It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
On a side note... How can the secret service be trusted to stop a bullet for the president when they didn't even move a muscle until AFTER this guy threw both of his shoes?

thanks for the post.. and all the stars you got for it.. i argued day and night when this story first came out trying to get people to consider this.

all they wanted to observe was the fact that it was "funny that it happened"...

-

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newagent89
So I hear that:

1)Bush laughs it off
2)Man awarded for bravery
3)Man beaten in prison

I wonder what would happen if a US reporter did that to a foreign head of state visiting America. He would likely be charged with attempted assault on a foreign head of state and go to prison forever. People shouldn't go to jail expecting to be treated like a celebrity.

As for the secret service: The shoes could not have been bombs or blade-equipped because the reporters were already scanned and searched. They don't just search you for practical weapons when you go to see the prez. They check you for an-y-thin-g. The shoes could not have killed the president. Besides, it was a quick attack that was not expected. I doubt there will be any regulation of shoe wearing because of this.

because shoe-wearing is never dangerous... ie: shoe bombers.. ie: airports etc..

but not presidential press conferences where the leader of our nation is visiting a nation we're at war with...

never there...

-

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

A CONSPIRACY THEORY???!!!! My goodness. Bush is quick as lightening, learned from his younger years when dodging punches and beer cans at frat parties. What would be the point of a set-up? Do not worry. I am sure you will think of something. Unless you were kidding. Or do not understand the nature of the situation. He did not get attacked with a deadly weapon. Bush found the situation amusing, albeit embarrassing.

But a conspiracy?: "This attack will lead to a false flag invasion of Iran through the press, Illuminati, and the reptilian agenda to get MONEY for the power hungry neocons and fat cats (hey, fat cats rhymes. No wonder people overuse it)!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

In this case the shoes went through a metal detector and were likely x-rayed. They checked for a bomb. No bomb, just rubber and leather and stink. When I say shoe regulation, I mean no more regulation than there already is.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A broken hand?
Broken ribs and internal bleeding?
And and eye injury too?

Maybe he should request to to be sent to Guantanamo.
At least he'll get better treatment there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'll wait and see. Does anyone want to bet that this guys brother has greatly exagerated the beating?

When he is released, as he will be, he will be all over the news. I will be looking for evidence of his eye injury, broken ribs, and internal injuries. These sorts of things don't heal in a day or two. You all must realize though that the "truth" in a country like Iraq is a very flexible thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Chadwickus, you either have short memory, how easy many have forgotten the Infamous Abu Ghraib.

So sad, but hey many Americans tend to have short memories after all.

The Iraqis learned the torture from Saddam, American came to liberate and show them that Torture was still acceptable, Cheney, Bush and Rumsfled should be so proud

Hail to Iraqi Freedom!!!!!!!!!!

Ah but you see, I am not American.

I do believe Bush condemned what happened at Abu Ghraib, he took full responsibility for it, when he knew nothing of it until after the fact.

Anyway for the record I'm no fan of Bush's, but I do have enough common sense to realise you can't blame him for everything.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter if this guy "got off light" because he only got his face kicked in, and hasn't been thrown into a vat of acid. America supposedly is a model the rest of the world should follow, in matters of liberty and honour and all that jazz. But I guess everyone knows that the US and their cronies are just a bunch of torturing scumbags anyway, so why bother keeping up the pretense anymore right?

The worst thing they could do is beat this man, which will make people even more angry. The best thing they could do, which would also portray Bush in a positive light, would be to let him go without charging him, or at the least just charge the man with attempted assault like they should. Bush has already deflected this in the best way he could, with his humour. Blowing this thing off as a non event would be in his best interests, even I can tell you that and I'm no PR man.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I do blame him because a man that take a nation in which he has been given the power to lead by the people into invading another nation, to later claim that he doesn't know what is going on in the nation that he invaded is a hypocrite and a deceiver.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Somehow I get the feeling this isn't the first time he's ducked a shoe or two.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
well throwing shoes at bush...

or the same at sadam.....

democracy in its finest!!!! this fool would have never seen the light of day under sudamm!!!

but the usa is the bad guy...lol lol lol

really... think about it u bush/usa bashers...wtf would have happened under the old powers to be...!!!!

its a step closer to freedome...naw we should have left um alone to where even thinking about this would have been certain death... some of u just dint get it

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

and i dnt kare buot me spellings

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
al-Zaidi is a hero to me what he did takes guts,man I hope he is released but we all know he's now a marked man either way.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
well throwing shoes at bush...

or the same at sadam.....

democracy in its finest!!!! this fool would have never seen the light of day under sudamm!!!

but the usa is the bad guy...lol lol lol

really... think about it u bush/usa bashers...wtf would have happened under the old powers to be...!!!!

its a step closer to freedome...naw we should have left um alone to where even thinking about this would have been certain death... some of u just dint get it

Actually, not that I'm saying Saddam wasn't a madman, but he knew a publicity chance when he saw one.

Something as openly public as this, Saddam would have used it to his advantage by not harming him... in fact, he'd probably openly talk to him again simply to show the people they should like him... of course it's a lie... but that would be his style.

Now, if the cameras weren't rolling, and this didn't make it to the air, then Saddam would definitely have had the guy shot.

And no, what they have is not freedom.
But then again, not even America has it anymore... you just have the feeling you're free... so long as you're loyal to the government.
Start trying to change things, or remove power from the government, and there's hell to pay. (unless you're already too public to be silenced.)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Poor guy! It's a shame the he didn't have size 12's though because he probably would have made contact then.

However, I would happily take a beating for the chance at throwing two well aimed shoes at Bush's ugly noggin. Small price to pay to wipe the smile of this evil clowns face IMHO.

In fact of all the people I've spoken to about this incident, not one is happy the shoe's missed.

I think this footage will haunt Bush for the rest of his life and it will be used on a regular basis by the MSM as a footnote to his bogus presidency.

IRM

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think this footage will haunt Bush for the rest of his life and it will be used on a regular basis by the MSM as a footnote to his bogus presidency.

The angry mob at his inauguration wasn't enough?

Him standing in front of a victory banner for a war that can never be won?

Him saying "It would be easier if I were dictator"?

Him quoted as saying "We need another pearl harbor"?

I'm not getting at you here... but this man has at least a couple of days worth of footage we can use to show who he was.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I wonder if you'd still be singing this song if it were you in custody, beaten to the point of bones being broken. I mean, just imagine if you were accused of criminal behavior and they treated you like a criminal the way you want them to be treated before conviction. Put yourself in that guys shoes.

HAHA sorry that pun was begging to be made. It was a shoe-in for bad puns. Sorry, I need to stop.

Seriously, they guy threw 2 shoes. He didn't fire a bullet. He didn't plant explosives. He threw two shoes. Beating the guy just makes the cops and authorities look like crap and makes the shoe thrower look like a hero.

He made Bush look almost jedi. Come on, something good came of this. Well, maybe Bush has gone to the dark side so he's more like a Sith, but still... cool reflexes.

Originally posted by hinky
I wonder if they gave him his "rights" before he was arrested?

Oh, this isn't in America, you know some countries treat criminals, even before they are convicted, with terrible treatment. This has a tendency to drive the crime rate down.

Countries that coddle criminals with group hugs instead of harsh treatment seem to have higher crime rates.

Amazing concept, how barbaric, but it seems to be true.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Please participate in my mass shoe throw on washington

www.abovetopsecret.com...

au.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-12-2008 by jpvskyfreak]

[edit on 17-12-2008 by jpvskyfreak]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'm suprised the "George Bush is a reptile" crowd hasn't jumped on this one.

Super fast reflexes and all

Well, it did look super human to me, to say the least. Anyone else I know his age would have scored that first shoe straight in the face.

But I don't think anyone's suprised by this story. Attack any leader of any country, you're in for a dig in the ribs, at least.

But I think he represented the majority of Iraqis with what he did. He'll have a hell of a lot of support, and his actions will give others courage to to similar things. And next time, it might be a grenade.

I think things will escalate from here.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So next time security will require all those to be shoe less in case they decide to throw a shoe at the president?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join