew Haters on ATS and their brazen, cavalier attitudes about it never ceases to amaze me. Even the KKK knows to hide their faces and whisper in secret.
wow what a great post .. i wish i wrote it.. a happy christmas to one and all....

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Jews are people of the book and are not forbidden from living in the Middle East. They made great contributions to human civilization during the Golden Age of Islam when the Caliphate resided in Baghdad. Jews and Arabs are brothers, sons of Abraham.

This hate and mass stupidity is a fairly recent event.

While were on stupid ideas, maybe we could just give the entire Middle East back to the Turks, have a new Sultan and be done with it.

I don't hate people but evil ideas and what people do. Hate the sin not the sinner.

As for the Palestinians, it is their prerogative to despise Israel and everything it stands for.

You are correct about the Islamic caliphate, Jews were protected subjects and those Jews that were purged out of Europe were given sanctuary. Glad to see a zionist admit this.

This hate you speak of is new and a product of Israel. That is why all this is not about anti Judaism but is about anti Israel.

The idea of the pathological hatred of Jews is a European concept born of the crucifixion of Jesus by the Pharisees and completely alien to the Arab mind. Nevertheless, zionist throw about this allegation for their advantage with Western audiences.

Arabs and Muslims couldn't give a toss about someone being a Jew. It does not matter and it is irrelevant. Only because the biggest pushers of Jew hatred are Jews that this has entered discourse amongst supporters of Palestinian patriotism in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why should Palestinians cut their noses to spite their faces. Odd that you think Palestinians should do Israel's job. It is real chutzpah and a liberty that you expect that they should stop their defenders.

Bizarre, narrow minded and narcissistic.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You can forget about the Iranians and lay the blame on the Palestinians. They are the puppeteers behind the scenes. Sometimes I wish Tehran and Washington would leave the Holy Land out of their games. Iraq is a big enough playing field for these ambitious powers surely?

[edit on 24-12-2008 by raymond68]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Blaine, why is it when anyone condems Israel they are called Jew haters, so what are you saying its alright for members to call Palestinians, scum vermin etc. and thats OK but the minute anyone mentions the J or I word they are Jew haters and Anti Semitic.

In this conflict there are haters and innocents on both sides the difference on ATS is that most support Israel who in their eyes can do no wrong and lay all the blame on the Palestinians who are to blame for everything in their view.

What I and others have said here is to accept that there is fault on both sides and that both sides need to sit down and sort this out but as the haters on both sides seek the ahnilation of each other thats not going to happen is it so therefore an outside force is required to sort the problem out.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Amen to that, Palestinian's have been at Israel for centuries. They've used nothing but ammunition and explosive's to try and deal with Israel. You wonder why Israel attacks back; well they've tried repeatedly to talk things out with the Palestinian's but the Palestinian's won't listen. They have a burning hatred for the Jew's.

Sure they ceasefire when asked to, but it's for show; they do it to try and make themselves not look like the bad guys. Every attack Israel has launched on Palestine has been in retaliation to some sort of hostility coming from that country.

You guys say that Israel kill's innocent civilians, so does Palestine. So does the US, and The EU, and Canada. Anyone who is engaged in war hurts civilians, its the reality of things.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Lol, this thread really isn't getting anywhere.

But yeh... I think it's fishy that no Israelis were injured after DOZENS of rockets BUT the misfired rockets killed people in Gaza...

This is after all, a conspiracy forum.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
amazing - the biggoted israel zionist supporters are so blinded by history and cries of ` holocaust` they choose to ignore what teh zionists have done the the place of God - and to those Jews who are not zionists.

may i remind the zionists of the open war against the UK from the early 1940`s through to them seizing power in 1948

or does that fight - even before WW2 was over slip your mind?

if your not a zionist jew in israel your like `all the rest , you know , Christians , Catholics , Bhuddists - 3rd class, ill treated and lower than animals.

The heathens burned the good book , and that is the root of there problem - Jesus died to save us , and yet they don`t even acknowledge his birth at this very time of year.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

You make it seem like it is a fair fight. The Palestinians are the smaller party and got dragged into this mess. The lived there until these strange Europeans landed on the shores in huge numbers by the ship load.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The rest of the Middle East uses the Palestinians as pawns. They hate Israel and will use any one too help destroy Israel.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reading this thread is like watching a feral wolf chase its tail.

Simple truth of the situation: Regardless of who is in the right or wrong, as long as the US stands by Israel, the Palestinians will never, ever achieve any kind of hope or independence through violence.

Never.

What have the Palestinians tried so far? Outright war, intifada, suicide bombings, rocket launchings, etc. What have they not tried so far? Complete cessation of violence by all Palestinian groups and a meaningful dialogue with the Israelis. If Palestine truly wishes to survive, they will have to make some basic concessions to the Israelis. That is the sad truth - the underdog simply will not get everything that they want.

I'm not defending Israel; in fact, many of its policies are indeed horrific, but that doesn't change the situation that Israel will crush any Palestinian military effort. Logically, the only path to peace is a non-violent solution.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GamerGal

They do use the Palestinians as pawns. First among them Iran. Iran sees itself as the friend of the Palestinian. Not sure if this is so good for Iran and the Palestinian. If Israel has enough of Iran and its nuclear game what will happen in Gaza? Big question for Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why should Palestine buy food instead of weapons? That would just be agreeing with having all their land taken and they are gonna go along with it. Do you want to give a man food or teach him how to hunt?

[edit on 24-12-2008 by PeruvianNT]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

What have the Palestinians tried so far? Outright war, intifada, suicide bombings, rocket launchings, etc. What have they not tried so far? Complete cessation of violence by all Palestinian groups and a meaningful dialogue with the Israelis. If Palestine truly wishes to survive, they will have to make some basic concessions to the Israelis. That is the sad truth - the underdog simply will not get everything that they want.

But I thought that is what they originally did and in the mean while, immigrants, settlers and the Israeli occupation forces moved in and decanted them from their villages and towns.

I think you are putting the the cart before the horse. In action by the Palestinians means loss of their homes so why should they quietly go?

GamerGal

As for being pawns, not true but what of it if it serves their interests? Your concerns over Palestinian abuse is disingenuous.

[edit on 013131p://pm3110 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I see a lot of blame on Israel thrown around here, where as in reality it's both parties fault. Personally I think it's Palestine's more-so then Israel's. I read someone who said that an outside party need's to take over and it's true.

These two countries need help in solving there problems. I've read the hate in a lot of these posts, yes Israel has killed innocents but so has Palestine, so has the EU, and so has the US. Even Canada has killed innocent people. It's a reality of war.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join