It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
H.A.A.R.P.

Mess with nature and reap the whirlwind(s)

Just waiting for the next quake...

Bastards.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The breach was caused by fluctuations in the solar wind. It was not caused by a weakening or shifting of Earth's magnetic field.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sounds like when doctors don't know what's going on with their patient:

- Must be psychosomatic!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
this is quite interesting.....that which generates the magnetosphere is the core of the earth,now its being discovered that the core of the earth is a cube...yes its cubed shaped.

whatsmore there is actually no natural element that can survive the extreme temperatures at the core...........the core my friends is artificial......whatsmore its alive,the core of the earth is the god machine,the bane of our existence and the bringer of the next mass extinction.

looks like we got some drilling to do.........lets get him lilliputian style!,smoke him outta his hole!.

i believe its a superparamagnetic,that is a magnet created by heat,thus to switch that nasty know it all off we need but cool him down a bit!!!,which can be achived with microwave technology,its how they create temperatures close to absolute zero.
needless to say out magnetosphere would dissapear,but hey we could always build an artificial one or move underground!,i have first claim on the empty cold shell of the god machine,a prime piece of real estate that would make my perfect home and crown!

[edit on 16-12-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by dooper

The breach was caused by fluctuations in the solar wind. It was not caused by a weakening or shifting of Earth's magnetic field.

you know whatever you and your kind try to cover up with disinfo actually lets on what is the truth,thanks youve taught me so much.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
this wouldnt have anything to do with all these crazy supercell storms weve been having in queensland would it.

they have been the worst storms in over 30 years.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I remember back in the early 90's there were computers crashing all over the place it was really strange and I was in the hot seat to explain why our systems had crashed.

Then the text pager system went down due to a satellite getting fried and it became apparent that the common denominator was a massive solar flare. But I don't think that my boss every really believed me when I told him the cause.

I wonder if this new cycle of flares is going to once more cause an epidemic of random computer crashes. Hopefully the shielding is better these days. It's pretty scary to consider how vulnerable/dependent we have become on computers, things like hospitals and power distribution. Or imagine being in an elevator when the computer decides to flip out. I suspect that when these systems are designed that it is usually assumed the failure will be limited to one particular computer and redundancy will be sufficient to ensure safety, but what happens when an external - seldom considered - event wipes out multiple computers at the same time???

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
so what does this all mean?

Cancel Xmas?

That hole is right over the North Pole

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No.
The magnetosphere does little to protect us from solar and cosmic radiation. Our atmosphere does that.

The magnetosphere helps to shield the ionosphere from the solar wind. The solar wind is not composed of high energy particles.

No magnetosphere no atmosphere, so yes it does protect us. it will deflect the solar wind depending on the polarity of the interplanetary magnetic field. otherwise it redirects the particles along the field earths lines at the poles to cause aurora.
I'm a little confused at what your saying here. Or are you talking about uv radiation?

Yeah, the solar wind isn't composed of high energy particles of the likes of cosmic rays, however there are solar cosmic rays (stupid name) from flares. depends on your definition of high energy I guess, solar cosmic rays can be up to 10 billion eV. I'd call that high energy.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
heres a nice little method to reach the god(devil) machine who is the core of the earth,

build an array of orbital mirrors which are alligned to reflect to a central point,fire all the worlds lasers at them,and presto you have an extremely powerful burrowing tool which will reach the core within weeks or months.

once youve reached it,ahh the devilmachine is at our mercy!

all the governemnts who thought he and his ai slaves couldnt be fought and we must just survive(pretty funny since there turning earth into a waterworld rendering thier rabbit holes and undeground bases useless,more like sink holes),well there wrong,now we know where he is and how to get to him!

www.actionext.com...
can we dig you out,yes we can!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This just proves humans don't know everything. So, maybe there are aliens on this planet, maybe ufo's are real, maybe ATS members are lunatics. maybe everything we know is really an illusion.
I could be the lunatic they're looking for.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz

No magnetosphere no atmosphere, so yes it does protect us. it will deflect the solar wind depending on the polarity of the interplanetary magnetic field. otherwise it redirects the particles along the field earths lines at the poles to cause aurora.
I'm a little confused at what your saying here. Or are you talking about uv radiation?

Yeah, the solar wind isn't composed of high energy particles of the likes of cosmic rays, however there are solar cosmic rays (stupid name) from flares. depends on your definition of high energy I guess, solar cosmic rays can be up to 10 billion eV. I'd call that high energy.

The magnetosphere is not the only protection from the solar wind. Venus has no planetary magnetosphere and has a dense atmosphere. In lieu of a planetary magnetic field, an induced magnetic field forms, produced by interactions between the solar wind and the ionosphere. It would take a very long time with no planetary magnetosphere for our atmosphere to be stripped away if it happened at all.

I'm talking about both UV radiation and high energy particles (both cosmic rays and the high energy particles from the sun). The magnetosphere does intercept some of these but even if it didn't, the atmosphere still would. The atmosphere can deal with high energy particles better than the magnetosphere can. Of course, in case of a gamma ray burst or some other truly awesome event, neither our magnetosphere nor our atmosphere would help. But for the ordinary, everyday stuff, the atmosphere works fine.

[edit on 12/16/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So let me get this right ... we have a hole 4x's the size of earth for high charged particles to get us nice and warm then the next space storm from the sun hits us in 4yrs but then we will be in the middle of the milky way galaxy surrounded by dark matter that no one knows how it will effect us... if something does not look a bit imminent and culminating to an event then slap me silly.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I always thought it too bad that all the other reindeer did not have shiny noses, just Rudolph with his nose so bright to guide the sleigh tonight. Too bad that all reindeer having bright noses comes with the fact that their hooves will be bright all over too, as in on fire.

They did not send these 5 cooperating satellites by accident. They were looking for it. So electron plasma clouds that are millions of meters thick passing through the poles was detected on earth through Aurora Borealis changes that correspond to solar storm and magnetic pole dynamics. They knew and were shocked by results twenty times worse than expected when pole fluctuations are opposite of what they expected. Christmas 2013 is probably gonna suck.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was watching National Geographic the other day and they had a special on this type of activity with the earth's magnetic field. The experts of the show believe that it is the beginnings of the magnetic poles reversing, which has happened tens of thousands of times before in earth's history. However, they did say that the reverse would result in a dramatically weakened magnetic field and more cosmic radiation entering the earth through these weakened areas.

There is already one over the Pacific ocean that has been growing since they noticed it in the 1970's. They said this would continue to happen there and in other areas until the shift was completed.

The good news: So far they have not been able to coincide any mass extinction events with ANY of the magnetic shifts.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

Thank you, Interested. Thought I was losing my mind there for a moment.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Perfect Storm?

Boundary Between Earth's Upper Atmosphere And Space Has Moved To Extraordinarily Low Altitudes, NASA Instruments Document

ScienceDaily.com (Dec. 16, 2008)

CINDI and C/NOFS were designed to study disturbances in Earth's ionosphere that can result in a disruption of navigation and communication signals. The ionosphere is a gaseous envelope of electrically charged particles that surrounds our planet and it is important because Radar, radio waves, and global positioning system signals can be disrupted by ionospheric disturbances.

CINDI's first discovery was, however, that the ionosphere was not where it had been expected to be. During the first months of CINDI operations the transition between the ionosphere and space was found to be at about 260 miles (420 km) altitude during the nighttime, barely rising above 500 miles (800 km) during the day. These altitudes were extraordinarily low compared with the more typical values of 400 miles (640 km) during the nighttime and 600 miles (960 km) during the day.

The height of the ionosphere/space transition is controlled in part by the amount of extreme ultraviolet energy emitted by the Sun and a somewhat contracted ionosphere could have been expected because C/NOFS was launched during a minimum in the 11-year cycle of solar activity. However, the size of the actual contraction caught investigators by surprise. In fact, when they looked back over records of solar activity, they found that C/NOFS had been launched during the quietest solar minimum since the space age began.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by warrenb
so what does this all mean?

Cancel Xmas?

That hole is right over the North Pole

Cancel? But then the devil machine at the center of the Earth wins! Did 9/11 teach you nothing? We'll shop our way outta this; devilmachine be damned!

What are you some sorta commie or somethin'?

Originally posted by welivefortheson
heres a nice little method to reach the god(devil) machine who is the core of the earth,

build an array of orbital mirrors which are alligned to reflect to a central point,fire all the worlds lasers at them,and presto you have an extremely powerful burrowing tool which will reach the core within weeks or months.

once youve reached it,ahh the devilmachine is at our mercy!

all the governemnts who thought he and his ai slaves couldnt be fought and we must just survive(pretty funny since there turning earth into a waterworld rendering thier rabbit holes and undeground bases useless,more like sink holes),well there wrong,now we know where he is and how to get to him!

www.actionext.com...
can we dig you out,yes we can!

Yes! I don't care who you are, that's good stuff right there, welivefortheson. Made my day.

[edit on Tue Dec 16 2008 by Rren]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is all preparation for an aliens attack!

Wait till we get hit with a boson ray.
We will be immediately illuminated!

Then we'll know what alien intelligence is.

Magnetic poles switch, yeah right...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure if it gets to the point where it is life-threatening we will think of some sort of shielding that would block most of the radiation. We are the most versatile and inventive species that's ever existed.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by basilray if something does not look a bit imminent and culminating to an event then slap me silly.

I wonder if its a coincidence considering this

Nine H-bombs exploded below the Arctic Ocean

On November 17 and 18, 2008 nine H-Bombs were exploded below the Arctic Ocean, near the North Magnetic Pole, within Canadian waters. The explosions were concentrated in an area about 16 km by 16 km (10 miles by 10 miles), were in the 5 to 10 Megaton range, all were 10 km (6.2 miles) deep. They punched a hole in the crust and will allow petroleum from the bottom of the crust to leak into the Arctic Ocean. This could destroy life in large sections of the area.

www.wariscrime.com...

Results from IRIS
www.iris.edu...

Date Time (UT) Lat Long Mag Depth (km)
17 Nov 2008 12:55:23 79.66 116.86 5.7 10.0
17 Nov 2008 13:16:51 79.70 115.78 4.7 10.0
17 Nov 2008 13:40:11 79.70 115.36 5.1 10.0
17 Nov 2008 17:17:05 79.70 115.78 4.7 10.0
18 Nov 2008 03:59:49 79.61 114.76 5.6 10.0
18 Nov 2008 04:10:35 79.76 115.70 5.1 10.0
18 Nov 2008 04:52:51 79.74 115.32 5.3 10.0
18 Nov 2008 05:37:27 79.75 115.33 4.9 10.0
18 Nov 2008 07:05:12 79.78 114.69 4.7 10.0

Creating Polar Shift Using Nukes

WHY did they set off nine nukes at the magnetic north pole?

It appears the Nuke part of the story may be bunk, but the seismic record isn't so SOMETHING caused that record.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice

On going ATS thread
Nine Nukes Exploded under Artic Ocean Nov. 17th and 18th!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-12-2008 by zorgon]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join