It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English top secret base! ASHFORD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
will you try to take some photos, of it and surrounding area, because if it is big it must have some vents or something i would guess.

remember underground bases in england have a tendency of being there without anyones knowledge, on the surface there may be nothing going on at all to say that there was an undergound base

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
im going see if i can get hold of a map of the area or evening the base

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
remember when you go there in the surrounding area there may be concealed vents. people may generally not bother with these unless they know there is a underground base.

just remember that it may be a big base undergound if it has been likened to the size of the pentagon

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
remember when you go there in the surrounding area there may be concealed vents. people may generally not bother with these unless they know there is a underground base.

just remember that it may be a big base undergound if it has been likened to the size of the pentagon

Hmmm..just been doing google searchs on this and i can't find anything offical on Templar Barracks. Don't even know its location

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is a AF base in a town in the north-west of england called Warrington..now thats got a #in huge base underground.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

There is a AF base in a town in the north-west of england called Warrington..now thats got a [V] huge base underground.

do you have any info on that base etc...

[Edited on 4-4-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ive no idea if its still in use it certainly wasnt when I went,there. There was two main parts I saw 1 was the intelligence side where agents etc ... were trained ,also an area where special forces would test out any new equipment for evaluation even down to types of barb wire fencing,there was a vehicle compound with covers for when known satellites passed overhead ,I also saw a room with different types of doors in for testing how easy it was to open them.
The other part was huge warehouse/hangers where tanks were stored as the base had its own railway siding from the mainline which was ideal for shipping to europe during the coldwar. I was told one of the warehouses was used by special forces for building mock ups of buildings to be raided etc... although all of these were empty when I was there.
All I will say about the underground section is its not where you would expect it to be nor the entrance,I wont say anymore on this as a previous thread said the place may still be use,I havent been back there since so cannot confirm.
The relevent intelligence units there I was told they had all moved to different places which for obvious reasons I wont say where. I like you lot love the mysteries of these types of places but in the times we now live in I feel it would be inappropriate to print al that one knows in case the wrong people are reading it .
As I have said I was only allowed there because the military had moved out .

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What i would like to do is to get as much information we can about this base in Ashford, most important its location so we can plan an investigation.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i thought you said you knew the area infinite

there have been a few laready on this thread who seem to know the base(the base above ground anyway)

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know Ashford yeah, but not the location of this base. I have a feeling that its been moved due to the other one being close cause of the tunnel, but it might be linked underground

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My friend who was based at Templar, tells me that they had another name for the place. 'The Manor House' or DISS building. This could refer to DI55.
Also he says that the IRA were taken there and interogated.

He has no recollection of any significant underground facilities.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"infinite", so are you going to go there for a look, i am sure the underground base has not been moved, just remember they hide these places well.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
well i've got a 2 week easter break from college so the next two weeks will envolve investigating.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If the base is no longer in MOD hands the bunker would have been filled and sealed. If the old mansion is still there ,there is in the basement a secret passage that went up several flights of stairs to a secret room at the top of the house.There was also another underground bunker used for the storage of ammo but this was quite small and only went down a couple of floors.In the interrogation block there was one cell that could be slowly heated to break down a prisoner.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by herstmonceux
If the base is no longer in MOD hands the bunker would have been filled and sealed. If the old mansion is still there ,there is in the basement a secret passage that went up several flights of stairs to a secret room at the top of the house.There was also another underground bunker used for the storage of ammo but this was quite small and only went down a couple of floors.In the interrogation block there was one cell that could be slowly heated to break down a prisoner.

Thank you very much,herstmonceux
hopefully myself and other ATS members will be able to have an on going investigations on this base.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
is there noway someone can enquire to someone in the military if the base above ground is still active. i assume someone should be able to tell you

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
is there noway someone can enquire to someone in the military if the base above ground is still active. i assume someone should be able to tell you

well its listed as a secret base, so i doubt they will tell you if its still active

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Underground bases are nothing new in the UK. It's a waste of time getting in a tizzy just because there happens to be something going on underneath.

Northwood, Porton Down and many others go down miles.

www.northwood.mod.uk...

Most have their operational centres deep underground due to the Cold War fear of nuclear weapons. Add to this the fact that the UK is pushed for space and sometimes down is the only way to go. There's a whole city under Westminster with miles of tunnels where Churchill directed the WW2 effort.

Ashford itself was a headquarters to the Intelligence sevices for a long time and although I've never heard of IRA suspects actually being taken there, there is no doubt that Ashford was a base from where many intelligence operations against the IRA originated.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the reason i started this topic was because i was just sick of area51 posts. i wanted to discuss something else. and the point that there is other underground bases in england is nothing new, yes we know that.

it is just the fact that the bases you named are well known and the ashford base has nothing known about it on the internet, and absolutly no one speaks about it. i am not interested about the IRA stuff, i just wanted to know if anyone on here knew about the UNDERGROUND base there and just to share info.

it is just that there may be some serious stuff going on there, and i thought people should know about something new.

and infinity i was just asking about the above ground base that is not secret, it would be interesting to see if this is still acknoledge this is still active, because it cannot be secret because if it is overground it means it can be seen.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have to agree with leveller here ,the base was huge and the underground part was not a seperate base rather a protected area which held sensitive equipment that needed protection from the possible effects from a nuclear blast.By all means have a look for it but I stood yards from the entrance and never noticed until I was told it was there.and where the actual underpart was there were no visible signs at all.If you go to have a look let me know whats left there and if its no longer a military establishment I will let you know where the underground part is.I dont live anywhere near so cannot go myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join