It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Too many people skipping the flu shot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Survey: Too many people skipping the flu shot

www.ksl.com

Utah's state epidemiologist calls a mid-season survey of flu shot numbers across the country "disturbing." According to a first-of-its-kind poll by the Rand Corporation, too many people are not getting the shots.

As we reported earlier this season, the Centers for Disease Control recommends everybody from 6 months of age on up should get a flu shot. That's why, for the first time this year in Utah, mass immunization clinics have moved into schools.

The clinics make getting the shots convenient for students and their families, but the Rand survey on who is or is not getting protection doesn't look good. Only 3 in 10 adults, 18 years old and older, have had their shots; and only 1 in 5 adults say they intend to get a shot at all.

Too many caregivers, health care workers and people with asthma are not doing it as well. State epidemiologist Dr. Robert Rolfs calls the numbers, which are comparable in all states, "disturbing
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i say this is a good thing. i wouldnt dare put that poison in my body.

heres a quick story that happened to me about 3 weeks ago.
they were offering the flu shot at my work and sent out memos and emails about it for days. then on the day they announed over the intercom that it was time and where to go, my co-worker who is a little older than me asked, "are you heading up to get your shot?" my reply was "hell no" she looked at me like i was crazy. i told her i didnt want the flu and asked if she knew what was in them. she had no idea.

Heres where it gets good, i said let me know if you get sick, she said ok and rolled her eyes. later in the day another worker stopped by and she asked if he got the shot, he said no, last year i got the shot and got way sick with the flu.

the next day, guess who called in sick with the flu? i almost want to laugh but i actually feel bad.

www.ksl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If I had certain illnesses or I was at risk because of old age I would get one but I don't understand why anyone else would get one. Does it protect against bird flu or is it just the run of the mill flu?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
what's funny about the flu shots is that they say that it won't prevent you from getting sick - it will only prevent you from getting the prevalent strain of flu of the season. But this too comes with no guarantees... the previous statement is followed soon by something to the effect of, even if you do get the flu, it won't be as sick as what you otherwise would have been.

what a load of crock!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
An MD did a retrospective study and found that for persons over 65, getting a flu shot 6 years in a row increased the chances of alzheimers by 1000%.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
If I had certain illnesses or I was at risk because of old age I would get one but I don't understand why anyone else would get one. Does it protect against bird flu or is it just the run of the mill flu?

Not bird flu, just whatever is making the rounds at the time--if the shot is matched well with the virus

www.cdc.gov...

Flu viruses are always changing. They can change from the time the vaccine is recommended and the beginning of the flu season, or they can even change during a flu season. Each year, experts study thousands of flu virus samples from around the world to figure out which viruses are making people sick and how these viruses are changing. With this information, they forecast which three viruses are most likely to make the most people sick during the next flu season. Each year, the seasonal influenza vaccine contains three influenza virus strains – one influenza A (H3N2) virus, one influenza A (H1N1) virus, and one influenza B virus. The selection of which viruses to include in the vaccine must be made in February of the prior year in order for vaccine to be produced in time for distribution the following season. For this reason, there is always the possibility of a less than optimal match between viruses in the vaccine and circulating viruses

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Flu jabs are a great way of helping one's natural immune system to go into "lazy" mode!

I'm sure they're useful for the elderly and the generally less healthy, but I have my own defences thankyou that need a reason to function.

Also: WHY don't pharmacy drugs have "ingredients" labels like any other consumable?

Legal poisoning of the masses.

Who knows what's in that cocktail! ....no thanks.

"Jabs...we don't need no stinkin' jabs"

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You dont need it. The body has its own immune system that has evolved over millions of years of evolution and all those shots do is null out your immune system and make money for the drug companies.

Common sense and good eating habbits and regular excersise will do you more good than some stupid flu shot.

Dont be fooled by the preaching of pharmacutical people because they are paid to tell you that you need this and that.

The only thing you need is to use your head.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't put that crap in my body. Seriously, when was the last time you got the flu? Not a cold, or sick, but inFLUenza? Not me, not ever. Pure garbage.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WEOPPOSEDECEPTION
An MD did a retrospective study and found that for persons over 65, getting a flu shot 6 years in a row increased the chances of alzheimers by 1000%.

OMG!! You gotta be kidding me. So they give mercury to the kids, and alluminum to everyone!! Okay, it's an assumption that they're loading it up with alluminum, but what is in there, really?!

Who in there right mind would get one of these? I think I got one at age 18, but never since then. I hope I don't end up with a major illness from it later on in life. I'm never letting those whack jobs give me another shot!

Do you happen to have a link to this study? I'd really like to read this. I'm appaled!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
THis is great news! And something I have been dedicating much of my time and research!

I am happy to know that more and more people are starting to do their own Homework to understand more about these flu shots!

Thanks for the thread! Together, we can inform those who might not already know about this very big problem.

You will find an indepth look into flu shots, drinking water, and much much more on This thread here.

Thank you for your time, and keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I concur with our other posters. I most certainly will not be getting a flu shot. I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu since 2005 and it only lasted a weekend. People act like it's the end of the world to be in bed for a couple days!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Remember that big brew haha with the so called flu epidemic and every single pharmacutical company and even Bush n Co. were telling everyone to go out and get the government recommended flu shot, and they even ran short of it?

Hundreds of thousands of people got sick after getting that shot.

I have not had any shots since shots in my elementary school days back in the late 60's. If I get sick, it may last 2 days if that.

Like I said, the body has its own immune system and constantly improves itself and knows how to handle things in the body that should not be there.

Let your body do what it was natrually designed to do and not fill it up with a bunch of chemicals that only eat away at your ability to fight disease.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

I haven't had a flu shot in many years. I don't even remember the last time I got a flu shot. While I understand the concept of injecting dead bacteria in order to form an immunity, I also believe there is a great possibility of getting the flu by doing so.

I would rather take my chances of this bacteria making its way in my bloodstream naturally, rather than directly injecting it willfully.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well here I am in the minority again. I got my annual flu shot in September. I had no ill effects then nor from all the previous years of getting the flu shot.

I will take my chances with the flu shot as I do with the air I breathe, the water I drink, the medicines I take, the cars I drive, and all the other things in life that are reported to be detrimental to my health.

If we made a list of the things we ingest and use that will not harm us in some way I'm thinking the list would be short.

It's time for a cigarette break. Oh my the flu shot and a cigarette.....I must have a death wish.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Before getting your first flu shot, how often did you get the flu? The air you breathe and the water you drink, you have no choice, those are necessities for survival. Getting the flu shot IMO, is totally unnecessary, although I am not ragging on your decision to get one.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I plan to not get another injection in my life if I can help it. Although I think they can restrict your travel, etc if it isn't up to date? Certainly not taking any voluntary ones.

But... TV told me mercury is good for you!

I haven't been sick in several years despite having people constantly hacking and wheezing around me (ironically directly after flu shots were given here.) IMO take a multivitamin and garlic/kyolic suppliment as soon as you feel or worry about something coming on, and you'll be fine.

[edit on 12/17/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
these vaccinations are a joke, heres my strory to contribute to the conspiracy:

so this is in Canada, Toronto

my cousin who is in kindergarten was sent home with a letter saying that the school was going to vaccinate him and that the shot was not optional but required.

My uncle, who is much into the whole conspiracy thing (hes the one who got me into it), was outraged that it was "required" that his son get this vaccination.

Therefore he sent a letter to the school basically saying that his son would take the vaccination but that he didnt approve and that if there was any side effects or illness of any kind attributed to the vaccination that he had the full right to claim any medical costs that might materialize, plus to sue the school board to the fullest extent of the law.

Funny that the next day he got a call from the school telling him that there was a mix up and that the vaccination was not really required.

The other funny thing is that if this were really the case why hadn't they told any of the other parents. My uncle was sure to ask some other parents and they said they hadnt been notified.

if i knew what i know now when i was a few years younger i would have never taken those vaccinations in school.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

There is no way in bloody hell that I would ever get a flu shot. The stuff that goes into a shot can be quite nasty.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When I was in the Navy I got one each year. Had to. Each year, I got sick.

Once I left the Navy I have never gotten a flu shot, and only caught flu like symptoms once (6 years ago) in the 11 years I've been out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join