It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Jealous of the United States of America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I agree that it's silly that so many people paint this man as the "messiah"...
All we have so far are pretty words, which sound nice, but isn't that what politics is all about?
Something about him doesn't feel right... but I've been wrong before.
Still, I think he was the best choice for President, as it's clear that many people buy what he says, which will have a placebo effect if nothing else...

It just annoys me a bit when people worship the guy.
We should have faith in ourselves and our own power to change the world - not in one man.
It's always dangerous to have that much faith in one man...
One thing he said did trouble me... He said that the vision was from him and no one else...
Just doesn't sound much like a Democracy to me, though I may be amplifying that...
In short, I have my hopes, but I also have my doubts...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Sometimes trusting your instincts are better than following the pack.

I really dont have an opinion about Obama...not yet anyway. Gonna wait and see what happens 3 months after the swearing in.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts because I truly get sickened by all the sheer ignorance of such "educated people" in our society and how they come to these ridiculous conclusions.

Why would EVERYONE believe this guy is "THE MAN"? Nobody has the slightest clue as to who he really is as a person or what motives lurk behind that big fake smile. It's all a show, just as the previous DEVILS before him.

Honestly, WHY do people see him as if he's the saviour. He's done absolute squat and is nothing more than a polotician. From where I stand, A majority of them are nothing more than self glorified criminals who never pay the price because they all walk hand in hand.

From the trend I've seen (and I'm sure EVERYONE also knows to be true) he was elected because everyone jumped on the"black bandwagon" for which he is also 1/2 WHITE. He was only elected for the color of his skin, and lack of experience so they can mold him like a ball of clay.

Just amzing how blind and easily manipulated the entire populace is.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Sadly, thats what the power of intimidation does, envelops the mass and then its control the mass, with comfy warm fuzzy feeling words, smiles and waves behind a podium. And because America is in such desperate situations, it made it that much easier to "entrance" the people.

Your spot on, he comes out of nowhere, suddenly thrusted up into the spotlight as if he was some Hollywood major star that has been in countless blockbuster movies, uses the same "grab n catch" political tactics and then within less than 6 months of the begining of the campain trail, he became a hosehold name.

Now he is being put up even higher on that virtual pedistal. What is ironic, in the book of Revelation, it is written that near the end days, one will be thrusted up as a king and be worshiped like a God.

Sound familiar to whats going on with this fella?

It should send chills down everyone's spine and raise the hairs on your back!

Time will tell, lets see what happens once he is sitting in that big chair at the big desk writting big signatures with that big pen.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

I don't agree that he won because he was black... I believe he won because he wasn't Bush.
You have to create a Devil before you can have a God.
That's exactly what he did - by accident or design, good intentions or bad - I'm not sure.
If Bush is the Devil (and of course he is
) and Obama is on the other side of the spectrum, then what does that make him? Our saviour. It's a subconscious connection that everyone made - some realized it and others didn't...
I just want to know if his intentions are good or bad, and that's the hardest thing to know until we see him in action

[edit on 16-12-2008 by TruthParadox]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I did not vote for Obama. I voted Libertarian. However, I considered myself a patriot and Obama will be my President - and until he does something to lose my trust I will support him 100%. I know his plate is full and I know he will not make everyone happy and I may be among those people.

I was one of the ones upset over his birth certificate and ties to certain people. But one thing about him has impressed me and it has swayed my thoughts on him. I honestly believe he cares about this country. I know he is no saint, I know he will make mistakes. Regardless of his ideaology, I honestly feel he intends to do what he feels is best for the nation as a whole, not just the minorities or the Obamatrons, but for everyone.

I honestly feel like he may just pull it off and someday leave office with the United States a better place. Once all the election and inaguration dust settles I have a feeling more people may feel this way and political and cultural divisions may begin to mend.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
And in my 40 years I can honestly say I've never felt this way before ... usually I kind of laugh and point at you guys and I know I'm not alone in that ...

But now my eyes have turned from dark brown to bright green!

You've all got Barack Obama.

I think you all don't know how lucky you really are.

We Americans know that all you folks across Europe and Canada etc all suffer from closet envy of us Americans and America. You just veil it in ridicule, humor and other diatribe because you sub-consciously hate yourselves for your closet envy. Letting it out on America makes you feel better about yourselves.
All Americans know that America is the best country on Earth period. Its not jingoism or pomposity but rather a cold fact.

Now as for Obama, despite all the marketing hype and demagoguery he still has to live up to his image and really turn around America by the time he leaves. In some respects his worst enemy is himself, for should he forever live up to exceedingly high expectations and any decline towards mediocrity is tantamount to failure for him in the eyes of the American people.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Thank you and what a nice post.

I'm hoping things turn around for our country and that Barack is able to undo some of the mess George Jr. has wrought upon our country.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
His past a mystery, he has few tracks to examine. Those we can look at are worrisome.

Obama never, ever, has accomplished a single thing, except get elected.

His cabinet makes it appear that Hillary won. ???

The man can attend a church for 20 years and not know the preacher was a racist bastard. His situational awareness is somewhat lacking, or he's lying through his teeth.

We're stuck with him.

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I am looking forward to the next 8 years.

not so much...

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Seems like a tool to me.

We will see how he does, so far it's just "hire the same advisors as bush, appoint those he promised into power, carry on Bush Doctrine."

new name. Same game.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Barack Obama won the election because he supports the Federal Reserve:

www.ny.frb.org...

Barck Obama won the election because he is apart of the ruling Dynasty:

www.youtube.com...

Barack Obama won this election because George Bush did exactly what he was suppose to do, he convinced the world that he is "incompetent":

www.youtube.com...

Barack Obama voted yes to take away our fourth amendment right because we have to "compromise":

voices.washingtonpost.com...

So apparently Obama is either ignorant or pretending to believe that "terrorism" is a serious threat...

Barack Obama IS NOT GOING TO HELP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, Barack Obama is going to help the American Corporations.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
hussien obama is not going to do anything special...he just another politician with a good speech...you are all being brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I like Obama, I supported him, and I voted for him.

And I do not regret it at all.

But we shouldn't get too starry-eyed either.

He's a decent man, thoughtful, and quite sincere IMO.

On the other hand he is part of a political & social "mainstream" that has failed, and I expect he will be very careful about questioning that mainstream's beliefs, lest he be pilloried as a "radical", something he is quite far from. He is the product of a very flawed & hypocritical culture, just like any American politician, good man or not, wise man or not...

On change.gov he just said he's not going to support marijuana legalization, for one thing.

So when is he going to turn himself in to the authorities for smoking pot in college?

I won't hold my breath

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

Your welcome to talk for yourself and your country, but like your projected savior Obama, it would be nice if you tried not to do so for Europeans. Not sure what Americans are so proud of actually. Waving the flag, Guantanamo or just having their constitution burned? Honestly, I feel for America and Americans.

As for Obama. He hasn't done anything yet aside talking about change: A stolen slogan; Furthermore his lies are mounting every day. Looks like people are glad just because a president with some color has been elected. Sadly not for the person he really is.

Lets see. If the internet is still uncensored that is. After 1-4 years when the hysteria has toned down how happy everyone will be. All I have seen now is just crazy people and a lot of talking. No changes. At least not for the good.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Stranded]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
A government of the people, by the people and for the people. I am not into hero worship. If the US were a car and Obama the new driver I would say he was just handed the keys to a stolen car that is stripped bare and sitting on cinder blocks in the ghetto. Good Luck.

However that being said I am noticing a confluence of events and signs that suggest something special is about to happen...something good. The latest sign is it appears that Caroline Kennedy will become the Senator of NY! It is about trust, hope, intelligence, respect and inclusiveness. Could be that I am mesmerized by the NWO...but I doubt it, if so I would suggest that the Masters of the Universe might have started something that is bigger than them!

Even though he is being handed this absolute disaster of a country I know many people of various political stripes who are secretly feeling hopeful about the US again. I am one of them. But no one individual can make the changes or implement the massive effort which will be required. It is up to us together to put the country back on the right path and Obama is inspiring.

I have to go now I want to go throw some shoes at President Disaster!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join