It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else here feel the same way?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree that the education system is indeed very corrupt these days.

I am a sophomore in your average dying budget public high school. I am an honors student and I do my work, not because I agree or want to do it, but because I have to. Society has such a grip on education because we have to be like the rest of society. I can't learn what I want to learn, or even what I need to learn, because our teachers and society itself say that we have to learn certain things and be a certain way. All of my teachers teach out of bias and opinion and even though we disagree with them, they just threaten us with suspension and detentions. We have no say.

It's inevitable that my generation is not going to create the perfect society and perfect economy bull#.

Yeah I'm gonna keep doing my work, keep getting good grades, and go to college. I'm not gonna be a dumbass and use this as an excuse to flunk out. Thats just a bunch of #, don't be so damn lazy all the time, it ain't that hard. This is a complaint, our system of education is corrupt. I'm gonna do what I wanna do, # school, # society, and # all of the corruption. Use your head.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Instead of bitching about how the school system failed you and how you feel "let down", why don't you get off your lazy ass and find a way to fix it?

These are the kinds of people that piss me off. I see it all the time in my classes. These people don't pay attention in class when the lesson is taught, they complain they didn't know how to do the homework, then fail the test and blame the teachers.

What cataclysms are you talking about? What societal changes are you talking about? Society changes all the time, get used to it. The job market is calling for more and more educated people with college degrees. There are more foreigners teaching in schools now because too many Americans are too lazy (like yourself) to motivated and educated.

Education is what has brought us this far.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well, guess what? I don't care about school anymore! I still attend, because I have to, but I don't care about the grades I get.

Money doesn't exist, except for keeping us under the slavery of this society and our system. The illuminati, the president, don't use money! They are the ones in control! They may look like they do need money but they have magick, and Lucifer (The God of Materialism) on their side.

I will no longer support our system. The education system is the START of this bondage. I am raising the consciousness of the earth by spreading truth and making the people around me aware of the things our system does.

Don't worry though the system will fall soon, very soon. Just look at the state of the world now. Things are getting worse and now nature is going to turn on us.

School, only keeps us in ignorance of things that we SHOULD learn. It only supports the system.

This is the Age of Enlightenment. I am participating in the Paradigm Shift. The revolution is coming soon, and people will rebel against their world governments because humanity is waking up from their slumber. They can no longer take the # our governments do, they can no longer be in bondage anymore. People will rebel, and you will see this soon. I can feel it!

We have to make some sort of a Global Resistance. # has gone out of hand. The illuminati must go down. It starts off with awareness. I am only 17, the most I can do is talk to my peers about these things and experience lots of opposition and resistance, but there is more others can do.

The revolution starts soon!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
i go in the ninth grade and soon i'll go to high school, i feel we are being pushed too much to be educated, i think you should search whatever you want to do, dont listen to what people say about you will have a bad life if you arent educated.

remember the system is #ed, and you cant do a thing about it

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Alright, get off your soap box kiddywinkles and stop talking out your highly perked arse.

I can agree with you to the extent that the education systems until university are leading the flock of children, but come on you tool, how would you learn your read and write if it wasn't for education? How would you learn how much you need to pay for your toilet roll if it wasn't for education?
Now, I'm 15, I became home educated when I was 12, not actually because I didn't like the school system, because I couldn't get into a good school. I'm now doing my GCSE's a year early in college.
See, education is there for a purpose, once you get to senior school (or 'junior high' as Americans like to say) you should be able to choose your subjects that you want to study. I'm gonna do me A-Levels, go on to University and do law and politics, then Law school.
You may say I'm following the norms of society, bull#! I've always been interested in law, and I may go into politics, I'm going to be helping change society, but to get there I have to work hard, and if that means doing so "crappy, worthless" degree, then that's what I'll do.

Mean while, you really need to search deeper for the truth before you preach.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

(just avoid history, politics and religion, that's were the lies come into play)

What the hell are you talking about? Those are the best subjects!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Storm has a good point and seems well educated, but if you dont have schooling what are you going to end up as? What are you going to work at Mcdonalds asking people if they want fries with that? Or are you going to be succesful living in a mansion having money a family you can support go to diffrernt places around the world like 5 or 6 times aa year or even more. Have the best cars and just have a good life and help others because of schooling? Im trying hard in school because i ant to be succesful, and if WW3 starts seriously and i die well then i guess it was supposed to be that way

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gviewtwosix
I agree that the education system is indeed very corrupt these days.

I am a sophomore in your average dying budget public high school. I am an honors student and I do my work, not because I agree or want to do it, but because I have to. Society has such a grip on education because we have to be like the rest of society. I can't learn what I want to learn, or even what I need to learn, because our teachers and society itself say that we have to learn certain things and be a certain way. All of my teachers teach out of bias and opinion and even though we disagree with them, they just threaten us with suspension and detentions. We have no say.

It's inevitable that my generation is not going to create the perfect society and perfect economy bull#.

Yeah I'm gonna keep doing my work, keep getting good grades, and go to college. I'm not gonna be a dumbass and use this as an excuse to flunk out. Thats just a bunch of #, don't be so damn lazy all the time, it ain't that hard. This is a complaint, our system of education is corrupt. I'm gonna do what I wanna do, # school, # society, and # all of the corruption. Use your head.

So your going stay in school but only because YOU want to?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well thats true
We cant learn about what we want to. We have to learn what the school want us to and thats boring as hell! Im sick of them giving me things that i dont really NEED to know.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I signed up for this website specifically to reply to this thread.

Knowledge is common sense. If you had no knowledge, you would have no common sense. Name something that you believe to be an example of "common sense" and I'll show you how you wouldn't know this was common sense if you didn't have knowledge.

You're right in that a bunch of things you are taught in school is wrong and has absolutely no basis on how you are going to spend the rest of your life. The purpose of high school is to get you prepared for life after high school, be it working or going to college. If you want to learn about yourself and the world around you like you say you do, I suggest you work your ass off for a few more weeks, complete high school, and get into a college. When I was a senior in high school I thought education was bull# and meaningless, at least a great part of it. Now I'm all set to graduate from college in two short weeks. You'll learn a hell of a lot more about yourself and the world around you in college on your own than you will working for the rest of your life. Everyone that I know that didn't go through college for whatever reason has led the exact same life since the day they have graduated high school (save getting married, having kids, etc.). You learn about life through experience, not through laying around bitching about school and your family. How do you plan to experience anything if you don't have the means to experience it? You can live your fantasy life all you want to about going out and seeing places and learning all about the people around you, but how are you going to get there? I'll break it down for you in simple terms:

School = Education
Education = Work
Work = Money
Money = Travel
Travel = Exposure
Exposure = Higher knowledge of the world around you

You can sit back and complain about the government all you want to, but the fact is that we live in a capitalist society. Like it or not, you're here. You don't think money is important because you're most likely not self-sufficient. Money is important to an extent, because it is what drives our society. True, the importance of money is overplayed by some people and groups of people. The sad fact is that if you don't have money, then you don't have the means to get anywhere in your life. If you don't have an education, the only way to get the means to work your ass of, which you clearly don't sound too interested in either. Don't get me wrong, money is not highly important to me, but I realize that I will need it to support myself, and God willing, a family someday. You complain about our money-hungry society being the problem in America today. It is part of the problem, but another problem is that it has spoiled a large part of a whole generation of people just like you who take everything for granted. There are other people in the world than just you, and if you're just trying to make yourself happy without sacrificing a little to make people around you happy, then you're selfish and have fallen into the same trap of today's society that you speak of. There will be no uprising or revolution from people like you because you won't have the means to carry it out. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just telling you like it is.

Before you can learn about the world, you have to learn about yourself, and it seems to me that you still have a lot of that left to do.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I use to feel the same way when I was in school ... I did exactly what I had to do just to get by and ended up graduating by the skin of my teeth .. I graduated with about a 1.2 gpa .. now I am 29 years old and have done absolutely nothing in my life and have nothing to show for my life ... I wish I could go back and start from my freshman year in high school again because if I could I would buckle down and make something of myself ... So if I were you I would block everything else out and get a good education and make a life for yourself ..

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm 19 years old, a sophomore in college, and I'm a big proponent of seeking knowledge. But this pos excuse you're using for not trying in school is bs. In all reality, you have no idea what is going to happen in the future. You speak of these "cataclysms" that may or may not happen, you really have no idea; none of us do. I would advise you to continue seeking knowledge and doing well in school, and not using this as a bs excuse to "not care."

I have my own ideas about the education system, but I believe it is necessary for children and young adults to become educated. Like others have said, where would you be without the education system? You wouldn't even be able to interact with us on this forum. School is good for some things, bad for others. I was lucky enough to have great teachers in high school who encouraged me to actually want to learn, and didn't just feed me a bunch of crap; I feel bad for you if you don't share in my luck. But you definately should not just give up on school because you feel it won't be necessary in a few years.

Finish school. You have no idea what the future of the world holds, that's the only truth you can hold on to right now. Why not prepare yourself to go out into that world? I may be making no sense, but I know your bs excuse for not wanting to try in school makes no sense either. Trust me, atleast I think it would be in your best interest to continue your education. Don't do it for your father, you need to do it for yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm
Well, I don't think its necesary beacuse society is going to change drastically over the next couple of decades, after the cataclysms.

keep raging against the machine, yo

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Go 2 school, mate. Go 4 good grades, do it for knowledge or pride or whateva. Things might be different after the big shake-up but until that happens you gotta eat. Trust me, I already done this and I didnt keep going and now I work a crap job I hate, surrounded by people I can't communicate with, who's only interests are sport and sex, and I can't get out of this hole. Least you will come out with options mate.
Theres no pride in being known as the bloke thats "real intelligent but not real smart" - that what u want?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The purpose of high school is to get you prepared for life after high school, be it working or going to college.

Yea, it is to prepare you for life based on this corrupt system where you have to pay illegal taxes, and buy unnecessary things because society suggest that it is necessary. Not only that, school is where the "production of humans" start. The manipulations start at a school system that is unnatural, and most parents force their kids to go to school. The school system shapes you up into a robot so then when you graduate "your out the door!" so that you can function under the corrupt system work system and work for money. Not only that, money desire fullfillment is the end goal of school, so people let themselves be manipulated and shaped up to be the perfect cookie cutter mold of what society, and the government wants them to be.

When I started school I was EAGER to go. I am a learner. Don't get me wrong, but alot of you are judging me based on the fact that I don't agree with the school system and that I am actually showing the world that I refuse to be manipulated and controlled beyond my own will.

When I started school I was the happiest kid in class and I was also the smartest in all my classes, beyond everybody I think. I was reading lke a seventh grader in 2nd grade, according to my psychologist. I was always reading for the class. I was always finishing my assignments before everyone and the teacher ran out of extra work to give me. I wanted the teacher to give me more work and I went ahead without having the teacher tell me to.

When I got into middle school around 7th grade or 8th I just stopped caring really because now I hated school. The thnigs I was learning were useless. Not only that, I had ADD. ADD is not a born "disease". ADD gets caused by multitasking. Also, it happens when a kid goes to school in elementary, and finds that the school work is very easy, requiring not much concentration in focus. While other slower learning kids, are concentrating their asses off and are struggling to understand things, at such an early age they develop concentration and focusing skills easily. Then when the smart kids go to a higher grade level later on like say in middle school, they find that school work is much harder because it requires much more concentration than what school work used to require in elementary.

Then they get diagnosed with ADD, and then they go to a psychiatrist which prescribes pills to students because of the fact that he hasn't developed those concentration skills, YET. THen the child get dependant on those pills and it becomes necessary because he has gotten usd to taking them. All those pills prescribed for poeple with ADD turn them into zombies.

I myself did not take these pills and later on in high school when I got into spirituality, I learned focusing and concentration skills. Now I don't have ADD anymore, or at least it is much less than now, because I have put the effort to learn concentration skills on my own, than letting a damn pill do it for me.

I started doing bad at school around 7th grade. It first started with Ds. When I got into high school I got Fs, because I simply don't care anymore. I am now one year behind, and in 11th grade when Im supposed to be graduating high school this year. All my individualness, and has even caused some isolation, due to the fact that I simply refuse to participate in what everyone would call "normal talk" when it is simply gossip about material things, this and that, and negative emotions being shared and passed around, bringing other people down with them bla bla bla its too much to say right now.

I am just not on the same level with other people and that causes some isolation. I do love people really I do, but there are limiting factors that doesn't let me love the way that I would like to because it is unnacceptable to some, or it is simply not normal. I am sort of the oddball doing my own things. I would like to relate to people but I simply can't because I am on another level than other people, and most wouldn't even understand.

I wish we could be all on a spiritual common ground. But I think things will change very soon. There will be freedom soon.

I think I got lost in this post.... I sort of went into a trance while typing this up so it might sound a little.... unorganized, but I think I got my point across how I wanted it.

I wish you all the best.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Mastering school can be as simple as doing your homework twice.

Since you are not learning anything of value, it is up to you to master common sense, and set aside time to study what really interests you. Knowledge is power, but the way they are presenting it to you requires a truth test and a reasonable filter. All that stuff in school can be reduced to some simple formula, and you have to figure it out. It can be as simple as a speed reading development, a way of simplifying your ability to study how to study.

The fact is school is too easy, not that it is too hard. You make it hard by rebelling against its "dishonesty," but the key is to learn from it, regurgitate the nonsense they want you to regurgitate. Then you set out on your own, to find the real power of knowledge within things that attend to your self maintenance and self interest. It can be hard for a while, but the key to knowledge is facilitation of everything you do.

Master the nonsense, so you can actually make sense out of what is really happening. Don't give up on knowledge because the fake prussian educational system wants to turn you into a fool.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I realized that I missed some points that I wanted to make in that last post because I went to a more personal subject. So the purpose for this extra reply is to make the points I missed.

I think schooling is important but not the way school is in today's school system. Schooling would be alot more useful if it refrain from all the unneccessary things that we are forced to ingrain in our heads. Logic is great. Math is great, up until like the middle of Algebra 1, and the middle of Geometry 1. The rest is just crap. History is crap because most of it is lies. Only the winners write history. Earth and space science is ok but some of the stuff there is unnecessary and just lies. English, and reading is good... except when we have to read stupid british literature, and poems and stuff that were written hundreds of years ago. Its good for the mental stimulation though where we have to figure out what the # Romeo was saying because he spoke incoherent most of the time.

Government... hahahaha MY FAVORITE SUBJECT! *sarcasm*

I ain't doing jack SHIIIIT in government. No need to. Not working for the government anytime soon. American citizens don't have much power over what bills are passed anymore or not. All that stuff is also useless. I don't want to have to learn about our corrupt government, and go into a detailed science about it.

Politics...most of that is usually just crap talk about things based on today's system and manipulation. Also, robot talk to me. People spreading their limited views on society, bla bla bla. Couldn't care less.

What about REAL #ing education? Esoteric knowledge. Meditation. LEARNING HOW TO LEARN. Psychology. Learning how to control emotions and handle them. Learning about the truth of humankinds history. Intuition. Useful mathematics. An actual class about common sense and logic. Self defense. Creativity development. Right side brain development. Left side brain development. Learning how to heal ourselves without the use of medication. Healing herbs. Speed reading. Memorization skills. Developing the spirit. Self Improvement. Communications, and social skills.

Ya see, most of these are necessary for life. Most of the # we learn today are just, memorization. Anybody can memorize but that doesn't necessarily excercise our brain, it just overloads it with junk. Thats great that we are building are memories, but how about going and actually LEARNING how to memorize and learning skills on how to memorize things easier, and quicker.

I think that is all for now.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Mastering school can be as simple as doing your homework twice.

Since you are not learning anything of value, it is up to you to master common sense, and set aside time to study what really interests you. Knowledge is power, but the way they are presenting it to you requires a truth test and a reasonable filter. All that stuff in school can be reduced to some simple formula, and you have to figure it out. It can be as simple as a speed reading development, a way of simplifying your ability to study how to study.

The fact is school is too easy, not that it is too hard. You make it hard by rebelling against its "dishonesty," but the key is to learn from it, regurgitate the nonsense they want you to regurgitate. Then you set out on your own, to find the real power of knowledge within things that attend to your self maintenance and self interest. It can be hard for a while, but the key to knowledge is facilitation of everything you do.

Master the nonsense, so you can actually make sense out of what is really happening. Don't give up on knowledge because the fake prussian educational system wants to turn you into a fool.

I think common sense could be solved by logic, math and "common intuition". Intuitive skills.

Another great class or thing to learn is, quick thinking. Most would benefit from that.

Most quick thinking comes from having a clear but focused state of mind, and most people have not learned to do that.

Also, common sense these days is thought of as something completely different from what I think it is. I think it is also... robot talk. It is thought based on reactions on what you think things are, which you may not think is certain. Prove me wrong and I will stand corrected... beause I haven't really thought much about it to really come to a final conclusion about it. I feel as if I may get some opposition, so prove me wrong, and I will just learn from it because chances are I have missed what you have pointed out.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Quiet Storm

I ain't doing jack SHIIIIT in government. No need to. Not working for the government anytime soon.

Whats that mean you not gonna get a job/college or even bother to "input" to your establishment/country?

If so it means everyone else who does work will pay out for you (Happens a lot in Britian or so i hear) and it just gives massive tax hikes and makes prices go up

School is a bag of crap and "modles" you but in return you get life skills (Socilism or a lot do) when you leave you dont need to remember any of it unless you are gonna use it

Personaly i hated the school system but i loved the atmosphere as it was very enjoyable (The people around me not the system)

No matter what you do the government will always have a certain degree of control over you if the government collaped on you then everyone in that country is seriously gonna be skrewed as food supplys and social order (cops ect) would be non existant and you would get a lot of crime (Even more)

Some people dont even have an education system (3rd world)

I dont mind people complaining about it as it was crap but everyone in the western world takes everything for granted

But if the government collapses or dosnt "drone" you then the people who work for that country (Everyone who works/pays taxes) would have a lower economicy state and that would bring down any standards of living

A lot of our ansestors have had a lot worse than us to get us where we are today and shed their blood and worked their asses off for what we have now

You have to look at the whole picture

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Crash]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Actually I was thinking more like getting a dropping out, then get a GED since its less work, and go to college, or a technical and see where I go from there.

But the work system is also #ed up. Read that post "Does Work Really Work??" Yea I'd have to live with it, but I also do beleive that this will all be over soon, and that there will be other ways to get what we wanted, and also the system will be ALOT different in the future. To function in the future system I'd kinda have to steer away from this current system and prepare for thenew system.... I might even partake in it, if it comes to play... but for right now I think during the next years we'd just be struggling to survive because of the natural disasters, and starting from scratch with nothing but survival skills. I think it will be almost primitive except that we can communicate alot better and work in teams now because of the communication skills.

Anyways, that's just my opinion, but I do have a plan B if all this doesnt happen.... it just seems to me right now like I don't need it, but its always there if I do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join