It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis of this picture - Please help

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Only thing i can clearly see is the crack down the middle of the lens....anybody else notice that one??

Yes, we noticed that but there is no crack in the actual lens...strange.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by thechi]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
call me crazy but all of a sudden i see it.....

The object right appears to be a stair ,next to is a woman sitting with her back to us and holding her arm around something/someone. And the object left has to be some sort of table or something.....

let me know....peace

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Thanks for everyone's input, we are looking forward to more thoughts and opinions. It's 1am right now and I'm going to bed.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
let's try again.........

To me it looks like a bridge with a car coming from the East of the picture. If you look at the two semi-horizontal whitish stripes, that would be the edges of the bridge, you can also see faded white pylons underneath and perpendicular to the bridge.
Does that make sense?

[edit on 12/5/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
To be honest the only thing that I can see (especially once I blew up the image of the scope) is a person - youth - sitting on a blanket with another child. The seated youth is even "smiling" the other looks like they are resting on elbows laying on their belly.

The white wall reminds me of a Spanish white wall type Bannister and it does look like a sail boat in the background but my first thought was light pole and a white car like a skylark or similar.

I've seen pictures like this before, seemed common in the mid to late 60's when home photography was really taking off.

I didn't see a grave stone or marker. But the trees are clear enough.

Interesting pic.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
yep....that's what i'm seeing aswell except i think it's more a victorian style painting with the woman, as seen in the picture below in the circle

sitting with her back to the viewer and wearing a typical victorian dress like this one....

This is a fun game......non the less i don't believe there is something mystical going on here so i'm really curious for an expert looking at the OP's picture to see if it was manipulated.

peace

edit : ohh the typos!!!...time for coffee, it's 08:00 in the morning here....

[edit on 5/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
to me it looks like one of those Bulldog propelloer planes. you know the small ones?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Look at the small and thumbnail size a little closer and you can see the two people associated with the scene. Sometimes an energy imprint can be placed on an object once owned by someone. People call them haunted objects etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Your calling it a lens.
What is it a lens off?
Can someone tell me?A lens for what?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
very interesting although what many call a 'lake' reflection i see a face reflection, maby someone standing by you? dunno..
It would be interesting to see a photo of the wall behind
where the picture was taken to see what was there for possible reflection.

also the 'crack' down the middle seems to disapeare about 3/4 the way down the lense.. interesting that it was not there in the lense
its self, and you could not see anything when taking it.

I'm guessing its actually a Jewelry Loop for examining diamonds ETC?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by severdsoul]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

It's a loupe ,dude.(or how ever you write that in english - magnifier (the ~), magnifying glass (the ~), pocket lens (the ~))

You know what old people use when reading a book or newspaper.

This is driving me nuts ,i've gone through the intire collection of Renoir 'cause it's seems to be that style of painting but i couldn't find.

You know how many paintings were made during victorian times....

edit: this is driving my nuts...uhhh no that's wrong....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thechi

the only things i can make out are a tree/sky line in the upper region of the lense, a possible reflection in the bottom, and a possible telephone pole in the middle. still very strange phenomena.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I dont see anyone in the scene but to me it looks like a dog, possibly holding a toy, sitting next to a grave marker (like a celtic cross style)

This is a fun experiment on perception. We see what we see, and usually it reflects on who we are in some way. Like the ink blots

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Actually if you think about it. Reflections are reversed(image wise). What is on the top right should show up on the bottom left because of the reversal effect during reflection. i.e. When you look in the mirror, or water, everything is reversed. Be for I tell you anymore, I have to tell you that I am the one who took this photo and then passed it to my friend for his and this forums opinion. All I can say is that I was very skeptical at first. I analyzed every possible distortion variable that could have caused this to happen i.e. background clutter, lens(camera) distortion and lighting intrusions. While taking this photo, There was nothing behind me that could have possibly set off this picture even by a far stretch of the imagination. The lighting in the room was constant and the lens was cleaned immediately prior to shooting this picture. It is true that this lens came from an auction where the belongings were from an individual with a violent criminal history. However, One last tid bit about where the photo was taken. It was taken in my old(maybe early 1900's) apartment here in Chicago. Me, My wife and my sister have all felt a spiritual presence here. When you lay in bed in the master bedroom, many times you will feel your feet start to decline. As if someone is sitting on the foot of the bed watching you. The hair on my neck stands up just thinking about it. This is a sensation that has also been felt by many guests who have stayed here with us. My personal hypothesis is that this is a scene from somewhere by a lake or river. It is as if this vantage point is coming from someone close to the ground or possibly lying on the ground trying to communicate and express this moment and/or location. Maybe they are trying to say something about this place or what happened there. To me it gives off an Erie Friday the 13th look and fee. Or something straight out a 70's horror movie(however, I do have a wild imagination). The tree line is at the top, with a body of water towards the bottom(reflecting the tree line) And then there is a partial crucifix looking structure off to the right, a vehicle of some sort towards the middle right and a boat or boat house towards the middle left on the water with some sort of deck or pier below all. Hmmm strange. Anyway, I'm sorry about the rambling but I was just hoping to give you guys a little more insight towards the environment in which the photo was taken. Fuel for thought while you analyze this phenomenon. Thanks for your input!

[edit on 5-12-2008 by magikshroom]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by magikshroom]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

that's funny....i thought i saw a dog aswell at first.....

just keep looking....we'll get there....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As for a debunking per say the only thing I can come up with only explains a couple things.

The crack down the lens is not actually a crack but appears to line up with the edge of the box behind it due to being shot at an angle, although there is actually 2 cracks I can make out but in the same area.

The trees appear to be the same color as the desk and wall so that could account for the coloring of what look like tree's.

The whit color I would like to say comes from the box lettering and worn sides but the shades of white are different which is quite interesting.

If you flip it 180 degrees it also has quite some interesting features. In fact looks more natural very odd effect for sure.

Edit:
After playing around with the colors and hue a bit it appears the dark trees hue changes with the hue colors of the actual desk and wall.

I also noticed that the hue on the white section in the lens do change with the white on the box but are slightly darker shaded on the lens. I then realized the green thing holding the lens is casting a shadow forward over the top of the white area and also the same affect is on the bottom. I only saw this because the shadow on the desk had a different appearance than the desk itself that had no shadow and when messing with the hue the difference between the desk and the desk with shadow appears to be an identical difference between the white on the box and on the lens.

I took the red and changed it to light blue and messed around with the orange color to get the effect.

That being said I am no expert at this sort of thing and that may have nothing to do with the lens at all but I figured I would try and see what happened. But that's about the only thing I could see but did note none of the red on the box is captured in the lens because the lens does not change color when I mess with the red only the box did.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Okay, i'm starting to feel like a real freak here for putting so much effort into something like this but when you see omething you just can't seem to see anything else. Kinda like those guys who see martians in nasa pictures of rocks on mars......

here we go...(excuse for all the pictures but i can't seem to explain it any other way)

i481.photobucket.com...

and now for some fourth grade drawing skills......(bare with me)

i481.photobucket.com...

There you go.....explains it all don't you think....

Long live us crazy people......

Edit: crapper..the pictures are to large for ATS so i'll give a link to photobucket.....don't forget to enlarge the picture if you wanna read the text...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I know very little on photography or analysing pics....but I do know a little on light defraction /refraction and reflection as a magnifying lens of that size it would contain 2 concave pieces of glass with the focus being within the middle.

the outer sides of the edge would form a near parabola causing distortion and reflections.

it is almost like one of those ink blob pics were look long enough in the right frame of mind and you could almost 'see' anything you want.

The apparent crack (that isnt there) is typical of parabolic reflection towards the centre, and the rest of the image is a distorted,reflected,refracted image of the flash/lighting and background/person taking the pic.

IMHO

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is interesting but tough because, to me, the picture, even in some of the enlargements, is slightly blurry--and, maybe it's just my monitor or something, but in the very largest enlargement, the whole picture is so dark that, even with the help of the circles, and explanations, I almost couldn't make out a thing!

But, when I first looked at it, in a smaller enlargement, I did think I spotted what looked like an old Buick, on the right side, facing whoever took the original picture[or whoever painted it, if it's a painting]--the white horizontal line[s] did appear to be a partial wall--but, in some other enlargements of it, suddenly the Buick is not 'there', and it does begin to resemble a woman in a white garment, wearing a black belt around her waist--however--

--I could be wrong, but it does seem to me that the 'trees' in the upper half of the picture are not reflecting correctly in the bottom half--the 'reflections' don't match up--or, don't appear to match--but, the whole picture is just so blurry that it's hard for me to actually make out anything at all.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SleepingBeauty

I know....what a fun game this is....isn't it??

I completly misunderstood aswell because i know diddly squad about photography except which button to push when i want a picture so magikshroom i'm gonna go with your explanation if you say so, you seem to know a thing or two about it.

But i can totaly dig the rorschachtest we've got going on here....

peace....

ps: in my explanation this is a oil painting so the asynchronous reflection of the trees could be some artist who wanted to put some weird little thingy in there like Escher

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join