It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could ATS have a national newspaper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is it possible that ATS could publish a national newspaper for all to see or would it by accident be destroyed by powerthirsty ***** i personally tink something like this would be just amazing and almost perfect think about it

some of the best writers in the world (yes i would go as far as saying that) are on ATS at this very moment and i dont think im wrong in saying some extremely educated people here also

Or maybe start a internet weekly show and put it into youtube or have a separate website for it or something like that you know spread the word of ATS around a little bit more

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

Some good creative thinking you got there. Do you have the picture in your head as to looks, content, photos etc etc? Or is it just in idea stage?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sadly its just at the idea stage at the moment

hopefully one day though

you never know right

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hey great idea! However in essence we are an online newspaper.. While the writting may not be on printed paper.. the words and the all mighty google search function allows the USA over and some parts of the world to see everything we do here!
Everything we write, and everything we say is marked at the top of google search..

So in essence you could say we already are a national cyber news outlet!

You the reader decides what is news worthy!
You the reader has the power to make the news!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
seeing as how national newspapers are closing due to financial issues, I think it would cost way too much to implement. It is a great idea but cost-wise unsound.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I doubt it highly.We would never believe anything and would more then likely keep asking for proof.LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If this ever happens, EVER, I call an editing position. No offense, but I don't trust many people on this site with spelling, grammar, punctuation and the like.

With that said,
to this idea.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Agreed about the prohibitive cost of a publication..

But what about the web-show idea? I think that would be awesome... A kind of "Around ATS Weekly" broadcast. Lots of creative little segments could fit in there.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Newspapers are dying so no, I don't think a newspaper is the best idea. If it has to be print media then I think a weekly or monthly magazine would work better.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What? Are you kidding? National newspapers are exactly what this site and other like it, is/are fighting against; it would defeat the entire purpose of the site.

[edit on 12/12/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think it could publish month by month as newsletters or hard print as a way to wake people up, but things move pretty fast here online. The hard copy would be, by nature, older stuff.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The standards of evidence accepted on ATS would have to be GREATLY improved upon before it would ever be accepted as more than just a "Bigfoot ate my baby" type of newspaper. The amount of unfounded guesswork portrayed as fact on ATS is staggering. There are a few gems on ATS (which is why I'm here - to learn), but a lot of guff (chemtrails, crop circles, photos from Mars showing aliens having dinner, etc.).

I'm not ragging on anyone in particular, just the level of hatred some seem to have for the scientific method. ATS has a lot of work to do before it will be accepted whole-sale by the general public, and even more before it's accepted by the scientific community. Progress is being made, it's just slow and painstaking work. I don't think ATS would serve quite as many adverts or draw quite as many users if it had strict rules on the standards of evidence required for discussing alleged phenomena. But that's me being cynical

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Ye maybe you are right their maybe ATS does need to evolve a little bit more befoer it can be accepted by the rest of the world but i still think it would be amazing if something like a newspaper could be brought out

better yet the weekly internet video where the best threads of the week can get noticed stuff like that

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
seeing as how national newspapers are closing due to financial issues, I think it would cost way too much to implement. It is a great idea but cost-wise unsound.

Mans right.
But a news site with articles written by participants would be interesting.
We could have volunteers research and write. Extract info and quotes from threads. Have a crossword. Conspiracy comics.

Conspiracy classifieds.
Survivalist seeks long term relationship. Please send picture of food cache.

We could even have a weekly lottery for points.
Todays winning number - 666

Might be fun.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Start with a newsletter sent out by email.

Newspapers are not profitable but a cool sonspiracy newspaper would be profitable b/c it reaches a lot of different demos (young males especially)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Great post star for you

and thats a great idea we could have volounteers from ATS to write about the best threads of the week or maybe the most interesting like an award for the best stuff

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I imagine “men in black” types buying up a bunch of copies every morning and passing them out to their colleagues.

(no one liner to see here)

new topics

top topics

join