It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English top secret base! ASHFORD

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I've actually been inside the bunker, the MOD fire service train at RAF Manston, Part of the BA Guideline phase is carried out in one of the bunker service shafts. Seemed like a perfectly normal concrete box buried in the ground to me. And before anyone asks, no, I didn't see the MIB or special forces.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
English top secret base! ASHFORD

Well, now that you have just announced it, it's not so top secret anymore.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
do not ask about Ashford or think of haven a look ......dont ask about di55 pls

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i live like right next to it i havent seen that much but like u sed its all underground but its right next to a massvie woodland and the woodland was used in ww2 to shot down the planes if u go there npw u can still see the clearing they made and where bunkers use to be to mount the guns onto also bout the tunnels they are there when ashford was getting transformed in the late 1900' they built a massive building i would say bout 20/30 floors probs more when they done this they had to build a big carpark for all the office workers and the plan was to build it under the building but when they was putting in the foundations for this building they found an old tunnel there and they stop the plan for a underground carpark and now there on next to it above ground. they town was an old transport town so it wouldn suprise me at all cos of all the old trains that use to come here. i know that in sturry is the super computer for the goverment its deep underground its a massive back up off all doc and data and banks computer from london. hope im to help if wanna speak more email me faceboi:hotmail.co.uk

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hey... i'm just reading along with the post and I'm curious.
What is the DI55??

Ask and you shall receive?
I apologize - I read like 6 posts further and saw someone put links about the DI55.
Thanks. And please let us know what you find when you investigate!

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Allegory of Illumination]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by herstmonceux

I live just up the road from the site, Alot of the site now has houses on it but some of the army barracks buildings are still there and in use

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good old Templar Barracks. This thread is evergreen :O)

It's all been moved to RAF Chicksands, along with most of the Navy and RAF elements of the wide and fascinating intelligence trade.

UK's Area 51? hahahahah.

Bunker complex? hahahahah.

Burnt-out, psychotic training-wing staff? Now we're talking ;O)

Retired Special Branch coppers sat behind their newspapers in the pubs, spying on the trainees? Absolutely.

I found/recruited their first black-hat hacker, when the IT security section was 3-man strong and clueless.

Random fact... In the officers-mess main staircase there was a large full-body portrait of Enoch Powell. At least, that is what was explained to me as a peered at it whilst on perimeter-checks one night. Mind you, on looking at photos of Field Marshal Templer, for whom the barracks were named, I could have had my leg pulled.

The Snot-Hats had a twisted sense of humour...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Maybe in England...

I'm from England, but I think they'd put the most secret underground bases in Wales or Scotland.

In England there aren't that many private places with contours to stick a base.

But Wales is AT LEAST 50% hills, mountain and uninhabited fields..

And Scotland has A LOT of mountains.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by doser

indeed you are correct......

try looking near Brecon in Wales . and try Eskdakemuir in Scotland as two places. sorry i wont say anymore than that.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
In England we have the new GCHQ building which goes down under ground for several floors and we also Porton down and boscombe down, the later being sold off to qinetiq I think.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well I used to work at Templar Barracks in Ashford before they moved elsewhere, I never heard of DI55 - but I worked in DISS - the Defence intelligence Security School. And who knows about an underground secret bunker?? But there is definitely a large underground facility somewhere in the UK that I am aware of and it wasn't in Ashford.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As a former serving soldier and engineer my skills took me into many of the military bases mentioned here and few that people don't seem to know about i.e Porton down , Fylingdales etc etc and i can categorically tell you that underground facilities are a throwback to the cold war and don't really exist anymore. As an engineer I feel compelled to point out the logistical difficulties of having underground facilities in remote places such as electrical supply , sanitation , communications , air filtration , personnel rotation and waste disposal to mention but a few . if there was a secret facility somewhere in wales or Scotland it's location would be quickly given away by the stream of supplies and personnel going in and out that would be required to operate it . The modern world and modern technology have pushed us away from such things...but of course they do make for a very entertaining story

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join