It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Jealous of the United States of America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
omg
i think im going to puke

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
You've all got Barack Obama.

I think you all don't know how lucky you really are.

The "Real America" (Sarah Palin SM) does know. But you posted on a frumpy-alternative-why-won't-my-mum-let-me-have-Grand-Theft-Auto-site-full-of-overgrown-Republican-children.

Please don't judge America based on this site.

After all, the "Real America" (Sarah Palin SM) voted to send Sarah Palin back out of the contiguous United States.

And we elected Barack Obama as the leader of the Free World to right George Bush's wrongs.

America thanks you for your well wishes.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Barack Obama (and George W) voted to pardon huge corporations such as AT&T and Verizon for illegal wiretapping and spying on citizens of the United States. If all the other evidence (and believe me, there is plenty) doesn't convince you that Obama is not for the people, this should.

He backs the PATRIOT act, he backs violence in Kenya, he backs troops in Afghanistan to protect heroin trafficking. He's a Chicago politician, for God's sake. Governor Rod Blagojavich isn't the only Chicago politician with strings attached to dirty money.

Lucky? Do your research.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
To the OP - what are you talking about ??

I have never read such unadulterated clap trap in my life - the man has not done anything yet and we are no position to judge him for at least 12 months.

get a grip.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

I beg to differ.I know that many whites were swayed by the propoganda but a majority of blacks voted by race, plain and simple.

CNN
Rasmussen Reports
Wash Post

Listen, in America at least black people finally have their day.We have a true black president.

To be honest I could care less what color a man's skin is if he was TRULY here for the better of the people. Unfortunately our elected officials are nothing more than a corrupt corporation of self greed and indulgence. ANYTHING they do is based on their careers.Any good deed is done to further themselves,not out of sincerety or necessity.

People need to wake up and open their eyes. The blind leading the blind.Don't get me wrong. I'm sure their are a few genuine politicians that mean to do good but accomplish nothing because the control is in the hands of people with evil agendas obeying one master. GREED

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Revealation]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah, but the only problem is that the rest of the world won't have anyone to throw shoes at.

Of course, many Americans that I know HAVE WANTED to alienate the rest of the world. I get so tired of these damned 'Fear US' bumber stickers.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Well he's going to try and turn us into the UK. An english speaking nation with no firearms, open borders, high taxation, an ultra PC culture, and a controlled population.

God help us all.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Haha, funny!

Barack seems like a nice man and all, but you know, what change do you expect? Most people don't even know what they want to change, and until they know exactly what they want, it will be chaos.

It doesn't matter who the president is, those who are in charge are those behind the Federal Reserve. So what they want, they will get.

He is a facelift to America, but I mean that was a given, come on McCain vs Obama lol, are you joking? Can you not see how it was fixed so that a vote for McCain was a vote for Bush?

All I am saying is that the change begins with YOU, not with an elected President. You should respect him like any other person, but be sure that he does not become your savior. You are all your own saviors.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

He did win most of the black vote, but I don't think he needed it to be honest.
All he needed was to appear to be the opposite of Bush and his funding took care of the rest. I'd rather not get into the racial arguments. A majority of blacks vote Democrat anyway, so it's not as drastic as it appears.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I hear you brother! There isn't any evidence that a President in recent history has actually kept in touch with the reality of his constituents. A Pres. has so many voices... so many influences and forces coming at him that it is impossible for him to listen to all of that input and not be influenced himself. And I do not believe that those voices (i.e. his cabinet, advisors, and business leaders) are meek and mild! The Pres. is not the only one in Washington with an agenda. And I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone could hold up to the kind of pressure that he will be under by those voices... the powers that be.

If the Pres. actually had the nerve and stamina to hold his own for four years, we would be in a different country right now. If it was that easy to remain true to the American public, than we would still be a republic rather than a Businesstocracy. But we are not the republic; we are not a democracy. America has been duped! And if you watched how ecstatic and happy the voters were whenever Barrack spoke, no matter what he said, it is obvious that we have not learned a single single thing about how politicians work. What has he said that is new? What part of tax relief, health care, budget balancing or jobs for all have we not heard before? Listen, the Pres. is no longer in a position to make a difference for the American people. Barrack will find that out soon enough and he will be just as disillusioned as we are! www.chasingthegiants.com

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Are we still talking about this........WHAT HAS HE DONE???????

Until he proves himself WHY WHY WHHHHYYY!!!!!! Do you all feel hes going to save YOU. Your just the dried up inefficient workforce of the United States. What makes you think the Governments going to stop you from loosing your job. Oh because The Unions got their hands up Obamas puppet trap just like the Illinois Governor did...oh i see... dont think that your Saint has flipped the tides just yet....thats all i say for now.

Give him a chance....to screw himself into history

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

exactly what i have been saying all along. they don't care they make alot of money so screw the people who don't.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I respect the opinion of everyone who has posted in this thread. Mine is that the ONLY candidate that could have and would have ushered in ANY change would have been Ron Paul. I am afraid the writing is on the wall with Barry. Legitimacy still unconfirmed, the absolute filth that has been exposed in the scandal over his senate seat makes you wonder;is there any way he could have occupied that post in the most corrupt state in the U.S. and not gotten his hands dirty. In short, he's a well oiled part of the current system, and he's already lined his cabinet with the same old cronies, that have not been agents of change in their previous roles. Anyone expecting things to differ vastly from the way they have been for the last few decades is going to be sorely disappointed I'm afraid. Don't get me wrong, I am not singling Mr. Obama out as a bad guy. He's just another face in the crowd of corrupt politicians, and it won't be long before the people of this country realize that there is not likely any good change coming.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What has this guy ever accomplished--exactly--to make people think he is the messiah? Its all hype and BS. Look at the political slimepit he crawled out of. look how fast he dropped the racist Rev. Jeremiah Wright after listening to his anti-white, anti-American diatribes for 20 years. NOBODY can live up to the hype, NOBODY. Mark my words: you'll end up dissappointed and disillustioned.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Once upon a time there was America where people were rightfully proud of their work and freedom - it was an example of how the world should look like.

What happened : a gang of traitors and kriminals took over everything.
The British imperium was and still is the only real american enemy .

Hey america -ns, I promise you, after you wake up, and do away with the criminal government and Banking fascist gang, I will all buy you a bier...

I hope it is not too late ...

I wish you all the best !

WATER LOGIC

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Glad you are so proud of him. As far as I am concerned, you can have him.

He's a typical crooked Illinois/Chicago politician. He lies, and he is NOT doing anything that he claimed he would do when he was running for office.

His cabinet is essentially Bill Clinton retreads. He has backed off on every policy he claimed to be for.

So, where is the "Change"?

He is as phony as any other politician out there. Good speaker though, and he pulled a really good "Bait & Switch" operation.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

But we shouldn't get too starry-eyed either.

He's a decent man, thoughtful, and quite sincere IMO.

The exact description anyone could have used for Carter - and we all know how that presidency turned out. Must be why some are already calling o(bs)ama "Carter II".

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Those who are thrusting Obama up so high on the pillar might want to slow down and quit praising this guy like he is some God like savior.

He is a human being, with all the faults of a human being. He is no miracle worker, and has yet to do any real work. It will be months before we see any effect from his.....words. Anyone can make a promise, but also, anyone can break those promises at the blink of an eye and you wont notice it until you feel the heat, and dissapointment, because putting someone up so high on a pillar expecting miracles and fixes is only setting yourself up for the big fall...and its gonna hurt.

Like the guy, say he is nice, charming, whatever, but putting him up onto a golden chair equipped with a halo held up by a wire is a disaster in the works. Not to mention, its no different from when Moses came down the mountian with those tablets and found his followers worshiping a gold lamb, and what happend then?

Im not a religious person at all, I dont even go with the mainstream religious belief, but some of it darn sure sends a chill up my spine and raises the hairs on my back when things going on in today's world tend to mirror prophecies out of Revelations.

Perhaps those prophecies should be thwarted, simply by not putting this Obama up onto the golden pillar and bowing to the new God, becuase in effect, that is exactly what is happening. He is being put up into a position to be just like God, a "savior", when in fact, he would be a FALSE God.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
you know, I can't believe I will be saying this, but every leader serves their purpose for the country they reside over. I know Bush was a HUGE eye opener to many ppl here and in that, since we can't go back and change things, made ppl a lot more aware of the influence this country has on the world.

I agree....all conspiracy theories aside and with all the gloom and doom being predicted around here, anybody else feel that alot of the greedheads are finally going to start getting their comeuppances??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join