It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis of this picture - Please help

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This photo was taken by a friend of mine who buys storage units and sells the contents on eBay. He goes to auctions in the Chicago area to buy the contents of these storage units and let's just say he finds some pretty revealing things about people from these contents. The person who used to own the item in this photo was a violent criminal. My friend found his police records, court papers etc.

This is the original 2MB JPG that has not been photoshopped etc. We have no motives here but to find out from some experts what may be going on in this photo. It was taken on a Elmer's science project display in a storage room in the back of his apartment with no windows in the room. All I know is that he used a Sony Cybershot.

I won't set anyone up, so please let me know what you think is in the lens

[edit on 5-12-2008 by thechi]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Looks like a picture of some type of religious themed gathering such as a funeral and service. This picture if it isn't behind it is as if sime reflection, but I think it's behind the lens as if cut in a circle or whatever. It does suggest some type of paranormal snap shot, but I doubt it. Sorta reminds me of The Ring.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I looked but I am not sure what it is you think you see. I don't think I am over looking anything.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
I looked but I am not sure what it is you think you see. I don't think I am over looking anything.

Make sure to click the "All Sizes" button on the Flickr web page. Look at the lens closely.

Here is the photo he used for eBay (without the anomaly):

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It looks like a picture of a boat or something on the water where the reflection of the trees is seen in the water......

This is fun.....got an other one???

On seconds thought....it's not a waterline with reflecting tree 'cause the above image does not correspont to the reflected image....dang!!!

[edit on 5/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
It looks like a picture of a boat or something on the water where the reflection of the trees is seen in the water......

This is fun.....got an other one???

We don't have anymore photos, but that is exactly what the majority of friends and family see in the image.

Does anyone have an explanation for this anomaly? Like a camera glare or tiny flaws in the camera loop that picked up some imperfection that happen to look like a "scene" of sorts.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
Looks like a picture of some type of religious themed gathering such as a funeral and service. This picture if it isn't behind it is as if sime reflection, but I think it's behind the lens as if cut in a circle or whatever. It does suggest some type of paranormal snap shot, but I doubt it. Sorta reminds me of The Ring.

I here you, it has that funeral feel to it, almost like it's from the 50's. I am really looking for a non-paranormal explanation with this photo. We have been debating that fact, and could use some insight with the info I gave everyone. Just take what I said in my first post as truth then try to think of an explanation...we are stumped right now.

Are we just seeing something that's not there, like those ink blot tests?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Could swear I see an old car, facing us, parked next to a white half-wall, at the edge of a lake! (Because it looks like the trees are reflecting off water).

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I definitely see the Sky and Trees

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
Could swear I see an old car, facing us, parked next to a white half-wall, at the edge of a lake! (Because it looks like the trees are reflecting off water).

Everything that everyone has said they have seen in this thread....has been a conclusion by our friends and family that have viewed this photograph. Can we all be wrong??? For example: boat, car, fence, tombstone, lake, trees, wall, and house of some kind.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
let's try again.........

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Great job on sharpening that up, oddly enough it looks more obvious to me that there is a scene in the lens. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A reflection of something by a lake. I'd not care to try and be more specific than that. Not enough detail to go on, ntm the object is out of focus.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

That's what I see as well. How interesting. There's no trace of it in either lens in the other pic.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It looks like a shaving mirror.
And its getting the reflection of a painting on the wall behind it.
And the painting is of a scene, a bank of a river lake or something.
With trees in the background, part of a building or possibly a boat.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is the original photo, you will see that it's not a shaving mirror:

Can someone please embed the original photo in this thread?

====
Mod Edit: image embedded (scaled to 500x375) as requested.

[edit on 12/5/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
shouldn't trees above the waterline be reflected 1 on 1 in the water???

On the left i'm missing some trees...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
shouldn't trees above the waterline be reflected 1 on 1 in the water???

On the left i'm missing some trees...

I thought the same thing about the reflection, but what if the water is rippling or distorting the reflection? On another note, my girlfriend thinks that the anomaly may be an extreme closeup of some random image (like the photographers clothing) that may in fact be magnified because the lens is used to magnify diamonds, stones and other jewelery. Is it possible that some random magnification happened to resemble a distant scene?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't get the boat in this picture. It appears as if black people in a parade or funeral procession with what looks like a white cross in the upper right hand corner. There appears to be a white guy holding some kid also dressed in white. Maybe it's a baptism? Which could be near a river also. I can't explain this as being natural. It's interesting it's in color anyway. Someones messing with you than. A professional would probably have to look at the picture to see if it's been cropped in. idk

People in white could also be a church choir and they may be facing the other way. The cross appears to thin to be a concrete cross on a headstone.

The picture now posted has a woven aspect to it as if looking through some material. This suggest to me this picure has been manipulated. idk..again.

The allegded crack to me seems to be a branch hanging down from a tree.

It is rather interesting test of perception, frame of mind and possibly even someone's skill at remote viewing or psychic analysis.

Let's also hear from the mods.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Only thing i can clearly see is the crack down the middle of the lens....anybody else notice that one??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join