It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - What's it all about?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I hear ya, I think the whole idea of 2012 is just a little mind-boggling. I haven't had much interest in it really, then my relatives brought it up, and well the more I talk about it the more I want to find out.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Incarnated

How long do you suppose it would take a person just starting out, to get a pretty grasp on 2012?

I'd have to say less then 4 years!

get it?

Truthfully it all depends upon your logic functions and abilities to understand models.

You'd first need to understand, devlope a perspective, what angle is a correct viewpoint for your understandings.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by MCoG1980

I hear ya, I think the whole idea of 2012 is just a little mind-boggling. I haven't had much interest in it really, then my relatives brought it up, and well the more I talk about it the more I want to find out.

There of course will be more and more talk about this subject. They have a movie planned for June2009.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Do you recommend a particular book? I was thinking about stopping at Barnes n Nobles to have a look.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Incarnated you never showed proof for your claims,you mentioned 2012(which i could argue also) then made lots of speculation....Are you going to show me this prrof 2012 december is anything more than a solstice? or will i have to wait 4/3years to prove you wrong? although admittedly geo politcial situations included we could be in turmoil by 2012/

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Do you recommend a particular book? I was thinking about stopping at Barnes n Nobles to have a look.

I can not recommend a book. Personally I think they are all filty with personal perspectives and spectacularism in hopes to make a buck.

Also the problem I find with books are they are not sweeping enough. They over focus on a couple of points, but they don't even try to put together the larger puzzle of the 2012 phenomenon.

I do however think there is a 2012 for dummies book out there somewhere.

Alot of people like this guy
www.michaeltsarion.com...
and his perspectives, although missing some elements of the grander skeam of things, seem to be alright.

There's just alot of places a person's mental state can get lost along the path of understanding 2012.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I gotta go, not bugging out will be looking for your reply when I get back in a couple days.....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I have nothing to prove to no one. I don't need to because what I am saying will prove itself in time. All you have to do is wait and see just how wrong you really were. I'd sudgest you go find something that intrests you to focus your time upon rather then focusing your attentions on something you refuse to see/understand.

I understand people don't want to see it. I'm not here to make anyone see anything. Might be for everyone's best intrest not to see it. Prophecy shows that many people go to sleep one night soon and never wake up because they were in the range of the nuclear war. Maybe it is best just to let those people go to be confertable and sleep well all these nights.

I have nothing to prove. The infomation is "out there". I'm not here to compile research for people. If that were the case I'd not be giving it away here on the web, I'd be making some big bucks that burn well in the fires that are about to come upon the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
reply to post by Solomons

I have nothing to prove to no one. I don't need to because what I am saying will prove itself in time. All you have to do is wait and see just how wrong you really were. I'd sudgest you go find something that intrests you to focus your time upon rather then focusing your attentions on something you refuse to see/understand.

I understand people don't want to see it. I'm not here to make anyone see anything. Might be for everyone's best intrest not to see it. Prophecy shows that many people go to sleep one night soon and never wake up because they were in the range of the nuclear war. Maybe it is best just to let those people go to be confertable and sleep well all these nights.

I have nothing to prove. The infomation is "out there". I'm not here to compile research for people. If that were the case I'd not be giving it away here on the web, I'd be making some big bucks that burn well in the fires that are about to come upon the world.

So your making assumptions basically.Ok...

Ive researched the subject,the mayans said nothing off 2012 gregorian,made no prediction and were not tracking anything in this particular calendar..solstice was recorded waaay before mayans.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
So your making assumptions basically.Ok...

If this is what you wish to believe, then I'm not here to stop you. However, no, my model is good. To understand the "truth" of something you first need to remove your own ego, your own perspective, the way something will effect you. Else that the human creature tends to see things in a diffrent way as they'd no like to see objectivly.

Globally, and through time, many many things are aligning on that date. You can obsess all you want about mayan culture and mayan prophecies, but that doesn't help you see the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that this 2012 phenomenon even is a global event and that to understand it on a global scale you have to add in all the pieces from all across the globe.

Take Mother Shipton, they are quite focused on France and Europ understanding in the global event. Nostradamus focuses on nationalistic terms and religious view points. Malacy's focus is on the popes and timeline, and the pieces just ad up and up. This is not excluding scientific and histroric understandings.

Honestly, I could present a package. However, what good would that do anyone? If I were to focus my energies on something that was "sellable" then I'd sell it. I don't see what marketable production of documentation will do for anyone as I don't believe that money would be good for very long. Also, focusing on compiling and ties together, would remove focus from my on going compiling of the infomation for my personalized understanding.

If I wanted to be an idiot and argue point by point it would be a big waste of my time. However only a fool would look at the larger body of evidence and say oh point by point this doesn't exist.

The passage begins next year, ready or not, here it comes.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Bombeni,

The sad reality of the 2012 predictions is that they are in fact filled with personal perspective, emotion, a variety of sciences and studies, and of course the all mighty con.

To get a true grasp on it, you really have to commit yourself to first and foremost believing that something major is going to happen.

If you do a search on ATS, you will find as many people discrediting 2012 as supporting it. You will find just on this site alone, a wealth of perspectives from every possible angle. Apply that to hundreds of websites that put their own spin on the research that they do, and this is a monster waiting to be unleashed.

The primary phrase that you will hear around the 2012 phenom is "the end of the world." However, listen to the song "Age of Aquarius" from the 70s and it says "the end of the world as we know it". That is how long this phenom has been around. That song is about 2012 and the groups perspective against the doom and gloom being predicted. Nearly 40 years later, it is still supportive of the beliefs of many about the turning of the age.

So far, what I have taken away as my overall perspective of 2012 is that it is going to be the "end of the world as we know it", but not in the sense that doomsayers would want me to believe. I believe it is going to be an enlightening. The reason for this is based simply on the fact that more people are finding more truth and learning more about the world around them and dismissing more fear than ever before in history. Wisdom is the surest path to enlightenment and over the next 4 years, I see this growing exponentially, regardless of the attempts of the few to "quash" the knowledge of the many.

I look forward to "the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

I disagree that their's any "Con" involved. I see it rather as a person's misunderstanding of an aspect of the phenomenon and the misunderstandings association or projection into another phase of leveled reality.

This is best expressed with your misunderstanding and mishandeling of the "Age of Aquarius" song, coupled with your mixing in REM's End of the world as we know it song. You stated your misunderstandings as fact.

When really the Age of Aquarius song has to do with the changing AGE that is a 2150 year time period or 1/12th of a "Great year" period of 26000 years. A great year is broken down into months and seasons just like a regular year and all these measurements have less to do with the "End of the World" cycle that happens at an unregulated rate.

So no, your info is no better then those you deemed as "con", but as you should see if your ego doesn't trip you up that your "con" was a misunderstanding in need of clarification.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
The primary phrase that you will hear around the 2012 phenom is "the end of the world." However, listen to the song "Age of Aquarius" from the 70s and it says "the end of the world as we know it". That is how long this phenom has been around. That song is about 2012 and the groups perspective against the doom and gloom being predicted. Nearly 40 years later, it is still supportive of the beliefs of many about the turning of the age.

Lyrics to The Aquarius Song:
www.stlyrics.com...
Lyrics to the REM Song:
www.absolutelyrics.com...'s_the_end_of_the_world_as_we_know_it_(and_i_feel_fine)/

According to your own signature:

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
What is the real conspiracy?
"Misdirection. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes."

You're A Con! However, I don't see it as you see it. I see it as you had a missunderstanding that you spread around as a fact. Maybe you should review your understand and consider that consparicies start in your mind.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Incarnated]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Goodmorning to all posters.

news.nationalgeographic.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">National Geographic about 2012

This is a link that points to National Geographic. It is about the solar storms that are going to peak exactly at 2012, just like Mayans predicted it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
There actually is the book "2012 for dummies"

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Something they might like is a Biblical perspective on this. This author didn't think anything of 2012, and when he looked at the Feast days in the Bible, he found that the 49th Sabbath year (7x7) fell on 2012. Only one in 49 chance, but still... A lot of other events are coinciding to show that this may be the beginning of the Tribulation, and Christ would be due here in 2015. It explains 'no man knows the day or the hour', and why it does not say month or year. Interesting reading. www.escapeallthesethings.com

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
thougt year 2000 was moore a worldwide computer disfunction problem than a serious cataclisme event..

indeed 2012 is a cosmic event........:-)
so you can't compare these 2 problems..

[edit on 6-12-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The date you need to keep an eye on is December 21, 2012.
It will be a new beginning.
See www.december212012.com...
Also see www.peterrussell.com...
It may be the second coming of Jesus Christ.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Eurisko2012]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Saddly that 2012 website you gave is guilty of pushing person ideology onto the 2012 phenomenon that just clouds the whole thing. Most logical people that start going there stop as it is biased heavily. The infomation there is kinda worthless for reasons of darkened and confused statements as truths associated with the 2012 phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Have you seen the movie trailer for the movie 2012?
It looks like Noahs Ark needs to be rebuilt!

Nice try.

Just read the bible.
God promised not to destoy the Earth with water again. Didn't he?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join