It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser Drowned Dad's Distraught Son

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
some moron named scott novich from rice university is claiming that extraterrestrials are takeing control of his mind and that seamus and haji will be the new leaders of a new milinium of space controlled aliens that will consume humanity.

im calling the government because this is rediculous.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Did anyone even listen to the story? They said the one young man was cursing and screaming at the cops to do the rescue. I didn't see either of the so call brave boys jumping in the water. They had plenty of time to be brave macho men but waited for rescuers. When rescuers decided shore rescue was a lost cause the boys start yelling, making noise and getting in the way. And someone was right that rescuers, paramedics, fire fighters and cops are not superman. The guys in these positions take smart calculated risks because the only thing stupid or hot dogging does is get you killed.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It should have been the police officer who went in to save the guy! I would not have let the two boys go, but being that I am in top shape due to training I would have found a way to get to the guy. That is what an officers job is, To protect and serve. I would have felt it was my duty.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Once again I note..no where in that video do we see not a single rescue/lifeguard/cop, attempt to do something other than tangle with the two sons, stand around and go "duh", and not even bother to throw down a rope, life preserver, float, rock, stick, boulder, hat, cap, sand, anything...ANYTHING!!!

It should not have happend like this.

I once saw a video of a guy stuck on the edge of the Niagra Falls, hanging on to a wire. There were cops and rescue personel there, two of the resuce workers jumped in after tying themselves off, and rescued the man dispite that they may just go down that long plunge with the guy, and they guy was HUGE.

Why didnt these rescue people/cops form a work chain and take a rope and attempt to rescue this man????

I see a wrongfull death lawsuit and police brutality lawsuit on the horizon in this case.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Before tasers the police would have used other methods to hold the men back. While I agree that they were right to prevent the men jumping in after their father as the seas were way too dangerous....THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE THE USE OF TASERS IN THIS SITUATION.

Any number of other tried and tested methods could have been used, for example how about simply tackling them like a footy player or restraining them via one of their armlock holds. The fact that they used a taser shows only their own cowardice.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
Yes this one is tough DD. The father fell into some pretty nasty water...and there is NO DOUBT that if his sons were allowed to jump in and TRY to save him all 3 would now be missing and most likely dead. I hope the sons are alright and its a shame 2 boys lost their father....but when they take a breath realize that the cops saved their lives.

Of course people won't think of it that way...people have ZERO common sense and will jump to judgment. All I can say is the rescue teams from California and the Coast Guard have put their lives on the line MANY times to save people and made some pretty daring rescues...so if they were having a hard time getting to the father then the risk was VERY high...of course on an Alex Jones website that scumbag will say police/rescue people did nothing but abuse the sons. Thats the pathetic part to this entire story....he really should try telling the truth or reporting reality...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by rcwj75]

Actually, the fortune we have of having it on video provides one heck of a lot of context. The crashing waves, the overbearing and musclebound sons who are also emotionally distraught to the point of hysterics. The Police themselves do not look menacing nor do they look overbearing, they look like they would be outmatched if it were not for the Tasers.

These boys, unfortunately, are adapted to solving problems with their strength. Look at them... they are huge. So they would be understandably frustrated given the situation and the (albeit very reasonable) limitations placed on them by the police.

I have to say that this seems like the best way this unfortunate accident could result. They will be upset for many years, but those boys will be alive.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Originally posted by Kruel
If someone wants to risk their life to save another they should be allowed, not tased, even if it was likely that they too would perish. It's their lives, let them do what they want with them!

I'm tired of all this "big brother knows best" bull#. Maybe BB does know best but it doesn't matter. People are individuals and should be allowed to make their own mistakes, especially when they insist... and especially when they're trying to save someone they love.

Kruel are you a father? If yes would you want your children to die in a useless attempt to save your life?? Most parents would not want their children to risk their lives with even a 50/50 chance of survival. It was a terrible accident their father would want the best for his boys not death in a useless attempt to save him.

I would not have wanted them to risk their life for me, but that's their decision, no one else's. I believe in free will.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
One day... We will rise against authority... With our own weapons...And bring justice back to this God forsaken land. Be prepared piggies.

Well what are you waiting for? Go do it now.

Or are you just another person who is really brave and outspoken behind the safety of your computer screen?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
# the police! god damn im so happy that footage of it was caught, it is so silly the power that is enforced into a "upholding law-official" can make him think that he do whatever his will imposes on people. this is absolutely sickening.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It is not the job of the police to determine wether or not I am going to try to save a person or not. It is not their role. They felt they couldn't do it. The sons were willing to try, the surf may have been rough but they looked to be able bodied young men who wanted to atleast TRY. The police should have maybe tried to talk them out of it but other than that, it is our LIFE at stake and we should be able to offer it whenever we feel it's needed. I understand they were trying to stop them to ensure their safety but ultimately it should have been up to them because it is their life they are risking and not the cops and getting to the point of tasing is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
OK, true that many cops are corrupt. But just like every thing else there are also good one's. But thats beside the point. If they didnt want to jump into the water thats fine. BUT, there comes a time in a mans life where he has to make a decision that can put himself in harms way. If these two young men were willing to end there life to possibly save another, thats their choice. No one should make that for you. All these other arguments are pointless. The point is that they should have been able to make there own decisions. In the moment or not.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Kudos to you. Your are brilliant.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
RCW, Its great is it not that these cowards who are trained to save life sat back and did nothing, oh wait yes they did, they tasered better men who had the guts to see beyond fear to save the life of someone important. What an absolute disgrace they are and so are those who support them.

These "cowards" are not trained to jump into 53 degree rough surf, nor are they equipped with the protective gear to do so.

If the sons "had the guts" as you put it, maybe they should have jumped in immediatelly when there still may have been a chance of saving their father, instead of calling the police.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow that sucks!

Don't people know, that to save a life you have to risk a life??

I would have shot every cop there and jumped in the water. Nobody will stop me from trying to save my dad.

TIMING IS IMPORTANT, YOU CAN'T "WAIT" TO SAVE PEOPLE.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Maybe they wouldnt because they know they arent prepared to make such a rescue. But once they saw nothing was being done, maybe then they would. But it seems they werent allowed too.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree, there should have at least been an attempt, throw a rope, life preserver, form a human work chain and a rope, something...anything but what we see occured in that video.

The worst about it all is that there was not even an attempt. I have seen cops and rescue workers face FAR worse situations and at least made the attempts to rescue, and most often succeed.

Here we see nothing, nothing but two sons being bullied by cops who should have at least tried something, anything but show off their rears of power and taser trigger happy attitudes. And none of the other rescue people there even attempting to do something. Sad, very sad. This sends a bad message to anyone in distress expecting rescue workers and police to come save the day...all they will get is their frantic relatives get tased and everyone else standing around waiting on their pizza order.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
You gotta be joking me.

That water was barely moving past the break. No sign of high wind/whitecaps.

Apparently you didn't watch the video.

The break is not visible in the video because they are on a cliff/rock wall very high above the water.

It is very clear in the video that the water was very rough, the surface is almost entirely whitecaps.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If I was in those two sons positions, I would have done the same exact thing to rescue my dad. I mean, they would probably have to seriously kill me to keep me from saving him.

At that point, with watching them do absolutely NOTHING and watching him drown in the process, what would we all really do? I just couldn't stand there and watch him die no matter how dangerous it could be.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Also in terms of possible solutions perhaps some of you expert swimmers can answer a question. Would it help if coastal cops carried life vests and floats??
Would it be possible to swim in these waters wearing a life vest and carrying a float?

To answer your questions in a word: no.

I am an experienced Open Water Diver. Even with full SCUBA equipment on it would be nearly impossible to undertake a controled swim in these rough waters.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here..this clearly shows the true brave vs the whimpy wannabe's

Niagra Falls Rescue

Not so calm in them there waters eh? Yet these REAL rescue workers and cops did something more than just stand around and tase people.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join