It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plz Stop Crusade In India (Conversion Of Hindus)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Memo to Hindus: Fight charity with charity!

The usual Christian tactic is to buy converts with charity. This is the Achilles heel of Hinduism. With it's reliance on the law of karma bolstered by the caste system, Hindus often, not always of course, but often believe that people are poor because of bad karma and therefore should remain poor to pay off the bad karma. Similarly with birth in a low caste like the untouchables.

These beliefs leave a gap in the line that Christians take advantage of. The way to stop the Christians in India is to make Hindu charity to the poor and low caste people second to none. Most people don't want to convert to a different religion than the one they were born into, especially a religion as great and rich as Hinduism. Imagine converting from Hinduism to Christianity?

I don't want to put down Christianity but there is no comparison between the two religions. Both religions have wonderful teachings but Christianity has only rudimentary awareness of the possibilities of meditation. Also Hinduism is the historical religion of India. I'm really against evangelism. It's a dreadful culture destroyer. However, if in this case it leads to Hinduism becoming more socially responsible, then some good may become of it.

Hindus of India, fight charity with charity!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Wrong. The one world religion will consist of elements of ALL major religions fused together into a great big syncretized mess with a heavy dose of Theosophy. This should be common knowledge by now. There will not be a Christian World Order until Christ himself returns to establish it. The church is very much aware of this and will therefore NOT be setting up a "one world Christian religion". This is also common knowledge.

You mean like how the bible has a collection of stories from all kinds of different religions?

A religion is in itself a theosophy. Are you saying the bible doesn't talk of the nature of god etc?

And how do you explain the creation of a church of Christ before the return? For is not the christian church a religion which has sprung up centuries after Christ walked the earth and before his return?

Also, how do you explain how Christians are to be persecuted the entire time until the return of Jesus, and yet the most powerful position on earth(president of the US) is constantly occupied by so called "Christians".

You can go around saying you are Christian all the time. But if you actually talk about doing what Jesus said, you are denied and persecuted.

The Christian church is the Church of Satan. It teaches a wide path, when Jesus taught a narrow path. The rich man gets into heaven according to the church, but Jesus told that same rich man to go walk the path and sell his riches.

9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Christian wasn't a word at the time this was written, so "Christians" are actually Jews.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare

Originally posted by moocowman
the christian cult appears to be imploding but not without the flailing of its insectoid (real word?) limbs in places of asia and the minds of the ignorant.

What a hateful statement that was. Bigotry at its finest.

I fail to see how this is hateful bigotry, I am condemning the cult of christianity and not people. This is no different to your imaginary jesusgod hating homosexuality and not homosexuals, or is your god the original bigot?

Originally posted by moocowman
a nasty virus normally starts as 1% so the sensible thing is to eradicate it before it even gets to 3%.

Why are you suggesting that Christianity should be eradicated? Oh...I see, its because you think Christianity is a "nasty virus". Why are you so full of hatred and bigotry? I think you need psychological help.

Interestingly enough, some of the questions asked by psychiatrists when evaluating a patient are -

"Do you here voices in your head, like someone speaking to you?"

"Do you believe you are special in some way, and have been selected for a special purpose ?"

"Do you have a friend that no one else can see or hear?"

Needless to say an affirmative answer is normally diagnosed as delusion.
One must also bear in mind that your imaginary friend, by your own definition of bigotry is indeed a bigot.
Of course any actions you take in life, you can attribute to the instruction of your delusion.

I however have to take responsibility for my actions, which I am now doing and pointing out to you, that your cult is damaging other people. Acting under orders was not acceptable at Nuremberg and is certainly not acceptable to billions of people who don't share your delusion.

Originally posted by badmedia
Sounds like the christian church is trying to establish a 1 world religion to me.

Wrong. The one world religion will consist of elements of ALL major religions fused together into a great big syncretized mess with a heavy dose of Theosophy. This should be common knowledge by now. There will not be a Christian World Order until Christ himself returns to establish it. The church is very much aware of this and will therefore NOT be setting up a "one world Christian religion". This is also common knowledge.

So do you have any evidence att all to back up these claims, or is this relayed to you via someone elses' dreams ?

As for the rest, this is the stupidest thread I have seen in months. Another "Lets bash Christians" thread. Very, very stupid. Seriously.

This is not a bash christians thread more like a bashing of christianity thread. Unlike your cult, if you don't like our views you can just say no thanks and continue with your delusion. Just like tv but unlike the christian cult you can just reach for the off button at any time you've had your fill.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by Lightmare]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by mr.m79

Here's a taste of that one:
"Violence first broke out on December 24 during an altercation between Hindus and Christians over Christmas celebrations in Orissa’s Kandhamal district. A group of Christians then attacked the vehicle of a local leader of a right-wing Hindu organization. In retaliation, Hindu mobs burned down at least 19 churches, and attacked church officials. Christians then began to attack Hindu properties. A number of villagers have fled their homes to escape the violence. The state government failed to act quickly, leaving vulnerable groups at risk, which enabled the violence to escalate over the last four days. The exact death toll in these clashes is still unknown, though the media have reported the deaths of at least eight people."

So, my Hindu pal, when the Christian Missionaries come to the door, and you aren't interested in their pitch...just say "No Thanks". Trust me, it works pretty good.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

HELLO BROTHERS & SISTERS,
I AM VERY THANKFUL TO ALL OF YOU FOR REPLYING & DISCUSSING ON THIS SUBJECT ( AND I AM SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD )

HELLO SRI JohnnyCanuck , AS OF U HEARD OR WAT U READ IN THE NEWS PAPER IS NOT REALLY A TRUE IT TRUE Violence broke out on December 24
BECAUSE THE Christian Missionaries & THEIR SUPPORTERS KILLED Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati, 4 others HINDUS FIRST,
HE WAS KILLED JUST BECAUSE HE RECONVERTED ALL THE HINDUS WHO WHERE FORCED TO CONVERT AS Christians , AND EDUCATED THEM AND TECH ED THEM WAT IS HINDUISM

THIS THING HAPPENED ONCE IN THE PAST DO U REMEMBER ?
EXACTLY IT IS IN THE HOLLY BIBLE YES IT HAPPENED TO CHRIST HIMSELF NOW U TELL ME THEY DID A RIGHT THINK OR WRONG ?THANKING U R BROTHER ( AND PLZ REMEMBER NO ONE IS SINNER ,EVERY ONE IS BLESSED BY GOD )
OM SHANTHI....

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

NAMASTE,
DEAR FRN BASICALLY INDIA IS A HINDU COUNTRY NO ONE IS A BORN CHRISTIAN HERE , THEIR FATHER , GRAND FATHERS WHERE CONVERTED UNDER THE NOZZLE OF GUN BY THE CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES

THEY WHERE (HINDUS) FORCED TO CONVERTED TO PROTECT THEIR FAMILY'S BEING KILLED BY THE CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES, THIS WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THE PAST OK.

AND NOW THE HINDUS ACTING VERY VIOLENTLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR CULTURE LIKE " EGYPT " ONE OF THE GREATEST CULTURE WHICH HAS NO MATCH IN ANY FORM IN ART & CULTURE & FOR THEIR KNOWLEDGE.

" ALL THESE GREAT ART , CULTURE & KNOWLEDGE DESTROYED JUST BECAUSE OF CHRISTIANITY & CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES "
GO SEARCH THE PAGES OF HISTORY WHERE EVER CHRISTIANITY GOT CONTROL OVER ANY REGION THEY LOST EVERY THINK ........MENACE EVERY THINK ,

CHRISTIANITY IT`S JUST A BRAIN WASHING , THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN SCIENCE , IN INDIA PPL BELIEVE IN JYOTISHASTRA (ASTROLOGY) WHICH IS ALSO A VERY OLD SCIENCE , OUR GURUS AND SANYASI`S (PRIEST ) HAD THE KNOWLEDGE AT THAT TIME THAT THERE ARE 9 PLANETS AND SURYA (SUN ) IS IN THE CENTER ,BUT THE FACT IS " GALILEO " KILLED BECAUSE HE DISCOVERED "Galileo's views about the sun-centered solar system " AND ASKED Pope Urban VIII succeeded Pope Paul V and the Accademia dei Lincei TO MAKE CORRECTION IN BIBLE "
(FOR MORE INFORMATION)

courses.science.fau.edu...

SUCH RELIGION WHICH DO NOT RESPECT ANY HUMANITY WHICH IS TRYING TO CONQUER THE WORLD CAN HAVE ANY THING TO GIVE THE WORLD OR CAN MOVE WORLD TOWARDS PEACE .....? I doubt

BUT U CAN EXPECT FROM HINDUISM COS IT ACCEPTS THE FACTS & TEACHES ABOUT THE DUTY OF THE A PERSON IN LIFE , IT TEACHES TO RESPECT THE PARENTS, ELDERS, FRIENDS "

" IN GEETA, The Holy Book of Hindus SRI KRISHNA SAY'S
"HE WHO REGARDS WELL WISHERS,FRIENDS,FOES,NEUTRALS,MEDIATOR,THE OBJECTS OF HATRED,RELATIVES, THE VIRTUOUS & THE SINFUL ALIKE, STANDS SUPREME "

THIS IS HINDUISM ......

BUT THE PROPAGANDA AGAINST HINDUISM IS ALL AROUND THE WORLD ,
NOW I HAV A CHALLENGE 4 U (CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES) IF U HAV GUTS GO TO A MUSLIM COUNTRY TRY TO CONVERT ANY MUSLIM THE NEXT MINUTE U R APPOINTMENT WITH GOD WILL BE FIXED , BUT IT WON`T HAPPEN IN HINDUSTAN (INDIA) BECAUSE WE TREAT " JESUS & BUDDHA " EQUALLY ...

NAMASTE .SarvE janAha sukhino Bhavanthu.("Let everyone be happy”.)

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr.m79

I don't see any problem. See, here in America (and much of the world for that matter), we believe that it should be up to the individual. Most Christians aren't violent (just slightly annoying
). If you see a Christian that is violent, report him/her. However, maybe you should have more faith in your own religion. If it's worthy of your faith, then you should have faith that it's worthy of other's faith who will likewise not betray their faith

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr.m79
NAMASTE,
DEAR FRN BASICALLY INDIA IS A HINDU COUNTRY NO ONE IS A BORN CHRISTIAN HERE , THEIR FATHER , GRAND FATHERS WHERE CONVERTED UNDER THE NOZZLE OF GUN BY THE CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES

THEY WHERE (HINDUS) FORCED TO CONVERTED TO PROTECT THEIR FAMILY'S BEING KILLED BY THE CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES, THIS WAS ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THE PAST OK.

Sorry, but I don't believe that for a second. There may be a few scattered cases of violent Christians, but for the most part Christians aren't like that. I think you mistake Christianity for Muslim terrorists...
You act as though Christians are back road thugs - that's not how they work. To convert other religions, they show love and mercy (and a misunderstanding of scripture). I'm guessing people there don't like that fact, so they make up stories about violent Christians.

Tell me, did you actually see these violent acts, or did you just hear about them?

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr.m79

Wow. Where to begin?

I'm going to assume that some of your post that is patently ridiculous is actually due to the language barrier (by the way, your command of English is far better than mine of any other language, so that is not intended as an insult in any way), such as considering astrology a science. Perhaps you meant astronomy?

1) People are born into Christian families in India and are raised Christian since birth.

2) Galileo was not killed by the Church or by Christians. He died at the age of 78 after seeking and receiving the best medical care of his time.

3) Christianity had nothing to do with the downfall of Egypt.

4) Some of the greatest universities in the world were founded by Christians and were intended to be guided by Christian ideals.

5) There are Christian missionaries in muslim countries. They are met with death regularly.

6) Please use both uppercase and lowercase letters. All uppercase letters makes your postings difficult to read (for me anyway).

Have a nice weekend!

Eric

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

i am sorry brothers & sisters my English is not good

thank u for your suggestion bro, any how i posted this article coz person converted in India was not allowed to meet their family's & Hindu frns,their are not allowed to go to any Hindu marriage and other function .I have my personal experience my uncles only son (many other) is also converted to Christianity now he is not coming home & he`s trying to convert his sister also , for Hindu family a son is more important ,now he is living with other converted students (" he was converted in college by Campus Crusade for Christ ) , i don't know why ppl believe in religion and believe more than humanity . we don't mind that he converted to Christianity , but he is not looking after his parents & sis that`s why we are angry ,this not good think no one has right to break a family....... not in name of religion & believe. u might think that Hindus killed Christians in orissa (India) only the adivassi , their family's & frns know the fact ....

come and visit India, u can c photo of Jesus in Hindu house who feels no difference btw Jesus & Buddha , but a (converted) christian finds differences.....

for u r kind information plz see YT link

in.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Hi,

Don't worry about your command of English. It's fine and I admire your communicating outside of your native tongue. I wish that I was bilingual.

Thanks for posting the video. There was something very odd at the 5:11 mark. It almost looked like a very poor attempt at subliminal messaging. In the middle of a discussion about fake healings there is a 1 second cut to a woman lying on her back looking at the camera. Strange.

Just to clarify, if you are finding opposition to your expressed goals here, please realize that the opposition is to a general, sweeping condemnation of Christian missionaries. If there are specific instances of abuse, they should be condemned and I'm confident that no one here would support them.

Have a nice weekend.

Eric

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'll reiterate again...

The whole issue surrounding this is : Identity Politics.

In India the politicians running for power attempt to pander to certain "vote banks". So for example, they attempt to split the vote into Christian, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist etc in the hope that they can galvanise the entire community of a certain religion into voting for them.

e.g. Bal Thackeray's SS put up slogans saying "Hindu chi rakshak"... which loosely translates as an election promise saying "We will protect Hindus".

Other groups put up similar messages catering to each religion.

There are two simple ways to stop this:

1. Stop identity politics (unlikely to happen, since its highly effective).

2. Place a restriction on suffrage so that illiterate people cannot vote; therefore what religion they are is immaterial.

I would actually prefer option number 2, since I think that democracy can only work with an educated populace. Removing the suffrage rights of the illiterate would actually increase their security, since the politicians would cease playing realpolitik games with vote banks.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am a Christian and here's why I support the conversion of Hindus to Christianity.

Being a Christian, I have experienced divine Spiritual Enlightenment, selfless Love of all people, transcendence, infinity, eternity, selflessness, and the eternal Now.

When I ask others if they have this, the overwhelming answer is "No." That doesnt make me better than anyone, but I do know that if everyone had Spiritual Enlightenment, this world would be an amazing place.

So I wish to spread Spiritual Enlightenment, and I feel the Christian path is a lightning drive through path that freely gives Spiritual Enlightenment.

I do not doubt other paths, just distinguish the Christian path as that of grace where God freely gives you Enlightenment. In other paths you have to do meditations and spiritual exercises for decades to get "there" so to speak.

I am not an extremist and condone extremism from all sides. I just experience daily divine unconditional Love of all people and all things and wish to spread this Divinely experienced Love because my heart is bursting w/ compassion.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

this video shows the real fact ...

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If someone wants to convert away from Hinduism, it isn't any of your business to try and stop them. Nor is it another's business if someone converts TO Hinduism.

You are complicit in the type of hatred you are campaigning against.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr.m79 HELLO SRI JohnnyCanuck , AS OF U HEARD OR WAT U READ IN THE NEWS PAPER IS NOT REALLY A TRUE IT TRUE Violence broke out on December 24
BECAUSE THE Christian Missionaries & THEIR SUPPORTERS KILLED Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati, 4 others HINDUS FIRST,
HE WAS KILLED JUST BECAUSE HE RECONVERTED ALL THE HINDUS WHO WHERE FORCED TO CONVERT AS Christians , AND EDUCATED THEM AND TECH ED THEM WAT IS HINDUISM

No offence, but while I can understand your consternation about being told 'your religion is wrong'...which while distasteful, should not generate murder...I looked at some of your sources and I prefer to stick with what was reported by Human Rights Watch.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how missionaries (Christian or otherwise) are able to get guns through the airports.

I did hear in the news a few days ago about a hotel in Mumbai being attacked by a group seeking out to kill Americans. They had guns and grenades...but I'm sure that was a 'reaction' too, eh?

Scherr and his daughter were in the restaurant with other Synchronicity travelers when gunmen burst into the hotel and started shooting, Cannon said.
He said the hotel looked like "a bombed-out war zone."

"Bodies [were] everywhere, glass, everything broken and smoky," he said of the hotel, where grenades had exploded and fires had burned.

On his way out, police asked him if he could identify any remains, he said.

Cannon said he stepped over bodies and walked through pools of blood in the restaurant to get to the table where Alan and Naomi had been sitting.

"I found and identified Alan and Naomi, who were laying under the table, heads facing each other and their arms outstretched to each other and overlapping," he said. "It [was] one of the most challenging things I have ever had to do in my life, to identify the remains of two people who I loved like family."

Christian thinking like this must be stopped?:

"We must send them our love, forgiveness and compassion," Kia Scherr told reporters Tuesday of the Mumbai attackers, nine of whom were killed by Indian forces.

... we must show that love is possible and love overpowers fear. So that's my choice."
www.cnn.com... .html?iref=newssearch

[edit on 16-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I am a Christian and here's why I support the conversion of Hindus to Christianity.

Simply based upon that sentence, I find that I have to disagree with you. I'm happy for you that you have found a path to spiritual enlightenment through Christianity. But your words tell me that you are dismissive of any other paths or religions. And that does create problems ...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Simply based upon that sentence, I find that I have to disagree with you. I'm happy for you that you have found a path to spiritual enlightenment through Christianity. But your words tell me that you are dismissive of any other paths or religions. And that does create problems ...

I guess what I was trying to say is that after studying Hinduism for many years and knowing personally a handful of Hindu's, my personal conclusion was that Hinduism is polytheistic, idol worshipping, and non of the Hindu's I know claim Enlightenment (something that is only claimed by the Highest priests/monks)

So I see the movement as one where most Hindu's go their entire existence w/o ever reaching Enlightenment, something that is usually only claimed by Hindu monks, plus I feel like Hinduism is Old School and is the Old path to God. When Jesus came he updated the formula and made it the easiest way possible on this planet to receive the freedom that comes from Enlightenment.

I Used to be an atheist, Buddhist, then became a Christian all the while studying all paths, and personally the Christian one made the most sense, quickest, easiest, most graceful and so on. All the other paths required decades upon decades of meditation to achieve what God freely gives in the Xtian path in a few months or so.

So thats my whole thing. I feel like if Buddhism, Hinduism and many other old school spiritual paths were/are the right ones, then Jesus would never have to come because we would have what we need. Im not going to discuss Islam in this whole matter because for now I completely dismiss it as a relevant path, until I can study more on it.

Hinduism itself points at a future savior, whom I personally believe was a reference to Jesus.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Im not going to discuss Islam in this whole matter because for now I completely dismiss it as a relevant path, until I can study more on it.

I appreciate your well presented response to my somewhat curt comment, but I still find that one should respect another's spirituality...you know, within reason...because it is personal to them, and is very often part of a cultural self-definition. When you tell them they're praying to the wrong God, you are insulting them.

And I have to say that the sentence of yours that I quoted above is not exactly culturally sensitive. Mind you, it might just be awkwardly spoken, but I would suggest that the gazillions of adherants to the Islamic faith who are striving towards heaven ought not to be 'dismissed' untill you get around to them. Their faith is every bit as relevant as yours.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I guess what I was trying to say is that after studying Hinduism for many years and knowing personally a handful of Hindu's, my personal conclusion was that Hinduism is polytheistic, idol worshipping, and non of the Hindu's I know claim Enlightenment (something that is only claimed by the Highest priests/monks)

Either you have not studied hinduism and are lying or you didn't study but rather skimmed throught it and understood nothing!

Hinduism believes in ONE god and one god only!

One god, many names!
God is shapeless, therefore has many shapes
God is nameless, therefore has many names.

Since everything is God, you cannot ascribe an individual name and form to it

People even hold their hands together and say namaste to humans, because hindus believe even people have a little god in them.

If you do not understand this while saying that you studied hinduism, I suggest and hope that you "study" ALOT more and until then not comment on hinduism again until that time comes.

When you think there are many gods, those are just reincarnations of god, that's all.

I Used to be an atheist, Buddhist, then became a Christian all the while studying all paths, and personally the Christian one made the most sense, quickest, easiest, most graceful and so on. All the other paths required decades upon decades of meditation to achieve what God freely gives in the Xtian path in a few months or so.

You are basically saying that you are lazy and took the easiest solution for what you were looking for. Which most likely means you were never looking for anything in the first place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join