It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and its consequences

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Suicide is the only form of true universal freedom a human being has in this material realm. Someone wrote that suicide is the most selfish act a person can do, On the contrary, if family ,friends or loved ones cannot move on, accept or realise that the suicide has made their choice then the selfishness is in the love that cannot be let go of. with a better understanding of death which could be taught because it is known by man, however, it is also hidden by man from man.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just a little FYI for all of you.

Many people and I mean many these days are being subjected to poisons in the earth, water, air, and energy fields. It is pushing many people over the edge that normally would not happen.

Example: Mad Hatters Google the term.

Back in the day many hatters were going nuts, crazy because of the Mercury they were using to dye the hats, but the knowledge wasn't there to know what was going on.

Now look at today, Industry, Cell phones, process foods, prescription drugs, fluorides in the water supply, polluted air, VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) from every area in which we live, that come from plastics, carpeting, foams, anything synthetic, etc..., How about smoking, drinking, recreational drugs, foods, we don't even know where they come from?

Couple all these toxins together and it amazes me we don't have more people flipping completely out.

What is the norm?

If there was one person who was considered normal by our standards and 1000 people completely nuts who would be considered abnormal?

I think we all can agree we are slowing poisoning ourselves, so is this suicide?

Are we all going to be relegated to the lower astral realms for killing ourselves to early? Maybe we are all suppose to live till we are 300 years old, but kill ourselves slowly by ignorance and complacency.

Who are we to judge?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i had a friend kill himself this year. hung himself of a bridge. id knew him for a few years, i wouldn't say we where very close but i did call him a mate. anyways, after he did it i learned how much turmoil he had gone through in his life. it was sad to hear what he'd gone through, and i know he had options but to him he felt the only option left was to end it all. i felt it was a case of him just giving up. but thats that, and it was up to him not anyone else how he dealt with it, so i dont judge.

by the way does anyone know whats going on with that small town in Wales, the one where 20 odd people have all killed themselves in the last year and a half? something like 3 people from the same street have done it. all seem to be young and not many seem to have had any real reason. could be a massive conspiracy there somewhere......

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spuddyboy
by the way does anyone know whats going on with that small town in Wales, the one where 20 odd people have all killed themselves in the last year and a half? something like 3 people from the same street have done it. all seem to be young and not many seem to have had any real reason. could be a massive conspiracy there somewhere......

The most recent info I saw on this town was this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To summarise, a doctor in the UK believes that phone masts (cell phone towers) are linked to these suicides, given that all 22 of the people who took their lives lived closer than average to a cell phone tower.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

I would have to say this may be true, if you turn up the volume loud enough on anything people will freak out sooner or later.

Just think we are all energy vibrating at a certain frequency, and all of a sudden we get hit with thousand of different frequencies daily but one of two stand out or interfere with thinking, emotions, etc.....

Now what?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

My Father committed suicide 4 years ago after suffering a psychotic nervous breakdown. He literally was not in his right mind when he did it, there were voices telling him things all the previous week.

His brother also committed suicide years before at the tender age of 21.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt my Father is well, at peace and happy. I have had many many signs and visits from him after he passed on and have no worries about where he ended up.

My grandmother saw the younger brother (my uncle) materialize before her outdoors several weeks after he killed himself...he told her not to worry, that he was fine.

I think you ought to be a little more sensitive and careful about your opinions (as that is all they are) in respect of what happens to suicides in the next realm. I doubt you are expert enough to offer a truly informed opinion and some of what you say could really worry some people trying to come to terms with a loved one lost this way.

I've read a great deal of literature on life after death communications from people who have spent lifetimes communicating with the spirit world and only very rarely have I ever come across a tale of a suicide escaping peace in the afterlife. In 99% of cases described, although all the suicides expressed regret about their actions, they were all happy in their new world.

If anything I imagine someone who commits suicide gets extra help when they cross over. A soul is in serious pain if they do something like that so needs extra care and love.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
If anything I imagine someone who commits suicide gets extra help when they cross over. A soul is in serious pain if they do something like that so needs extra care and love.

I will half agree with you on this.
You should watch "What Dreams May Come" its a really interesting movie on the afterlife.

I also want to show you something else.

www.near-death.com...
Where was I? I was immersed in darkness. My eyes seemed to adjust, and I could see clearly even though there was no light. The darkness continued in all directions and seemed to have no end, but it wasn't just blackness, it was an endless void, an absence of light. It was completely enveloping.

I swung my head around to explore the thick blackness and saw, to my right, standing shoulder to shoulder, a handful of others. They were all teenagers.
"Oh, we must be the suicides."

With a laugh, I opened my mouth, but before I could form the words, they came tumbling out. I wasn't sure whether I had thought the words or had attempted to say them, but they were audible without my having to move my lips. Then I wasn't sure if these other people had heard me, until the guy next to me responded.

He didn't say a word to me. He slowly looked down at me and turned forward again. There was absolutely no expression on his face, no warmth or intelligence in his eyes. Suspended in darkness, he and all the others stood fixed in a thoughtless stupor.

Suddenly, as if we had been waiting for a kind of sorting process to take place, I was sucked further into the darkness by an unseen and undefined power, leaving the teenagers behind. I landed on the edge of a shadowy realm, suspended in the darkness, extending to the limits of my sight.

I knew that I was in a state of hell, but this was not the typical fire and brimstone hell that I had learned about as a young child. The word purgatory rose, whispered, into my mind.

Men and women of all ages, but no children, were standing or squatting or wandering about on the realm. Some were mumbling to themselves. The darkness emanated from deep within and radiated from them in an aura I could feel. They were completely self-absorbed, every one of them too caught up in his or her own misery to engage in any mental or emotional exchange. They had the ability to connect with one another, but they were incapacitated by the darkness.

This shows that sometimes it isnt all good when we kill ourselves.

But, "God" does bitch at us for killing ourselves.

www.near-death.com...
Angie realized that none of the other suicides in this hellish condition were aware of God's presence. God told her, "Don't you know that this is the worst thing you could have done?"

She realized then she had thrown in the towel and because of it, she had cut herself off from God and from his guidance. She felt trapped. She told God, "But my life is so hard."

God's reply was, "You think that was hard? It is nothing compared to what awaits you if you take your life. Life's supposed to be hard. You can't skip over parts. We have all done it. You must earn what you receive."

I honestly have an idea of what happens when we kill ourselves. I have had many debates on suicide being an unforgivable sin. I do not think it is but it is a sin you can not say sorry for in the eyes of the christian god. so therefor unforgivable.

Anyway.. I think these people died because they wanted to end this misery. I have thought about it many times.. I consider suicide to be kinda of like a reset button on a PS3 or something.

You kill yourself and you are put in the same situations as you did here but you get to make a better choice on what you do instead of repeating your same mistakes.

Anyway I hope this helps in some way.

I mentioned my thought of god as christian god because I do not believe in the same god as everyone else. I believe in something I created out of research and understanding. I do not agree with the bible and how they portray god in it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

In your eyes it is a sin eh.
What makes you think I am interested in hearing that kind of biased , bigoted claptrap?
The religious lot invented sin. I prefer to see suicide as a CHOICE , albeit one that is not usually a good one. Then of course the mentally ill suicides often don't even really understand what they are doing .

[edit on 29/12/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I didn't say it was, I said according to christian religion which I do not follow.

Look they say the unforgivable sin is suicide, why because you can not ask for forgiveness after the deed is done, supposedly you are dead in the ground until judgement day where god then tells you your judgement so how the hell is it a forgivable sin?

That is what I said, now I will repeat what I think suicide is.

I stated that suicides are typical a reset button. Think PS3, Xbox 360 or something. You get sick of a game and u reset for a better outcome. I believe people who commit suicides go through this same process. They replay their lives and try and make better decisions than they did in this life, for all I know they can replay this life again because Death astral is all the same over there so there is no way in telling what can happen there.

I didn't say what you think I said.

I believe in GOD because of research and understanding, I do not believe in the "God" they talk about in the bible, if you look at my above post it clearly shows God is more loving than what they state in the bible. So for the record I do not agree with the bible and I do not think God is as big of a ass as they say in the bible. I was merely pointing out for religious purposes that Suicide is unforgivable sin, there is no way around it unless you can talk after death.

And ahh commandment 6 Thou shall not kill, that includes yourself also.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by cosmicpixie

And ahh commandment 6 Thou shall not kill, that includes yourself also.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law...

as if the majority of people have any control over their mind when they get to the point of killing themselves. I am sick of the view that people who kill themselves are selfish...they are in pain, simple as that.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
She asked how is killing yourself a sin, I answered.
I don't see it that way, why is it so hard for you people to read?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Look they say the unforgivable sin is suicide, why because you can not ask for forgiveness after the deed is done, supposedly you are dead in the ground until judgement day where god then tells you your judgement so how the hell is it a forgivable sin?

Firstly, let me say that I do understand that you're putting forward the Christian perspective on suicide even though you don't believe it yourself. Even still though, I think the view you have put forward is more of a Catholic view than a Christian one.

I understand the principal you're putting forward, and I'm sure many Christians probably hold to this. But by that logic, any sin committed between your last 'confession' and your death would be considered unforgivable. So if you lie to someone, then get hit by a bus moments later you wouldn't have a chance to ask forgiveness, therefore your lie would be an unforgivable sin.

Most of the Christians I have known seem to believe that suicide is not an unforgivable sin. The reasoning that was always given was that when someone accepts Jesus, he forgives all of their sins: past, present and future.

Just offering another perspective on the Christian view of suicide. And for the record, I don't actually subscribe to either view.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

But that person don't accept Jesus then we are in the same boat as my previous post.

Anyway thanks for the help.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I didn't read your post properly, it sounded like you yourself saw it as some kind of unforgivable sin.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In an odd bit of synchronicity, while at the time I was reading this earlier in the morning, apparently my uncle did the deed by jumping...

Sigh...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, here's my two cents. I'm neither Christian nor do I belong to any other particular religion. I do understand what the OP --- unfortunately in a very awkward, warbled way -- has tried to say... and what ThichHeaded too was saying.

It's not just in the Christian religion, but also in Buddhism that suicides end up in hell. In Buddhism, though (read "The Tibetan Book of the Dead"), it is said that the seven hells described therein are mere but very realistic illusions, created from the mind of the person who committed suicide. Which means, once that person realizes it is an illusion, they have a chance to get out of their self-created prison. (As ThichHeaded already said, watch "What Dreams May Come," it is a great illustration of the Buddhist, rather than the Christian, view.)

Now, of course, none of us KNOWS for a fact what's happening in the afterlife (after all, we're all still here) so this is all speculation -- the hellish scenario as well as the beautiful afterlife -- so no need to jump at each other's throats here.

The hell theory makes a lot of sense to me, though, simply because that's where those people live here on Earth... in a virtual hell, suffering immense physical or emotional pain. And there's no reason to believe that once they're dead, they would be all happy and joyful... why would they?

People who have been doing regular, conscious OBOs for years and have gone exploring other dimensions say that since it's much less dense than the threedimensional plane, thoughts instantly manifest on the astral plane. That means, if you die thinking dark thoughts of despair and emptiness, then that might very well be what you're manifesting. The good part is, it's just a creation of your own mind, not a punishment by God or whatever, and you can get out.

[edit on 31-12-2008 by sylvie]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by swinggal

Totally understand where you are coming from being a depression sufferer myself..your description is oh so right and unless someone else actually suffers from the condition themselves they cannot understand how you feel.....& yes sometimes sadley you feel that there is only one way out of the blackness.....

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
cowards way out,just goes to show you,life isn't always riding on top,everyone has to hit bottom one time or another

I agree it's the cowards way out. To many people have had it bad in their life but they made it through one way or another. Some people have the gutts to stick it out while others don't. Suicide is just an excuse they should call it coward and if you commit it then that's what you were.

disagree with you here sorry,when you are so low and feel that no matter what happens that is good around you, you cannot feel happy-this route seems the only way out of the misery that you feel...Not a cowards way out...sorry..but you feel at that moment in your life the only way out...
You cannot judge,how a person feels at that time,unless you have felt it yourself..Suicide is Selfish yes,but not cowardly...but then depression is a selfish illness as it affects "you" and only "you" and the people around you have to put up with you when you are at your lowest...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by special]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not convinced its a spiritual, karmic "punishment" that makes some suicides not able to move on, and into healing. Karma is overplayed, and forgiveness covers all, and self forgiveness is crucial. I think people have a possibility of becoming trapped and some of ending in a place they shouldn't be, because of something they feel about themselves, and a fear of searching for God, a self judgment. Not true for everyone, I'm sure many have faith to move on, or are met by their team of helpers and loved ones, or are curious enough to graviate towards the good, and advancement, knowing that in life all things inform the soul, and good guy roles and bad guy roles add to the collective pot, the collective growing, in fact, they speed up everyones lessons somewhat.

A casual acquaintance killed herself. The man she was living with had rented the garage on my our rental property, and he stayed over there a lot, and they were having a big fight. I was the last person to talk to her on the phone while she kept phoning for him. There was a lot into that experience, because I actually saw a van coming to pick him up with bad news, just after I had settled my children into bed. I had felt this gong, this off color, discordant vibratory gong. I had a suspicion that this meant what it meant. I didn't even have her street address. Well, the van went to pick him up just around noon with the news. He moved into the garage illegally, but the sleazy landlord let him. Every night, around that time, I felt this rage building, surrounding the garage, at my windows. I did a lot of praying, asking her to go into the light. And I sensed her rage, and her fear. This lasted several months in which many of her friends encountered this. A mug flew off the stove where it was back a ways and perfectly safe, and smashed to the floor when I visited his garage with a message for him. He was a backyard mechanic, and a runner, and a very popular guy because of all this.

I never told the kids about it, it was inappropriate. I felt much compassion for her. But, its not a good vibe and I kept taking them out around that time to the 711 to grab a jug of milk for morning, because I just couldn't handle it. On one such an occasion, my somewhat psi son told his brother, "come and see the ghost!" They ran through the carport out back to the garage, right where I could feel her raging. And I had to go there and pull them into the car. He described a transparent whitish form, he couldn't tell if it was male or female.

So I began to pray in earnest again, and this time I actually heard her voice saying that she couldn't be saved. Now, I'm not a classic Christian and believe in a far more loving God than is depicted by Scripture, the multiverse and more, and that everyone evolves eventually, thats the purpose. I suddenly remembered that she had given me a beautiful bouquet of flowers, that she had picked from neighbours gardens around the property lol, when they were partying it up in the garage and I was crying one day. So, I started praying in earnest to God, saying she had a really hard life, but had a very big heart, and now she was afraid to move towards God and forward.
Please, if she won't go to You, come to her and take her in Your arms.

Several months after this began, the very next morning, I was making coffee and thinking that I should contact some more traditional Christians and try and get a group that could help with this situation, when the words spoke in my heart. Its over. She's safe. She's home now. And I was flooded with peace and love. It never happened again.

I think a person's perception and stubborn fear can keep them from advancing.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I had this musing that if you commit suicide, you will simply live your same life over again and again until you learn how to deal with suffering... or you live the life of a person close to you who has had to deal with your decision to kill yourself. Because it's all about learning and becoming aware. Suicides may have many differnt types of outcomes based on the circumstances or the lives lived before. Maybe the person who has comited suicide is someone who never forgave their loved one in a previous life and has been placed into the situation to learn what it is like for a suicidal person. Maybe the person has commited trauma on a child and ruined that child's life in a past life, so this time around he has been placed in a similar situation to what the child in his previous life went through.

Is this a naive thing to think that even situations that seem like cruel situations that no one deserves to live through may indeed have a higher purpose to do the individual soul that lives through or dies in them good?
Is this some eternal punishment? No, I don't think so. I think that people get in their lives EXACTLY what they deserve, and what they deserve may not be what they want much of the time... but it's what they need in order to understand... and life lessons are not always easy or desired. Or else what would be the point of this life? We would learn nothing if it wasn't for pain and suffering. We would take everything for granted and there would be no meaning in our existence. Overcoming obstacles towards understanding and peace and compassion for all sentient beings is the goal. While I greatly empathize with those who are suffering great hardships, I can't change the conditions these people are in unless they change their thought patterns, and if they don't change and they perish in their suffering... I cannot truthfully judge the good or the bad of the situation, because I do not know what has brought a being to that life and those circumstances in which they lived and died.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join