It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son

www.infowars.com

California cops tasered a distraught son whose father was drowning after he and his brother complained that police were not doing enough to rescue their dad, while authorities prevented the two sons from making any kind of rescue effort themselves. The latest example of police brutality unfolded in Mendocino Country California. A San Francisco family was visiting Portuguese Beach when the father accidentally fell into the water and was washed away from the shore.

Police arrived with rescue crews but made no effort to save the drowning man, named as 54-year-old Maurizio Biasini, and prevented his two 18-year-old sons, Dario and Andriano Biasini, from helping their dad as they insisted on waiting for the Coast Guard and a Sheriff’s boat.

The sons’ protests about the inaction of the authorities led to a struggle and cops tackled one while the other was restrained. The son who the cops tackled was then tasered as he lay on the floor and tasered a second time as he attempted to get up.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-12-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ah man, this is terrible.

I really don't know which way to go with this. I can see the need to keep order and from all hell breaking loose, but I can also understand the anguish those poor sons must have been in, and how helpless and desperate they must have felt, knowing their father was drowning.

Just a really sad event, no matter which way you cut it.

*edit to add in youtube clip of the event:

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-12-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes this one is tough DD. The father fell into some pretty nasty water...and there is NO DOUBT that if his sons were allowed to jump in and TRY to save him all 3 would now be missing and most likely dead. I hope the sons are alright and its a shame 2 boys lost their father....but when they take a breath realize that the cops saved their lives.

Of course people won't think of it that way...people have ZERO common sense and will jump to judgment. All I can say is the rescue teams from California and the Coast Guard have put their lives on the line MANY times to save people and made some pretty daring rescues...so if they were having a hard time getting to the father then the risk was VERY high...of course on an Alex Jones website that scumbag will say police/rescue people did nothing but abuse the sons. Thats the pathetic part to this entire story....he really should try telling the truth or reporting reality...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
DD the way to cut it is that the cops are now fascist thugs who stand by and watch people die and who then taser others for trying to save a dying man. This is just a foretaste of things to come, just how bad has it got to get in the US before the people start hitting back. All the bull I read about yanks with guns and wanting to use theme etc. exactly where are these people, do they actually live in America?

Since 9/11 things have gone down hill real dast and the pace is gathering. What more will it take before some one grows a spine and start standing up for rights and liberty. How can it be that so many armed people lack the balls to do anything. Where is this so called American spirit and fighting for justice and liberty.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
RCW, How can you support the cowardly act of the police yet again. Its a shame the father died, is that all you can say. The police are there to protect life not waste it. Lets face it all these cops are good for is beating up and murdering defenceless people because they are nothing more than human dross.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

As I stated in my original post...people will come here and not see the reality of the situation...they instead will jump the gun and place blame in the wrong place. You obviously just want to bash instead of looking at the track record for brave rescues by the LEO's/FD's and Coast Guard in that area. These guys would have done EVERYTHING they could to save this man...but to kill yourself while trying helps NOONE!! Hense why the cops kept the sons from killing themselves....if you honestly cannot see why this happened the way it did...I am speechless....

Who would you be blaming if they DID let the 2 sons jump in to save the father and then all 3 died?????? would you blame the sons who took it upon themselves to tred such harsh conditions that not even TRAINED men could manuever? or still the cops/rescuer's fault?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
While the sons were understandably distraught, the police had to take action from anyone else having to be rescued or worse yet, a recovery effort being initiated.

Anyone with any sense can see how rough the surf is in the video. To allow anyone to go into this surf without proper training would be negligent homicide IMO.

While there are police that let the "badge of authority" go to their heads and the rest of the police force gets a bad rap for these individuals, I'm going to side with the police in this matter.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Cops don't seem to be using their brains anymore. These cops could have found other ways to calm the two boys down. Don't police train for these types of situations?

Cops will start tasing anyone for anything it seems like.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
RCW, Everyone has the right to save life and I have done it on more than one occasion. What the cops did was not only cowardly it was also inhuman. Every day ordinary people risk their lives to save others. They do not stop and think of their own safety but the safety of others. Who are the police to say or judge what is in most humans and the natural act of trying to save life.

These cops should be charged with manslaughter at least, these cowards stood by and watched aman die. Cowardly putting their own safety above that of a man in distress who needed ther ehelp. Thank Satan that there are braver people around then these yellow bellied thugs.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Striker, Cops don't have brains, they are nothing more than a bunch of knuckle dragging morons who now how to kill and hurt but not how to think or act bravely.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I sort of agree with you, if their assessment was that they would have died too, then they saved those young men's lives. But this is a hard call, and not one they will be thanked for. In in any case, what a sad situation.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the coppers have been out of control for a long time now. we need to start putting then in their place. thing is, how

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

my opinion is about the same as yours about the coppers

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
California cops tasered a distraught son whose father was drowning after he and his brother complained that police were not doing enough to rescue their dad,

Thats where the problem starts and ends.
A human being saying hey hey hey look look here hes drowning.
And thay lock you up.Taze you up.
Aint how it was supposed to be.
This makes everyday people, get away from there own human beings.
This is a plan fool, cont you see it?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Yes this one is tough DD. The father fell into some pretty nasty water...and there is NO DOUBT that if his sons were allowed to jump in and TRY to save him all 3 would now be missing and most likely dead. I hope the sons are alright and its a shame 2 boys lost their father....but when they take a breath realize that the cops saved their lives.

Of course people won't think of it that way...people have ZERO common sense and will jump to judgment. All I can say is the rescue teams from California and the Coast Guard have put their lives on the line MANY times to save people and made some pretty daring rescues...so if they were having a hard time getting to the father then the risk was VERY high...of course on an Alex Jones website that scumbag will say police/rescue people did nothing but abuse the sons. Thats the pathetic part to this entire story....he really should try telling the truth or reporting reality...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by rcwj75]

I usually disagree with a lot of your posts, but right now I think you're spot on. It's a terrible situation that could have been magnified had the two sons not been restrained.

Although I do think the taser was uncalled for, cops nowadays seem to be using those things left, right, and centre.

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Striker, Cops don't have brains, they are nothing more than a bunch of knuckle dragging morons who now how to kill and hurt but not how to think or act bravely.

I'll be the first to admit that some cops are quite stupid and have some kind of inferiority complex, but to paint all cops with the same brush is immature.

I have encountered several awesome cops that actually want to protect and serve, not intimidate and bully. Theres bad apples in every crop.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by ben420]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
mushroom you didnt answer my questions. Whos fault is it when the cops let the sons jump into water they cannot handle? So now instead of rescuers risking their own lives to save 1 man...they must risk 3 of their lives to rescue all the family members....your logic has ZERO backing..and good for you if you saved a life...but I know it wasn't under these types of conditions...so to sit and say let the boys go after their dad is like saying..go ahead and let the sons kill themselves.

Again..common sense is key here...whatever hate you have towards us as police is fine...but to not think about the BIG picture...hense saving the sons...you have lost your mind..and thats why you and some of these other posters are NOT cops and in a position to make the tough calls.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
wow, that is a bad situation gone worse.

Not to play devils advocate, but you have to understand where the cops are coming from (the tasering was WAY outta line). Realistically, there father probably had no chance to be saved by them or the cops. There next duty to preserve whoever is alive, and thats the kids. They have to prevent them from trying because they would have died too, its like a catch 22.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ben420

Thanks I appreciate it...and watching the video (oddly enough it was very short on an alex jones website..lol) I can only justify the taser due to them being so close to the cliff edge. These young boys were emotionally charged up and wanted to save dad...rightfully so...but at no time could they think about what would of happened had they gotten past the cops and made that leap...so to end the chance of that the taser was used.

had they been anywhere else...WITHOUT a cliff..then yes I agree totally...no need for a taser..just restraining them and trying to explain to them WHY they can't go after dad.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Guess i am right when i say there is justice in the barrel of a loaded gun, and now people know why i dont call the cops and deal with things my own way!!!!!!!!

All caps fixed

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Badge01]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join