It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would aliens need to communicate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I'm asking a question or giving an answer but it has been something on my mind for a while.

If as many suspect there are multiple alien civilisations visiting earth and who knows they may be just galactic tourists sight seeing. I suppose you could compare that to the first tour to the moon.

What ever the reason you can imagine that they know of each others existence as well as ours just like we are when we visit another country even when that country speaks another language. We can tell who are the other tourists from another country as well as the locals.Yet not many people correspond in a different language.

The first issue is they may not use voice, even telepathy is unlikely to be cross species compatible IMO. Would there craft be able to talk (I should say communicate) to another craft that isn't one of there own. Again unlikely they may use completely different technologies.

Without communications you can rely only on actions. If no one behaves in a threatening behaviour then everyone is peaceful. I hope this is true and I hope our civilisation does nothing to up set that balance.

I'm left to conclude that if aliens cannot communicate or even think on each others levels then all these different aliens are not communicating. Perhaps they don't need to and for that matter they don't need to communicate with us.

So then do we all just all go on our merry way. We stay out of their way and they stay out of ours, that may well be a galactic rule amongst aliens - no boundaries.

I'm interested in any thoughts on this - thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Telepathy is no problem between races. It is a communication between souls, and not bodies, so its a universal form of communication. They do however need to communicate in images sometimes because of language barriers.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I heard they speak trollean? Not 100% sure tho imho

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

I've heard abduction stories where the aliens attempt to communicate with us telepathically but sometimes have to slow it down because it's an information overload for us.

As for alien to alien communication, that's interesting. As you say, actions speak louder than words, but I'm guessing there are different variations of alien races that have similar languages much like Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. Of course, the whole thing is a great big mystery anyway.

I would think they can easily adapt to a language considering the assumption of advanced intelligence. I don't know, but I like the question.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Graphix10]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well personally I think it would the other way around I think that they have to communicate in order to be an advanced species like they most probably are

look at us and our history of communication with each other and this is as far as I know about this subject so I don’t know if its fact or not but as far as I know the earliest signs of communication was just simple drawings in caves so no speech the oldest known cave painting I think is found in the chauvet cave at around 30,000 BC

Then we moved onto Petro glyphs which is similar to cave paintings but they were a little bit more advanced because they were almost like drawings of an event and instead of just using rock for the drawings other materials were used like wood

Pictograms are the next step in communication for humans because yes they are still drawings they are also stories about events also pictograms were used around the world at around 9000bc

Pictograms evolved into ideograms symbols that represent an idea of something the pictogram could represent something simple like if a circle was drawn that would represent a sun but it wouldn’t represent the heat or the light ideograms on the other hand do

Next is writing the eldest forms of writing were a mixture of pictograms and ideograms. The invention of the first writing systems is roughly contemporary with the beginning of the Bronze Age in the late Neolithic of the late 4th millennium BC. The first writing system is generally believed to have been invented in pre-historic Sumer and developed by the late 3rd millennium into cuneiform. Egyptian hieroglyphs, and the undeciphered Proto-Elamite writing system and Indus Valley script also date to this era

The alphabet emerged around 2000 BC in Ancient Egypt, but by then alphabetic principles had already been incorporated into Egyptian hieroglyphs for a millennium By 2700 BC Egyptian writing had a set of some 22 hieroglyphs to represent syllables that begin with a single consonant of their language, plus a vowel (or no vowel) to be supplied by the native speaker. These glyphs were used as pronunciation guides for logograms, to write grammatical inflections, and, later, to transcribe loan words and foreign names.

Once you look at your own history of communication you will realize that without communication we wouldn’t be here now we need to communicate to evolve as a species and without it that’s impossible so in my opinion alien species would most probably be the same in that they needed communication to evolve

although most think that alien species or some of them use telepathy so in my opinion the next stage of evolution is telepathy because as you see it seems as though more and more people are becoming telepathic or posses some sort of telepathic abilities it can even be argues that we all possess some sort of ability as we show it at some time in our life’s so the alien species are obviously more advanced than us at the time being

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graphix10
reply to post by atsbeliever

I've heard abduction stories where the aliens attempt to communicate with us telepathically but sometimes have to slow it down because it's an information overload for us.

As for alien to alien communication, that's interesting. As you say, actions speak louder than words, but I'm guessing there are different variations of alien races that have similar languages much like Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian. Of course, the whole thing is a great big mystery anyway.

I would think they can easily adapt to a language considering the assumption of advanced intelligence. I don't know, but I like the question.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by Graphix10]

Thanks Graphix10
This is the point; Say they wanted to adapt to our language first they would need a voice; vocal cords would be needed for a start. Perhaps they don't have that and use say sign language with hands. Then another race may not have hands as we know it and so they cannot communicate.

That’s why I think (at the moment) they don't need to communicate with other civilisations because actions speak louder than words. As long as aggression isn’t shown then every thing is okay. I fully expect they communicate with their own kind and would have ship to ship communication with their own kind – just in-case they breakdown.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

Anti government

I agree with you communications is needed for all the things you say.

But because as many suspect there are multiple alien civilisations then they may not communicate with each other or us for that matter. Okay imagine being in Antarctic with the seals they don't imagine us hurting them so they take no notice of us. Is that what is happening I wonder.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If ET's do communicate with other civilizations, it would probably be through mathematics, initially at least.

1+1 always equals 2 no matter what lingo you speak... and so on.

IRM

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Telepathy is completely cross species, and with ets its highly advanced. Possibly to do with non-crippled dna and using more of their brain than we do.
They can communicate with each other at ease. Also, they can communicate, and influence our minds at such distances thats its phenomenal, from across the globe, from some distance in space.

Their activities are highly organized and often involve different species (ie greys and nordics) coordinating efforts. Probably many are connected to the same alliance or organization. This planet is critical both in terms of natural balance being thrown out, with abuse of the environment and reliance on fossil fuels to line the cabals pockets, unnecessarily for we have many alternate technologies, and an economic slave system that is brutal. We at a crossroads and the effort may have reached legal proportions at a galactic level due to our nuclear.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

I second mystiq's post absolutely, and would add that this would include animals too. In telepathic communication, I firmly believe that there is only one 'language' which when transmitted, is then 'translated'by our brain into 'our' language.
I hope that made sense,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
reply to post by majestictwo

I second mystiq's post absolutely, and would add that this would include animals too. In telepathic communication, I firmly believe that there is only one 'language' which when transmitted, is then 'translated'by our brain into 'our' language.
I hope that made sense,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

You know sometimes you have to wonder if your pet can read your mind. Really I think they stand a better chance than we do

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In order to know whether they need to comunicate you have to know what their motive is.

I speculated on another thread that they might be studying us. If they are researching human behavior as society develops they wouldn't want to interfere any more than they have to. If this is true then once they're done they can communicate and it won't harm the research project.

for more on alian motives see theis thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Telepathy is completely cross species, and with ets its highly advanced. Possibly to do with non-crippled dna and using more of their brain than we do. They can communicate with each other at ease.

How do you know this? The only proof we have of such a theory is pure conjecture - and because a few hucksters say so to sell books. It all sounds so B-Grade, New Age Sci Fi!

Remember there's probably a huge discrepancy between what you believe and what is actually true.

Also, they can communicate, and influence our minds at such distances thats its phenomenal, from across the globe, from some distance in space.

Ahh yes, just like Blossom Goodchild & The GFL hey! No offense but what a load of poppycock! What does it take for people to grab a reality check?

IRM

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zacherystaylor

That is a good reason and certainly a direct explanation. Equivalent to us studying animals in Africa – we rarely interfere when animals kill each other. When we have completed our studies we don't pass on the research, it is for us not them.

Perhaps they call in here as a rest point or to collect some resources, something simple like water. Whatever, there is no need to communicate with us. More to the point if we tried to communicate I don't think they would necessarily recognise it as us trying to do so.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestictwo

That is a good reason and certainly a direct explanation. Equivalent to us studying animals in Africa – we rarely interfere when animals kill each other. When we have completed our studies we don't pass on the research, it is for us not them.

Perhaps they call in here as a rest point or to collect some resources, something simple like water. Whatever, there is no need to communicate with us. More to the point if we tried to communicate I don't think they would necessarily recognise it as us trying to do so.

If they can travel that far and they have been here for tousands of years I'm sure they can recognize communication.

Whether they would ever communicate depends on what their motives are as I said. If their is no further reason to stay hidden it may be in their best interest to communicate unlike animals they can communicate with people.

There is some circumstacial evidence that they may have communicated with the government. If so the release of information is being controlled by both the aliens and the government.

For more speculation about that see this string about MJ-12.

If this is true they may disclose when it suits their purposes. Our purposes take a back seat it would seem.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

If they can travel that far and they have been here for tousands of years I'm sure they can recognize communication. Whether they would ever communicate depends on what their motives are as I said. If their is no further reason to stay hidden it may be in their best interest to communicate unlike animals they can communicate with people. There is some circumstacial evidence that they may have communicated with the government. If so the release of information is being controlled by both the aliens and the government.

I am sure they can recognise communication. Any time someone observes several UFOs (same civilisation) come together appears to be communication, but we won't know what it is. Like wise if you and I are talking on the say a two way radio they won't know what it is and there is no need to know.

As far as the MJ docs thats interesting (I've read your thread and I'll be back there) because you might think that military have communicated at the very least a protocol to share airspace. Personally I don't think thats the case, there is know need we can see them they can see us. We can do nothing except place something in orbit so were on a fixed path they know that and stay away.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
There's lots of forms of communication. I highly doubt most alien species can communicate through telepathy, I'd say it's more likely that only a handful can do that. The most likely form of communication is guttural sounds, even we have used that in our past.

But how does an alien species communicate with another species? That's an interesting question. In Star Trek they just send subspace signals, which most species that are advanced enough to have achieved interstellar travel should have. In Star Trek most species use universal translators to understand each other, again this is something that shouldn't be difficult for a species advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel.

The Star Trek explanation makes a lot of sense to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
There was a theory, which concluded, the Greys cannot speak and other races have developed super human powers - the power of telepathy.

Many abductee's claim to "visualise" questions and pictures, usually the voices communicating are in their native tongue. I've never heard of a UFO encounter or abduction, per se, which experiences an intelligent race directly speaking.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There was a theory, which concluded, the Greys cannot speak and other races have developed super human powers - the power of telepathy.

Many abductee's claim to "visualise" questions and pictures, usually the voices communicating are in their native tongue. I've never heard of a UFO encounter or abduction, per se, which experiences an intelligent race directly speaking.

I've actually heard quite a bit of encounters in which aliens speak directly in a language we don't understand, although mostly to other members of their race.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Leto]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto
There's lots of forms of communication. I highly doubt most alien species can communicate through telepathy, I'd say it's more likely that only a handful can do that. The most likely form of communication is guttural sounds, even we have used that in our past.

But how does an alien species communicate with another species? That's an interesting question. In Star Trek they just send subspace signals, which most species that are advanced enough to have achieved interstellar travel should have. In Star Trek most species use universal translators to understand each other, again this is something that shouldn't be difficult for a species advanced enough to achieve interstellar travel.

The Star Trek explanation makes a lot of sense to me.

I just don’t get the translator thing let alone universal. Before you can have one of those you have to understand the language. That would mean an overseeing everything would have had to make a universal translator for all alien civilisation. Nope I can’t buy it. It always come back to they don’t need to communicate IMO and that means us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join